Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition  (Read 113866 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2014, 03:05:46 PM »
From what I understand, the TAMADRA only targets leaders in trifruits, so if you stall too hard the leaders end up bound for 30 turns or something.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2014, 03:16:15 PM »
Unless you're rocking double awoken Metatrons  :V
Maybe now I stand a chance but I really want some better light healer subs, my 2nd Megatron is waiting for another goddamn dubmythlit so there's that.  Venus/Unicorn/Angelion/etc plz :(

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
Tried twinlits again

First time accidentally killed wave one because I was dumb

Second time was fine

So I can farm twinlits now yay

although it still costs 50 stam >_>

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »
Think I could tackle twinlits with Kirin?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2014, 05:36:38 PM »
What did mastering used to have that warranted being nerfed anyway?

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
I think it was just active skill cooldown to prevent lol orb refresh spam teams

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2014, 05:49:16 PM »
I think it was just active skill cooldown to prevent lol orb refresh spam teams

Judging from this it could still work at max skill levels, though really only in tricolor.

For those with more money than sense, this also means that Badtz-Maru/Mastering/Mastering/Mastering/Mastering/Badtz-Maru is a viable Takeminakata team. :V

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2014, 05:54:57 PM »
dat HP

Even Lucifer is jelly :V

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 06:51:51 PM »
dat HP

Even Lucifer is jelly :V

;w; one day, we'll have a super awesome lucifer ulti that gives him a boost to hp (or rcv) in his leader skill

one...day... ;w;

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »
I effing hate twinlits... Its just that stupid first floor. Game either skyfall obliterates the firt floor, or screws me by making me start with bogus orbs.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »
I effing hate twinlits... Its just that stupid first floor. Game either skyfall obliterates the firt floor, or screws me by making me start with bogus orbs.

I'm rolling them from the PAL Egg Machine.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2014, 11:04:17 PM »
I'm rolling them from the PAL Egg Machine.

...have you actually gotten one? I've been trying with no luck.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2014, 11:14:15 PM »
Has anyone in NA even done it yet?

Also I tried twinlits for laughs and wow fuck that first floor that is AWFUL

Also fuck shrine of spirits in general-- all I need are fucking sapphlits and Dub-Mythlits. I've run both dungeons about 5 times each AND HAVE NOT GOT A SINGLE ONE OF EITHER YET

What, NOW the game wants to give me Amelits now that I no longer need them to skill up Vamp, who I maxed out today? God damn.

EDIT: Make that six. Fucking hell.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:20:43 PM by Mishou Maisuri »

Chaore

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2014, 11:41:01 PM »
Has anyone in NA even done it yet?

Also I tried twinlits for laughs and wow fuck that first floor that is AWFUL

According to Edible, Yes.

Legitimacy of the claims though, under review. >> I could used a dubmyth anyway, No skin off my back losing some possible kings.

Also yeah twinlits floor 1 is hell. You basically have to kill everything except don't do that because the next floor is worse so you need skills.

Bind immunity trivialises it though. Now if only I wasn't too stubborn to give odin some damn tama.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2014, 11:50:09 PM »
No, I have not, but after hearing nothing but misery coming from that dungeon, I decided that's how I'm going to do it. At least, the moment I get something that needs them besides Unicorn.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2014, 11:52:21 PM »
Two EVA pulls, two maris.

One of them is + 1 but uhh ueah screw this collab.

Chaore

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 12:04:57 AM »
No, I have not, but after hearing nothing but misery coming from that dungeon, I decided that's how I'm going to do it. At least, the moment I get something that needs them besides Unicorn.

yeah the best way to handle twinlits is not needing them imo

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 12:25:46 AM »
I haven't run twinlits enough times yet to really say this for certain, but Isis seems to be the perfect leader for running it. You don't have a chance of being orb screwed like Zeus because you're rainbow. You also don't care about binds and can easily kill the tamadra without risking messing up your board with bind clears + poison. And only have to charge for a few small number of turns with skill boosts.

and then as soon as i say that i lose by getting a 12 combo skyfall on stage 1 rofl

omg this Isis I paired up with isn't fully awakened goddammit man

shit this time i didn't do enough damage to the final boss bleh maybe i should stick with Bastet Isis

tried again, beat it but I actually got a huge skyfall and still barely killed the devilit. stage 1 i actually killed by accident after 3 turns but i had so many skill boosts that i had actives up before the dublits could attack :V

oh shit i forgot my tengu is only level 10 no wonder it barely hits for anything :V
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:58:21 AM by Suikama »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2014, 02:01:21 AM »
Think I could tackle twinlits with Kirin?

Just saw this, lol no, not unless you use kirin and something else as a team leader... but even then it's risky as fuu since kirin needs 4 orb colours...I have bad enough luck getting enough lights or whatever when I try haku instead.

But double kirin no because if you do the bare minimum 4 colour combo, you'll probably curbstomp the first floor on the first turn, and if you don't do it on one turn, you're bound and dead unless you're one of those cheating freaks on youtube who somehow have all the trash attack in 2 turns instead of 1... every time I try it absolutely all of them except MAYBE 1 attack in 1.. what gives.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2014, 02:05:41 AM »
risky as fuu

so risky

are you sure you didn't mean something else

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2014, 02:24:44 AM »
Sorry, don't get it at all. I don't watch anime or read manga if that's what your joke is based on.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2014, 02:30:04 AM »
Spoiler:
That puzzlemon's name is Fuu, one of the sticker REM girls

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2014, 03:24:15 AM »
Sorry, don't get it at all. I don't watch anime or read manga if that's what your joke is based on.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=423

:colbert:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2014, 03:26:15 AM »
oh, I ignore healer girls cuz I just don't see how they're useful. Their stats are awful, and while you can turn hearts into something else you want via heartbreaker, I don't know if I really want to spend 2 subs just for one orb change.

And their cute-o-meter isn't even effing close to particularly cute characters like lakshmi, suzaku, dark ceres, etc (who all also have better stats).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:27:51 AM by Ghaleon »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2014, 03:34:25 AM »
oh, I ignore healer girls cuz I just don't see how they're useful. Their stats are awful,

uhh final form fuu's stats are actually pretty great for a healer

and while you can turn hearts into something else you want via heartbreaker, I don't know if I really want to spend 2 subs just for one orb change.

clearly you don't do row enhances much? Because orb changes are the bread and butter of that shit.

And their cute-o-meter isn't even effing close to particularly cute characters like lakshmi, suzaku, dark ceres, etc (who all also have better stats).

why are you comparing the stats of non-gods to gods and acting like you're making a point with it

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2014, 03:41:44 AM »
As "good for a healer" as her stats are, valkyrie's are better, who does not require 5 magic stones to obtain, and has a sub element.

Row enhancing, as mentioned, is only good if you can stack a whole bunch, and I cannot, and even if I could, my only burst leader is haku, who requires at least 3 colours to do her thing, in which case even if I could get 4+ row enhances, that will only power up 1/3 of the elements I'm forced to use in my team.

comparing gods to non-gods? I compare her to gods because I cannot get em without rolling one less time for a godfest. Furthermore, you're newer so you (hopefully) have lower rank, which means lower teamsize, which means the only downside to being a god over non-god is teamcost...Currently my only limitation to teamsize is # of 60 cost descend monsters to # of god ratio (unless creature is so useful despite not being a god that I must have anyway like ecchinida..and...uhh...ecchinida).

I'll just drop it if you want to be patronizing about this though. I have my reasons.

But if it makes you feel better, no I haven't memorized the names of every single character that I apologized in advance for not memorizing.. HOW DARE ME.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2014, 03:46:26 AM »
oh my god never mind

by the way not everyone is able to just do descends out of thin air so you can take your own patronizing tone and take it down about a dozen notches

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2014, 03:52:28 AM »
oh my god never mind

by the way not everyone is able to just do descends out of thin air so you can take your own patronizing tone and take it down about a dozen notches

I said I ignore them.. not that you should, or everyone should.

So yeah, I'm re-reading everything....
oh, I ignore healer girls cuz I just don't see how they're useful.

Regardless of what I just said, I can see how that would look patronizing. I didn't mean it that way beyond "how they're useful for me"... Sorry.

Honestly, I'll normally be the first guy who "takes descends for granted" who will appreciate stuff for low cost, and obtainable mediums, etc...I've said it plenty of times in these threads... dont make me link em though cuz too many effing posts too often! On example that comes to mind though is way back I was saying minerva is a pile of dung, and said how she's worse in every way to odin, but cannot be obtained easier since they're both gods.. and then edible said odin as a godfest only god only gets 1x instead of 3x.. but more importantly (to me), her cost is way lower... this sold me instantly and tbh, to this day, I look at her in a whole new light (I want her... particularly for valkytty which I'll prob never get).

But yeah, Sorry....I still think you were patronizing too though =P.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:02:10 AM by Ghaleon »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2014, 04:10:03 AM »
Well, people have taken sticker girl teams and 0-stoned Zeus with them, or so I heard. Also, Just because it only powers up one color, doesn't mean it's 1/3 of your team. Between Duke/Joker and Echidna, everything's covered, so you can do whatever you want after that if you want row enhances.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2014, 04:21:57 AM »
well, the lead will have to be haku sinc ethat's what I mentioned, and the sub is pretty much limited to haku or isis which is all I have that's haku compatible for whatever that is threatening to me. stuff like zeus would require a manditory 4th element which isn't ideal...tamdra and whatever else with a drawback may be useable but atm I can't think of a situation where their drawback isn't unacceptable over their burst potential over simply another haku.

don't count kaku's new row attack, it's brand effing new, and we haven't gotten healer girls since then...

That basically leaves me with 2 subs only to get at least 4 row attacks, at which point it merely breaks even...which...is my point.

edit: btw oarfish can you please host your op zeus if and when you get the chance if you're on within 2hours ploz? I can waste 50 stam one more time and then qq about twinlits one more time before tomorrow!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:27:14 AM by Ghaleon »