Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 277813 times)

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #270 on: September 03, 2013, 02:15:43 AM »
Good night,
Spoiler:
Byakuren
is stupid. You just let her sit there and lolbuff herself while about every enemy in the game bounces off of her, then turn your whole team into ?bermensch and go to town.
Spoiler:
She pretty much trivialized the Eiki fight; two oni and a tank of choice with permanent max-buffed Attack and Speed is plain dumb.

I mean, I thought she looked good on paper, but damn :derp:

Well,
Spoiler:
she is the superhuman monk and you do get her late in the game, so it's no surprise that she's OP.
Personally, I have two thoughts about this.

1)
Spoiler:
If she's this OP, rather than nerf her, they could simply make the last scroll harder to get. How would be simple: split the scroll into 4 or 5 parts, then have a powerful FOE guard each piece. Beat them all and fix the scroll at Nitori's shop for a large sum of cash (100k sounds good?), then get back to the rock, and fight another FOE that shows up right in between you and her after unsealing the rock. Win the fight, get to her, and there you go.

2) Well, in the game makers defense,
Spoiler:
you kind of do need a lot of skill points to turn her into "Byakuren Hijiri, Ultimate Superhuman monk", so I do believe that they thought that 18 points per skill was enough. I guess that they were wrong. Perhaps they should just increase the points needed to unlock them(I'm think)?

Also, not powering up those skills and using her "as-is' could work as a "I don't want to break the game" challenge, yes? I mean, she's still good without those skills, and fights will still feel like fights, right?

Edit: I actually have another question. In LoT1, what do you need to do to access NG+? I figure that I should ask since I have no clue how it is accomplished, and the wiki doesn't say what unlocks it...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:24:31 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #271 on: September 03, 2013, 03:32:20 AM »
Victory is mine! Freakin' A, the
Spoiler:
second Tenshi
fight is difficult without Kaguya, Alice, or Yuugi. I had to get everyone to about lvl 45 to make it through. Approriately,
Spoiler:
Iku
got the final hit in.

Spent the entire day burning my way from 5F up to 9F. I took Mokou on 5F since I won't be getting another tank until
Spoiler:
Tenshi
, and I somehow doubt that I can get through some of the fights without one. I'm kicking myself for ignoring Iku in my first playthrough; her buffs are amazing and she does surprising amounts of damage if you invest in her magic. I know it's recommended to build her support-tank, but she's brings more than
Spoiler:
Ran
and Keine when it comes to offense.

Chen with 100 points pumped into speed paired with Okuu with Blazing burnt down the entire forest stratum. Alice went down easy since Chen and Orin could one shot a row of dolls and use the buffs and mana from Beatdown and Spirit Carrier respectively to do it again. Same thing happened to
Spoiler:
Ran
since I finally figured out
Spoiler:
where the final shikigami weakening event on the 9F is, which put her shikigami's HP down to the advertised 7.8k
. I feel really stupid for not noticing it the first time I went through.
God damn... I need to step up my game. I haven't made any progress since my last post because I was tired of grinding. I guess I should at least grind enough so I can take out Komachi tonight. Then I'll finally see how much effort I need to put into getting my second character T.T

EDIT: FINALLY!!
Onwards to more grinding to destroy Mokou.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:31:48 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #272 on: September 03, 2013, 04:12:20 AM »
I ragequit 2.04, farming items is too long.
Now I want to do what everybody else did before and play a random team for Special Disk. Except I'll change it for every floor, so hopefully I'll have to use everyone eventually.

1F Team :  Reimu  Alice  Sanae  Mokou  Rinnosuke

Guess who's the reserve character  :V
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Sahgren

« Reply #273 on: September 03, 2013, 04:31:41 AM »
God damn... I need to step up my game. I haven't made any progress since my last post because I was tired of grinding. I guess I should at least grind enough so I can take out Komachi tonight. Then I'll finally see how much effort I need to put into getting my second character T.T

To be fair, I'm pretty certain you chose the toughest setup out of us. You need to clear everything up to 5F to get your 2nd and you don't pick up anyone else after that until 7F. Vicious had 4 members by 2F and Team 9 to work with for the early game, and I at least had 2 characters by the end of 3F and 4 at the beginning of 5F.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #274 on: September 03, 2013, 05:22:12 AM »
Edit: I actually have another question. In LoT1, what do you need to do to access NG+? I figure that I should ask since I have no clue how it is accomplished, and the wiki doesn't say what unlocks it...
Beat every boss on 30F, I believe.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

jaxter0987

« Reply #275 on: September 03, 2013, 06:33:33 AM »
To be fair, I'm pretty certain you chose the toughest setup out of us. You need to clear everything up to 5F to get your 2nd and you don't pick up anyone else after that until 7F. Vicious had 4 members by 2F and Team 9 to work with for the early game, and I at least had 2 characters by the end of 3F and 4 at the beginning of 5F.
I picked based on who I wanted for the end game without paying attention to how I was going to get to the end game. I probably could have taken Mokou+Keine instead of
Spoiler:
Moriya Shrine
to make it easier on myself (for the beginning) but I didn't like the idea of only having
Spoiler:
Eirin as a healer and a single target one at that
. Keine would have been less useful as the game progressed, given how I play. Although now that I think about it, I do lack party wide buffs aside from
Spoiler:
Sakuya's Speed buff

EDIT: I'm soooo freaking close to beating Mokou, but Marisa just won't dodge Fujiyama Volcano. Instead of grinding my way out of this, its all going to be luck based.
So the initial plan of maxing Master Spark so it only uses 27 MP was a great one. Except maxing it doesn't do that. So the new plan is this:
Step 1: Careful manipulation of Marisa's Magic so that Master Spark nearly kills Mokou in one hit but doesn't.
Step 2: Use Concentrate while Mokou spends her next turn using Curse of Tsuki no Iwasaka. This gives Marisa 6 MP and Mokou should be ~2k HP at this point, regeneration accounted for (meaning Master Spark should ideally leave her with ~1k).
Step 3: Pray to the freaking RNG (I know its Random Number Generator but I'm calling it Random Number God here) that either one of Mokou's two casts of Curse of Tsuki no Iwasaka miss so that Marisa Magic isn't debuffed horribly/ Marisa isn't dead. Marisa finishes off her ~3k HP this turn with Magic Missile.
Step 4: Pray to the freaking RNG again so that Fujiyama Volcano misses. Marisa finishes her off for good with Magic Missile.

I swear I'll make this plan work through the sheer amount of times I'll be attempting this. I've gotten close enough to beating Mokou a number of times but Mokou's like "Close, but no cigar" every single time.

EDIT2: Sweet Delicious Victory! Come to papa Kaguya!
Youtube Link
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:02:05 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #276 on: September 03, 2013, 08:01:09 AM »
You can create equipment at Nitori's and sell it back to her. Other than that, you can leave the game on overnight to get the "Play for 60 hours" achievement that gives you 200k or aim for other achievements that give cash.
Either that achievement has been nerfed, or it's bugged right now. The description for that achievement says you only get around 60k or so, too lazy to open it right now to check.

What's I've been planning to do but haven't because of laziness and accidentally getting addicted to DoD again is grinding on the first two FOEs with Nazrin and max money mode Rinnosuke/Komachi. Around 1k per kill from each one, and I'll get 80k from the 60 FOE kills achievement once I get that far. And all I have to do is go back and forth from the dungeon to Gensokyo! I (probably) won't end up too overleveled, either!
I feel the entire game is going to feel a lot more fun once I'm allowed to spend money on stats again. Grindy grindy grind.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #277 on: September 04, 2013, 12:26:24 AM »
Currently exploring 11F right now.  Got 60 hours on my file, ended up only being 60k in money.  Oh well, used that to boost my characters up some.

Haven't had much trouble with bosses either.  The last one I dealt with,
Spoiler:
Remilia & Sakuya
, fell like a ton of bricks despite that nasty one-two punch at the halfway point.

Spoiler:
Hina
still does a damn fine job.  She can nuke randoms or do fine damage in a boss battle.

I'm waiting for the moment where my brain is going to get a massive workout in trying to solve a puzzle.  Sounds like that's going to happen on 13F-15F.  Joy!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #278 on: September 04, 2013, 12:28:41 AM »
Decided to download the most recent trial version of Laby 2, fighting Kaguya a level or two before I'm really ready to.  Horrible luck all around, but one thing really clinched it for me to have a nightmarish time here...Tried to Spark her...and it missed.  Seriously, something that costly and it can MISS.  Ugh.  Oh well, got my relay point so it's all good now that I can test myself now and again.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #279 on: September 04, 2013, 12:47:43 AM »
I'm waiting for the moment where my brain is going to get a massive workout in trying to solve a puzzle.  Sounds like that's going to happen on 13F-15F.  Joy!
Not sure if I could call it a massive workout or not. For the most part/getting through it all, it is actually simple if you can think clear enough to remember which switch had what value. Getting every last bit of loot is when it starts slipping into the "massive workout" part... Similarly,
Spoiler:
the 19th floor
is also very simple *if* you can think clearly. Neither 13-15 or
Spoiler:
are floors to do when you are sleepy, stressed, or anything like that, they end up FAR harder to deal with.

I speak from experience on that matter :P Spent a good 2-3 hours trying to figure out
Spoiler:
19F
when it was past midnight local time, and I got nowhere fast x.x

Sahgren

« Reply #280 on: September 04, 2013, 01:15:19 AM »
Got through
Spoiler:
Sakuya and Remilia
. Iku was perfect for the fight, being capable of
Spoiler:
picking on Sakuya's weaknesses to Paralysis and Wind with one attack along with providing party wide anti-paralysis to get through her 50% Private Square spam

I think I need to start paying more attention to the translation thread. Not having to look each character up on the wiki every time I want to get their skills is a godsend.

jaxter0987

« Reply #281 on: September 04, 2013, 03:18:39 AM »
I beat Hina! Having a second character makes things so much easier. Link

Just one last big obstacle before being able to have an actual team and that is
Spoiler:
freaking Tenshi. I have to wonder how I'm going to beat her as I obviously can't just throw characters at her to trigger her runaway. Maybe Tenshi will runaway the first turn after seeing I only have Marisa and Kaguya? Lets hope so...

Edit:
Spoiler:
Nope. Looks like I'll actually have to kill Tenshi...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:37:08 AM by jaxter0987 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #282 on: September 04, 2013, 04:43:52 AM »
Edit:
Spoiler:
just throw people into your party so you can trigger her runaway

overleveling to the point you can kill her with no character restrictions turns half of the rest of the game into a complete joke, I can't even imagine grinding to where two characters will be able to take her on
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sahgren

« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2013, 05:19:01 AM »
I'm with Serela on this one. Grab a bunch of lvl 1 characters and feed them to her. After that, have the two that are forced to sit in the front just concentrate every turn until the trash mobs pick them off and send them home. It seriously isn't worth your time to go for a kill with just two characters.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #284 on: September 04, 2013, 05:47:47 AM »
Hmm...I've become overleveled for everything because I had to be to stand a chance before, but now with a full party, I have to leave people behind to drive my average below the challenge level. For the stuff. I need the stuff.
Team ⑨ is great at sweeping trash, but isn't as effective in bosses, simply because Wriggle's the only one who can take a hit. They are crazy fast, though.
Spoiler:
SDM Crew
is also great at trash sweeping. A quick Soul Sculpture wipes out most enemies. The ones it doesn't...well, that's what Extra Attack is for.
Spoiler:
Meiling is a lot worse in this one, though. Her Colorful Rain doesn't heal for shit, even with her ATK pumped up and her Natural skill.
They are bulky enough to stay out in bosses, too. Except
Spoiler:
Patchy
. You look at her funny, even magically, and she goes down.
Malice is...well, Marisa gets to be kinda disappointing after the first quarter of the game. I'd be lying if I said she was useless, though, because Master Spark. Alice, however, is awesome, and turns into an unstoppable killing/sweeping/debuffing machine with Marisa out.
Spoiler:
Mokou
xKeine is the least impressive of the groups I'm working with.
Spoiler:
Mokou
certainly turns into a pretty good tank with Keine out, but she was already a good tank to start with because of Resurrection, so it's redundant, and the boost Keine gets isn't noticeable because I mostly just use her to buff. And her attack spells aren't great to start with. Good at the beginning, but lose effectiveness fast.

Edit:
Spoiler:

Due to the nature of this battle, I think your well within the limitations to throw out Lv1s. 
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

jaxter0987

« Reply #285 on: September 04, 2013, 06:00:14 AM »
just throw people into your party so you can trigger her runaway

overleveling to the point you can kill her with no character restrictions turns half of the rest of the game into a complete joke, I can't even imagine grinding to where two characters will be able to take her on
It actually took me 3 tries to take down
Spoiler:
Iku
Spoiler:
Yuugi
just busted her up pretty badly with her nature attack.
Also, anyone of you managed to legittly beat
Spoiler:
Tenshi
on the 6th floor?
This guy sure got lucky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWBCFh6oYUs
Hell, if I knew Heavy lowered defenses as well as lowered Speed back when I fought her, I could have easily done what this guy did. He's not exactly over leveled either. His average party level should be ~28-29 which is right at the recommended level for the fight anyway.

Now for the matter of leveling to the point where my setup could take her on.
I'm still going to have a pretty hard time until after 10F. Even then, its still going to be challenging.
With my current challenge of restricting myself to
Spoiler:
Malice, Eientei Residents, Moriya Shrine, and SDM
I'd have:
5 characters towards the end of 7F
7 characters towards the end of 8F
8 characters beginning of 10F
11 characters beginning of 11F
and 12 characters towards the end of 12F
Hurdles I have to cross:
Spoiler:
Beating the second Tenshi fight on 9F with only 7 characters (Marisa, Alice, Kaguya, Eirin, Patchouli, Meiling, Sanae).
Sahgren had it better with 9 characters though he didn't have access to Heavy or Kaguya (Mokou, Keine, Reisen, Ran, Chen, Orin, Satori, Okuu and Iku)

Spoiler:
Sakuya and Remilia fight on 10F with only 8 characters (Just the addition of Suwako / Kanako on my end). Sahgren got Kaguya and again, had it better.

Spoiler:
The two Sigil Bosses on 12F / Flandre fight (Obviously not happening) to get my 12th character. Sahgren and I both have 11 characters at this point.
Its the choice of grinding now and staying true to my run, or grinding later having cheated myself a little.

I may be saying all this but I won't promise that I won't eventually snap and just throw characters at her. I won't be giving up that easily however.

Edit: Not really an edit since this was all written in one go, but its a response after reading the Sahgren's and Vicious' post:
I'll mess around a little and see how far I can get with just Marisa and Kaguya. I'll likely end up just throwing out level 1s.

Edit2: ....With Marisa using all her Level up bonuses into Speed, Tenshi still gets a turn before her. Yep, throwing out level 1s.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:26:20 AM by jaxter0987 »

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #286 on: September 04, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
Yeah she's pretty fast. Whoever said on the wiki that Komachi would be able to act before her is a lying liar who lied.

I know that because I've tried dozens of times trying to kill her with a full party, to no avail.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #287 on: September 04, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »
Does anyone have a translation for all of the enemy species types in the bestiary?  (For quick reference, these: http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/Krimsun_Munkey/EnemyTypesQuestionMark_zpsdda86943.png )
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #288 on: September 04, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
Does anyone have a translation for all of the enemy species types in the bestiary?  (For quick reference, these: http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/Krimsun_Munkey/EnemyTypesQuestionMark_zpsdda86943.png )

Human Youkai Ghost Plant Beast Flyer Insect
Aquatic Inorganic Oni Dragon Divine Others

Edit: Hopefully that's what you meant.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:00:50 PM by Axel Ryman »

jaxter0987

« Reply #289 on: September 04, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »
Yeah she's pretty fast. Whoever said on the wiki that Komachi would be able to act before her is a lying liar who lied.

I know that because I've tried dozens of times trying to kill her with a full party, to no avail.
I was the one who said that. Must have been changed in the latest patch because back when I fought her, everyone on my team went before
Spoiler:
Tenshi's
first turn. I did have a 16% Speed boost on Komachi thanks to Aya's Wind Tengu skill, but that still wouldn't explain how fast she is. Also, I've said this before but I'm just going to repeat this: Nearly everything written on bosses past 4F was written by me (I didn't write the Hina and Mokou fights). That's why it had said in an earlier edition of the page that
Spoiler:
Tenshi
runs away after 33% HP. I had managed the deal that much damage before I was down to my last two characters.

If there's any issues with whats been written, tell me about it / go change it yourself. I'm not going to get angry or anything if you tell me I'm wrong / that my writing sucks. I just want to improve the wiki.

Plus we have 3 people going through the game again with character restrictions so they could perhaps add some other characters that would be helpful to bring to fight a particular boss. I'll be using
Spoiler:
Suwako, Kanako and Eirin
seriously for the first time, so you'll likely see me add some information about their usefulness in a given fight. I still haven't decided yet, but I might make
Spoiler:
Sakuya
an attacker for the first time so there's that too.

Edit: Had to come back to put spoiler tags cause I wrote this post at 5am in the morning...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:14:49 PM by jaxter0987 »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »
I think if you count Aya's Speed boost, then yes, Komachi will definitely get a turn before Tenshi will. And honestly, that is definitely a skill you want Aya to have.

Watching that video again, I'm wondering if I should boost Cirno's Magic or Attack to make Icicle Fall deal decent damage. I was originally going to just boost her Agility up so she could get her turn faster but I think I need the damage more. Then again, I need to do a bit of work in terms of leveling before I beat 6F Tenshi.

Edit: Quick question, the EXP and Money boosting Main Equips, they work if the party member with them on is in the reserve right?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:22:04 PM by Axel Ryman »

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #291 on: September 04, 2013, 12:21:45 PM »
Hopefully that's what you meant.

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you~

Edit: I'm not sure about money equipment, but exp equipment doesn't care whether the character is in the front 4, back 8, or sitting around bored in Gensokyo, as it'll work in all cases.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:46:02 PM by Krimmydoodle »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #292 on: September 04, 2013, 02:19:50 PM »
Odd, Aya's passive and active speed buffs together don't make my Komachi fast enough. But then again I haven't made a single investment in her SPD.

On the other hand, level 32 and 344 MYS affinity are apparently enough to tank the hits. Huzzah!

Oh right, she doesn't actually care about the number of kills made. Dammit.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:24:57 PM by Wymar »

Murakumo

« Reply #293 on: September 04, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
I wanna ask, where did you get all those formulas for LoT1 wiki?

jaxter0987

« Reply #294 on: September 04, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »
Odd, Aya's passive and active speed buffs together don't make my Komachi fast enough. But then again I haven't made a single investment in her SPD.

On the other hand, level 32 and 344 MYS affinity are apparently enough to tank the hits. Huzzah!
I still think her speed got buffed since the last time I fought her. I made zero investments into Komachi's speed and that was enough to get her a turn before Tenshi. Maybe I had some equips the buffed Speed on her or something...though I doubt it.
Oh right, she doesn't actually care about the number of kills made. Dammit.
Having someone that can tank the hits is still useful, as it means less turns are spent doing Form Changes. Mokou with her Resurrection skill seems to be the best for this.

« Reply #295 on: September 04, 2013, 03:22:03 PM »
I wanna ask, where did you get all those formulas for LoT1 wiki?

My guess would be someone translated them from the Japanese wiki

and I've already checked for laby 2 - they don't have it yet, probably because they will patch it soon anyway

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #296 on: September 04, 2013, 04:30:39 PM »
Well crap, I saved after the fight.

Guess I'll just hack myself the Divine Barrier ._.

« Reply #297 on: September 04, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
I'm pretty disappointed in Tenshi's buff removal ability, after it was so unreliable in the first game I got excited after seeing she had a passive that boosts it, but even with said passive maxed out it seems to remove nothing more often than not.

Unless said passive is just bugged, which wouldn't surprise me after looking at the long lists of other bugs.  There's a part of me that wants to just wait until the creator patches most bugs/missing animations, but on the other hand that might take a really long time (it's been 2 weeks since the last patch on his blog) and I know I'll probably replay the game at some point so eh.

I also find it weird how most of the missing animations seem to be for spells that were already in the first game, re-using the old ones would've been vastly preferable to nothing at all.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #298 on: September 04, 2013, 04:51:09 PM »
I also find it weird how most of the missing animations seem to be for spells that were already in the first game, re-using the old ones would've been vastly preferable to nothing at all.
Same here, since in some of the patches they used the old character battle pictures for some of the bosses.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #299 on: September 04, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
Made it to 13F today.  Nothing much of note happened except clearing a few of the events needed to get to
Spoiler:
Yuuka
and taking out the 12F boss.

Took a few tries for that 12F boss because, amazingly enough,
Spoiler:
Hina
wasn't an I win card for me.  Once I started employing
Spoiler:
Sakuya's Killing Doll
and Rumia's Dark Side of the Moon with attack buffs from Keine and
Spoiler:
Kanako with the Enchanter subclass
, the boss fell over in record time.

As for the two FOEs I had to kill to gain access to this boss?  One wasn't bad.   The other?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hina's Pain Flow too good, heh  (Did take two 93k+ Pain Flows to drop it though)
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4