Author Topic: Video Game Music Thread  (Read 43596 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Video Game Music Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2016, 09:33:23 AM »
Deemo: Wings of Piano

Cytus - Deemo: Entrance (This is a mashup of the same song from the two games by the original artist.)

Deemo: ANiMA

Deemo: Reverse - Parallel Universe
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »
Just an example of the greatness present in the Divine Divinity soundtrack:

Horror of the Walking Bones
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2016, 12:59:58 PM »
I am happy that someone posted some Phantom Brave music, one of my favorite game. ^-^
That being said, here is some music from another Nippon Ichi game, Soul Nomad and the World Eaters :
Crash Landing

I am a big fan of the music in Undertale.
Here are some of my favorites :
Temmie Village
Another Medium
Core
Death By Glamour
Undertale

Oh, I recently tried Shovel Knight and it has some good music too. ^^
Main Theme

You can wish for anything!

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2016, 12:43:33 PM »
Someone mentioned earlier Crash Wrath of Cortex (more specifically the song Atmospheric Pressure) and while that's one of my favourite songs from the soundtrack you cannot forget the greatness that is Wizards and Lizards

Tacking onto the above poster (who has great vgm taste by the way) :
Crypt of the Necrodancer - Konga Conga Kappa
Crypt of the Necrodancer - Portabellohead <best song in the game imo
VVVVVV - Pushing Onwards

But I cannot believe that nobody has mentioned Okami yet. Quite possibly my favourite ost hands down. So many beautiful songs to pick from but I have to narrow it down to a few.
Okami - Inside the Water Dragon
Okami - Shinshu Plains
Okami - Ryoshima Coast
Okami - Emperor of Eternal Darkness

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2016, 03:12:09 PM »
The Phoenix Wright series has a lot of good music, but I chose three of my favorites.

Trials And Tribulations - Elegy Of The Captured
Miles Edgeworth - Confrontation - Presto
Justice For All - Questioning - Moderato
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2016, 09:55:41 PM »
System Shock 2 - Med Sci 1
System Shock 2 - Engineering
System Shock 2 - Hydro 1
System Shock 2 - Ops 2
System Shock 2 - Command

Note that these are actually fully dynamic - as in changing and looping between different parts according to situation - when heard in-game.

« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2016, 07:46:30 PM »
Ooooh, I just found this thread. Any thread were we share what we think is great video game music is a great idea.  :V

Has anybody mentioned the HuniePop OST by World of Wandag? Botanical Gardens is a particular favorite of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_fklrtR75I&list=PLgBxvGmLkLMxgLTffuaJApkPTEQiERc_J&index=10

Another artist that deserves particular mention is Cyber Rainforce. He/she is a self proclaimed independent music composer living in Japan who composes many musics (MP3, Ogg, and SMF) for video games. I have heard many of his/her works in various doujin games and they all rock. A particular favorite of mine is Factory Invasion (Inside Mix) which really gets the blood pumping for an epic battle. You can find a video of all of his/her works here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eInnwyEZiiI

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2016, 06:04:33 PM »
New Doom game is out. The music is PURE AND CONCENTRATED ANGER. Really hope they'll release OST separately.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2016, 07:06:57 PM »
My favourite tracks from the new Doom.

DOOM (2016) - BFG Division
DOOM (2016) - I am VEGA
DOOM (2016) - Flesh & Metal (Warning: HEAVY industrial)

Also a few (slightly less heavy) battle tracks from another great relatively new game.

Shadow Warrior (2013) - Flying Limbs
Shadow Warrior (2013) - The Modern Samurai
Shadow Warrior (2013) - Demonic Invasions

...As well as a few calm ambient ones.

Shadow Warrior (2013) - A Moment Of Calm
Shadow Warrior (2013) - Mysteries of Blood
Shadow Warrior (2013) - What Now

And lastly, the title theme. What can I say, I really love this game, and music is one of the reasons.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2016, 09:21:54 PM »
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2016, 06:55:04 AM »
Oh hay, we need more music.

Cytus - Coma

Cytus - Cosmo/Deemo - Space Colony (Full ver.)

Deemo - Magnolia

Deemo - ANiMAtion (Actually a remix of ANiMA by Sakuzyo, not in the game.)

Deemo - Run Lads Run (Also known as balls hard to clear.)

Deemo - L10:Largo

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star - Ra Ciela Reincarnation (Warning: heavy endgame spoilers)

Valkyria Chronicles - A Love Passed On English/Japanese (Warning: heavy spoilers)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:24:07 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »
Street Fighter EX's often overlooked but it had great music.

Rising Dragoon
Precious Heart
Strange Sunset
Sakura Mankai
Guardian of Light
Stronger

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2016, 08:03:55 PM »
Lately, I've been listening to a lot of music from the Kirby games.  :P

Here are some of my favorite songs and such.

Miracle Matter's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-yLIXnc14

Galacta Knight's theme:  :dragonforce:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy2Xwrs-tNc

Desert Area theme in Planet Robobot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ6zBuRlK8M

Zero Two's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFZHQZFd1Bw

Many more songs as well, but I don't want to make the biggest post ever.  :V

i like cute stuff

Pywackett-Barchetta

• Icelandic Elf Inspector
  • G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2016, 04:57:26 AM »
Ooh, I'm quite pleased to see UNATCO and Roller Mobster already mentioned here. Excellent! I'm probably over-contributing here, but I wanted to get a good collection up.

Sonic Spinball - Toxic Caves - Spinball's darker, and honestly, overall creepier style brought with it some heavy grunge to the musical stylings of the Sonic games. My family has many fond memories of this one.
Sonic R - Back In Time - This one is especially fitting when looking back on this nostalgically, or playing it as escapism nowadays... I gotta say, when it came in out of nowhere for the first time in Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, I nearly cried.

Daytona USA - The King of Speed - Obligatory.
Daytona USA - Sky High - Also.
Daytona USA 2: Battle on the Edge - I Can Do It - Not as obligatory, but a fine track. Comes in classic flavor, too.

L.A. Noire - driving music - I used to keep this on my phone and listen to it on my commute. Really nails the feeling of having your work cut out for you, chasing the next lead.

GRID - Vintage Warmer - Gosh, this super-soothing main menu music is much of what made this game such a genuinely pleasant experience. It made the garage feel like home. I booted up the game just to listen to this sometimes.
GRID 2 - Eliminator - On the less relaxing side, the contested sequel to GRID brought an elimination mode with 20-second timers between each elimination, and the music was perfectly timed to fit it. One of my only complaints with Autosport is replacing this with a tamer, electronic variant.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005) - The Heat - There's many variations on the game's police pursuit music, but an absolutely stellar assortment of bits and pieces lead to a dynamic soundtrack I still have yet to see rivaled in action.
Tomb Raider: Legend - Peru Bike Ride - This high-octane mix of the game's main theme accompanies one of the most ridiculously fun moments of the game... once you get the motorbike controls figured out. It'd be more apt to say it makes the first eight times you drive face-first into a rock tolerable.
Tomb Raider: Legend - Kazakhstan Train Chase - Another Ducati ride, another awesome anthem for it.

Deus Ex - Main Theme - It's hard not to keep humming or whistling this one. I can't blame that guy in Detroit during Human Revolution.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Secunda - A gorgeous, peaceful tune that mostly tells me it's time to go to bed.
Animal Crossing - Nook's Cranny - Feel free to browse, but try not to carouse! Ho ho ho! (I'm angling to staff someone's Artist's Alley booth again expressly so I can play this on my phone while I do so.)
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Stealthy Bat - It's easy to forget that the original Arkham Asylum was more along the lines of survival horror in tone. It's not easy to forget that while you're playing it, though. For reference's sake, this is what the music sounds like when you do have the upper hand.

PAYDAY: The Heist - See You at the Safe House - Being the 'level clear' theme, this is usually accompanied with a huge sigh of relief and congratulations among teammates.

PAYDAY 2 - Armed to the Teeth - No other song in this game so perfectly encapsulates the feeling that you're playing the bad guys.
PAYDAY 2 - Evil Eye - Simon Viklund always puts out amazing work, and this is no exception. This is for the Hotline Miami heist, and as such, takes a great deal of influence from the game it's named and themed after. Nowadays, I've played this level so many times that the majority of my difficulty with it comes from trying to see where I'm going while headbanging.
PAYDAY 2 - Ode All'Avidita - Yes, for the Big Bank trailer, Viklund went ahead and composed an opera...
PAYDAY 2 - Ode to Greed - ...expressly to use a remixed version of it for the level proper. I think deserves a slot if only for Holy Shizz Quotient alone.
PAYDAY 2 - Fully Loaded Epic Win - This is one of the few tracks in the game not composed by Viklund, with Le Castle Vania instead taking the helm. I'd say it gives me a John Wick vibe and that's a very good thing, but it's to be expected since he was on that soundtrack as well.

PAYDAY: The Heist - Gun Metal Grey - It's easy to hit a 'first level wins' mentality when it comes to memorable music and scenery, but First World Bank is generally the starter level in the first Payday, and this drum-heavy track with a little inspiration from Heat serves it quite well.
PAYDAY 2 - Gun Metal Grey 2015 - Between the remixed music and the return of a classic level remixed for newer gameplay, the initial release of First World Bank for PD2 reminded me a good deal of Sonic Generations. It's pretty impressive hearing a classic leitmotif come roaring back in a series that only did it exactly once before. (Unless you count I Will Give You My All being snuck into the background constantly.)

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus - Super Duper Masochism - Inherent humor of the title aside, it's very tricky to nail the niche of "ballerina hardcore-masochist shinobi with dual-pistols", and somehow this character theme for Ryona fits her just right. It's inherently badass, and makes clear the other end of the deal; either you give her a sound thrashing this very second or you're not gonna like what happens.

Jet Set Radio Future - The Concept of Love - This should have been here already.

Daytona USA - G-A-M-E O-V-E-R - And you thought only Sega Rally was so happy about it.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2016, 04:37:03 PM »
Music to eat sheep to

The above comes from Sheep Dog'n'Wolf, also known as Sheep Raider, a largely forgotten but absolutely brilliant 3D puzzle platformer featuring a Coyote look-alike, his "friend" the guard dog we're supposed to outsmart, and sheep, sheep, sheep. Guest appearance by the one and only Daffy Duck. Just listen to the above, then remember the music isn't even the best part of the game.
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

NaCl

• Salty bitch
  • I'm very salty. Sometimes.
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2016, 08:47:52 PM »
I guess I'll post some of my personal favs. Though I am a bit late to the party, as it seems. I'll try my best not to cause a wall of text, lol.

I simply love Maplestory's soundtrack. So many blissful memories.
Lith Harbor theme - Above the Treetops
El Nath - Warm Regards
Temple of Time

I love the songs in Bastion!
Here's all three of them. Great stuff.

Some from Megaman Zero games.
Megaman Zero 2 - Departure
Megaman Zero 2 - Platinum
Megaman Zero 2 - Neo Arcadia II
Megaman Zero 4 - Straight Ahead
Megaman Zero 4 - Falling Down

The Ys games have appropriately metal OSTs. I really need to play more of those.
Ys I&II Chronicles - To Make The End of Battle
Ys I&II Chronicles - Palace of Solomon
Ys I&II Chronicles - Ice Ridge of Noltia
Ys I&II Chronicles - Final Battle

Sora no Kiseki. Just a bunch of great music.
Sora no Kiseki - Sophisticated Fight
Sora no Kiseki - Silver Will

Kingdom Hearts; Shovel Knight; Touhou (duh); Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

And the list goes on and on.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:51:09 PM by NaCl »