Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 22 - A chocolate brand collaborated with this game??  (Read 122612 times)

Well, it's not the worst thing NA has done to us.

I don't think NA is the one calling the shots on this...

MatsuriSakuragi

Normally I would agree with you, but I'm not convinced on this one. They could choose to postpone this until we have the proper version for it, and that's a delay I'd much rather have than the having one of the biggest attractions taken out for it to be rushed out early. I'd rather NA focus on getting the ults and descends we're so far behind on than rushing out content before it's fully ready, you know? I don't like the delays just like anyone else, but I understand why they're needed. Circumventing them for incomplete content just feels so counterproductive.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:31:04 PM by Guildmarm Matsri »

commandercool

• alter cool
I don't want to sound all Gungho cheerleader, but I'm finding it hard to care about this, like at all. Obviously it sucks, but it's not unexpected or unprecedented at all. And for my money (figuratively, although possibly a modest amount literally as well-I'll probably drop another token $20 when the Eva revision comes out) they have a track record of taking decent care if us when stuff like this happens.

Is Gungho's customer relations seriously considered bad? I keep comparing them to the nightmare experience of dealing with NECA in my other major hobby, tabletop gaming, and they come out smelling like roses. Obviously "lesser of two evils" isn't much to say, but I think Gungho has established themselves as thoroughly non-evil.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
I like that we get some stuff more or less at the same time as JP, especially when it's seasonal like this.  The biggest issue is that we have no MP and therefore no purchasable Claire, so we need to pressure Gungho NA into assuring us that she'll be purchasable when we get MP or shortly thereafter.  I'm reasonably sure they won't throw us to the wolves on this.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
I'm pretty sure GungHo NA really isn't behind this, after all, just like PaD Academy and Christmas we're getting this stuff at the same time as JP, and GungHo couldn't honestly leave out claire which is basically the biggest thing about the whole event.

I'm not angry, although I personally would prefer if they got the MP Shop out first but that was a dream within a dream. What will be really, really, really shitty though is if Claire isn't purchasable out of the MP Shop literally as soon as it comes out in NA. If that isn't a thing then I will be thoroughly pissed.

But somehow, I doubt even GungHo can fuck up that bad.

so we need to pressure Gungho NA into assuring us that she'll be purchasable when we get MP or shortly thereafter.

This is probably the most acceptable solution right now. The stream tomorrow would be prime time to announce it as well.

also re: 4TPA Orochi i'm not sure how to feel about it. His attack is in the doodoo range, and due to how latent awakenings calculate stuff, you can't even salvage it with that. I'm also unsure about a "quicker" Force either. typically if you use Force, the cd was long enough that you're going to commit to stalling out for it. Going in-between doesn't really do much because it's pretty hard to have it up immediately, and it loses a bit of its effectiveness.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:50:04 PM by OverlordChirei »

MatsuriSakuragi

I'd like to see some numbers that show what potential 4 TPA could have, both at 1000 atk and 1495 atk. I don't see the point in making it a thing unless it's a thing for a reason.

I'm indifferent to the new active. I think it's lazy and doesn't show what creative potential the other awokens have been getting (seriously you could have tossed in haste or something to make the active useful against the enemies that negate delay), and I think it's a shitty bubpy sink. But on the other hand, what with how skill boosts and hastes are a thing now, he's literally a bulkier Echidna with more damage potential.

The LS is meh. Too many enemies do multihits to make the resolve worth much, and it's devalued even more now that skill sets are a thing.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:57:02 PM by Guildmarm Matsri »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
This is probably the most acceptable solution right now. The stream tomorrow would be prime time to announce it as well.

also re: 4TPA Orochi i'm not sure how to feel about it. His attack is in the doodoo range, and due to how latent awakenings calculate stuff, you can't even salvage it with that. I'm also unsure about a "quicker" Force either. typically if you use Force, the cd was long enough that you're going to commit to stalling out for it. Going in-between doesn't really do much because it's pretty hard to have it up immediately, and it loses a bit of its effectiveness.

4TPA Orochi is the strongest TPA critter in the game.  Not by much, but he's even stronger than Vishnu (according to some napkin maths, and assuming the comparison is done at +297).  Naturally the caveat here is without TPA he's weak as hell, but still.

Re: shorter cooldown Force, we're trading one turn of Force delay for 5 turn cooldown, which is pretty huge imo.  There's a gulf of difference between 15 turns and 20; the former is pretty easily achievable in a couple rounds, especially these days when everything has multiple skill boosts and some stuff has haste baked in as well.  I think it makes him much more usable overall.

commandercool

• alter cool
Provided the math on his prongs-versus-attack ratio works out, and apparently it does, I like him. I think this skill is much better. His colors make him kind of Ra and White Sonia friendly, but his whole attack situation does not, which is weird. Not sure where I'd put him. Is there a blue TPA lead? I guess Blodin kind of works, but Blodin/Blodin has a pretty low attack modifier.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MatsuriSakuragi

Skuld is a blue tpa lead, as is UmiYama. The latter could use him well if you're packing healers for Sun Quan to buff since Orochi is really bulky, but would you really need two delay makers?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Provided the math on his prongs-versus-attack ratio works out, and apparently it does, I like him. I think this skill is much better. His colors make him kind of Ra and White Sonia friendly, but his whole attack situation does not, which is weird. Not sure where I'd put him. Is there a blue TPA lead? I guess Blodin kind of works, but Blodin/Blodin has a pretty low attack modifier.

blue tpa lead?

skuld

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

yooo someone lock dis we at 1k

MatsuriSakuragi

lok