Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138331 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #300 on: September 16, 2015, 03:39:02 PM »
Azir is also a marskman.

Secondary. Not primary. He also had phases in and out; unlike Sivir who has been queen since the start of Season 5 right up until quite a while after they said it's a marksman where they nerfed her uilti hard.

He's also the 1% I'm doubting.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #301 on: September 16, 2015, 10:10:09 PM »
Ekko was the last mage on the rift, and t here hasn't been a marksman since Kalista, so the champion type makes sense.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2015, 01:41:13 AM »
Ekko was the last mage on the rift, and t here hasn't been a marksman since Kalista, so the champion type makes sense.

Ekko's less of a mage and more of an assassin, though. Azir'd be the last mage released.

A good marksman's high time, though I would like one designed to be played in bot lane rather than jungle; after all, bot lane's growing rather stale with ever the same champions; it's always Vayne vs some other Marksman.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2015, 07:11:18 AM »
Any amount of success on the Rift? FUCK YOU. Have a 7 loss streak because YOU CAN'T SOLO CARRY EVERY GAME.

Playing your favorite jungler? FUCK YOU. Team feeds all three lanes before 8 minutes and it's YOUR FAULT. Their jungle didn't even gank them! They just suck!
Like support? FUCK YOU. ADC and Jungle will constantly overextend lane and it's YOUR FAULT you didn't go full ham and tank the turret as MOTHERFUCKING SONA so they could Vaynespot with slightly more success!
Mid? FUCK YOU. Enemy jungler camps lane, never get support from anyone because MID IS AN ISLAND UNTIL THEIR WHOLE TEAM COMES.

Literally the last time I've had fun playing Solo Q in a week is when I had to go Top Malzahar because their team decided for some fucking reason to go GP Mid and I dominated their Darius (who tilted really hardcore over it)
It wasn't even that good! It was only fun because for once my team wasn't the one bitching about fuckwits who can't play.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:16:07 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2015, 07:31:42 AM »
solo queue hasn't been fun since season 3

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »
solo queue hasn't been fun since season 3

Now that I think about it, it's been a long time since I solo queued a lot.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #306 on: September 20, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
solo queue hasn't been fun

Fixed. SoloQ is suffering.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Bardiche

« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2015, 09:28:29 PM »
Meanwhile I have great fun and only ever now and again meet shitters on my team. EUW, people, it is the Promised Land. (Or maybe I just play at the right times; it's my theory that the shitters and trollers and feeders all play around specific timeframes.)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #308 on: September 21, 2015, 08:08:28 AM »
Meanwhile I have great fun and only ever now and again meet shitters on my team. EUW, people, it is the Promised Land. (Or maybe I just play at the right times; it's my theory that the shitters and trollers and feeders all play around specific timeframes.)
only been playing in godawful night hours so not sure which timeframe you think is good.

Bardiche

« Reply #309 on: September 21, 2015, 10:40:49 AM »
only been playing in godawful night hours so not sure which timeframe you think is good.

I like playing from 7 AM to 11 AM on weekdays when I don't have work. Early morning seems to work well against toxicity.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #310 on: September 21, 2015, 11:56:10 PM »
Toxic Shitheads tend to also be hardcore shitheads, which means that playing in the wee hours of the night means you'll probably be getting them in your matches, likewise that means they go to sleep late as shit and wake up late as shit so early morning seems to be the best bet for avoiding toxic shitheads.

Especially on weekdays since it also means that all the kiddies are at school so you've already rid yourself of two demographics which no one wants to deal with.

Bardiche

« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2015, 12:08:00 AM »
Toxic Shitheads tend to also be hardcore shitheads, which means that playing in the wee hours of the night means you'll probably be getting them in your matches, likewise that means they go to sleep late as shit and wake up late as shit so early morning seems to be the best bet for avoiding toxic shitheads.

Especially on weekdays since it also means that all the kiddies are at school so you've already rid yourself of two demographics which no one wants to deal with.

That's my reasoning between picking that specific time frame. You'll still get some shitters every now and again, but I find it already helps a bunch by just being positive and communicative in champ select lobby. I think I've only once been told to get cancer and die since playing in February, and only three got so abusive I reported them, so~

Sahgren

« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2015, 04:22:29 AM »
I finally got around to giving ranked a try. Got placed in Gold 4, which seems pretty appropriate since I no longer stomp lane nor get stomped.

Bardiche

« Reply #313 on: September 28, 2015, 11:47:07 PM »
Gold IV!

Here's my secret to climbing in Ranked:

« Reply #314 on: September 29, 2015, 12:17:48 AM »
we formed Brozodia!!

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2313525103/28166812
that's right 172 deaths in less than an hour...
a 3 AD carry team, being carried by their jungler, a lee sin so fed he could 1v4 as a lifesteal tank
Us with 3 thornmails (for once actually legit)
I'm the support who got so fed not only did I sell all my support items i'd even sold my boots and still had like 4k gold left.

Bardiche

« Reply #315 on: September 29, 2015, 02:47:34 AM »
> 3 ADCs on one team

Holy shit, I want to be part of the Bronze lulz sometime.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #316 on: September 29, 2015, 12:23:49 PM »
we formed Brozodia!!

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2313525103/28166812
that's right 172 deaths in less than an hour...
a 3 AD carry team, being carried by their jungler, a lee sin so fed he could 1v4 as a lifesteal tank
Us with 3 thornmails (for once actually legit)
I'm the support who got so fed not only did I sell all my support items i'd even sold my boots and still had like 4k gold left.

Brozodia

No Amumu

No Yi [To be fair this one used to be Cho'Gath]

Something's not right here.

For the record:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #317 on: September 29, 2015, 09:43:52 PM »
I thought Blitz had a higher win rate at higher Elos.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #318 on: September 30, 2015, 04:31:34 AM »
He does, because the higher you go, the more people there are who realize you're not always supposed to fish for that hook, but rather run up to the enemy and Power Fist first instead.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #319 on: September 30, 2015, 09:49:42 AM »
I thought Blitz had a higher win rate at higher Elos.

Blitzcrank is like some weird parabola.

In low ELO's he's god because catching people out and they don't ward or anything to see him. Also the game go long because no-one knows how to end so the probability of Blitzcrank hooking goes up. While it's doubtful the Blitz has good aim people also can't dodge skillshots so it evens out. Also you get the same thing happening in LoL as you do in DotA with Pudge. A LOT OF BAD PLAYERS PICK HIM.
In mid ELO's people generally are decent enough at skillshot evasion and not getting caught that randomly throwing hooks dosen't work anymore.
In high ELO's while Blitzcrank is basically a 1v2 in lane the vision game tends to be advanced enough that he can pull of game-winning plays... and this team is smart enough to actually cvapitalise on them.

I would not be surprised to see Blitzcrank's lowest winrate ~Gold; highest pick/ban banrate in Bronze and highest winrate in high ELO.

Although to be fair Bronzodia is somewhat outdated. A modern Brozodia would be something like Yi [He loses 4% winrate between Bronze and Diamond]/Darius/Amumu [Highest winrate in Bronze]/Jinx [52% winrate; 30% pick rate]/Leona [See Jinx]

Also it's so nice to see Jinx back to being a really high pick rate and win rate /sarcasm. [Across all ELO's she's 52.3% win; 28.5% pick]

Edit:

I'm wrong; apparently Blitzcrank's winrate rises with ELO steadily while his pick rate falls rather dramatically with ELO. [Bronze 51.33% win; 27.07% pick. Diamond 52.69% win but 18.25% pick; going from over 1/4 games to less than 1/5.]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:00:06 AM by Raikaria »

« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2015, 02:14:57 PM »
oh hey it's worlds

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #321 on: October 02, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
Yep.

C9 winning was a surprise.

Considering Fnatic's competition in their group was iG; and they STOMPED them so hard they surrendered [Surrendering isn't common in pro play. This isn't DotA], I think we can say Fnatic is in form.

And Fnatic before their perfect season could take SKT to 5 games.

Spoiler:
TSM donezo

EDIT:
Spoiler:
SOAZ LEARNT FROM THE BEST
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:32:28 PM by Raikaria »

Bardiche

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?

Bardiche

« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2015, 06:37:18 PM »
No, but I am a bit disappointed, hoped for someone more exciting.

Luckily I managed to get to Gold III now, so I am sure to get the Victorious Skin unless I manage to go on a massive losing streak.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2015, 09:34:35 PM »
Spoiler:
FLASH WOLVES YESSSSS

(paging Trance)

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2015, 01:06:43 AM »
Been maintaining a list of champion picks and bans so far at Worlds.  For the people who're wondering how champion diversity in competitive is actually looking.  (also so you can laugh at Braum's popularity vs his performance)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2015, 10:57:40 AM »
Spoiler:
FLASH WOLVES YESSSSS

(paging Trance)

pfffff that upset...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Bardiche

« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2015, 01:54:54 PM »
Been maintaining a list of champion picks and bans so far at Worlds.  For the people who're wondering how champion diversity in competitive is actually looking.  (also so you can laugh at Braum's popularity vs his performance)

The one game Morde isn't banned, he's instapicked. :D

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2015, 03:22:58 PM »
The one game Morde isn't banned, he's instapicked. :D

The 2nd game he is neither picked or banned.

Also I get the distinct feeling Teleport is going to be nerfed soon.

Spoiler:
FREESM also XPeke doing his Froggen cosplay
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 04:23:01 PM by Raikaria »