Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragon Ball Z - Episode 10  (Read 116198 times)

Re: Puzzle and Dragon Ball Z - Episode 10
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2014, 08:33:48 PM »
Start grinding Hyperion Lava Flow, I'm suddenly one million coins poorer just from + eggs costs alone!

What I do to avoid going broke is I wait until I have like 5-6 guys for plus fodder, then take one of them and merge them together. I do this until they're like +12~20 and then feed *that* to the main 'mon that I intend to receive the +. You'll still feel your wallet hurt, but not as much as if you keep feeding one at a time, especially at high +.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 04:05:57 AM »
Given that I'm only a few days in, what should I be hanging onto from my early drops? Is there anything I'm going to want for later?  What are Tamadras for and how many should I have? What about +1 monsters? How rare exactly are they, and how long should I wait before using them?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 04:14:48 AM »
Given that I'm only a few days in, what should I be hanging onto from my early drops? Is there anything I'm going to want for later?  What are Tamadras for and how many should I have? What about +1 monsters? How rare exactly are they, and how long should I wait before using them?
What all have you gotten from the Rare Egg Machine so far? 

TAMADRAs are special material monsters that won't matter until you have a monster in its final evolution.  At that point, most obtain what are known as 'Awakenings', special passive boosts to damage, HP, RCV, or other nice effects.  It seems common to hve a bunch when you dont need em, and never enough when you want them.  They're also worth 10,000 Exp.  (15,000 for Light monsters)

What dungeon are you in and what does your current team look like?  A decent very-beginning-game monster might be the Red Goblin(or Samurai Goblin if you evo it once) since it carries Attack Stance-Fire.  Likewise for a defensive option, the Blue/Marine Goblin is good for Defense Stance - Water.  They won't be useful past the first few dungeons, but at least it'd give you some orb manipulation.

Depending on how far you are some of that might not apply exactly as stated.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 04:21:52 AM »

If it's 2 stars or less it's most likely trash that you're going to dump later, with the exception of your starter dragon if you're still using it. If can go to  3* and up, it might have a niche somewhere. It's really a case by case basis though. Don't be afraid to ask about it.

TAMADRAs are for unlocking the skills of your guys when they're fully evolved. They can range from stat boosts to free heals to taking the number of turns you have to wait for a skill to come the first time around. I wouldn't go out of way for them early on, in fact, if you know that a letter contains a tama, don't open it, or it'll take up space.

+1 monsters, are monsters with a bonus stat somewhere. If you feed a +1 to another +1, it'll become a +2 with both stat boosts. It's reccomended you concentrate all your +s in one guy. However, feeding +s is expensive, so try to minimize the amount of + feeding you do.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2014, 04:35:00 AM »
What all have you gotten from the Rare Egg Machine so far? 

Sea Serpent. I've only used it once. I have ten magic stones.

TAMADRAs are special material monsters that won't matter until you have a monster in its final evolution.  At that point, most obtain what are known as 'Awakenings', special passive boosts to damage, HP, RCV, or other nice effects.  It seems common to hve a bunch when you dont need em, and never enough when you want them.  They're also worth 10,000 Exp.  (15,000 for Light monsters)

Oh, okay. The game has given me one a day so far, and nothing is anywhere near fully evolved, so I might just feed them and hope I keep gaining them at this rate for later. Right now they don't seem to be worth the slots.

What dungeon are you in and what does your current team look like?  A decent very-beginning-game monster might be the Red Goblin(or Samurai Goblin if you evo it once) since it carries Attack Stance-Fire.  Likewise for a defensive option, the Blue/Marine Goblin is good for Defense Stance - Water.  They won't be useful past the first few dungeons, but at least it'd give you some orb manipulation.

I'm on Demeter Forest. This is my team:

Sea Serpent 29
Brachio 13
Pyro Demon 9
Yellow Carbuncle 6
Black Fighter 8

It seems pretty terrible. Only the Sea Serpent and Pyro Demon have anything resembling damage output, but I haven't really picked up anything better to replace the dead weight yet. Or maybe I have and I just don't know what to look for.

If it's 2 stars or less it's most likely trash that you're going to dump later, with the exception of your starter dragon if you're still using it. If can go to  3* and up, it might have a niche somewhere. It's really a case by case basis though. Don't be afraid to ask about it.

So the evolution materials are easily replaced then? My box is mostly clogged with Dragon Seeds, Dragon Plants, Dragon Fruits, and various masks right now.

TAMADRAs are for unlocking the skills of your guys when they're fully evolved. They can range from stat boosts to free heals to taking the number of turns you have to wait for a skill to come the first time around. I wouldn't go out of way for them early on, in fact, if you know that a letter contains a tama, don't open it, or it'll take up space.

Oh, good call. I'll just stop opening the letters until I need them.

+1 monsters, are monsters with a bonus stat somewhere. If you feed a +1 to another +1, it'll become a +2 with both stat boosts. It's reccomended you concentrate all your +s in one guy. However, feeding +s is expensive, so try to minimize the amount of + feeding you do.

I have two so far. What should I do with them? Leave them for later? Combine them so they take up one slot?

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2014, 04:52:47 AM »
Combine the + monsters would be a good idea.

As for the materials, Dragon Seeds are fairly useless past the first few levels, Dragon Plants are insanely important, because they evolve Pengdras which are the single best way to get monster EXP outside of Jewel Dragon Dungeons, though you won't get to that until you're past the Castle of Satan and into the Technical Dungeons. Dragon Fruits are somewhat important as in they're fairly hard to get but also aren't really used for much, they only appear in very high level dungeons or in the thursday dungeon.

As far as masks go, normal masks are easy to get, Demon masks are rather tricky, but doable, you should try to keep any Divine Masks you get because they can be fairly annoying to get (I spent 2 weeks farming for a red one) and Mystic Masks should essentially be hoarded.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2014, 06:41:19 AM »
Sea Serpent. I've only used it once. I have ten magic stones.

Oh, okay. The game has given me one a day so far, and nothing is anywhere near fully evolved, so I might just feed them and hope I keep gaining them at this rate for later. Right now they don't seem to be worth the slots.
Don't feed those TAMAs. Use like 5 magic stones on box space. Considering that we are long overdue for Egyptian, the next godfest might actually be worth it.
because they evolve Pengdras which are the single best way to get monster EXP outside of Jewel Dragon Dungeons,
Evolving Pengdra is not as effective as you might think. Getting the dragons and plants for it will take up a bunch of stamina which you might as well have used on doing T4/5 dungeons and getting the possibility of +1s and rank exp.
Also the best are globe dragons.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2014, 06:47:18 AM »
Well yeah, Snow Globe Dragons are the absolute best but come on, how often do we get one of these? :V

Unless you're actively asking for Friend Presents, of course.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2014, 07:40:22 AM »
I would say King Carnival at a high rank is best personally because at least those are farmable :p

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2014, 11:15:43 AM »
finally evolved my DQXQ in my alt

yaaay

on another note please pal egg machine give me a devilit already

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2014, 11:42:03 AM »
Don't feed those TAMAs. Use like 5 magic stones on box space. Considering that we are long overdue for Egyptian, the next godfest might actually be worth it.

If I do that I won't be able to afford using the machine to try to fish for godfest stuff though. I only have enough points for two tries right now.

Also I just got a Baby Tamadra. What's different about that one? Does it do something different?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2014, 11:43:11 AM »
If I do that I won't be able to afford using the machine to try to fish for godfest stuff though. I only have enough points for two tries right now.

Also I just got a Baby Tamadra. What's different about that one? Does it do something different?

50% chance to awaken compared to a normal, can evo into a normal tama.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »
The next godfest might be worth it, but a couple of stones should go into box space now. You'll get some stones back next event anyway.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
50% chance to awaken compared to a normal, can evo into a normal tama.

In other words, evolving them is a hassle just feed those babies to your mons and hope for the best 8)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2014, 12:35:47 PM »
The next godfest might be worth it, but a couple of stones should go into box space now. You'll get some stones back next event anyway.

I just noticed the current rare  machine conditions, decided that I was tired of sitting on these stones, and tried twice on the rare machine fishing for a good Light monster to replace my crappy one. I didn't get a light creature, but I did get a +1 Slyph and a Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie. Are either of those any good? Valkyrie seems kind of neat, but she costs as much as my entire team right now, so I don't know if she'll be exceptional by the time I can actually use her.

Also, what are metal dragons for?

Are the snow globe dragons any good for battlin', or are they just food?

Should I be doing anything with the space invader-looking guys from the current collaboration? I got a blue one, is it useful for anything?

What are the odds your skills will power up when you feed something with the same skill? I fed my Pyro Demon something else with Bomb that I got out of the Pal Machine, but I didn't notice that his Bomb got any better.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2014, 12:43:39 PM »
I just noticed the current rare  machine conditions, decided that I was tired of sitting on these stones, and tried twice on the rare machine fishing for a good Light monster to replace my crappy one. I didn't get a light creature, but I did get a +1 Slyph and a Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie. Are either of those any good? Valkyrie seems kind of neat, but she costs as much as my entire team right now, so I don't know if she'll be exceptional by the time I can actually use her.

Festivals are kind of terrible and not worth rolling for. I am like the one exception because I did that once and got both Chiyome and Shiva.

But ask me how murako fest went. Fucking ask me.

As for your pulls- Sylph is meidocre, tbh. She'll probably be somewhat useful and endgame her awakenings are p.okay. You can make use of her.

Blue Valk is... not the greatest pull at this point, but a stupid random lucky pull. Her active is great and as a leader skill you can make an easy burst healer team. So...yeah, that's not a bad pull actually.

Metal Dragons are food. Snow globes are usable 2x hp/Rcv leaders, but mostly food with how common those are becoming, the space invaders can be used as subs because they have some neat skills and at this point they're good for you.

Skill ups are 10% normally, 20% with x2. It's awful.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2014, 12:47:36 PM »

Ahahahahahahahah you got a valk so early :getdown:

Valkyries are great. Use her as you please.

Sylph is situationally good for its skill, I suppose?

Also, what are metal dragons for?

Literally EXP fodder. Small metal dragons are pretty much worthless though, at only 1000 EXP a piece. Just fuse them on to weak stuff.

Also sometimes used as evolution material.

Are the snow globe dragons any good for battlin', or are they just food?

Snow globe dragons have good leader skills (they basically have the same leader skills as the Archangel series, x2 HP and RCV for their color, which is pretty great when you pair it with a friend of the same kind), but overall have poor stats. Use them as EXP fodder on the same color. (It's 1,000,000 EXP at max level for off color, 1,500,000 for same color.)

Should I be doing anything with the space invader-looking guys from the current collaboration? I got a blue one, is it useful for anything?

For the point where you are, collect the red and green ones and evolve them. Double Attack Stance skills are super useful.

What are the odds your skills will power up when you feed something with the same skill? I fed my Pyro Demon something else with Bomb that I got out of the Pal Machine, but I didn't notice that his Bomb got any better.

Low. Very, annoyingly, extremely low. This is one thing that makes me really angry about PAD honestly, because it's so intentionally obtuse and difficult to do sometimes. Especially for REM monsters who only get skillups only from invades (aka "random appearances") in event dungeons. You'd be lucky to get one or two and extremely lucky for the skillup to actually happen.

EDIT: eh, chaore beat me. Whatever, still posting

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2014, 03:07:28 PM »
poring tower returns!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2014, 03:14:38 PM »
poring tower returns!

I thought we were overdue for it. Good hing I got another Valkyrie. Not I have a 2nd copy of every heartbreaker to feed. Got an Angelion as well as a 2nd Vampire Lord. If I feel like it, I can even feed yet another mermaid, but I already have three blue heartmakers, so I doubt I will.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »
Saori, reincarnation of Athena
Healer / God
Active: heal to light orbs and dark to heal orbs.
LS: 3.5x ATK when below 99% HP
holy shit who needs valk

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2014, 03:44:01 PM »
holy crap

dat god

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2014, 03:53:27 PM »
So now we have Athena and her incarnation.

MAYBE WE'LL GET SEIRYUU, KIRIN, KOURYUU AND THE OTHER ACTUAL CHINESE GODS TOO GUYS!

(And obviously, Kirin is essentially a better version of Sakuya, because why not.)

Yes I'm aware this is of the Saint Seiya Collab, I'm just joking.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:55:54 PM by Sacchi Kuroi »

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »
holy crap

dat god
also she has light row awakening, skill bind resist, and TWO skill boosts

pretty much no reason to run valk over her unless you really need the low cooldown

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 04:37:27 PM »
So she's the 1% roll?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »
also she has light row awakening, skill bind resist, and TWO skill boosts

pretty much no reason to run valk over her unless you really need the low cooldown

Valk would still have a place there as a sub(to break Saori's hearts,) unless you want to Patricia instead.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2014, 05:04:27 PM »
Poring tower is coming back omg

I am gonna get SO much revenge from last time and breeze through it

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2014, 05:04:53 PM »
Poring tower is coming back omg

I am gonna get SO much revenge from last time and breeze through it

What happened last time?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2014, 05:26:31 PM »
What happened last time?
demons happened :V

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2014, 06:09:15 PM »
poring tower fucking finally

max skilled valk here i goooooo

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2014, 08:22:35 PM »

What do you know.
Weekly complaining about TOO MANY DEVILITS (I got another one out of the goddamn egg machine today the hell) finally paid off.