Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 166539 times)

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2016, 01:48:55 AM »
Oh wow, congrats on your clear! I might try for a NB run as well, looks crazy difficult.

Just noticed your FPS says 255, is that normal?

I was fast-forwarding it and the screenshot must have been taken before I stopped fast-forwarding.
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »
Cleared IN Extra a second time, finished with two more lives than my first clear. This time, I finally unlocked Imperishable Shooting, it's way harder to capture than I thought. Ah well, at least I can use Spell Practice on it, unlike some of Mokou's other attacks (looking at you, purple rings of death). Woo still messes me up, the random bullets keep blindsiding me :(

I FINALLY MANAGED NOT TO DIE TO THAT STUPID DEATH FAIRY! HAHA, IN YOUR FACE

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2016, 02:38:52 PM »
I recently obtained DDC Extra 90FPS and LoLK Extra 90FPS. That's all of them now. I'm happy.

Here's a playlist with all of them for convenience reasons.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »
Not PCB or MoF? I always thought Ran and Suwako were among the easiest Extra bosses (without also having low resources like Flandre).

Mokou seems to be one of the more difficult Extra bosses pattern-wise; it's just you get plenty of resources for her, especially with IN's deathbomb system being more forgiving of accidental deaths. Her spells also tend to be very reliant on spell practice to learn strategies. I wouldn't say she's easiest.

Can't really judge Raiko's difficulty due to my first Extra clears being long before DDC's release, but I'd say Raiko does have unusually threatening (for Extra) nonspells in particular. It might balance out in terms of sheer life count, though-- you can reach around 7 lives in the stage portion (assuming the final midboss spell is bombed; not sure if 8 is reachable without capturing it).
Yeah, they were saying PCB and MoF back then.  PCB Extra/Phantasm are 100% memorization and feel like they take forever.  MoF Extra is 80% memorization and actually DOES take forever.

I used SakuyA for DDC, so it's not like I was playing a vanilla shot type (why would you in this game?), but I felt like the midboss attacks were harder than anything else in the stage (admittedly bombing through the end of the survival card).

I had a bunch of trouble with LLS Extra tbh.  The stage has a few parts where it floods the screen with garbage and wishes you good luck, and I guess I'm just bad at reading PC-98 bullets.

I haven't made a real attempt at MoF yet, I tried it once just to see how I far I could get, lost my last life on Suwako's first card.
Watch a replay <_<
If you don't know what to do with Suwako's first card, not only do you get pinned, but because of the way the attack works you'll probably keep getting pinned.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2016, 08:14:23 PM »
I was fast-forwarding it and the screenshot must have been taken before I stopped fast-forwarding.
Fast-forwarding doesn't affect replay FPS (however, it does affect current FPS if using vpatch to fast-forward a game older than MoF). Also, even if it did affect replay FPS, this isn't dialogue you could've been skipping during the run. No idea why it's displaying 255 FPS-- how long does the replay display that?

I used SakuyA for DDC, so it's not like I was playing a vanilla shot type (why would you in this game?), but I felt like the midboss attacks were harder than anything else in the stage (admittedly bombing through the end of the survival card).
Probably because SakuyaA can only slow down 1 midboss (and not the survival, unless you're lucky with when the knives land)? I cleared with SakuyaA once after my first ReimuA clear, and Raiko felt trivial in comparison, enough that I deliberately didn't use SakuyaA when I went for a perfect run later.

I guess the conclusion is Raiko's difficulty widely varies even between the best shot types.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:18:42 PM by Karisa »

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2016, 08:19:09 PM »
Fast-forwarding doesn't affect the speed saved in the replay. Also, this isn't dialogue you could've been skipping. No idea why it's displaying 255 FPS-- how long does the replay display that?

Looking at the replay, the bottom right of the game screen isn't 60, but rather it jumps a lot from 0-30. No idea why it's like that. All my other replays work fine, and I didn't use a TAS or anything like that.

I attached the replay, see if the same happens to you.

and because of this no one will think my replay is legit fml

i also submitted this for the replay showcase xddd
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:56:17 PM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2016, 09:29:25 PM »
Wasn't the fps counter being a bit broken a known issue with MoF? I'm pretty sure I've seen that before. I don't think you have to worry about people thinking it's a fake replay.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »
Looking at the replay, the bottom right of the game screen isn't 60, but rather it jumps a lot from 0-30. No idea why it's like that. All my other replays work fine, and I didn't use a TAS or anything like that.

I attached the replay, see if the same happens to you.

and because of this no one will think my replay is legit fml

i also submitted this for the replay showcase xddd
I see some extremely wacky stuff with the FPS counter. It keeps jumping up from something ridiculously high to something ridiculously low every few seconds.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2016, 11:05:48 PM »
I see some extremely wacky stuff with the FPS counter. It keeps jumping up from something ridiculously high to something ridiculously low every few seconds.

And I have no idea why  ???

whatever, the fact is that it's legit
Touhou 1CCS:

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~

« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2016, 12:14:31 AM »
And I have no idea why  ???

whatever, the fact is that it's legit
Did you fast-forward the whole replay? from personal experience, the fps jumps bug usually happens if you already hold Ctrl as the replay is loading, and it can even crash the game sometimes.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2016, 12:15:03 AM »
Did you fast-forward the whole replay? from personal experience, the fps jumps bug usually happens if you already hold Ctrl as the replay is loading, and it can even crash the game sometimes.

Could be that.
Touhou 1CCS:

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »
Kind of was thinking that I could get an 180M run but I really was not expecting this any time soon, 186,9 Million with Yuuka out of all shots.

I am pleasantly surprised with this, I also do honestly believe the 203M Yuuka run from Pietoro (If I remember correctly) is true but I have literally no idea how to get such a great score; I do feel like this run was very strong too.

I had an unplanned death before Yuuka and I thought that would ruin the run but apparently that extra bomb helped me a lot more than I was thinking later on. As visible in one of the screenshots I did record this run so I will upload this run too.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2016, 12:05:42 AM »
I had an unplanned death before Yuuka and I thought that would ruin the run but apparently that extra bomb helped me a lot more than I was thinking later on. As visible in one of the screenshots I did record this run so I will upload this run too.
An unplanned death before... who?

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2016, 05:53:45 AM »
An unplanned death before... who?

facepalms I thought I wrote Alice, apparently I wrote Yuuka instead, but basically a death at the danmaku that spawns before Alice, apparently that does help quite a lot. I will publish the video later today, somewhat short on time and got to do work soon (even if it is not reallt that long.)

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2016, 02:06:32 PM »
Got the video up now so now that is behind my back I can probably start focusing on Reimu runs soon  :V Mystic Square Extra 186,9 Million Yuuka

Zil

« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2016, 08:31:29 PM »
On seeing your replay, I believe I've found the secret, and indeed Pietoro's run is likely legit in light of this. When Mima uses a bomb, the dream gauge falls below maximum instantly, causing any item collected by a bomb to be worth 51,200 (as opposed to 400,000). When Yuuka bombs it seems to wait until the animation starts to reduce the gauge, and so bombed items are collected at full value.

edit:

To go into some theorizing, this means that all bombs should be used during the stage if possible, a suicide should come before the boss, and your third bomb (against the boss) should likely have been used elsewhere. One could aim for an optimal bullet bonus (gaining several million in itself) on one of the big spells and then bomb for 40 full value items. The first red and first purple pattern come to mind.

Furthermore you could have killed the midboss far more quickly.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:41:57 PM by ZillionBrain »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »
On seeing your replay, I believe I've found the secret, and indeed Pietoro's run is likely legit in light of this. When Mima uses a bomb, the dream gauge falls below maximum instantly, causing any item collected by a bomb to be worth 51,200 (as opposed to 400,000). When Yuuka bombs it seems to wait until the animation starts to reduce the gauge, and so bombed items are collected at full value.

edit:

To go into some theorizing, this means that all bombs should be used during the stage if possible, a suicide should come before the boss, and your third bomb (against the boss) should likely have been used elsewhere. One could aim for an optimal bullet bonus (gaining several million in itself) on one of the big spells and then bomb for 40 full value items. The first red and first purple pattern come to mind.

Furthermore you could have killed the midboss far more quickly.

Oh that is a really interesting find there,  had not thought of that yet, but as watching my video it is indeed evident that the dream gauge doesn't lower until a minor moment later (by then most if not all items are already auto-collected.)

Those are very interesting notes, personally I was theorizing I could use up my bombs a bit before Alice to gain as much items from the fairies as possible (the cards that fire the red and blue danmaku do fill up the dream bonus really fast afterwards.) Then suicide a moment before I get to the danmaku that spawns before Alice; get max dream bonus going into her, that is what I thought of a route in the stage. However your finding for the improvements at Alice definitely seem very important to take note of.

Oh and as for the midboss, I kind of felt like I didn't get enough time to shotgun it enough with Yuuka after the dodge on the waves of stars, normally I finish off the first pattern a little faster (Mifboss doesn't move another step to the right.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:57:05 PM by Zigzagwolf »

« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2016, 12:32:33 AM »
Got my 2ND PD Clear of LOLK. (First was with sanae). Now i know why i havent touched this game since release. I love the game just pointdevice is brutal. I have to admit the amount of retries i used is awful i wasnt even expecting over 1k considering ive memorised all of the spells plus i did all of it today. I decided to start over after playing reisen and made it to junkos final spell with no bombs and 1 shield left. anyways ill try doing a legacy 1cc next instead.

RB

« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »
Even though I got it 2 days ago...

Either I've gotten really good (at this Extra/in general) or this Extra is pitifully easy. It says something when I beat it as SakuyaB with the same amount of resources as you started out with and capped half of Raiko's spells with ease. Replay

But I did fail a chance at capturing the survival by a silly death lol

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2016, 08:28:14 AM »
After working up the courage to abandon Hard mode because I didn't feel like playing the game twice, I finally got my Youkai Kori Kassen Lunatic 1cc.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2016, 09:13:24 PM »
New highest known score for Reimu in the world, improved my older 177,9 Million run to this 181,3 Million run. Will still improve this a bit as two bullet clears were awful. Although that would be a second shot record for Mystic Square extra, I will also work on Yuuka but I actually find trying the newly devised route out with her to be pretty tough.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:15:25 PM by Zigzagwolf »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:23:30 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2016, 04:09:55 PM »
This did not take long, huge improvement from 181,3M to 193,6M. 200 Million with Reimu should definitely be possible and I will do my best to get over 200 Million with her too.

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2016, 05:41:03 PM »
ayyyyyy

To put this into perspective, i did 6 runs with ReimuA, which all ended on Kanako. This is my first ReimuB hard run ever.

ReimuA is garbage never use her
Touhou 1CCS:

RB

« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2016, 12:05:34 AM »
Good job.

I can 1cc MoF Hard no problem if I actually try lol.

And yes, praise the needles.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2016, 07:26:39 AM »
This did not take long, huge improvement from 181,3M to 193,6M. 200 Million with Reimu should definitely be possible and I will do my best to get over 200 Million with her too.
Does Reimu have the same bomb penalty delay as Yuuka does?

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2016, 08:04:33 AM »
Does Reimu have the same bomb penalty delay as Yuuka does?
I did watch one of my older recordings, apparently she also does although I think it is a little shorter than Yuuka's, although enough to autocollect most point items in time.

Edit: I noticed that the values for Mima and Reimu's bomb should be the same according to what the game shows me.

Look closely at the text, it is the same. The first one is from my old (and still haven't improved that one) 165M Mima EX run and the second one of my Reimu 177,9M clear (first file I saw in my folder for Reimu in the extra stage, I still have the 193,6M run somewhere.)

And here is a screenshot what yellowing a point item that is not at dream bonus looks like:

Edit: Watchig both how much my Reimu and my Mima run got from the same pattern bomb shows a significant amount of score more for Reimu, although Reimu's bomb was used closer to the point items than Mima's, I'm not certain but either Mima's bomb max value collection time is very short or the value of the point items does get displayed wrong.

Edit: I watched the same Mima bomb again, seemingly the first autocollected items are at max value but quickly the later ones aren't. So for Mima it might be more handy to bomb as close as to where the items are when the dream gauge is max. This does however show that the value quickly drops but that the first few ones are at max value. (Atleast the ones in my run show that.) It is the same bomb as the earlier picture, showing that the last point items are collected at 51,200 value rather than 400,000.

Edit: Marisa's bomb also instantly depletes the dream gauge until it looks cyanblue. It is too flashy to see at which value they were collected. (apparently I used only 1 bomb against Alice.) but at the end it is at 51,200
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:00:07 AM by Zigzagwolf »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2016, 10:40:50 AM »
No focus Unreal Near 1cc of Earthen Miraculous Sword (Tsubakura)
Yeah i fucked it up at the very end but holy moly was this an absolutely fantastic run otherwise. I'm considering this an accomplishment by far because dang 3 lives up until the very last card is huge under these conditions.

EDIT: No Focus Shrine team Unreal 1cc Reactivate Majestical Imperial
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:49:32 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2016, 08:07:12 AM »
First PCB Normal clear! Somehow managed to beat Yuyuko in my third attempt at Stage 6, even more somehow cleared Resurrection Butterfly first try. Gonna try DDC next, perhaps it'll take less time than PCB?