Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138337 times)

Sahgren

Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »
remilia is almost certainly not going to stick around for lcs

i can't really blame her, because you know exactly how shitty the internet is going to be the first time she misses a thresh hook on stage

Screw the first time she misses a hook, Twitch chat was tunneling through bedrock to new lows just because she was on stage in the first place. And before she was even on stage if Riv getting annoyed and starting to ban people from his stream for spamming sexist remarks is any indication.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2015, 08:21:54 PM »
Screw the first time she misses a hook, Twitch chat was tunneling through bedrock to new lows just because she was on stage in the first place. And before she was even on stage if Riv getting annoyed and starting to ban people from his stream for spamming sexist remarks is any indication.

Being annoyed should have nothing to do with that, that should be a given.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2015, 11:32:43 PM »
It's not the fact that he got annoyed, it's that Twitch chat just got that bad at all. The usual shit-laden drivel on there is bad enough, but he's never quite reacted like that until now.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2015, 12:32:13 AM »
i've been a lot of places on the internet, but large twitch chats are by far the worst place i've ever seen

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2015, 02:36:54 AM »
Actually can't wait for the new patch reworks to go live now, they've buffed Skarner pretty well back from the original rework idea now, and Garen's got a lot of the toys he's had taken away like crits on his spin, so he looks fun to play.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »
Garen's got a lot of the toys he's had taken away like crits on his spin, so he looks fun to play.

Not sure how that makes him more fun to play?

Forgot how utterly ridiculous Veigar is. Win lane win game, lose lane still obliterate enemy AP-based champs.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #246 on: August 15, 2015, 05:42:33 PM »
Not sure how that makes him more fun to play?

Forgot how utterly ridiculous Veigar is. Win lane win game, lose lane still obliterate enemy AP-based champs.
with garen getting stuff back he can actually build in many interesting ways now.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2015, 05:25:04 AM »
LMS REGIONAL FINALS BOIS

(paging Trance, I know you're watching this)

e: MOTHER OF GOD TOYZ WITH MORE THAN 12 CS PER MINUTE FOR ALMOST THE WHOLE GAME

meanwhile Maple looks to make yet another Zed highlight reel
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:13:17 AM by Aba Matindesu! »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #248 on: August 19, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »
Have a losing streak due to a combination of rusty play; feeders; trolls and AFK's.

I mean stuff like Jungle Teemos running into your lane as you are getting ganked and standing there 'attempting to passive' levels of troll.

Then I win a game where I felt like Dyrus. [Trying Voli top getting ready for Titanic Hydra. Vs a Gnar. With 0 help at all despite permapush and multiple roams from  enemy mid]

Then I go Ashe.

I think the only arrow I MISSED was one where a Bard flashed it. This includes ults from halfway or more across the map. On Fizz.

Arrowing Fizz feels good man.

I've always been good with arrows bad with pretty much everything else Ashe; in terms of my 'I help my team' playstyle. But my arrows that game were enough to make the enemy team say 'Dat Ashe'.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2015, 08:49:49 PM »
Tilted back a division because I lost a very close game.

I went malphite jungle as a counter to an all-ad (plus zac) team. I managed to turn around an early poor start by dominating botlane with a 5man gank.
Had to suffer through constant zac counterjungling, Yasuo being Yasuo, our Liss Top not doing much aside from matching their Gnar in kills, and their constant Cc Hell,

Still managed to turn the game around with multiple teamfight-winning ults, got baron and dragon...

Then Windows decided to shut down because of fucking Patch Tuesday and by the time I got back our team had been aced and theirs were marching into the base to kill us.

Needless to say I got all the blame despite having actually scrabbled our team to having got that far.

Bardiche

« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »
Be Garen.

Take 21/9 masteries, and full AD runes. (I used masteries/runepage for Fiora.)

Grab Black Cleaver. Grab Titanic Hydra. Get to level 15.

"Judgment does 1100 damage over the duration, 33% increase if against a single target."

MINION WAVES DISAPPEAR TO GAREN. (So does Gnar.)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2015, 09:17:34 PM »
Things I learned about New Skarner:

-He is still really, really fast
-He is a force to be reckoned with in a Skarner Zone
-You still have to take the zone and it's still hard alone
-People now expect the invade in every single game because they want to guard their spires or sit on the neutral ones
-Its really easy to plop a ward on a spire and fuck with Skarner when he comes to take it back and you get jungle ganked because your team can't ward and fognfns mnths jd fuck
-Shyvana and Elise are still more OP then you but now you actually have a banrate despite the buff being only slight when out of a Skarner Zone (which happens most teamfights)
-Poke still fucks you over
-The recommended items are still bad

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2015, 09:23:48 PM »
Things I learned about New Skarner:

-He is still really, really fast
-He is a force to be reckoned with in a Skarner Zone
-You still have to take the zone and it's still hard alone
-People now expect the invade in every single game because they want to guard their spires or sit on the neutral ones
-Its really easy to plop a ward on a spire and fuck with Skarner when he comes to take it back and you get jungle ganked because your team can't ward and fognfns mnths jd fuck
-Shyvana and Elise are still more OP then you but now you actually have a banrate despite the buff being only slight when out of a Skarner Zone (which happens most teamfights)
-Poke still fucks you over
-The recommended items are still bad

- Skarner's E is actually a skill that exists now. Seriously that thing's slow is strong now; and 2.5 sec; and procs a stun with an auto. That gives you a 1 sec steroid. And a minireset.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2015, 03:19:32 AM »
- Skarner's E is actually a skill that exists now. Seriously that thing's slow is strong now; and 2.5 sec; and procs a stun with an auto. That gives you a 1 sec steroid. And a minireset.
Oh yeah the E is pretty great, the stun is really just a holdover from the passive being moved, but the minibuff and reset makes for a decent E R E combo. Also you can spam it in the jungle now due to mana regen even though it costs a ton of mana to cast.

Also jungling is really, really easy with Skarner now because you never run out of mana inside the Zones and you can freely just give away your blue buff after the first clear because you can just sit in your jungle and recharge mana ludicrously fast.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:27:59 AM by NekoNekoRex »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
What I found with Skarner is his lategame damage is still pants, even in his zones.

Admittedly we didn't have much of a damage comp; we literally only had a Vayne. And they had 3 people who could jump and explode her. But Skarner can only stop 1. But still; I thought I'd have SOME element of damage.

His midgame is where he shines.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2015, 09:55:10 AM »
Skarner can find a pretty effective lategame in Devourer, but he sacrifices most of his staying power to get up close and personal if he does it. An attack speed build can make him a real monster even out of his zones, since he recharges his q nearly every autoattack, and can proc sheen basically all the time, all he really needs is one decent defensive item and a ravenous hydra to not get kicked out of the fight too quick.

I haven't tested Devourer builds with a Gage yet (often I go a Maw for the magic shield and extra AD) but it might be the answer you really need.

Most of the time I build Devourer - Boots - Sheen - Phage - Iceborn/Trinity (if fed) - Cleaver (if not fed) - Lifesteal Item (BotRK if they're tanky, Hydra if not) - Tank Stats

Bardiche

« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2015, 08:37:13 PM »

At this time, he has a 65% winrate in Platinum+. He's actually considered so overpowered, Riot's nerfing him coming Monday urgently. EDIT: Also want to point out your buff exists when you R something or proc your E stun. Also consider that Skarner Zones are around Dragon/Baron, making objective control harder for the opponents. Skarner applying pressure on where you can team fight is actually pretty strong even if he doesn't use the zone in a team fight. You're pretty much dictating where a fight can't happen.

his lategame damage is still pants,

Titanic Hydra scales damage with HP. You need to grab one of those to scale into the lategame with Cinderhulk.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:39:49 PM by Bardiche »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2015, 09:50:25 PM »
At this time, he has a 65% winrate in Platinum+. He's actually considered so overpowered, Riot's nerfing him coming Monday urgently.

To put that into perspective; the last hotfix nerf [Not bugfix; nerf] was Release Zyra.

When was that?

Zyra was released on the 24th July 2012. I think if I recall he hotfix was a couple of days after.

Bardiche

« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
Yeah, the new Skarner is stupidly overpowered so it's kind of weird NNR calls it "just a slight buff" and "Shyvana and Elise are more OP". No, Skarner is (one of) the strongest SoloQ junglers in the entire game right now due to his massive strengths. Slow + Stun on a single ability alongside huge movement speed and attack speed buffs in at least two highly contested areas, a huge movement speed increase when he R's someone (and thus can drag that person WAY out of position) and with teams getting yellow support a lot more often now, he won't even need to make his own Righteous Glory.

If you think the buffs were "only slight", you're severely underestimating the changes to him. The Skarner Zones are a huge buff to him, as well as new items he can use properly.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:24:09 PM by Bardiche »

« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »
Riot doesn't know the meaning of "only slight" buffs. Either they buff out of control in one patch or they build a champ into a monster over few patches.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2015, 07:23:57 PM »
I dunno, I haven't had much success with him outside of normals, but that's probably mostly because whenever I try someone picks Shyv and I get the shit kicked out of me. Devourer feels kinda worthless on him now when he was fairly good with it before the patch, and I've never felt very tough when I build tanky on him.

EDIT: I'm reading right now that maxing E second has gotten really good on him, I think I'll start trying that.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:27:33 PM by NekoNekoRex »

Bardiche

« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »
I dunno, I haven't had much success with him outside of normals, but that's probably mostly because whenever I try someone picks Shyv and I get the shit kicked out of me. Devourer feels kinda worthless on him now when he was fairly good with it before the patch, and I've never felt very tough when I build tanky on him.

EDIT: I'm reading right now that maxing E second has gotten really good on him, I think I'll start trying that.

If you check the link I gave, best results are from maxing E first, and Q last. Get Cinderhulk and Titanic Hydra; Cinderhulk provides more HP scaling, and Titanic Hydra turns your HP scaling into pure damage.

« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2015, 12:03:08 AM »
CLG finally did it  :o

history has been made :V
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:05:35 AM by Suikama »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2015, 05:44:25 AM »
Go to sleep just before TSM v CLG.

Wake up.

FreeSM happened.

Recall Regi saying they want to win Worlds and anything else is a failure and they can't even win NA.

Well; heads are going to roll.

Also after like 5 years DOUBLELIFT HAS A TROPHY.

Also Regi said if they lose to CLG he'll retire.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 05:55:22 AM by Raikaria »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2015, 11:32:31 AM »
Oh, I guess this Skarner shit does explain his proliferation in my games recently.

It's a good thing I'm only fighting Bronze Skarners.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2015, 08:36:43 AM »
Weirdly enough I'm not seeing any Skarners. Except myself. And people always ask me 'WHAT ARE THESE CRYSTALS DUDE'.

Still attempting to find a optimal build, although there might not be such a thing considering item builds change per game; especially for bruisers/tanks/juggernaughts since they have to itemise against targets damage.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #266 on: August 27, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »
Weirdly enough I'm not seeing any Skarners. Except myself. And people always ask me 'WHAT ARE THESE CRYSTALS DUDE'.

Still attempting to find a optimal build, although there might not be such a thing considering item builds change per game; especially for bruisers/tanks/juggernaughts since they have to itemise against targets damage.
http://champion.gg/champion/Skarner/Jungle

Skarner builds straight HP with the juggernaut items and then itemizes only once or twice for which defense he wants more. Usually armor because AD carries tend to be the bigger threat.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:42:14 PM by NekoNekoRex »

« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2015, 12:44:31 AM »
oh look who got fourth in NA again

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2015, 07:38:24 AM »
THE CURSE MUST BE FUFILLED.

Also Clown9 after literally flopping all season and almost outright losing their chance is representing NA at Worlds. TSM looks poor too. CLG is their only real chance but knowing them they'll choke when it matters. Like they always do :/

Meanwhile EU is sending it's 3 [undisputably] best teams. Although of them I don't think H2K has much chance [Especially without much Bo5 practice]; Origen should beat the NA teams at least and Fnatic have a REAL chance at taking the whole thing. I mean even before the Summer Split they pushed SKT to 5 games.

The question is this.

There are tweo immutable laws in the NA LCS at odds. Curse will be 4th. CLG will choke.

It appears it wasn't the Faith that let CLG win, it was Curse's Curse being stronger than the Choke; thus CLG won; because they had to for Liquid to place 4th.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:57:58 AM by Raikaria »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2015, 01:39:46 AM »
tbf a big part of CLG not choking is their new coach. If he can keep them together through worlds, then they do stand a chance. I would say CLG has always done better than TSM internationally, but this is an almost entirely different roster since the last time they've had a significant showing, soooo that remains to be seen.