Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138332 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #330 on: October 03, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »
Spoiler:
BTK
tried to test
Spoiler:
H2K
's mettle but Mordekaiser is the master of it.
Bloody Phreak and his puns that made me laugh
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »
U P S E T B O Y S

Worlds in a nutshell.

Spoiler:
So TSM > C9
Fnatic > Origen
Origen > TSM
C9 > Fnatic

LOGIC

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2015, 08:41:18 PM »
I don't get why Nautalus doesn't get more top tier play, he's really tanky and he has just a fuckload of CC. He even has stupidly high AP ratios.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2015, 09:18:02 PM »
Spoiler:
Apparently CLG ran out of faith.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2015, 10:27:24 PM »
Fuck Cloud9.

They ruined my chances of getting Championship Riven.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #336 on: October 05, 2015, 01:33:11 AM »
I don't get why Nautalus doesn't get more top tier play, he's really tanky and he has just a fuckload of CC. He even has stupidly high AP ratios.
He was seeing a fair amount of play at a pro level a bit before worlds.  I think the shakeup of the Juggernaut patch pushed him a bit out of what's desired.

That said you'd think a walking CC dispenser would actually synergize really well with Juggernauts, but oh well.

Man this year's Worlds has been great though

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2015, 06:46:11 AM »
Gaaaaahhhhhddd, FW was so disappointing today. It's like they completely forgot Darius' win conditions, how to efficiently laneswap, and take early objectives. If they were being cocky, I hope they don't hear the end of it.

This was, like, TW's one chance to get out of groups, and both FW and ahq are screwing it up massively.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?

Bardiche

« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2015, 10:25:18 PM »
He was seeing a fair amount of play at a pro level a bit before worlds.  I think the shakeup of the Juggernaut patch pushed him a bit out of what's desired.

That said you'd think a walking CC dispenser would actually synergize really well with Juggernauts, but oh well.

But he's the King of Crowd Control. I actually get really excited whenever I get a Nautilus support as ADC, since every Nautilus has been crazy good about complementing my aggressive early lane game. Vayne + Nautilus makes enemies weep about Vayne's "weak early game". :-)

Juggernauts, though. Garen is extremely balanced :trollface:. I've never quite seen a good Garen lose his lane. Honestly, I love the guy but I think his Q hits too hard or his armour's just too high. Lee Sin dove me at 30% HP after I had longsword + health pot. I popped a health pot, activated W as he Q'd me, then Q'd and ran away from him. He was extremely salty, but... Garen's just difficult to kill. It's kind of silly, considering the damage he does. (1800 damage AoE spin at level 18 anyone?)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:30:40 PM by Bardiche »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2015, 12:08:59 AM »
But he's the King of Crowd Control. I actually get really excited whenever I get a Nautilus support as ADC, since every Nautilus has been crazy good about complementing my aggressive early lane game. Vayne + Nautilus makes enemies weep about Vayne's "weak early game". :-)
Oh trust me, I know.  Naut's probably one of my favourite champions to play.

Bardiche

« Reply #341 on: October 06, 2015, 12:28:52 AM »
Oh trust me, I know.  Naut's probably one of my favourite champions to play.

I've been wanting to pick him up, but

a) I mostly play assassins and CC mages
b) my Leona performance is hit-or-miss, and Nautilus seems to require similar finesse

Speaking of a), I should namechange to reflect how much I enjoy playing Veigar. I considered Veeg, but that'd be too much of a short joke.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #342 on: October 06, 2015, 01:24:57 AM »
b) my Leona performance is hit-or-miss, and Nautilus seems to require similar finesse
I am trash at Leona.  I stomp faces as Nautilus (in ARAM which is the only thing I really play).  Even though theoretically I think they should feel and play similarly they've never felt similar to me in practice.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #343 on: October 06, 2015, 01:34:48 AM »
Leona is a lot more dive-heavy, Nautilus is a lot less so. What Leona's kit wants her to do is be the frontline tank, get in the middle of the enemy team and disrupt them as much as possible. Nautilus, on the other hand, is more like a... "midline" tank. He peels for his team by disrupting the shit out of the enemy team.

It is, effectively, the main difference between their gap closers, Leona's will always go full range and bring her to the last champion hit, bring her as far as possible inside the enemy team, on the other hand, Nautilus' stops at the very first champion hit and brings them halfway the distance (bringing you the other half), this makes sure that Nautilus is closer to your team in the end, while Leona tends to end up pretty far away.

At least, that's how I see it. Their kits are very, very similar in design, but the main difference between their gap closers make their play patterns end up very different. Both want to disrupt the shit out of the enemy team, but Leona wants to disrupt the enemy in order to allow her allies to murder them more easily, nautilus, on the other hand, wants to disrupt the enemy team so that they don't have a chance to murder his backline (and therefore allow the backline to eventually murder the enemy team).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:40:55 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Bardiche

« Reply #344 on: October 06, 2015, 10:41:35 AM »
That seems fair. I'll give Naut a chance. Helps that he can be played top, support or jungle, considering I have no real top laner (ever since Garen and Fiora reworks they are perma-ban), Braum doesn't go into every support lane and Evelynn isn't the tanky jungler the team sometimes so desperately needs.

I could do with a non-support real tank anyhow. :x

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #345 on: October 06, 2015, 02:23:58 PM »
Been playing him a lot as support, been winning lane a lot of the time too. I've gotten pretty confident with him now, and it's helping me climb.

Anchor's range is disgusting, it even flies father then shown on the skillshot indicator, and I feel like it's a lot easier to hit with then the other Support Hooks (like Blitz,  maybe Thresh too but I've yet to play him). Plus even if I miss it doesn't feel as bad because the champ has a lot more utility then just the hook. W lets me absorb poke all day and E works as a fantastic zoning tool (as well as the threat of hooks) and it lets me damage the entire minion wave so it can get pushed really hard.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:39:28 PM by NekoNekoRex »

Bardiche

« Reply #346 on: October 07, 2015, 11:59:55 PM »
I remember my first time bringing Veigar to the Ranked Rift. "Don't pick Veigar, he's weak," quoth they. Now since the buffs, no one tells me I'm picking a weak champion. I still think the average of 50 AP I get per game isn't really setting me off into "completely OP" territory that hard, though I smell nerfs incoming.

hue hue hue 100% balanced.

Fun fact: I run almost exclusively Ghost/Flash on Veigar, and I believe Ghost is incredibly strong on him at least around Platinum V MMR. Everyone and their dog tries to dive you for CC and deletion so you can't work your magic during Team Fights... So Ghost and lead them on a wild goose chase while you drop W and Q into their faces. Works every time.

Especially against Olaf. Fuck him.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:03:27 AM by Bardiche »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #347 on: October 08, 2015, 02:06:14 PM »
Aww man, that Lulu xPeke :V :V

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #348 on: October 08, 2015, 05:01:07 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/bbc-three-league-of-legends

The particually interesting thing about the seriousness the BC is giving this happening in London:

BBC Three and BBC Sport are teaming up to deliver all the action using the platform previously used for live sporting events and Glastonbury coverage, where live video, pre-recorded video, text, audio and social commentary can sit side by side.

That's right; E-Sports on the level of Glastronbury and Live Sports.

This is kinda a big deal; and I encourage those of you who can to watch it on the BBC; to send a very loud message to mainstream broadcasters about E-Sports.

This is the perfect time to send them a message.

Spoiler:
If Flash Wolves beat Tigers; which they are very very likly to do so right now; RIP CLG; NA's #1 failing to get out of what is easily the easiest group where they were set to come 1st in.

EDIT: RIP CLG confirmed. Also NA lost to a two teams which lost to wildcards. They are about to face Pain. Let's see if they can at least save face against Brazil.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:05:49 PM by Raikaria »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #349 on: October 08, 2015, 06:37:07 PM »
That feel when Brazil nearly makes it out of Pools.

(After this and Kabum last year I think Brazil are my favourite country to watch at Worlds if they keep up this kind of unpredictability)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #350 on: October 08, 2015, 07:37:02 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/bbc-three-league-of-legends

The particually interesting thing about the seriousness the BC is giving this happening in London:

That's right; E-Sports on the level of Glastronbury and Live Sports.

This is kinda a big deal; and I encourage those of you who can to watch it on the BBC; to send a very loud message to mainstream broadcasters about E-Sports.

This is the perfect time to send them a message.

Spoiler:
If Flash Wolves beat Tigers; which they are very very likly to do so right now; RIP CLG; NA's #1 failing to get out of what is easily the easiest group where they were set to come 1st in.

EDIT: RIP CLG confirmed. Also NA lost to a two teams which lost to wildcards. They are about to face Pain. Let's see if they can at least save face against Brazil.

What a sad time to be NA. What happened with CLG? I know they must be getting shit on hard now.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #351 on: October 08, 2015, 08:03:54 PM »
What a sad time to be NA. What happened with CLG? I know they must be getting shit on hard now.

CLG needed to perform. CLG was expected to perform.

You know what happens when CLG needs to perform, and is expected to do so.

Spoiler:
CLg lost to Pain to top it all off. And I don't buy the people claiming in their defense they were messing around. DOUBLELIFT WAS ON VAYNE. All the picks were serious. If the game looked clownish it was because CLG was so tilted by this point they were 180 degrees.

Also totally waiting for CLG backlash; followed by hotshot promising things will change and he knows what the problem is again for the 3rd year in a row. And a 'I find your lack of faith disturbing' moment too.

Edit: Seeing people justify CLG losing to Pain as CLG clowning around is annoying.

1: Everyone in CLG picked comfort picks. Doublelift was on Vayne for crying out loud.
2: Yes; the game didn't matter standings-wise. But you know what was at stake? PRIDE. Not just their pride; but as the #1 seed of NA; their entire scene's pride. They know what happened to Alliance when they lost to Kabum.
3: Flash Wolves beat CLG, and CLG was certainly serious in that game. Pain beat Flash Wolves. To say Pain won because CLG was messing around is an insult not just to Pain but also Flash Wolves. Pain is more than capable of beating CLG; serious or not, the outcomes of the games shows it clearly. To say Pain only won because CLG was 'clowning around' and 'not playing seriously' is an outright insult to their ability.
4: CLG was mega tilted anyway. It was obvious even in their previous game. Huge difference between not playing seriously and being tilted because you can't handle a loss or pressure.

Seeing people attempt to justify CLG's loss as them clowning around actually angers me because it's belittling Pain and their ability. Pain played great and showed the strength of Brazil and darn near qualified for the Semis. And it's arguably insulting the Flash Wolves too; seeing as they lost to Pain and beat CLG.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:53:19 PM by Raikaria »

Bardiche

« Reply #352 on: October 08, 2015, 10:02:46 PM »
What champions did CLG pick? Missed it because grocery shopping. ;_;

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #353 on: October 08, 2015, 10:10:09 PM »
I don't know if I'm happy or not for the Pain victory.

On one hand, seeing NA getting shat on is always fun.

On the other hand it just makes Pain's fanbase even more pants-on-head retarded, especially when you consider they couldn't make it to semis even when getting the easiest group.

Plus, it serves to further fuel Brtt's stupidly inflated ego, which is never good.

Still, although I don't think of last year's Kabum victory as anything special (remember, nobody expected Kabum to perform at all, Alliance probably just expected it to be stupid easy and got caught off guard and by that point it was too late) Pain's performance this year genuinely impressed me.

I don't think that Brazil is a Worlds-worthy region, not by a long shot, but at this rate this may probably change.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:13:55 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #354 on: October 08, 2015, 11:41:04 PM »
why is everyone talking about clg vs pain like it was a legitimate win and not like clg intentionally drafted a shit comp for funsies because the game didn't matter anyway

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #355 on: October 09, 2015, 03:07:13 AM »
People can say CLG played badly, and I'm not going to disagree. But you can't seriously look me in the face and tell me that they were being serious with that team comp. Like seriously, look at that comp. The only thing going for it is a bit of mobility, and I guess it's pretty good at picking off a random guy wandering solo around the jungle. Other than that, this comp has unreliable engage, mediocre disengage, shit aoe control, garbage frontline, minimal peel, zero poke, terrible siege potential, and weak split power. These are basically solo q style picks. The game practically ended at picks and bans.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #356 on: October 09, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
why is everyone talking about clg vs pain like it was a legitimate win and not like clg intentionally drafted a shit comp for funsies because the game didn't matter anyway

People can say CLG played badly, and I'm not going to disagree. But you can't seriously look me in the face and tell me that they were being serious with that team comp. Like seriously, look at that comp. The only thing going for it is a bit of mobility, and I guess it's pretty good at picking off a random guy wandering solo around the jungle. Other than that, this comp has unreliable engage, mediocre disengage, shit aoe control, garbage frontline, minimal peel, zero poke, terrible siege potential, and weak split power. These are basically solo q style picks. The game practically ended at picks and bans.

Regardless of what you think about the comp; CLG still lost when playing seriously to a team that lost to Pain.

Which proves it is more than possible for even 'Serious CLG' to lose to Pain.

Which is why I feel people just writing off this victory is a massive insult to Pain and Flash Wolves.

What champions did CLG pick? Missed it because grocery shopping. ;_;

Doublelift: Vayne
Aphromoo: Bard
XSmithie: Lee Sin
Pobelter: Morgana
ZionSpartan: Riven

The only questionable pick was Morg mid. But even then, you have Black Shield; Dark Binding; Soul Shackles; Bard; Riven's damage in general; Cripple and Dragon's Rage to dive through if you want to get to Doublelift. Who was on Vayne. And that's not even counting the Bard.

It's your standard 'protect Doublelift' comp. Especially since Pain had Thresh AND Elise [Hence the Morgana pick; which was picked after Thresh] and had banned both Braum and Lulu. Elise is a stunbot and little else late so Black Shield counters her hard. And Thresh hooks are very easy for Morgana to prevent. Pain's response? Draven. And they predicted the laneswap and got Doublelift in a 2v2 lane. Vayne cannot stand against Draven; and Morgana's Black Shield does nothing to stop Draven either.

And even if you don't call it a 'Protect Doublelift' comp; Vayne can splitpush and 1v1. Riven can splitpush and 1v1. Lee Sin and Morgana and Bard are all great at createing picks. You could effortlessly call it a skirmish/pick/splitpush comp. Oe that never takes a 5v5 until they just beat Pain down with a sack of gold they obtained from picks and towers.

Also; Tempered Fate lasts 2.5 seconds. The time to escape Soul Shackles? 3 seconds. Timed well Bard/Morgana is actually godly. You can see what CLG might have been trying with the Morgana mid; especially considering the whole dive discouragement Morgana brings.

But no, let's ignore all of this. Let's ignore that bad play can easily be put to tilt. Let's ignore playing for pride. CLG was clearly being clowns and not playing the game one bit seriously. Pain's win means nothing and isn't in any way legitimate. Pain only won because CLG was being clownish.

You know; despite the fact Pain can take games off Flash Wolves and Flash Wolves took a game off CLG. CLG went 1-1 with Pain and Flash Wolves. Flash Wolves went 1-1 with CLG and Pain. Pain went 1-1 with CLG and Flash Wolves. All three teams are clearly around the same level for them all to come out 1- 1against each other. Hell; Flash Wolves took games off KOO; who 2-0'ed CLG; so by extension even KOO could lose to Pain. [Although this did not happen it shows it is possible. It also shows Flash Wolves is probobly slightly stronger than CLG/Pain]

See why that attitude annoys me? See why I think it's selling Pain short? Even if we ignore CLg v Pain 2 because I give you the benefit of the doubt and give it a pass due to C?LG being clowns, the evidence from the other games shows a CLG loss against Pain was certainly possible; perhaps even like; 60:40 or even closer.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:47:45 AM by Raikaria »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #357 on: October 09, 2015, 06:37:20 AM »
Regardless of what you think about the comp; CLG still lost when playing seriously to a team that lost to Pain.

Which is why I feel people just writing off this victory is a massive insult to Pain and Flash Wolves.

Doublelift: Vayne
Aphromoo: Bard
XSmithie: Lee Sin
Pobelter: Morgana
ZionSpartan: Riven

The only questionable pick was Morg mid. But even then, you have Black Shield; Dark Binding; Soul Shackles; Bard; Riven's damage in general; and Dragon's Rage to dive through if you want to get to Doublelift. Who was on Vayne. It's your standard 'protecxt Doublelift' comp. Especially since Pain had Thresh [Hence the Morgana pick; which wasd picked after Thresh] and had banned both Braum and Lulu.

Also; Tempered Fate lasts 2.5 seconds. The time to escape Soul Shackles? 3 seconds. Timed well Bard/Morgana is actually godly.

I dunno. I'd think you'd want more peel for Vayne. She's kinda easy to jump on.  The team has no tank, so in a 5v5, they're probably not winning unless the engage is amazing. The team doesn't look like the greatest at seiging either.  It looks mainly like a splitpush team. I didn't see the game in quesiton, but I wouldn't be surprised  if PAIN just wave cleared until lategame.

People seemed to interpret dlift going Vayne as tryharding.  The fact they lost and they're not caring isn't as obvious as Regi going Teemo, may have something to do with it too.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #358 on: October 09, 2015, 07:32:14 AM »

it's like you muted the stream every time an analyst said "ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A BEST OF ONE". pain is straight up the best wildcard team to make worlds so far, but beating fuckin flash wolves once doesn't mean anything. is every team that dropped a win to alliance in s4 bad because alliance lost to kabum?

teams beating each other isn't a fuckin greater than equation.

The only questionable pick was Morg mid.

yeah, riven sure has an amazing competitive pick/ban rate and winrate. her win conditions sure aren't fuckin ridiculous to achieve. she sure doesn't have a ton of horrible picks to play against. she sure wasn't picked into fuckin thresh or anything. also, xmithie sure has a fuckin wealth of competitive experience on lee sin. that's totally such a huge comfort pick for him. to even insinuate that clg's pick/ban wasn't intentionally awful just shows immense amounts of either fanboyism for pain or anti-fanboyism against clg.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #359 on: October 09, 2015, 03:40:50 PM »
while we're on this subject

FLASH WOLVES HYPE, TW GLAD KR MAD BR SAD NA BAD  :justasplanned:

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu