Author Topic: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)  (Read 186784 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)
« Reply #720 on: June 30, 2011, 10:19:02 PM »
I believe each wave is static, and aimed too. You'll have one set of arrows going straight from Mystia to your position, and theoretically you can just tap to the side and out of their way. Of course the arrows coming in at angles say otherwise, but they still leave very big spaces between them. As a matter of fact, those spaces also stay big for each wave, so once you go into one you can just sit there until the next wave comes. In that replay, basically you died because you didn't stay up in that bigger space above and to the right.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #721 on: July 01, 2011, 04:32:24 AM »
Song of the Night Sparrow
You don't need to really move very much. Just stay at the bottom and read the bullets. Move only when necessary.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #722 on: July 02, 2011, 07:16:08 AM »
How to do 無意識「弾幕のロールシャッハ」(Subconscious "Rorschach in Danmaku")? With MarisaA?
Signature

« Reply #723 on: July 02, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »
Now, that Hollow Giant "Woo" is a difficult spellcard.
Man, that spell breaks my Trial of Guts :V
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

« Reply #724 on: July 03, 2011, 03:48:15 AM »
- Maze of Love
- Bury In Lake
- Metal sign "Metal Fatigue"
- Flower Sign "Selaginella 9"
- Maid's Skill "Marionette"

Yeah. :/

« Reply #725 on: July 03, 2011, 12:23:26 PM »
now I know what you're talking about @Drake

it really helped me out my Spell Practice

thanks

Still that Hollow Giant "Woo".....
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #726 on: July 03, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »
now I know what you're talking about @Drake

it really helped me out my Spell Practice

thanks

Still that Hollow Giant "Woo".....

Stay, move left, then all the way right, move left again, back to center, repeat

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #727 on: July 04, 2011, 04:51:28 PM »
OK, thanks for the help with Song of the Night Sparrow, I've kinda got the hang of it (as in, I'll either clear it, or go down on about the third wave because I got myself in a muddle). Sadly, I'm now stuck on Keine on stage 3, and figured I was better off coming here than trying to break my keyboard any more than I already have. I suspect I might become something of a pain on this topic...

Anyway, latest replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14604

I'm ok with the stage itself, and more or less with Keine mid-boss. I'm not entirely comfortable with her first non-spell there, though i can clear it more often than not, and I'm pretty comfortable with First Pyramid, unless I mess up my pattern. My problems start as soon as I hit Keine at boss level.

I have real problems with both her non-spells here. I'm ok until she starts moving, and while I went through a stage where I could do both without too much trouble, I'm damned if I can pull that off anymore (this reply being somewhat of a fluke).

Ephemerality 137: Normally I can out-dodge this card (just about anyway). I did see a video tutorial that said to shoot Keine's familiars before they impact the sides, but I can never take down more than about two before they start spewing bullets, and I can't tackle more than about two waves before the screen becomes too cluttered.

Masakado Crisis: Again, on a good day I can out-dodge this, but I'm sure there must be a better way. Yet again, i can't seem to take out the familiars fast enough, and I'm not sure removing the ones closest to me would ease things much anyway. In this replay, i just wasn't confident enough to go for gaps, and kept backing off, which I think caused my death there.

Three Sacred Treasures: I attempted to put together this practice run to try and help identify where I;m going wrong, so I tried not to bomb. That being said, I hate this card so much I bombed it anyway, as I always die on the first wave otherwise. Then again, even with bombing I've got another two streams to try and work past.

Phantasmal Emporer: Again, another card I usually bomb. For this run, after seeing a couple of replays, I pulled right back to the bottom of the screen, and it has helped a little, although I still struggle with those lasers, and I can't take out the lowest familiars before I'm forced to focus because I know i can't dodge Youmu around those arrowheads. While I'm on this card, if I use Youmu's bomb, does it damage familiars as well, given that her shots do while Yuyuko's don't?

It may not seem like it, given this is about my second post on here in less than a week, but I am trying to get better at these off my own back. The thing is, I don't seem to be getting any better, and I'll practice one thing until I'm more comfortable with it, and start dying at places I could do easily before that instead, which is making me wonder if there's something wrong with my play style. I'd appreciate any hints or criticisms anyone can send my way, on anything in both this reply and my previous one. I could upload a proper run replay if it's needed, but I couldn't get past stage three before needing a continue anyway, so I don't think it would add much.

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
« Reply #728 on: July 04, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »
I need help figuring out a simple way to read Remilia's second spell card on normal. Sadly, I can't find anybody on normal that has captured the card themselves on youtube (notably because for youtube it always has to be extra stage or lunatic....). Also I might need help with Reimu B's Patchouli spell cards (especially the one with the diagonal running bullets, I never was good with those.)
What is the real meaning of life? Such a fragile and weak thing it is. The answer is whatever you make it out to be. If you're a mad man then go around and do what you do best because in the end it's all about you... That's right, destruction is your desire, you live to kill, to reap away everything else that isn't important to you!

Drake

« Reply #729 on: July 04, 2011, 08:11:38 PM »
How to do 無意識「弾幕のロールシャッハ」(Subconscious "Rorschach in Danmaku")? With MarisaA?
The same way as everybody else. You just dodge things. A lot of the waves hit the same spots every time, so usually you don't have to move too much.

- Maze of Love
- Bury In Lake
- Metal sign "Metal Fatigue"
- Flower Sign "Selaginella 9"
- Maid's Skill "Marionette"
- Watch a replay. You circle around Flandre, pretty much. Going about at the bottom is sure to waste you a bomb and learning it properly is a much better solution.
- It's a difficult card. You don't move much until the bubbles pop up, and they follow Patchouli, so really it's just difficult weaving. Bomb if needed.
- dodge things
- you barely have to move ever
- It's a game of misdirecting, hoping Sakuya doesn't move in a certain direction and luck at the random angle changing. Very difficult, bomb if needed.

I'm not entirely comfortable with her first non-spell there, though i can clear it more often than not
I have real problems with both her non-spells here.
Blow up the familiars. Very important. Aside from that it's just dodging, but that will help tremendously.
Ephemerality 137: Normally I can out-dodge this card (just about anyway). I did see a video tutorial that said to shoot Keine's familiars before they impact the sides, but I can never take down more than about two before they start spewing bullets, and I can't tackle more than about two waves before the screen becomes too cluttered.
Shooting the familiars depends on what character you're using. If you're using Reimu like most do, don't even bother.
boss cards
plain dodging, all of them
It may not seem like it, given this is about my second post on here in less than a week, but I am trying to get better at these off my own back. The thing is, I don't seem to be getting any better, and I'll practice one thing until I'm more comfortable with it, and start dying at places I could do easily before that instead, which is making me wonder if there's something wrong with my play style.
Stop grinding using Spell Practice.

I need help figuring out a simple way to read Remilia's second spell card on normal. Sadly, I can't find anybody on normal that has captured the card themselves on youtube (notably because for youtube it always has to be extra stage or lunatic....). Also I might need help with Reimu B's Patchouli spell cards (especially the one with the diagonal running bullets, I never was good with those.)
It really is just reading. Everything in the card is determined by Remilia's position when she fires. There will always be the narrow gap directly below her, and the wider gaps just to the left and right of her. The diagonal bullets are also determined by Remilia's position, but since she moves vertically you can't predict them. However, once you dodge one cross-over, the others in that wave will hit the same spots, so once you dodge one you stand still to dodge the rest. Then follow Remilia again.
EDIT: Reference picture.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:39:01 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #730 on: July 04, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »
In regard to Ephemerality 137:

Shooting the familiars depends on what character you're using. If you're using Reimu like most do, don't even bother.plain dodging, all of themStop grinding using Spell Practice.

I'm not too sure here. When I was going for my Lunatic clear, I found shooting the familiars to be tremendously helpful, even on Reimu (shooting down three familiars would result in a viable gap most of the time, which was still much better than being overwhelmed just like that). Could also be missing a substantial difference between Normal and Lunatic, though, so nevermind this if that's the case.

I'd say the same about Keine's nonspells, though, be it midboss or boss, regardless of which character you're using (but especially true with Magic- or Netherworld-Team).

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #731 on: July 04, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »
Shooting the familiars depends on what character you're using. If you're using Reimu like most do, don't even bother.
Lies, killing the familiars with Reimu works too.

BP, you usually don't need to kill more than two or three of the familiars at a time. The bullets from the rest come at more comfortable angles, so just dodge them as you get set to kill more familiars in the next wave.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #732 on: July 04, 2011, 09:23:43 PM »
OK, thanks for the suggestions. I'll put them into practice and see what I come out with.

Stop grinding using Spell Practice.

In fairness, it's more grinding Stage Practice than Spell practice, but I get what you're saying. :)

In regard to Ephemerality 137:

I'm not too sure here. When I was going for my Lunatic clear, I found shooting the familiars to be tremendously helpful, even on Reimu (shooting down three familiars would result in a viable gap most of the time, which was still much better than being overwhelmed just like that). Could also be missing a substantial difference between Normal and Lunatic, though, so nevermind this if that's the case.

I'd say the same about Keine's nonspells, though, be it midboss or boss, regardless of which character you're using (but especially true with Magic- or Netherworld-Team).

I'm using Netherworld Team, so Youmu. It's possible (or probable) that i just can't handle Youmu properly, but given I know I can out-dodge Ephemerality 137, I'm not too worried there.

As for non-spells, I can usually take out the lower familiars fairly quickly, so by the looks of it I just need to work on dodging the rest. I've found I have a bit more success by switching between Youmu and Yuyuko to mix up the bullets Keine fires, which opens up a few more gaps.

Anyway, once I get to grips with Keine, on to Marisa. Oh joy...

« Reply #733 on: July 05, 2011, 12:49:19 AM »
In fairness, it's more grinding Stage Practice than Spell practice, but I get what you're saying. :)

Yeah, uhh stop listening to Drake, he hit his head when he was little. ;) Grind dat spell practice, make IN your bitch and gain some general dodging skills all in one.

You'll cut off the trivial stages and be able to focus on the actually challenging parts.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #734 on: July 05, 2011, 02:12:43 AM »
I've been practicing Mercury Poison for a bit, and something is striking my curiosity. I'm wondering if this spell is static at all (with respect to rank, of course), and maybe someone else would have noticed either way by now. Again, just curious about it.

« Reply #735 on: July 06, 2011, 01:46:14 PM »
How did you do the LLS Stage 3 boss attack where she shoots some huge dense wall at you where you stay still on the first part and then what did you do on the second wave of it?

« Reply #736 on: July 06, 2011, 11:37:41 PM »
Just a quick question: where exactly is the safespot on Sakuya's "Eternal Meek"? And what difficulty is it on?

« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
From what I understand, the safespot is harder to use than simply dodging it and is only used by score runners for graze.

« Reply #738 on: July 07, 2011, 11:44:56 PM »
I've just received a new computer, but the BGM of Perfect Cherry Blossom and Imperishable Night don'y play. >< The Midi versions do, however, but not the Wav. I've tried to check and uncheck some boxes in the Custom, but I don't understand Japanese ><
How can I fix this ? The same thing happens on two friend's computers...
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

Cheez101

• Yes I confess I am a ⑨.
  • What are you not okay with that.
« Reply #739 on: July 08, 2011, 12:38:16 AM »
Hey hey hey...!  :D

I Needz some help with Patchouli's spellcards on EoSD, normal mode, Reimu A.
This is my first Tuohou game EVA and so I'm still kinda new to it. Thanks.
Flandre Scarlet will eat your potato salad if you don't go eat it first. :D kidding.

Drake

« Reply #740 on: July 08, 2011, 01:24:31 AM »
Unfortunately there is really no trick to any of Patchouli's cards with ReimuA.
Lava Cromlech I guess you watch the fire bullets first and then the yellow bullets, but it's still just dodging, no tricks.
Mercury Poison you kind of wiggle about when you dodge but it still just comes down to plain dodging ability.

Her nonspells however have a trick to them though, if you need advice on those too.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #741 on: July 08, 2011, 04:40:58 PM »
I need help on pre-Alice Lunatic PCB.

I can get up to there with two continues and then usually blast straight onto Stage 5.

(My high score? 200,700,302. orz)

ark

• みょん
« Reply #742 on: July 09, 2011, 06:26:36 AM »
Just a quick question: where exactly is the safespot on Sakuya's "Eternal Meek"? And what difficulty is it on?
To actually give you an answer, the safespot is right beside Sakuya, on any difficulty. The idea is that you are close enough that the bullets spawn past you. It's not that hard to use if you can position yourself there quickly.

It's much more fun to dodge normally though.

I've just received a new computer, but the BGM of Perfect Cherry Blossom and Imperishable Night don'y play. >< The Midi versions do, however, but not the Wav. I've tried to check and uncheck some boxes in the Custom, but I don't understand Japanese ><
How can I fix this ? The same thing happens on two friend's computers...
This is not a spell card help question. Chances are wherever you...ahem...got your copy of the games is missing thbgm.dat, which contains the music.

I need help on pre-Alice Lunatic PCB.

I can get up to there with two continues and then usually blast straight onto Stage 5.

(My high score? 200,700,302. orz)
Can you be more specific about which spots give you trouble? Feel free to show us a replay.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #743 on: July 09, 2011, 07:18:55 AM »
This is not a spell card help question. Chances are wherever you...ahem...got your copy of the games is missing thbgm.dat, which contains the music.
Not necessarily. This happened with me when we had to restart the whole computer.
It was either to do with the speakers or just waiting till it solved itself.

Drake

« Reply #744 on: July 09, 2011, 07:37:44 AM »
Nothing just solves itself. It doesn't have to do with speakers either.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #745 on: July 09, 2011, 07:49:08 AM »
Nothing just solves itself. It doesn't have to do with speakers either.
By solving itself I meant that stuff updated and it was fine.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #746 on: July 09, 2011, 11:08:30 AM »
Umm it's right beside her (any side would work I think).
You have to be closer to her than the bullet spawn point, but far enough so that you don't collide her.
Position yourself so that your hitbox covers stuff like so, I think:

Beware that Sakuya does move a bit before settling at the final location, so you have to be careful. I dunno if there is a better way.
This safespot is not easy to use; I can do it about 10% of the time on lunatic.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:10:28 AM by Kanon »

Cheez101

« Reply #747 on: July 09, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Her nonspells however have a trick to them though, if you need advice on those too.
Flandre Scarlet will eat your potato salad if you don't go eat it first. :D kidding.

Cheez101

« Reply #748 on: July 09, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »
woah pressed wrong button, post instead of preview.. :derp:
I could use some help on her nonspells too.
Tank yoo! :D

« Reply #749 on: July 09, 2011, 07:04:28 PM »
There was indeed no thbgm.dat, thanks, everything is fine now. ^^
But I have another problem, I know it's not a spell card help question, but I don't know where to ask. =x The Tech support subforum would be better ? Anyway, on this computer, I can't bomb if I'm already pressing the shooting (W for me) and focus key, which is extremly annoying... How can I fix that ?
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^