Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition  (Read 114182 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2014, 04:46:33 AM »
oh hey gungho collab

so many bastet skill ups

oh shit and free row dragon

Oh hey and isis skill ups. Guess the fact i'm not getting many isis dudes from eva is okay now.

« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2014, 04:47:22 AM »
Oh, the row enhances are what was appealing to me since I know if I stack those up I can pull off some nice numbers.  I'd probably stick to the dual-attribute versions since I won't be able to handle Trifruits for a LONG time yet.Who's that in the fifth slot there?  I can't seem to make them out. 
its hamahime

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2014, 07:56:28 AM »
So, Firedragon Grand Tyrannos Vs Twin Star Flame Ifrit, which is the better evo for lategame? I'm aware that the ifrit evo is going to be out of my reach forever (trifruits, yay) but I wanna have an idea of "do I invest into getting the Ifrit when the gift from heaven dungeon shows up or not" 'cause regular Ifrit loses to Firedragon Tyrannos is just about every way until level 75~
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:58:08 AM by Sacchi Hikaru »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2014, 08:49:51 AM »
Still not getting Takeminakata drops. Maybe I should just prepare to throw a stone at the 100% difficulty...

« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »
tyrannos pls

there's a reason why Ifrit is a Late-bloomer.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2014, 02:06:07 PM »
Sandalphon

2645/1207/615, God type, Healer sub type
S: 2x ATK for healer team for 2 turns and damage reduction(max CD at 15 turns)
SL: 1.5x HP, 2.5x ATK for healer type

Finally an interesting descend god and a possible buff to Healer teams. 2x atk over 2 turns is roughly equivalent to 3x + 1x atk (with the difference being that you'll have to spread out your orb changers, but that does work with double valk teams) and also he has good awakenings which makes him a great King Shynee replacement. With Venus, Princess Valkitty > Echidna, and Sandy > King Shynee that's 3 row awakenings. 4 with the new Unicorn.

Now if only Light Meta actually had row awakenings like Dmeta >_>

hah and funny enough the dungeon it self has like a million binds so Lmeta is perfect for it

as is Isis BV
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:39:59 PM by Suikama »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2014, 03:39:11 PM »
God damn, that might be the first descend boss I actually have a regular use for since... hera-is?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »
I two-stoned takeminakata legend!!

... And didn't get the drop.

But that's fine, now that I know how to do it I can probably one-stone it or less. I must try again!

« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »
So even if I'm not getting to skill up Ardbeg, running the dungeon on Expert seems to be quite effective for me in terms of getting things leveled. Should probably put a checklist of what I need here, just so I can refer back to it:

Code: [Select]
  Keeper of Rainbow x2
+ Mystic Mask x2
+ moltdras for levels
+ things I already have
-------------------------------------
  Awoken Hera-Ur
+ Goemon, the Thief
+ Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie

I've got Great Valkyrie maxed already and am working on levels for the other two, so I should probably focus more on evo mats now. Time to get busy!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:47:10 PM by Koishi Komerdji »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2014, 11:00:36 PM »
Takeminakata two-stoned again!

...and still no fucking drop. :/

I'd try again but Fast Fanatic's TAMApurin isn't available anymore. What are the limits on when friends do and don't show up, anyway?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:03:21 PM by Mishou Maisuri »

« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2014, 11:04:05 PM »
Mythical Take isn't that much harder if you get crazy skyfalls and pair with a Kushi or Anubis

Also you get 1 use for each friend, but it recharges as soon as they do something. So if you're both online at the same time they will be constantly up.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
You're implying that I get crazy skyfalls :v

The last round I just did, I think I only once ever passed a 10 combo and that was against Kano :v

« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2014, 11:10:19 PM »
well at least you only have to pass 8 with D/L anubis :derp:

also you can think of it this way. Either you spend 4 stones and who else how many more for a chance at take on legend, or you spend a few more like maybe 6-7 stones for a guaranteed take drop.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2014, 11:15:29 PM »
I only have 3 left and don't feel like spending more right now. (I already bought a 6pack when I did the first round, so.) I think I'll take my chances one more time and call it a loss if it doesn't work this time around, and build up my team so it's actually capable of no-stoning it next time. My team is actually pretty underleveled, so.  (And furthermore I don't have a D/L Anubis friend unless you've got one)

(it would be nice to have the extra RCV at any rate)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2014, 11:27:43 PM »
So even if I'm not getting to skill up Ardbeg, running the dungeon on Expert seems to be quite effective for me in terms of getting things leveled. Should probably put a checklist of what I need here, just so I can refer back to it:

Code: [Select]
  Keeper of Rainbow x3
+ Keeper of Flame x1
+ Dub-mythlit x1
+ Dragon Fruit x2
+ Mystic Mask x2
+ Crimson Demon Mask x1
+ moltdras for levels
+ things I already have
-------------------------------------
  Awoken Hera-Ur
+ Goemon, the Thief
+ Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie

I've got Great Valkyrie maxed already and am working on levels for the other two, so I should probably focus more on evo mats now. Time to get busy!

I heavily recommend using PADherder. They have a thing to keep track of stuff like that.

I only have 3 left and don't feel like spending more right now. (I already bought a 6pack when I did the first round, so.) I think I'll take my chances one more time and call it a loss if it doesn't work this time around, and build up my team so it's actually capable of no-stoning it next time. My team is actually pretty underleveled, so.  (And furthermore I don't have a D/L Anubis friend unless you've got one)

(it would be nice to have the extra RCV at any rate)

I'd probably just wait. With the teams you have it doesn't seem like he'll be more than a just a trophy. He's also light on a 5mil xp curve, and who wants to go out of their way to deal with that? I got my Take the 2nd time he appear and I still haven't maxed him. Granted I was only feeding him trash, but stil...

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2014, 11:32:18 PM »
She mains a Light Physical tamapurin team so having Take would be a good sub and not just a trophy

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2014, 11:38:25 PM »
Not gonna be a trophy, actually. I'm gonna be working on this team here, in fact. (Or the Goemon team, but that's riskier and ehhhh.) Especially since I have pretty much everything necessary for it and Takeminakata's getting a huge buff soon in that his LS will trigger as long as HP is less than 99%. Which is gonna be really, really neat.

As much as I adore my DMeta and league of Attackers, it comes at the price of being immensely squishy. With a Takeminakata Physical team, I'm going to be extra bulky instead. And honestly, a bulky team capable of super overkill sounds fun to me.

She mains a Light Physical tamapurin team so having Take would be a good sub and not just a trophy

Leader actually! Tama will be the sub instead. Since Take's getting a buff I may as well make him the leader and reap the benefits of not having wrecked RCV.

And actually I main a DMeta attacker team but as I said, that's super squishy and doesn't play nicely with heavy hitters. >_o
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:41:19 PM by Mishou Maisuri »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2014, 11:42:53 PM »
I've been tackling Legend all day and still no drops. I'm honored that you're using my TAMADRApurin, though!

I might just prepare to throw a couple stones at Mythical. I hit 1.2 million damage on him with Regulus alone and I'll also have Kirin's gravity and three other light mobs attacking with it.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2014, 11:44:18 PM »
Oh, sweet, you're back. Let's try again!

« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2014, 11:47:10 PM »
the goemon variant pretty much requires him to be skilled up so yeah good luck with that

but yeah buffed take is a solid choice especially if you have the physical light rem dudes like fuma, apollo, and thor

oh yeah free tamadra tommorow for anyone who can clear breakers with 4 1-star gokuseifukutrash mobs + any leader of their choice
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:49:47 PM by Suikama »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2014, 11:53:20 PM »
Fuck no drop this time either

God damn it I am willing to try once more because even if I still two-stoned I fucking STOMPED him

but I will at least wait a couple hours for my stamina to build up to 50, no need to waste a stone on that much

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2014, 11:53:50 PM »
the goemon variant pretty much requires him to be skilled up so yeah good luck with that

but yeah buffed take is a solid choice especially if you have the physical light rem dudes like fuma, apollo, and thor

oh yeah free tamadra tommorow for anyone who can clear breakers with 4 1-star gokuseifukutrash mobs + any leader of their choice

the limit for breakers is 200k points

so i think you need a good combo score too? unno, haven't bothered with scoring

« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2014, 11:56:30 PM »
Who are you losing the two stones to?

the limit for breakers is 200k points

so i think you need a good combo score too? unno, haven't bothered with scoring
If you have one 7 star leader, one 6 star friend leader and four 1 star then that's already 200k points by default. If you have two 7 star leaders and four 1 star mobs then you get like 180k points and the other 20k points can be made up by beating the stage in 15ish turns which shouldn't be too hard.

The main issue is hoping the two breakers aren't synced, cause it's unlikely you'll be able to break 14k HP with just your two leaders unless you're running Satan or something.

« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2014, 11:58:33 PM »
I heavily recommend using PADherder. They have a thing to keep track of stuff like that.
It expects you to update all of your monsters on that sheet manually, though, which is precisely why I haven't used mine in forever.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2014, 11:59:31 PM »
I have consistently needed a stone against Divinegon so far. The other times have been against the demons (fucked up a combo and ended up on the wrong end of Sucker Punch/Chop Off), Kano (whoops), and Take himself (didn't quite kill him and he nailed me with his ultimate attack).

« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2014, 12:01:38 AM »
If you're getting messed over by his bind attack you could always pair with my Isis  (◡‿◡✿)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2014, 12:03:11 AM »
oops wrong team
Against the Divinegon I either one shot it or end up not killing it entirely and he binds half my team. On one hand, I kinda wish my TAMADRApurin wasn't bind immune so I could regain my recovery if I stalled it out, but then if I chip it out I get gibbed by the demons...

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2014, 12:06:06 AM »
Your team is a lot stronger than mine, ahahahah

I'm running:
TAMADRApurin (no awakenings)
King Bubblie (good for Take-stompin')
Ulti Siegfried (water and lots of it)
Gigas (pretty much HP stat stick)
Regulus (also stat stick and complements TAMApurins)
TAMADRApurin (Fast Fanatic's maxed out one)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2014, 12:23:43 AM »
I give up
I went for Mythical, tossed a stone at Divinegon and Kano because ow what the hell damage.
TAMADRApurin leaders, Regulus, and Sakuya all had the same cooldown so I just needed 12 turns total before nuking. Siren and Valkyrie were used to make the board pretty much mono-enhanced-light.

No regrets, Regulus hit for 1.4 million damage. I'm not worried about skilling Takeminakata up because TAMADRApurin still needs 15 turns anyways. And I'm not interested in a King Bubblie yet.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2014, 02:53:04 AM »
Attempt #4, one-stoned.

No drop.

s i g h

edit: yo Fast Fanatic you around I am in it to win it here so if you could be so kind to bring your TAMApurin around again that'd be great
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:58:32 AM by Mishou Maisuri »