Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138329 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2015, 08:01:29 PM »
Potentially 4 teams with the same number of wins by the end of the day. That's pretty crazy.

Normally LCS ends around 10:30 pm here.

There's gonna probobly be multiple extra games.

I've mixed up some Cranberry [3 parts] and Orange [1 part] juices into a strong brew to keep me up.

Also; SK won their game; so RIP CW.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:25:04 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Sahgren

« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
Roccat owns the head to head against Giants, so it looks like we'll be rounding this out with just Elements vs Gambit. A bit anti-climactic, but not having 5+ tie breakers to work through is a bit of a relief.

Edit: Poppy and Trundle support! That's fun enough on its own to make up for the lack of tie breakers.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:46:43 PM by Sahgren »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »
Roccat owns the head to head against Giants, so it looks like we'll be rounding this out with just Elements vs Gambit. A bit anti-climactic, but not having 5+ tie breakers to work through is a bit of a relief.

Edit: Poppy and Trundle support! That's fun enough on its own to make up for the lack of tie breakers.

B-b-b-but Roccat vs Giants is happening now.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Sahgren

« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2015, 09:32:47 PM »
...weird. I guess I made a mistake when I was looking up the match histories. Ah well, more games to watch then.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2015, 10:44:42 PM »
I've been playing Devourer Skarner. He's an absolute monster if he gets full build. I finally reached it today in a game.

Blue Smite Devourer, build a sheen, phage, and vamp scepter, boots (preferably zerks if there's not a huge amount of cc or slow), upgrade the three uncommons into an Iceborn, Black Cleaver, and BoRK, then finish off with a situational item, Phantom Dancer if you just want more pure damage in crits.
Upgrade the boots into a Zephyr and Iceborn into a Triforce if the game refuses to end.

With Devourer and Skarner's passive, added to all the on-hits on the items, he becomes ridiculously high damage, moreso then then pure AD since he can spam the fuck out of q. He shuts down anyone he can't destroy outright with his ult, and if things get tough it's really easy to run with the same sticking power used to escape.

I've found when it works my team is really grateful when I save them with a well-timed slow from my e, and I can play assassin and kill any split-pushers that try too hard.

It felt soooooo good in the last game when I was able to 1v1 a Yasuo. I hate Yasuos with a passion, I savor every death.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2015, 06:42:55 AM »
Am I the only one that feels like Gangplank's barrels need to be nerfed so that Parrley doesn't grant bonus gold in an AOE if you kill? Its kind of busted the split-push waveclear he has with it.

Also, I'm consistently hitting 500 SS around the 20 minute mark and around 1200 bonus gold around 20 minutes from parrley and avarice blade. Its kind of silly almost.

Sahgren

« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2015, 08:59:05 PM »
3-6 tie breakers for the NA LCS guaranteed. Looks like it's going to be a long day.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2015, 09:42:40 PM »
Silver 2! If I keep up as I am, I'll hit Silver 1 next week. (1 Ranked game a day, need 1 more win for series, then 2 more wins, assume I'll lose twice, I'll need 2 wins for series and then 3 games to pass it, 5 days total!)

My best champions so far are Evelynn, Varus, Lux, Ashe, Hecarim. I usually get to actually play my champs, so I'm pretty happy.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2015, 09:56:45 PM »
3-6 tie breakers for the NA LCS guaranteed. Looks like it's going to be a long day.

TSM losing top C9 after C9 lost to TDK was hilarious.

Also it gave C9 a chance to avoid relegation.

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2015, 10:01:35 PM »
T5M

that last game what the fuck
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:48:34 PM by Suikama »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2015, 07:25:04 AM »
T5M

that last game what the fuck

Only the last game? Although to be fair pretty much the entire NALCS has been a garbage show recently. But TSM is literally do nothing for 30 mins and then try and win a teamfight these days. And yet they have the attitude to say 'it doesn't matter who we face in playoffs we'll win'. If TSM goes to Worlds I doubt they'll even beat wildcards in their current state. [Admittedly this is what the Koreans think too. They think NA is below a lot of wildcard regions atm]

Santorin, as per usual, did nothing despite being against a Devo Shyvana who obviously would not apply pressure and put the game on a clock. Bjerg is not as good compared to most of NA as he once was [Although there are a lot more imports mid now]. Dyrus had loads of chances to get a good TP flank that he didn't take. When TSM does win it's Bjerg, but since he's not head and shoulders above the rest of the region anymore him hard carrying is becoming less and less common. And it seems TSM has gone from 'Santorin camp mid' to 'Santorin do nothing'. Seriously half the time I swear he might as well be AFK.

Also CLG was so close to coming 1st place in the first time in forever... then they lose the tiebreak.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:29:53 AM by Raikaria »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2015, 12:59:38 AM »
So my win ratio went from 20% to 75% since I decided to start playing Sona. Zekes is super powerful and I often just build ham because Sona's poke is really strong. If I can't poke well I just max heal instead.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2015, 11:13:24 PM »
holy shit
Spoiler:
Gangplank is disabled due to being dead
New login screen suddenly too

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2015, 04:38:50 AM »
Now that's an interesting way to integrate lore.

Is it finally happening? Are we finally getting more than dark and mysterious pasts?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2015, 06:31:11 AM »
Black Marker Brawlers with my man Malzahar is hilarious. I take the Razorbacks and just gangbang my lane partner with them and my Voidlings and my E

« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2015, 10:50:45 PM »
These krakens are a pain in my ass to get.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »
Oh boy I can't wait to play new Fio...

*Disabled*

Sahgren

« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »
Maybe she died in story like Gangplank.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2015, 08:31:55 PM »
Speaking of Gangplank; his new splash is crushing the orange in his new hand.

Oranges make it K. Except for that.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #229 on: August 05, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »
CertainlyT:
"Mordekaiser is unhealthy for a solo lane champion so we're reworking him to function bot lane."

Man, the rage is real. Seems like people would've accepted this statement from anyone but the guy who designed Yasuo and Darius.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #230 on: August 05, 2015, 09:29:49 PM »
Not sure how I like the new Skarner rework. Initially I was excited for the passive change, but now that his full rework list is on the PBE I'm feeling a bit more antsy.
He looks a bit less viable in the current Devourer meta, as his passive on-hits have been taken away in favor of buffing how Q works, and his early-game jungle took a sideways nerf since he cools down q slower on the non-buff camps, but he can do the buff camps absurdly easily now if he has zone control (and it gives him vision to, to protect from buff-stealing).
His base stats and his w are now heavily nerfed out of Damage Skarner's favor, as the w is max health based, and his base stats took a mostly heavy nerf.
On the other hand his late-game with Devourer is even more ridiculous now that he has his passive  and his q has lower cd at later levels, but merely getting Lategame Devourer Skarner requires intense farming and hoping your teammates don't all get destroyed in their lanes, because having to help lanes reduces your farming time unless you can get lane kills, and early game skarner ganks are really terrible.

This is all balanced by the fact that they made Skarner scale really well with a Bruiser playstyle, but since the tank meta is going down the drain really fast, I dunno how much that actually helps his play on the whole, when he still has to compete with champs like Yi and Shyvana who just destroy everything if they can get farmed/fed on Devourer.

Also not helping that Cinderhulk got ANOTHER sideways nerf, so even though I can have a decent midgame as Bruiser Skarner, he drops off more lategame if I try to stack health or something (and that new hydra item is pretty much a must on a Bruiser Skarner, which scales off... you guessed it, HP)

PostEDIT: I'm actually excited for the new Morde, I was planning on exploring him next, and with the rework coming he looks fun to play botlane and troll the ADCs.
IMAGINE: Zekes on Morde Botlane. The devastation will be fucking unreal.

« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2015, 10:11:26 PM »
Razorfins Razorfins Razorfins Razorfins Razorfins

Entire wave is 10 Razorfins.

ye this mode sucks.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2015, 10:13:08 PM »
10 Razorfins suck. A single good AoE champion wrecks it.

« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2015, 10:15:03 PM »
Its more like hah wanna fight enemy champs? Nope, you got razorfins biting you. They're a pain in the ass.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2015, 03:04:56 AM »
I can never get my team to go all razorfins even when I play malzahar and it makes me super op with my voidlings and aoe

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2015, 07:10:08 AM »
I can never get my team to go all razorfins even when I play malzahar and it makes me super op with my voidlings and aoe

Personally I think the optinal comp is something like 2~3 Razorfins; a Support minion to help them not all get killed by a Viktor; and a tank minion to actually withstand tower shots and the other Razors.

All Razorfins gets screwed by something like a Garen drawing their aggro and running off somewhere while ignoreing them because passive.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2015, 06:50:56 PM »
All Tank Minions is also kind of absurd too, since they have a huge health pool and can siege really effectively.

Sahgren

« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2015, 04:54:13 AM »
Just in case anyone was thinking that League hasn't gotten big enough yet, you can watch the EU LCS finals at participating cinemas across Europe.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2015, 07:23:26 AM »
On the topic of Worlds:

You know how Imagine Dragons made Warriors for the 2014 Worlds?

Did you know it was later used as the official song of the Women's World Cup this year?

Music: Bridging ESports and Real Sports.

Also in case none of you are watching the Challenger series:

In EU Dignitas EU has autoqualified for the LCS. They did so using Gangplank. New Gangplank. Considering how much EU Baron Dances and how much Dignitas throw at Baron I don#'t expect them to last long :V [That and they far from impressed in their game]

In NA Renagades [Alex Ich's team] qualified; beating out Coast [THE CYCLE OF COAST IS BROKEN]. What's particually interesting is Alex Ich's team has a female player. Called Remilia. However she has said a few months ago if they get in that she is standing aside since she cannot commit to the LCS full-time. And of course, she's the support player. But this was a few months ago, so the situation might have changed.

But even if she does step down, since her team has qualified for the LCS that makes her LoL's first ever professional female player. THAT is a benchmark.

Also a Touhou-named account qualified for the LCS. That's a thing.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:27:30 AM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2015, 07:31:22 AM »
remilia is almost certainly not going to stick around for lcs

i can't really blame her, because you know exactly how shitty the internet is going to be the first time she misses a thresh hook on stage

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess