Author Topic: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth  (Read 202373 times)

Re: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth
« Reply #630 on: February 27, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »
I think it's silly that a nearly 1 combo instant kill even exists. Though I'd imagine it'd a tad more work than the double UFO bug before it was patched, and is situational.
Hm? You've never seen one before, Kokkuri? Have a look http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21582894 It's from 1.20, but I don't think it's any lesser now.
Mami being the biggest  offender.

Well, Byakuren could do an instant kill before, with style. It's around 00:44.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #631 on: February 27, 2014, 02:50:04 PM »
Hm? You've never seen one before, Kokkuri? Have a look http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21582894 It's from 1.20, but I don't think it's any lesser now.
Mami being the biggest  offender.

Well, Byakuren could do an instant kill before, with style. It's around 00:44.
A lot of characters can kill, but they usually require both SC and last word, a situation that's way too unlikely to ever happen. Futo can do it too, last I recall.

The Byakuren has two resets in it though, not a true combo, so it is escapable.

« Reply #632 on: February 27, 2014, 04:51:59 PM »

A lot of characters can kill, but they usually require both SC and last word, a situation that's way too unlikely to ever happen. Futo can do it too, last I recall.

The Byakuren has two resets in it though, not a true combo, so it is escapable.
Well, actually I got into that kind of situation quite often. But I can't do that with Byakuren, since the only SC she can follow with Angirasa Veda is her Mahavairocana(counter).

And no, G. That is a legit, inescapable instant kill. Both the resets are unavoidable.
The first one is a cross-up.
Usually it's blockable if you press the other direction at the right moment, but back then there's a window where you cannot guard while turning around. Byakuren, being the awesome teleporter, can make full use of this and always score a hit with her oki. Not even setting the dummy to Auto Guard can block it.
The second one is on purpose, since it will definitely hit anyway.
Byakuren's SC, "Master of the Great Trichiliocosm" is the attack with the absolute top priority in the whole game. Byakuren cannot be hit out of it, it's ungrazeable, unblockable, unescapable(Marisa can't escape when she goes off-screen with her Blazing Star, Nitori too), uncounterable(neither Byakuren's counter and Reimu's Musou Tensei works), and it ignores invincibility frames. Be it Reimu's barrier SC, Miko's LW, Koishi's Super Ego, ANYTHING won't work.

So yeah, it's not one full combo, but since you can't escape it, it fully deserves to be called an instant kill.
Now you know why she needed the nerf, and I'm fine with that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:57:14 PM by monhan »

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #633 on: February 27, 2014, 06:21:39 PM »
So it's basically Lancer's Gae Bolg. You're already beaten to a pulp when it hits and the beatdown is merely a formality  :V.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #634 on: February 27, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »
Usually it's blockable if you press the other direction at the right moment, but back then there's a window where you cannot guard while turning around.
In that case Koishi could've done the same thing as well with her invisible dash that puts her on the other side :V  The game was pretty broken/imcomplete back then anyways.

Thing is in 1.33 a lot of this has been changed and fixed now but doesn't change the fact that some characters can still kill, but through pretty specific situations. Koishi still can't kill though, but if she gets more buffs or some new insane tech pops up for her then maybe :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #635 on: February 27, 2014, 11:21:34 PM »
Double post because I just uploaded a video of Koishi's even MORE damaging combo

8.7k, she's real close to the 9k club :V
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:32:54 AM by Gpop »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #636 on: February 28, 2014, 12:30:58 AM »
Because you just uploaded... top ten NSA pickup lines? :getdown:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #637 on: February 28, 2014, 12:33:44 AM »
Because you just uploaded... top ten NSA pickup lines? :getdown:
Oh goddammit, whoops. I had the wrong thing saved to my clipboard.

Fix'd now, now you can pick up your opponents with some Catch & Rose :V

« Reply #638 on: February 28, 2014, 03:42:17 AM »
"Baby...your Verizon phone isn't the only thing I want to tap."
What a smooth bastard!

Yeah, Koishi should be able to, but I'm not sure. I think she's not fast enough to mess with the opponent's direction.
You can no longer do those two since they slowed down Byakuren's dash and made it so the opponent cannot be released from the stun-lock from the vajra. Also, with the addition of being able to chicken guard by holding a button, I think you need not worry about which direction to press. But I like to think that the first one is still possible with very strict timing.

So it's basically Lancer's Gae Bolg. You're already beaten to a pulp when it hits and the beatdown is merely a formality  :V.
At least Gae Bolg can be blocked & countered with Avalon in-game.
It was really exploitable since you could do a quick 2k combo>resets>the SC kicks in for an extra 4~5k. 7k with minimum spirits!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:49:39 AM by monhan »

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #639 on: April 07, 2014, 01:16:55 AM »
Just noticed after beating Byakuren's Story...
Spoiler:
Cirno appears in the ending during Byakuren's speech. Why it isn't in the wikia?
Mwahahahahha!

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #640 on: April 07, 2014, 02:50:50 PM »
Now it is.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #641 on: April 07, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »
Just noticed after beating Byakuren's Story...
Spoiler:
Cirno appears in the ending during Byakuren's speech. Why it isn't in the wikia?
Spoiler:
Because no one uses the wikia. Everyone uses the touhou wiki instead.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #642 on: April 08, 2014, 03:13:00 AM »
Oops! Confused of wiki!
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #643 on: April 15, 2014, 02:33:35 PM »
Hi.  I'm new.

Pleasantries aside, does anyone know of any way to increase round count or stop the game clock (without having to search for the address in Cheat Engine after each bout) for this game?

The round timer is way too fast and the rounds infuriatingly short -- they seem like only ~45 seconds!   So much so, in fact, that it pretty much renders the Last Word super move impracticable in 99.99% of matches.  The game really needs more user options...  I've never encountered a fighting game that lacks an infinite round time option ...and I've been playing this genre of game since the early 90's!   ::)

« Reply #644 on: April 15, 2014, 03:02:25 PM »
Hi.  I'm new.

Pleasantries aside, does anyone know of any way to increase round count or stop the game clock (without having to search for the address in Cheat Engine after each bout) for this game?

The round timer is way too fast and the rounds infuriatingly short -- they seem like only ~45 seconds!   So much so, in fact, that it pretty much renders the Last Word super move impracticable in 99.99% of matches.  The game really needs more user options...  I've never encountered a fighting game that lacks an infinite round time option ...and I've been playing this genre of game since the early 90's!   ::)

Welcome.

There's no option for both of that, so you'll need to tweak the in-game code for that.

Personally, now I think the timer is a tad slow... with the kind of damage the characters can dish out, most matches can be settled with 3 combos. If you think it's too fast, then stop it by declaring a spell card.
I think what we may need is more health or lower damage, but I'm not really sure about it either. With the current one, the max popularity mostly activates at the right time to finish the match on round 2 or 3 if you play well.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #645 on: April 15, 2014, 03:14:21 PM »
...with the kind of damage the characters can dish out, most matches can be settled with 3 combos.
Forgive me if I sound a bit rude, but are we talking about standard BnB combos or OMGWTFPRO combos? It's been quite a while since I last played.

Also, has anyone updated the Koumakan wiki yet?

« Reply #646 on: April 15, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »
Forgive me if I sound a bit rude, but are we talking about standard BnB combos or OMGWTFPRO combos? It's been quite a while since I last played.

Also, has anyone updated the Koumakan wiki yet?
My lazy Byakuren combo can do 4.5k on Critical Hit,  otherwise 3.8k.
Other characters can also do easy, huge damaging combos. Though most of them include spamming(NITORI).

None, ever since the update to 1.20 if I'm not mistaken.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:05:57 PM by monhan »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #647 on: April 15, 2014, 03:41:18 PM »
Initially, people thought the timer was too slow. However, learning damaging combos, resets, and strategically timed spell card declares will help the round feel either longer, or end it quicker through KOs. Recently I rarely had timeouts, thanks to the pop system forcing players to be more aggressive, resulting in not as much blocking and CHs. Higher level play has a lot of this :V

As for the wiki, the reason why it hasn't been updated was because of the amount of constant patching that changed a lot of effective combos in general, so we got fed up and lazy and decided to wait until the game has calmed down on the patching at least :V

However, I plan on working with the guys at #shinkirou to make a practical BnB combo video for beginners to watch on every character on the cast. I'll be focusing on Koishi myself :V
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:43:35 PM by Gpop »

« Reply #648 on: April 15, 2014, 04:10:59 PM »
... of this :V

... at least :V

... myself :V
You're derping a lot lately, G.

Say, have you read my post about Unabara's tweets? You can either get hype or whatever.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #649 on: April 15, 2014, 11:00:56 PM »
You're derping a lot lately, G.

Say, have you read my post about Unabara's tweets? You can either get hype or whatever.
Not getting my hopes up because it still feels too soon. Also, not getting my hopes up and having doubts of Koishi being in the game worked out better than expected back then :V

Also, I made a spreadsheet for people interested in helping out in the combo video.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvoR2ToF9ceedDIyNEREZklrUXhjanpfeWpBbHJFelE#gid=0

Basically, I'm making a compilation of BnB combos for every characters so newer players can learn what practical combos characters can use in a real match (can range from easy to difficult (but practical and actually used in a match all the time) combos. Rules for taking a slot is below.

As for submission, just PM me the videos you recorded of the combos to me :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #650 on: May 03, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »
Bump because I just uploaded a set of myself vs. a Byakuren player over at #shinkirou
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zubC77T0aEs

« Reply #651 on: May 08, 2014, 07:42:12 AM »
if you need Tao Miko combos, I can try to record some for you. That or send you the replay.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #652 on: May 08, 2014, 05:28:01 PM »
That'd be great actually. Just add your name to the spreadsheet :V

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #653 on: May 09, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »
I just made a short video of some Reimu combos. I am going to make a video for each of the playable characters.
Unfortunately I can't do many advanced combos :V, so most of my combos are going to be for Beginners/Intermediate players.
Here is the video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvQ5I_aN8n8

Edit-Ignore this link for now. The framerate was very bad, so I am remaking it

Edit 2- The new video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNVRwFzkeUE
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:02:08 PM by KingofBaka »
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #655 on: May 11, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »
LOL, I've had that glitch happen to me before. It's a pretty old glitch, from what I remember.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:45:35 PM by Leonard-Helsing »

« Reply #656 on: May 17, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »
So, Mr. Leonard-Helsing, I've read that you're from Indonesia and live in Jakarta...

YOU HAVE TO FIGHT ME!!!

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #657 on: May 17, 2014, 03:30:11 PM »
I'm pretty rusty right now, and Real Life currently has its claws clutching me quite tightly, so...maybe sometime later?
Out of curiosity, do you also happen to live in Jakarta?

« Reply #658 on: May 18, 2014, 07:24:11 AM »
I'm pretty rusty right now, and Real Life currently has its claws clutching me quite tightly, so...maybe sometime later?
Out of curiosity, do you also happen to live in Jakarta?
Not anytime soon. Maybe next week. And I'm only able on weekends.

Yeah. South Jakarta, to be exact.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #659 on: May 18, 2014, 07:47:44 AM »
Not only do we live in the same province, but also in the same city. This is a pleasant surprise. Maybe we've even crossed paths before without realizing it.

By the way, I have around 200kBps down/20kBps up max, is that even adequate for an online match?  I know it's a bit on the slow side compared to everyone else overseas, blame the current communications and information minister.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:57:31 AM by Leonard-Helsing »