Author Topic: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)  (Read 186783 times)

MTSranger

• =.=
Re: The Even Newer Spell Card Help Topic (Iteration: III)
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2010, 06:17:51 PM »
I pretty much bomb all of her cards and most of her nonspells save for Jeweled Pagoda "Greatest Treasure" (Or  whatever it's called. Her first one) I have a feeling most of these can't be helped though, and just come down to dodge and/or luck.
Wait, you are good at Greatest Treasure (aka her hardest spell)? Whoa.
2nd spell is just moving up around obstacles to make sure you don't get walled.
3rd spell is well... :V keep moving _fast_ or else you get walled quickly.
4th spell is staying above the bottom laser and micrododge. Don't get scared as the bullets are slow enough.

Still on UFO, I think it's Byakuren's second-to-last card, she zigzags around left and right, then up and down, leaving a trail of blue bullets. I can't do this one without timing it out. It has huge bomb resistance for some reason. Wily Toad did pretty much nothing. And it's hard to hit her while she's bouncing around like she forgot her meds while avoiding getting trapped by advancing walls that haven't had time to split apart enough yet. It'd be great to be able to do this card without being paranoid and panic-bombing waiting for the timer to run out.
Figure out where Byakuren goes in each wave, go there in advance, that will give you enough time to shoot her.
The waves might be static I think... some are easier than others and bomb on the hardest one.

Onto another game; in SA Extra Bumper Crop Rice Shower is the only thing keeping me from reaching Koishi with the most possible lives. And with Koishi herself, both Id and Superego give me trouble. I've captured Id a few times, but Superego basically consists of me bombing whenever I get walled in near Koishi, moving down to the bottom, getting lead back up, Bombing and repeat.
Bumper Crop Rice Shower - stream back and forth near Koishi, bomb when you need to.
Release of Id - stay somewhat above the bottom of screen below Koishi, weave left and right into gaps.
Superego - same as above, if you can't get into position in beginning, bomb.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #301 on: November 15, 2010, 04:33:28 PM »
I need help with the last 5 seconds(or so) of fantasy heaven. I've got the rest of the card pretty much mapped out.

EDIT:
Replay of my best run so far: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=10993
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:38:29 PM by Sacchi »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2010, 02:22:37 AM »
I could show you three of my captures, but seriously, every wave after there's only ten seconds left is pure agony.

When I was doing my double speed capture, I was repeatedly getting walled at the 5 second wave. But I found a completely new path from the beginning just to get past it...

Only to get stuck on the next wave. :/

Still, even if you can live through the previous waves (I haven't watched the replay yet), you might have to rework your path to survive the next.

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2010, 02:30:24 AM »
When I was doing my double speed capture[...]

Can I say that was just awesome?

« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2010, 02:02:51 PM »
Hi. I'm working on a project of pacifying all of Satori's spellcards. I'd like to know if knows any helpful advice on Princess Undine (MarisaB Recollection spell 2) on Lunatic difficulty.

And i know its pretty straightforward cards but if there is any advice for Mercury Poison and Nitori's?

« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
Alright. Seems noone wanna help me out. :(

Well, in case anyone needs it. Glimmering Depths is pretty static. I was told once that you were supposed to read it but its easily do able with a fixed set of movements.

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #306 on: November 20, 2010, 09:32:14 PM »
So I've been grinding UFO stage 5 lunatic (because it's my favorite UFO stage...though score.dat isn't mine, but anyway), and it's been about 50 attempts and I still have yet to capture Radiant Treasure Gun.  Are the blue/red bullets static or something?  I tried to memorize my movements and I keep dying after the first/second/third wave.  In case anyone's wondering, here's what I did:

First wave - Move slowly to the left
Second wave - Move slowly to the right
Third wave - Move slowly to the right
Fourth wave (if I'm still alive) - Move slowly to the left

Never got past the fourth wave without dying.  But yeah...maybe I'm just unlucky or something?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:33:46 PM by Lord Scalgon »
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Drake

« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2010, 02:41:28 AM »
It's static, but good luck micromemming it. Just try to learn where, around, you should/not be moving.

Princess Undine
stop moving so much

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2010, 03:21:10 AM »
Radiant Treasure Gun isn't exactly static, since the lines of bullets will unravel at random angles, but it's close. You can still make similar motions to follow Shou around, and all you need to do is make sure you're reading where the bullets are properly.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2010, 04:50:38 AM »
Alrighty, thanks for the info...let's just hope I don't get to 100 tries without a capture...
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2010, 05:15:29 AM »
I need help with Storm on Mt.Ooe and pretty much the whole orin fight, also, Satori's Double Black Death Butterfly and Border of Wave and Particle.

Drake

« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2010, 07:30:35 AM »
I need help with Storm on Mt.Ooe and pretty much the whole orin fight, also, Satori's Double Black Death Butterfly and Border of Wave and Particle.
1. Stop dying
-Stop dying
-Lure the fairies to the side without shooting then attack Orin as long as possible, then repeat
-Park in center-center, just follow the path Orin's bullets make and you should consequently avoid the rest
-Memorize
-Stop dying
-Apparently these are aimed but I can't get it right. Regardless, stop dying.
-Lure fairies to bottom screen, shotgun Orin, circle your way around the screen and shotgun Orin some more and hope you finish her off in time
3. Stop dying
4. Stop dying

« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2010, 08:01:16 AM »
I've only tested my advice for lunatic, but I'm pretty sure there are no surprises that enter the picture in lower difficulties.

For Ooe, move into the slow rings (random example on youtube).

For Orin,
  • In case you didn't know, Orin's first two nonspells can be trivialized/safespotted. Sit on top of Orin's hand for the first, and sit in front of Orin for the second so that no bullets spawn in front of you, moving up a bit when the wisps explode.
  • Zombie fairy is simple once you know the trick, and Spleen eater is just simple repetition.
  • Orin's third nonspell is a funky static pattern, and I find it hard to communicate how to dodge it in words. If you can't figure it out, bomb it (no more than once though).
  • The ghost wheels are aimed. If you have trouble making the switchback, stream it for as long as possible and bomb once.
  • Do what Drake said for her last card, but be sure to bomb if you feel pressured.

DBDB can be disposed of with one bomb. BoWaP is static and should be memorized, or failing that, make sure to position yourself slightly to the left of the enemy marker when the most solid wave comes out, which is every 15s starting from the top. The rest should be light dodging.

Quantum

• Gaming Youkai
  • Master of the panicbomb, which I demonstrate often
IN Extra Stage ~ Advice?
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2010, 05:40:58 AM »
Normally I play Easy or, if I want to challenge myself, Normal.  I've beaten IN on Easy a ton, no-missed it, 1CC'd it, etc.
Normal I have beaten ONCE.  1CC, but not a very good one.

And now I'm trying to do the Extra stage.  wtf...

I got to Xu Fu's Dimension just recently, and somehow I captured all of Mokou's spellcards I had unlocked in Spell practice (those up to Xu Fu).  I struggle on Keine, the stage itself... isn't that horribly bad, and regarding the Death Fairy... well I use Border team, so safespot ahoy!

I need tips and pointers for Mokou and ExKeine's spellcards.  I think I have one already for XuFu; when you stay at the bottom, the amulets won't hurt until they move upwards!  So it's just streaming the slow rice.

That much I can do.  The rest I'll need some help to get to and through... particularly Keine.  She sucks me clean of bombs and lives with her 1st + 3rd spells (2nd is easy to capture for me though).

I am tired.  I'm posting this at midnight on a Sunday.  Midnight... fitting to be talking about IN. XD  Goodnight z z z
Now I'm working with Danmakufu...
But it's not working with me.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Re: IN Extra Stage ~ Advice?
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2010, 06:14:23 AM »
The rest I'll need some help to get to and through... particularly Keine.  She sucks me clean of bombs and lives with her 1st + 3rd spells.
Learn some blindspots?

Actually, if you could provide a replay, I think we could help you much better than with just what you're saying.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #315 on: November 22, 2010, 06:33:08 AM »
Ancient History = Safespot in dead middle bottom from static for first wave, then stream. For waves thereafter try right outside the vertical pillar of bullets.
Returning Bridge Ichijo = There's a pattern to the "returning bridges". Learn it.
New History = just streaming and memorize a path through the statics.
Curse of [can't remember name] = No good adivce here, I suck at it too. Circling around her might help.
Flying Phoenix = Herd the phoenixes. Don't dodge through the middle of one or something crazy.
Flaw of Forgiven Shrine = All amulets move perfectly vertically. Use that to your advantage.
Xu Fu = Move to the most bottom and nothing can hit you except the red amulets and the slow stream of bullets she fires at you.
Honest Man's Death = Extremely short-term streaming for the dark red bullets. The lasers don't kill until they reach where you were before so just move towards them.
Wu = Circle around her. Specifically, start at her left, then move to the right above her, go down until every one of her... err, streams clear off, then quickly run top right. Repeat.
Phoenix's Tail = Dodge.
Fujiyama Volcano = watch a video. It's kind of hard to describe it and I suck at it too.
Possessed by Phoenix = 1st wave: circle around the screen and just dodge. 2nd wave : start the bottom and microtap up until it clears. 3rd wave = circle around the screen unfocused. 4th wave = same thing, just dodge the occasional pink bullets.
Hourai Doll = Move in a circular pattern. Start as if you're on 6 o'clock.
Imperishable Shooting = Go ask someone else.

« Reply #316 on: November 22, 2010, 08:33:17 AM »
1. Stop dying
-Stop dying
-Lure the fairies to the side without shooting then attack Orin as long as possible, then repeat
-Park in center-center, just follow the path Orin's bullets make and you should consequently avoid the rest
-Memorize
-Stop dying
-Apparently these are aimed but I can't get it right. Regardless, stop dying.
-Lure fairies to bottom screen, shotgun Orin, circle your way around the screen and shotgun Orin some more and hope you finish her off in time
3. Stop dying
4. Stop dying

Wow, i think i've met my match. Yes. This sum's it all up. They key to sucess at anything is to "Stop dying".

Drake

« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »
Really, all of those cards are done purely by dodging. There's no huge pattern to follow, it's mainly on-the-spot. I'm not going to explain card intricacies when the guy needs help with "the entire Orin fight", which everyone figures out primarily through replays and tackling it over and over again. Topos only had a "better" reply because he used more words to say "Stop dying".

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2010, 04:41:06 PM »
Merging with spellcard help thread.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2010, 05:18:47 PM »
Border of Wave and Particle has a glaring safespot next to Satori.  I kid you not.
Of course, I cannot consistently get into it  :V

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #320 on: November 22, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »
@Quantum0700

Having beaten Mokou over a dozen times I can safely assume I know a thing or two about the fight.

Past [Ancient History] : First wave is blindspot right above the second "e" in the "Enemy" marker, then stream.Second wave is right above the "n", she should be dead by the end of the second wave/ mid way through the third one.

Retuning Bridge Ichijo: As it has already been said, there's a pattern, learn it.

Next History: You could go and watch Dracil's "Touhou imperishable night extra clear" video, which has a pretty easy path through the card I use myself.

Iwasaka's Moon Curse: Stand your ground as much as you can, you wanna rush to dispel this.

Flying Phoenix: Misderect, begin above mokou, to mokou's right, and then a little below that and go from there.

Flaw of Forgiving Shrine: As soon as the top wave bounces off the wall, go through it, it makes your life a whole lot easier.

Xu Fu's Dimension: Ignore blue and avoid red, pretty much.

Honest Man's Death: Stick to micromovement, the lazer has no hitbox until about half of the screen, as soon as she shoots it move JUST ONE TICK towards the lazer. Familiar shots are aimed around you, red shots are aimed towards you.

Woo: Good luck, this card is pretty much random, except for the placemente which goes 1st wave = down rest = aimed at you.

Phoenix Tail: Another "Good Luck" card, besides the aimed balls she shoots at you, the fire is all random.

Fujiyama's Volcano: God I hate this card. Hum, after the "three volcanoes wave" go to the top of the screen and go into all three rings of bullets and then continue your way back to the bottom, shouldn't be hard after that though.

Possesed by phoenix: It's all aimed towards where you are, girst wave is easy, second wave is pretty much "keeps up the pace, don't freaking stop" and star on middle-screen, third wave is circle around the screen and fourth wave is "Make use of both your focused and unfocused shots here"

Hourai Doll: The only card I never captured, my advice is "read dodge pray", with everything besides the yellow rice being aimed at you.

Imperishable Shooting: What, are you actually gonna care about this on a SURVIVAL run? C'mon.

Quantum

• Gaming Youkai
« Reply #321 on: November 22, 2010, 08:27:19 PM »
Well, I tried the tips I got, and made it all the way to Fujiyama Volcano! (how the hell did I...?)

I'll upload my latest EXTRA replay so I can be sufficiently critiqued and notified of suckness.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=27BL83D8

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #322 on: November 22, 2010, 11:21:51 PM »
Well, I tried the tips I got, and made it all the way to Fujiyama Volcano! (how the hell did I...?)

I'll upload my latest EXTRA replay so I can be sufficiently critiqued and notified of suckness.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=27BL83D8

Well, I'mma give this a watch now, but may I recommend using http://replays.gensokyou.org/ to upload your replays?

SUPER SUDDEN EDIT: Watched it. I'll give my advice, and I'll try not to do it like last time.
During the stage section, you don't tend to try to PoC unless it's completely clear. If you would become a bit more comfortable  with it, you could probably score the 666 point extend by Fujiyama Volcano. I think you were some 45~ points away, so you don't need to push yourself that hard.
You also stay unfocused during a lot of the stage. Normally, this would be fine, but there are times when enemy familiars block your shots, so switching to Yukari can help you dispose of them faster.
That wave of fairies before the death fairy, the set that fires the purple bursts. You stay still while they're firing, which is good, but then you move down. This makes streaming the next wave so much harder than it could be, rather than if you stay at the same height.
You tend to perform well on Mokou's noncards, and they're straight up dodging anyways, so no need to comment.
The only thing to do better with her first spellcard is to become comfortable with slipping through the pellets.
You could probably stay focused during the second card, which would probably end it quicker. But it's also a matter of misdirecting the phoenixes a bit further apart.
Flaw of Forgiving Shrine. You handle it differently than I would, but you still capture it nonetheless.
Xu-Fu's Dimension. You capture it, but you may want to learn to turn around so you're not driven to the side where you could be punished.
Honest Man's Deah. You hesitated and moved left on the first wave. Trust your gut and slip through! But you learn this for the rest of the attack.
Hollow Tree Woo... You're awfully inconsistent. You circle around the top at first, then... Well, you see. It's just probably best for you to grind through it in Spell Practice mode until you find a path that's right for you.
Phoenix Tail. Dodge. You find gaps through most of it though, so I commend you.
Fujiyama Volcano. Ha ha! That one pattern that makes a brick wall for those trying to clear Mokou. Stay focused when you can, and grind a path through in spell practice.

Actually, my advice is crappy, but I tried.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:39:09 AM by Fast Fanatic »

« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2010, 01:30:11 AM »
You can misdirect Woo by circling Mokou, but it can be kind of taking a risk. It's still easier that way.

I prefer circling Mokou on her first card, but that only works with Border Team and Scarlet Team.

Fujiyama Volcano can be memorized. Spend time in spell practice to do so.

Quantum

• Gaming Youkai
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2010, 01:42:50 AM »
For the first card, I find that staying about in the middle of from where Mokou is to the bottom of the screen, and as long as you can effectively horizontally dodge the green rice, the knives are far enough away to not be too troublesome or claustrophobic.  If you need, you can circle around under them and slowly move back to the center.  That's my way.

As for Woo... I rely on bombs to save me -.- it IS random. :getdown:<how I try to dodge it

And Volcano... it looks SO much easier on YouTube than it really is!  I didn't realize that EVERY little extremity of those explosions hurt you!  Still can't figure that one out w/o bombs in spell practice.

Also, since the max replays is 15, where should I store my full list so I can save some more?  Make a replays2 folder in my TH08 dir?

Finally, I will start using gensokyo.org for my replays. :D

Gaming youkai out.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2010, 01:50:28 AM »
Also, since the max replays is 15, where should I store my full list so I can save some more?  Make a replays2 folder in my TH08 dir?

Every game but MoF, you can rename your replays to "th#_udXXXX.rpy" (where # is the game number (e.g. 8 for IN) and XXXX is any unique 4-digit alphanumeric code) and they'll show up on a second page.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2010, 02:24:33 AM »
As for Woo... I rely on bombs to save me -.- it IS random. :getdown:<how I try to dodge it

And Volcano... it looks SO much easier on YouTube than it really is!  I didn't realize that EVERY little extremity of those explosions hurt you!  Still can't figure that one out w/o bombs in spell practice.

For Woo, the first set of bullets is aimed straight down, and the remaining ones are aimed at you. I like to dash to one side to redirect the first aimed wave (second overall), and dash to the other corner when it starts firing (do this before the very first set of bullets starts unraveling). Now in the other corner, I try to group the next four sets of bullets close together, and I start dodging bullets from the second wave as I move back to the first corner. Then I dodge the remaining bullets. It's actually not as dense as it could be, from my experience.

The explosions from Fujiyama Volcano are technically made of bullets, after all. It's really a streaming attack, but one that takes quite a bit of practice.

You can just copy your replay folder and put them into some separate storage folder, then empty the main replay folder used by the game. I like to make a text document listing what each stored replay contains, but you can do what you want.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Quantum

• Gaming Youkai
« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2010, 02:55:35 AM »
I get Woo's pattern, but damn is it just difficult to dodge.  I think it all boils down to I'm not good enough to perfectly capture Woo, so I'll just keep my E-tanks- I mean bombs in reserve as long as I can.  God, the Extra stage is like Megaman!  "Don't waste your bombs, you'll need em for the boss!"  (and by boss I mean whatever spellcard immediately follows the current barrage) XD

I made a replay storage folder to hold my vault of attempts, Last Word caps (of which I have a whopping 2), and other bomb-spammed adventures.

Youkai out.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2010, 03:07:46 AM »
Hourai Doll: The only card I never captured, my advice is "read dodge pray", with everything besides the yellow rice being aimed at you.

Just to point out. The yellow rings are also aimed at you.

« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »
Okay, seriously, how do you dodge Murasa's 3rd nonspell on Lunatic? It appears to just be a wall.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.