Author Topic: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth  (Read 202386 times)

iPetalchaser

Re: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth
« Reply #690 on: August 24, 2014, 01:40:25 PM »
Just a heads-up that Shinkirou has been revitalised over the past few days, with matches on #shinkirou on irc.rizon.net.

Also an excuse to prevent the thread from falling into a state where a new one would have to be made.  ( ^.~)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #691 on: August 24, 2014, 02:44:55 PM »
Yeah I was surprised to see people actually playing it again. It even got me back to playing it a bit. Too bad the lag spikes were really annoying.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #692 on: August 24, 2014, 03:11:54 PM »
So how's Shinkiroll coming?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #693 on: August 24, 2014, 03:17:56 PM »
Gonna have to bug Fireseal about that again. Though I think the person who would usually ask is either Sahuaro or monhan (I believe it was the former)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #694 on: August 24, 2014, 03:23:18 PM »
To this day I wonder why some FTGs don't use rollback-based netcode. From what I know, rollback is the best for FTG netplay.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #695 on: August 24, 2014, 03:31:41 PM »
Considering how small Japan is and how good their internet is supposedly, they didn't intend it to be played outside of Japan so the netcode they used is good for them there.

EDIT: Just heard that he's not interested in making the HM rollback. Instead he's working on Eternal Fighter Zero, of all fighting games, instead. Basically he gave up on a dead game for an even deader game, lol. Personally, I'd say you could still try to bug him if you want to see how far that goes to show interest in the game still exists, but I doubt it could possibly work. Doesn't hurt to try I guess.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:31:32 PM by Gpop »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #696 on: August 24, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »
I see, hold on for a second please.
Spoiler:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Spoiler:
*punches wall*
Spoiler:
*hurts hand*
Spoiler:
-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!
So, how likely is an expansion happening sometime in the future again?

« Reply #697 on: August 25, 2014, 02:55:16 AM »
Well, I dunno anything about that rollback-something stuff.
But where is this Fireseal guy or anyone who's capable of developing it? I think at this point we just have to start making it ourselves.

The expansion won't be coming anytime soon. Not Touhou 14.5, most likely 14.8, if not even later.
Unabara and co. are still busy playing Kancolle.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #698 on: August 25, 2014, 04:19:46 AM »
still busy playing Kancolle.
busy playing Kancolle.

Spoiler:
j/k

iPetalchaser

« Reply #699 on: August 27, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »
No matches over the past 3 days. I suppose we're back to normal on all channels.

*clenches mask*  The situation seems Hopeless for now.....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:00:32 PM by Kayneth »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #700 on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:57 PM »
If you see me in the chat just poke me if you want a game or two. I just don't play because I don't find anyone else who does.

iPetalchaser

« Reply #701 on: August 28, 2014, 06:46:48 AM »
Thanks a lot! Though i've lost access to my open-port internet connection reccently, and it will take atleast this weekend for me to travel to the nearest town where i can get that recharge pack. I think i'll see you Sunday. :v

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #702 on: August 28, 2014, 10:22:20 AM »
This is really dumb, but blame Ciel for making this

Although I take some fault into this for the "COMBOFUL" inspiration :V

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #703 on: August 28, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »
lol omfg what the hell that was stupid as fuck :getdown:
...You know what, fuck it, someone needs to make an actual joke translation patch, just for the kicks.

Also, where did that Miko=Saber joke come from, aside from her being the only one who wields a sword in the game?
EDIT: And being a genderbent historical figure. Derp, can't believe I forgot about that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:32:13 PM by Leonard-Helsing »

iPetalchaser

« Reply #704 on: August 28, 2014, 12:44:16 PM »
What stupid? I have thoroughly enjoyed this patch. In fact, it was the first HM English patch i've bothered to try. ( <.<) Hope we get some more players after that glorious opening sequence.
Also, should've used Guile theme with Reimu, cause you know, Flash Kick!

What was the song used in the Futo stretch, by the way?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #705 on: August 28, 2014, 01:33:31 PM »
By stupid I meant stupidly hilarious, my sides went to orbit because of that.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:01:11 AM by monhan »

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #707 on: September 07, 2014, 03:09:22 AM »
Hello Everyone. Just posting this to let everyone know that I have uploaded a Byakuren Combo Video.
I was thinking about who to do next after Reimu. At first, I was going to do Marisa, and then I thought about doing Kokoro but then I switched the character to Miko and then I thought about Futo but eventually I settled on Byakuren.
Two things about the video, 1. I recorded on my desktop and apparently it doesn't like Hopeless and Bandicam running at the same time, so there is lag through out the video although it is at its worst during the Last Word combos :V.
                                                  2. I messed up with the music and the sound effects so there are no hit sounds through the video, only the music I added :V. I should have recorded with the music set to 0 and the sound effects set to a reasonable level but I didn't think about this until I went to add the music.

Other then that, I think I did pretty good. I even learned some new stuff with Byakuren along the way so I guess it worked out in the end. :)
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

« Reply #708 on: September 20, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »
Seeing the youtube links made me want to show off some of my old replays

#was bored

miko vs babazou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n47iShdZtyI

babakuren vs babazou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7rHLR-QtcY

maybe one of these days i should upload some of my recent replays...

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #709 on: September 20, 2014, 04:58:03 PM »
I would play this A LOT more if Shinkiroll became a thing.

Maybe someone from here could attempt it?

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #710 on: September 20, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »

I might make an effort to play it at all if it existed because it's unplayable here unless you live in Hawaii.  Of which I know no one that does. As a result I haven't played it all year.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #711 on: September 21, 2014, 01:58:41 AM »
Hey guys, remember when I found an 8.7k combo for Koishi?

What if I told you that she can do even more damage...?

« Reply #712 on: September 21, 2014, 08:49:06 AM »

Trying to.

Since I have no idea how to make one, and Fireseal not available for it, I decided to try asking for some people who know how it works and make it. For now it's the people from the Sokuroll community or those who understand things about rollback.

Unfortunately, me and Sahu didn't have the time to ask them this few weeks, so it would be nice if there's someone around who can talk to them about it.

Since they'll probably ask for some funding, I already have a way to take care of that, but it'll be better if you can donate. You don't have to, but it'll certainly help.
As long as they don't ask for more than $1000(sokuroll costs $350 or so back then), then I think it's somewhat manageable.

What is your opinion about it? I can use some critics or ideas

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
« Reply #713 on: September 30, 2014, 08:09:11 AM »
Maybe you can bug mauve about it, he made some tutorial regarding roll.
There's also source code for IaMP roll somewhere on the net IIRC

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #714 on: October 03, 2014, 02:33:33 AM »
Trying to.

Since I have no idea how to make one, and Fireseal not available for it, I decided to try asking for some people who know how it works and make it. For now it's the people from the Sokuroll community or those who understand things about rollback.

Unfortunately, me and Sahu didn't have the time to ask them this few weeks, so it would be nice if there's someone around who can talk to them about it.

Since they'll probably ask for some funding, I already have a way to take care of that, but it'll be better if you can donate. You don't have to, but it'll certainly help.
As long as they don't ask for more than $1000(sokuroll costs $350 or so back then), then I think it's somewhat manageable.

What is your opinion about it? I can use some critics or ideas
As long as someone can do it :V But I don't really chat with the Soku community itself so I can't really ask.

I could try to donate but since I'm strapped on cash myself I can't really help much on that.

« Reply #715 on: October 04, 2014, 04:10:22 AM »
Maybe you can bug mauve about it, he made some tutorial regarding roll.
There's also source code for IaMP roll somewhere on the net IIRC
Well, last I know is that mauve doesn't want to do it. If someone can try to ask him about it, then please do.

As long as someone can do it :V But I don't really chat with the Soku community itself so I can't really ask.

I could try to donate but since I'm strapped on cash myself I can't really help much on that.
I've already talked with some of them and they're not interested on making it, which is understandable since it's a lot of work.
They, however, wouldn't mind telling us how to make it step by step.
So that leaves us with just one problem, finding enough programmers to get the work on it.
brliron who worked  for the translation patch doesn't mind helping out, but he admits that it's too difficult for him to work on the beginning part.

So if anyone want to help out, then I really want you guys to ask around for some skilled programmers who know a thing or two about making rollback, preferably from the HM players base, since we need interest and motivation more than anything. I, myself, am going to ask my friend to publicize the recruitment in some Touhou pages. Hopefully it'll attract enough attention, and get us some programmers to help.
I'll ask Sahu to tell the Latino fanbase too, since we really need to ask around a lot in our current state.
I admit, the game is pretty dead and this attempt may be no different than previous ones, but there are people who still want to play it, so I'd like to give it a try.
We know what to do, we get the means, all that's left is the people to do it, so why don't we try?
Obviously, it'll be a long and hard work, but for things like this, it's best to just give it a go before giving up.
In short, please help find some programmers. Ask anyone you know and anywhere you think is possible. We really have to give our worst or we'll never going anywhere.

As for the money, no worries. That's actually the last thing we need to take care of. If we're lucky, maybe it'll be free. That all depends on the programmers.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #716 on: October 04, 2014, 11:14:52 AM »
Unless you found someone else, SpikeSpiegel said he'd give you tips, not take you through the process step by step.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

« Reply #717 on: October 04, 2014, 12:29:12 PM »
Unless you found someone else, SpikeSpiegel said he'd give you tips, not take you through the process step by step.
Yeah, just tips. The general ideas on what to do. That's still better than nothing, Shima.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #718 on: October 04, 2014, 01:51:48 PM »
Yeah, just tips. The general ideas on what to do. That's still better than nothing, Shima.

I've already talked with some of them and they're not interested on making it, which is understandable since it's a lot of work.
They, however, wouldn't mind telling us how to make it step by step.

That's very different to what you said in the other post.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

« Reply #719 on: October 04, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
That's very different to what you said in the other post.
That's true. Maybe I should be more careful with choosing my words to avoid misunderstandings then.