Author Topic: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth  (Read 202404 times)

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
Re: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth
« Reply #720 on: October 08, 2014, 04:59:17 PM »
Well, last I know is that mauve doesn't want to do it. If someone can try to ask him about it, then please do.
I've already talked with some of them and they're not interested on making it, which is understandable since it's a lot of work.
They, however, wouldn't mind telling us how to make it step by step.
So that leaves us with just one problem, finding enough programmers to get the work on it.
brliron who worked  for the translation patch doesn't mind helping out, but he admits that it's too difficult for him to work on the beginning part.

So if anyone want to help out, then I really want you guys to ask around for some skilled programmers who know a thing or two about making rollback, preferably from the HM players base, since we need interest and motivation more than anything. I, myself, am going to ask my friend to publicize the recruitment in some Touhou pages. Hopefully it'll attract enough attention, and get us some programmers to help.
I'll ask Sahu to tell the Latino fanbase too, since we really need to ask around a lot in our current state.
I admit, the game is pretty dead and this attempt may be no different than previous ones, but there are people who still want to play it, so I'd like to give it a try.
We know what to do, we get the means, all that's left is the people to do it, so why don't we try?
Obviously, it'll be a long and hard work, but for things like this, it's best to just give it a go before giving up.
In short, please help find some programmers. Ask anyone you know and anywhere you think is possible. We really have to give our worst or we'll never going anywhere.

As for the money, no worries. That's actually the last thing we need to take care of. If we're lucky, maybe it'll be free. That all depends on the programmers.

I know they are not interested, but they can tell you (or whoever interseted to do it) on how to do it

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #721 on: April 28, 2015, 01:01:38 AM »
Hey guys, to commemorate ULiL's upcoming release, I decided to release one final combo video, this time featuring the entire cast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVm6dlN_Q78

I will genuinely miss this game, since I think it's a pretty decent and healthy game, it just had a really unfortunate release but after all the patches I think it's actually a good game now. But hey, hopefully ULiL will continue to be just as fun or even more fun than HM, assuming the occult system won't be too annoying.

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
« Reply #722 on: April 28, 2015, 06:09:23 PM »
Beautiful video  ;)

It's rather unfortunate indeed.
Would you drop the game if occult spots went full RNG?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #723 on: April 28, 2015, 08:02:04 PM »
Beautiful video  ;)

It's rather unfortunate indeed.
Would you drop the game if occult spots went full RNG?
Depending on how bad the occult spots themselves will be. I probably still won't like it (especially the Smash ball aspect) but I'll see if my love for Koishi will overcome it.

« Reply #724 on: April 28, 2015, 09:22:29 PM »
Makes me want to shed a tear  :(

Great video to send HM off, well done tribute pop. That was fun to watch

Farewell HM, I only knew you for a few months and without any of the past drama but I liked you a good amount.
Time to see what the successor can do now the days are dwindling down awfully fast.
Good luck ULIL, the gauntlet of players and critics wait patiently for you

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #725 on: April 29, 2015, 02:03:15 AM »
And I still never really managed to get into this game much because there's still no rollback as far as I am aware. Shame if the same thing happens to the new game too because I might just pass on it entirely if it rots like HM for me. Unplayable from my location due to half speed games.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

« Reply #726 on: April 29, 2015, 05:59:39 AM »
That is a very valid point mesarthim

I'm going to pray for a miracle to happen, rollback would come a long way if it existed

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #727 on: May 07, 2015, 01:34:40 PM »
So I'm bumping this once more because I completely forgot I could do this combo with Kokoro off a dial-a

3.1k midscreen combo? That's pretty good considering it's midscreen (only character I know how to break 3k from dial-a consistently from midscreen is Byakuren)

...yeah I'm still going back to this lol. I can't let it goooooooo

« Reply #728 on: May 07, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »
It's alright if you want to. I also still play it sometimes, replaying story mode, trashing the AI opponent, etc

Even with ULiL out, I'll still go back to HM, since not all moves and stuff got carried over.