Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 144435 times)

7TC7

• In best company
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #930 on: November 15, 2017, 03:12:23 PM »

It's mostly those that had 5 turns before, the ones that heal and stuff like that.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #931 on: November 15, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »
Ooh, spicy! Moonbow has some stiff competition in Glimmer which went from stone-cold garbage to potentially actually the best special in the game.

I wonder if this'll be enough to make the healing skills playable. Probably at least a little.

Moonbow is no longer the default for pretty much everything, that's good.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #932 on: November 15, 2017, 08:07:13 PM »
Noontime on one of those ranged tanks might be extremely good.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #933 on: November 15, 2017, 08:32:32 PM »
Astra with a 4 turn cooldown fuck yeah!  :D
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #934 on: November 15, 2017, 08:40:54 PM »
Astra still seems like a pretty hard sell. I'm more of a fan of Glacies and Ignis than most, but the biggest benefit of those is that the huge raw damage boost lets defensive or Brave weapon characters win matchups that they shouldn't (Camilla one-shots a vast majority of red units if she can manage to nail them with Glacies). I don't think Astra really does anything in cases like that, does it? Not sure where it would be best used.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #935 on: November 15, 2017, 08:41:28 PM »
The main issue with Glimmer has always been that it's a win more sort of skill since it scales off of your calculated damage rather than raw stats or enemy defenses or anything like that. But now that it's 2 CD, it could be great for blade tome mages, who usually output enough damage to bypass most enemy defenses anyway and could use the extra damage against high HP enemies or something without having to use a high CD special.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #936 on: November 15, 2017, 08:58:29 PM »
8% you say? Don't care. Let's try for Mia.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #937 on: November 15, 2017, 10:18:08 PM »
I tried going for Mia, and got Leo instead.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #938 on: November 16, 2017, 03:07:18 AM »
acquired lute, feh is now won

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #939 on: November 16, 2017, 01:34:21 PM »
Tried to go for Lute as a free roll ended up getting a 4* Tailtu, ok game. Then got a 4* Roderick from another free roll.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:39:57 PM by MewMewHeart »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #940 on: November 16, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
Takumi being a lilbich in that infernal map just like in his own gaamme. Grinding up sp to give galeforce to Camilla and see how that changes things. This map would probably be a lot easier if I had a raudrblade to give nowi.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #941 on: November 16, 2017, 02:09:11 PM »
I managed to beat Infernal with the new Flier Emblem team, but I had to put Goad Fliers on Camilla to do it. Really wish you could set different skill sets for different teams given that I use her on basically every team I play and only need Goad Fliers for this one, but oh well.

Also occurs that I probably could have avoided needing to do that by swapping out the Distant Defense 3 seal that I usually have on Easter Camilla for Speed 3. Since I wouldn't be eating two hits anyway and one wouldn't have killed me I don't think it would matter. Although another Goad Fliers is very handy, if course.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #942 on: November 16, 2017, 02:43:48 PM »
Galeforce did the trick, infernal, it wasn't that bad actually. It wasn't pure fliers because GAzura, but still counts. I might keep it on her to see how well it works, also since both my nowi and Palla have WoM. The latter I've been deliberating between WoM and swordbreaker for a long while so this may help.

Conqueror

« Reply #943 on: November 16, 2017, 09:18:34 PM »
Had trouble with this until I stuck DD3 seal on Hector and it became easy mode.

I like how the newer BHB maps are based off of actual maps. This is the one where you fight Reina and Scarlet, right?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #944 on: November 16, 2017, 11:00:42 PM »
Speaking of which, I just remembered, I need to say that it feels really nice to be playing a game that is on top of its updates, as in having simultaneous updates everywhere. This having come from PAD where we have to wait several months before finally getting what JP gets, and also yugioh which is worse where not only do we have to wait several months to catch up, we don't even get all the cards they get sometimes, having to wait entire years for some it's so stupid. It feels really, really nice. It feels like you're actually a part of or even closer to the game.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #945 on: November 17, 2017, 08:23:52 AM »
Speaking of which, I just remembered, I need to say that it feels really nice to be playing a game that is on top of its updates, as in having simultaneous updates everywhere. This having come from PAD where we have to wait several months before finally getting what JP gets, and also yugioh which is worse where not only do we have to wait several months to catch up, we don't even get all the cards they get sometimes, having to wait entire years for some it's so stupid. It feels really, really nice. It feels like you're actually a part of or even closer to the game.
I've always liked how this game does things, but lately I'm thinking that they're blowing their load, you know, showing their power creep, running out of new units to reveal, dumping a bunch of new resource types... I feel like lately they're showing all their cards in their attempt to keep people interested. I'm not sure where we go from here, and I see myself stop playing in a few months tops.

Conqueror

« Reply #946 on: November 17, 2017, 09:38:19 PM »
I don't think running out of new units is a real issue considering how many units FE has, and when FE switch comes out we'll get switch units for sure. New resource types make sense for the new upgrades as well. To me, this goes in hand with the powercreep - if new content is to be increasingly challenging, then player units need a fair chance to accomplish the new content, hence more powerful new units and upgrades for old units. I'm assuming here that we'll get upgrades later for some of the old units that got passed over this time, like Roy, Jeorge etc. I've played enough gachas/CCGs that my viewpoint here may be a bit warped though, since I'm used to the powercreep cycle.

My main concern is where they go with new game content from here. No matter how many new maps you add, they'll inevitably be cleared once you've reached a certain point in your collection, and after you've played them once there's no need to play them again. So that leads to a point where you have checkmarks on all the maps, all quests completed, and stamina sitting at full, where there's nothing to do with the new characters you want to roll because you've already cleared everything. I think Tempest was an attempt to address this by adding a "grinding" mode, but I've always been mixed on grinding events and the rewards are capped anyway. Chain challenges and squad assaults are good, but once again they're one time only deals. You could have self-imposed challenge runs, but it's not as interesting as in a regular FE game because of the simplified mechanics.

So to me, the solution is new game modes and/or new events where you can use these shiny new units you've just rolled. A tighter cycle of events just to keep players busy would be nice, even if they're as simple as tempest/gauntlet. Preferably they would release BHBs more often than once a month; I understand there's a constraint in pumping out GHBs in that you're also releasing a new unit but you can pump out BHBs comparatively easily. They could even put out reruns more frequently so there's always a BHB rerun running at all times.

As for more persistent content, there's only so much you can do here due to the nature of FE, and Arena assault already fulfills everything you want if you just want to face other player units (of course, you could try live PVP, but it'll just be people dancing around forever like in Fates PVP). But to me, part of the fun of FE is dealing with clever enemy unit placement in combination with the map, and AA is mostly stat checks and counterplay. One thing I've thought about is a Tower of Valni-type dungeon, where you have semi-randomized unit placement, but with absurdly min-maxed enemies for maximum difficulty - like Tempest Trials but on steroids. Then, at certain levels in the dungeon you'd have a treasure chest that randomly draws from a pool of rewards - maybe badges or seals or any of the new resources they're introducing. And maybe you'd get an exclusive character for clearing the dungeon. Anyway, there are a lot of ways to mess with this and it's one way of providing "grindable" content that isn't forced or time limited, but still has incentives for repeating over and over again and maybe some exclusive rewards for X clears.

Another idea I had, and one that will never get implemented, is to have a sort of user-submitted repository for challenge maps. Maybe you could have a contest that accepts submissions from the community with certain themes or constraints for each contest, and just release the winners at regular intervals. Or you could have some sort of interface that browses user-submitted maps and lets players rate them - this would require some sort of moderation though so it's highly unlikely.

Anyway there are a lot of ideas IS can use for new content. I'm excited to see what they will do with Book 2 but I'm assuming it's just new story maps, so I'm interested in when they'll think about new modes/events and such with an eye on providing more persistent content for players.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:41:40 PM by Conqueror »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #947 on: November 18, 2017, 03:48:02 AM »
I've always liked how this game does things, but lately I'm thinking that they're blowing their load, you know, showing their power creep, running out of new units to reveal, dumping a bunch of new resource types... I feel like lately they're showing all their cards in their attempt to keep people interested. I'm not sure where we go from here, and I see myself stop playing in a few months tops.

I disagree. They had a big reveal, but most of them were answering complaints that people have had since launch. Healers have been, are, and will still probably be garbage. Most of the "effective against" weapons weren't worth using especially when they weren't against the thing they were meant to fight. A lot of the old units weapons feel subpar compared to the newer units (Compare Seliph to Sigurd, Brave Roy to his dad.) The story, if you care about it, has been pretty slow. Many of the whales haven't had a lot to do lately.

They still have a lot to reveal. We're still missing two "Lord" level characters in Leif and Micaiah, as well as fan favorites like L'Arachel and Owain(Odin doesn't count.) Book 2 will probably give them another year too. New units and buffs will go a long way. I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a different event besides gauntlet's and TT. TT is so grindy, and I dislike the randomness of the gauntlets.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #948 on: November 20, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/931418494767214592

Above tweet mentions an "Children of Fate" Banner for the beginning of december. I don't think we heard about this before, and I think what this Banner will contain kinda speaks for itself.
I have no idea which of the Fates Child Characters are most popular? Any expectations of who we are most likely to get?
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #949 on: November 20, 2017, 05:53:57 PM »
I think Kanna and Shigure (first flying singer?) are basically guaranteed. Assuming it's four characters my guess would be Rhajat and Midori or something for the remainding slots? Kanna as red, Shigure as blue, Rhajat as a green mage, and Midori as an archer?

The Fates DLC campaign revolves around the child characters, doesn't it? Who's a major player in that campaign aside from Kanna and Shigure?

Edible

« Reply #950 on: November 20, 2017, 06:47:57 PM »
Let's Go Best Girl Cynthia!!!

... Oh, wrong game?  Well, they already put Shigure in, so Kana M/F is probably a given (maybe both).  Maybe the reincarnation anagram kids?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #951 on: November 20, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »
I think Kanna and Shigure (first flying singer?) are basically guaranteed. Assuming it's four characters my guess would be Rhajat and Midori or something for the remainding slots? Kanna as red, Shigure as blue, Rhajat as a green mage, and Midori as an archer?

The Fates DLC campaign revolves around the child characters, doesn't it? Who's a major player in that campaign aside from Kanna and Shigure?
Let's Go Best Girl Cynthia!!!

... Oh, wrong game?  Well, they already put Shigure in, so Kana M/F is probably a given (maybe both).  Maybe the reincarnation anagram kids?
Inigo and Owain's kids are a shoo-in imo. Probably Forrest too, or one of Ryoma/Xander's kids.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #952 on: November 21, 2017, 10:00:24 AM »
mmmhh I was really hoping the distant def seal would make its return but instead there's a close def seal which I can't say is quite as good. Well armor emblem is starting to be a thing so it may not be as irrelevant than it may have been before the halloween banner.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #953 on: November 23, 2017, 05:40:05 PM »
I made a team collage tool for android (here's a link to the google play page) if you ever need to use it for something.

Let's you do stuff like this:

first time putting something out on google play or on the internet in general some I'm kinda scared, but if something's breaky, let me know and hopefully I can get percussive maintenance it back or something

e: the old link was taken down because the logo was essentially the feh logo with a camera symbol on top, which I'll be honest I kinda saw coming but was annoying anyway. Twas a good learning experience however everever. The link is fixed though, so feel free to try it out now.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:42:49 AM by Mеа »

Edible

« Reply #954 on: November 23, 2017, 05:59:04 PM »
Oh shit, that looks sweet.  I'll grab it and check it out.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #955 on: November 23, 2017, 07:19:43 PM »
Likewise! Looks pretty fancy.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #956 on: November 23, 2017, 07:25:21 PM »
I vlike it makes the thing more readable 10/10!

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #957 on: November 23, 2017, 08:04:01 PM »
yeah... apparently some phones are 2longg so they get extra fluff on top and below. So now I have to go make sure people can define the crop rect themselves if necessary, kinda unfortunate but such is mobile dev I guess. It's a good experience if anything.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #958 on: November 24, 2017, 02:17:55 PM »
"Hmm, this Michalis battle on Infernal is pretty tough. None of of the strategies I've tried so far have really gotten close.

Oh wait duh, I have a Flier Emblem team now."

-First try clear with Flier Emblem.

Balanced!

Edit:

Collage tool lookin' good!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 02:27:53 PM by commandercool »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #959 on: November 24, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »
The app crashed on my phone after I picked an image. I have a Xiaomi MI 5s, in case someone else here runs into this problem. I sent you more detailed specs in PM.