Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138331 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2015, 08:05:53 AM »
Championship skin is Kalista.

So Kalista also shares her 2nd skin theme with Thresh as well.

Both champions from the Shadow Isles. Who were completely broken and pick or ban status for ages on release. Both made by CertainlyT.

Also; due to this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3ci34o/were_not_selling_the_victorious_skin/

Which confirms the Victorious skin is a Marksman, the fact that we are getting Championship Kalista basically confirms that the Season 5 Victorious is going to be Sivir.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2015, 10:15:31 AM »
How does it confirm Sivir gets the Victorious skin? EDIT: Asking because I do not want a Sivir skin, I want a Victorious Ashe or Victorious Varus or even Victorious Tristana.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 07:23:45 PM by Bardiche »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »
How does it confirm Sivir gets the Victorious skin? EDIT: Asking because I do not want a Sivir skin, I want a Victorious Ashe or Victorious Varus or even Victorious Tristana.

Is there any other ADC who has anywhere near the impact Sivir has had on Season 5, other than Kalista?

No. Nowhere near. Not even close. Sivir has basically been pick or ban in the competitive scene all season in all regions. To the degree that it's even called a 'Sivir Comp'. All other marksmen [Other than Kalista] have phased in and out, and most of them were not even played bottom lane.

Not to mention this decision's been made for a while. Trist's only picked up pretty recently. Look at all the other Victorious skins as well. Jarvan was a staple from release onwards. Janna was called Queen of Supports in S2. Elise dominated the S3 jungle. Morgana was dominant for most of S4. Sivir's been dominant for ALL of S5.

The only champion who could compete with Sivir as soon as it was announced as a Marksman was Kalista. Kalista's getting Championship; writing her out. So Sivir's the obvious choice. Even counting Kalista... can a champion nearly always banned even be eligible? Victorious Kassadin or Shen didn't happen in S2.

I mean it's not 100% confirmed [hence why I said basically confirms and not confirms outright], but it's pretty obvious and I'm like 99% sure. The ONLY thing that makes me doubt is the fact that Warden Sivir happened, and I'd imagine Victorious Sivir appearing like a blue-and-gold version of that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:16:51 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
Raikaria, remember the last time you said something like this and it was that the next ultimate skin was DEFINITELY going to be Xerath and anyone that thought otherwise was deluding themselves?

Yeah.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2015, 09:56:57 PM »
If the 1% chance I think I am wrong is right you have the right to rub my face in it. I may be a stubborn mule at times but I take my sticks when I deserve them.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #275 on: September 03, 2015, 03:39:17 AM »
If the 1% chance I think I am wrong is right you have the right to rub my face in it. I may be a stubborn mule at times but I take my sticks when I deserve them.

I'm not here to rub it in your face dude, it's just you're kind of notorious for making these wild affirmations which are either factually incorrect (remember the whole talk about orianna? yeah.) or if you are indeed right it basically just comes down to sheer luck on your part, it just gets kind of... tiring, after a while.

besides wasn't the whole "most pick/banned" thing on victorious/championship skins completely debunked last season?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #276 on: September 03, 2015, 07:27:56 AM »
Except Morgana was very popular and only fell off probobly when or just before Riot already made their decision. Especially now we know Riot had decided on who's getting the skin this year over a month before. It's not like they could pick Janna. If it was bound to be one of the mids who went support thanks to Riot's changes; it was between Morg and Annie. And Annie has too many skins as it is. [And is Riot really going to make an Annie skin and a Tibbers skin that they give out for free over a Morgana skin? No.]

The Championship skins aren't as solid. Never were since S2 where it was Riven who almost never saw competitive play. Shyvana was more impactful than Riven ever was.

And is it really a wild accusation to be confident that the S5 Victorious is Sivir knowing that it is a Marksman and is not Kalista?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:33:29 AM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #277 on: September 03, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »
it could also be lucian(same shit as morgana last season) but i also think it is most likely sivir

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #278 on: September 03, 2015, 09:33:34 PM »

Enchantment: Warrior

AD raised to 45 (up from 40)

5 AD REVERT

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #279 on: September 03, 2015, 09:44:43 PM »
5. Fucking. AD.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Bardiche

« Reply #280 on: September 07, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »
Played Skarner. "Not a big whoop," I thought at first. Then I got Titanic, and remembered how ridiculous his ult is... except now it comes with huge movement speed boost. Also stun on-demand by E->R->AA

Yep, Skarner is pretty cool.

EDIT: Evelynn nerfs on PBE. I really need to main a new champion. ;_;
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:36:56 PM by Bardiche »

« Reply #281 on: September 10, 2015, 12:32:50 PM »
Kulix000

I'm so Pimp, MK Ultra has to manipulate my teammates to make me lose.

0 Deaths. Enemy Surrenders at 20. Guaranteed.

Bardiche

« Reply #282 on: September 12, 2015, 04:08:46 PM »
Silver I. 100 LP. Currently on series. 2 wins achieved. 3 games to achieve 1 more win.

Senpai, give me strength.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #283 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »
That moment when you 1v1 solokill a midlane Vel'Koz as a support Vel'Koz. Apparently in a Vel 1v1 HP and Movespeed trumps AP. Which makes sense given his bad scaleings. [Also for some reason he didn't have a RCS and never built one. He just went pure AP. I did. As support. Because HP and helping my team stick while also making my skills more reliable. 40% slow lazor!]

And it's not like this Vel got stomped in lane. In fact earlier he got a Triple Kill.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:57:34 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #284 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:56 PM »
Group Draw time

Holy shit CLG got lucky lmaooo

RIP TSM
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 08:23:50 PM by Suikama »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #285 on: September 12, 2015, 09:50:48 PM »
Group Draw time

Holy shit CLG got lucky lmaooo

RIP TSM

I guess we will really see if what China and Korea say about NA is true [They say they are comparable to or even below some wildcard regions;' although I found this quote 2~3 months ago so it could have changed.]

Fnatic's group is pretty easy too. Considering they took SKT to 5 games before and have got better since then they should win Group B. Group C is contested; both H2K and Edward have shots, and to be fair, we haven't seen H2K in literally months. We don't know what their bootcamping results are like at all. Their level is the biggest unknown.

Group D is the group of death; but TSM don't have a shot tbh unless they have improved drastically.

Also; even if CLG come 1st in their group [Which isn't as much of a given as some are saying]; they have to face the 2nd place of Group D. Which is either LGD; ktRolster; or Origen; all of which are formidable teams. [Let's face it; Origen are EU's #2; H2k only are #2 by virtue of playing Spring. And OG took Fnatic to 5 games.]

I see no hope of NA making it past Quarters. I don't think CLG wins against any of those 3 in Bo5 and I don't see C9 or TSM getting out of groups. Also if CLG come 2nd in Group A they probobly face SKT and I think there's no dispute that CLG loses that one. That said I am fairly confident CLG will make Quarters. Any other group and maybe not, but Group A? They can make it maybe. I don't think CLG has EVER beaten an eastern team however. Might be wrong.

Fnatic should make Semis since they should win Group B and then they play 2nd place of Group C; who they should beat. [SKT will be 1st]. Which may be H2K. And we know who wins that.

And if Fnatic and CLG win their quarters; assumeing both are Seed 1; they play each other and there is no way CLG can beat Fnatic IMO. Yes; CLg looked impressive in the NA finals. But that was against a TSM that is undoubtedly in decline. And TSM even before MSI were no match for Fnatic.

If CLG lose in Quarters Fnatic will face Group D 2nd place. Which will be tough.

Finals could be a rematch of SKT v Fnatic which last they met was a close 3-2 to SKT [This is a big reason I'm rating Fnatic so highly btw]. Depends how the cluster of Group D ends up. I'd put my money on a Fnatic-SKT final. My money would say 3-2 SKT but my heart says 3-2 Fnatic.

I'm trying to be as un-biased as possible and base this off international performances primarily but I AM an EU person. So... yeah.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:09:17 PM by Raikaria »

Bardiche

« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2015, 12:23:55 AM »

3/3 for wins. 80% winrate in Ranked. None of my Last 7 champions with less than 55% winrate and less than 3.0 KDA. Senpai noticed me.

o/

Time to quit Ranked.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #287 on: September 13, 2015, 07:15:22 AM »
Win game as Tristana.

Get promoted to Tristana's Musketeers.

Fitting.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #288 on: September 13, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »
Nice, just got Gold again myself a few days ago.

As long as either ahq or FW actually make it into QF this time, I'll be happy, faith age be damned (and I say this as a huge CLG fan).

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #289 on: September 13, 2015, 07:55:42 PM »
Meanwhile, I'm still climbing out of Silver 3 from my tilt following my 5th attempt at Silver 1. Finally got into my Silver 2 series again, just to have a bad Sona game, then a game with Literally Trolling Double Jungle Trundle because he didn't want to play ADC.

"Lol, I'll just make the LP back up" -Trundle

Fuck you.

EDIT: Did a roflstomp with Skarner next game. Guess it was worth it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:27:20 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2015, 10:08:12 PM »
Friendly note that Pick'Em! gives Poro-themed Summoner icons, and if you somehow get everything right a Championship Riven skin.

Meanwhile, I realise Gold V and Silver V are basically the same division. Even if you go Team Full AD, you still win overwhelmingly because ??? plays.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2015, 11:12:50 PM »
Meanwhile, I realise Gold V and Silver V are basically the same division. Even if you go Team Full AD, you still win overwhelmingly because ??? plays.

iirc a person can only get demoted from gold if their MMR reaches Silver V levels, at which point they're thrown at Silver V, this applies to all divisions.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2015, 02:48:35 AM »
Friendly note that Pick'Em! gives Poro-themed Summoner icons, and if you somehow get everything right a Championship Riven skin.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Support Nunu
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nunu built Aegis
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No Frozen Heart
laffo

Also you didn't have a single Last Whisper on your team and still won? It's probably because you had both Yi and Yasuo on your team, but that's still... Man, you're right about Gold V.

On a seperate note I just had a game where I was second pick, and our captain failed to ban Skarner. I offered to play him, since I'm good at Skarner, but then he went Amumu Jungle.
We lost that game.
(but I still went even as support)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:51:35 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Support Nunu
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nunu built Aegis
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No Frozen Heart
laffo

Also you didn't have a single Last Whisper on your team and still won? It's probably because you had both Yi and Yasuo on your team, but that's still... Man, you're right about Gold V.

I'll point out I had double Yasuo's damage dealt to champions. He just deleted squishies. It's because I had a Black Cleaver, which is a huge armour penetration item for the entire team with Garen's spin2win. Like, they had nearly perpetually 30% less armour against our entire team, with Master Yi dealing physical, magical and true damage to boot. Last Whisper is only a little better for the individual but still loses out to the damage improvement Black Cleaver gives the entire team against tanks.

It doesn't help that Vi was having a miserable game because her every gank resulted in her death with nothing to show for it. (Also Sunfire Cape is garbage if you're going to fight champions, so not sure why they had those and still forced teamfights.)

I've found climbing to Gold (and within Gold) is a lot easier once you understand the main objective of your role.

Top lane is a good lane to be in because a good top laner is miles apart from a bad top laner. Just now I had Fiora vs Irelia, and while we were about even in lane she went and killed my team mates in other lanes. Eventually she wanted to duel me while 8/3/3, while I was 3/4/2. She didn't win: I had a 70 CS advantage on her. To put that into perspective: 4 kills at 300 gold each is 1200 gold. 70 Creeps at 18 gold each is 1260 Gold... But some of those creeps gave 23 or 40 gold, so I had the gold lead on her on just that alone. However, I also pushed down straight to inhibitor tower when she finally challenged my splitpush, meaning I also had the gold from two towers pushed where they just got kills but couldn't bring down a tower. Suffice it to say, I had a massive advantage in gold and experience just for not leaving top lane and trusting my team mates to handle themselves.

If you want to get out of Silver as a jungler, though? Recognise whether your bot, mid or top lane is stronger than their lane opponent, then help them snowball as hard as you can. Early, you probably want to gank bot when it's time for you to do dragon, so they can help you out there. If you get early dragon and first tower down, you're already ahead by a lot and can snowball out of control from there.

Don't be that jungler who AFKs in jungle for the first 20 minutes.

EDIT:
Also I really recommend Supporting. Support can single-handedly turn a fight with proper peel, engage or disengage, and if you are a good Support but the other isn't, bot lane is pretty much won. Unless your ADC is dumb. But it's a major advantage to bring to your team. Wards also win games and at Silver, the amount of times someone upgraded trinket I can count on the fingers of one hand.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:42:20 PM by Bardiche »

Bardiche

« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
> Be a Jungle/ADC main
> New Champ is Jungle/ADC

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #295 on: September 16, 2015, 02:00:40 AM »
Bronze I was successfully escaped today
I cried internally for several minutes after the game

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #296 on: September 16, 2015, 02:16:31 AM »
Bronze I was successfully escaped today
I cried internally for several minutes after the game
Welcome to Silver. It's not much better.

Sahgren

« Reply #297 on: September 16, 2015, 03:00:53 AM »

All AD teams aren't incapable of winning, it's just that if the enemy team has any tanks with enough brains to build a bunch of health/armor then the all AD team falls off hard. That match history shows that you were 12 kills and 4 towers ahead for an 8.9k gold lead at the ~20 minute mark. Team comp doesn't matter much when one team gets a lead that large that early.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #298 on: September 16, 2015, 08:26:27 AM »
Which confirms the Victorious skin is a Marksman, the fact that we are getting Championship Kalista basically confirms that the Season 5 Victorious is going to be Sivir.

Azir is also a marskman.

Bardiche

« Reply #299 on: September 16, 2015, 12:49:17 PM »
All AD teams aren't incapable of winning, it's just that if the enemy team has any tanks with enough brains to build a bunch of health/armor then the all AD team falls off hard. That match history shows that you were 12 kills and 4 towers ahead for an 8.9k gold lead at the ~20 minute mark. Team comp doesn't matter much when one team gets a lead that large that early.

Like I said, ??? plays.