Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 144370 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #870 on: November 08, 2017, 12:30:12 AM »
If she was in Awakening then it's as a non-canon DLC cameo, which I think is true of a significant chunk of the Heroes cast.

Maybe Black Knight in green armor and wrapped in lights with a star on his head?

If I got to pick one long-shot aside from Camilla wearing a wrapping paper dress it would be Santa Wrys with a bad fake beard and a bag full of giftwrapped vulneraries.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #871 on: November 08, 2017, 09:22:15 PM »
The last few Chain Challenges are REALLY horseshit. I just went into the final floor of 11+12-3 with 1.5 full teams remaining and still lost. Even my strongest Brave/Desperation characters couldn't even come close to one-shotting disadvantaged enemies.

Oh well, not a bad thing I guess. Means I always have something to work on. 

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #872 on: November 09, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »
Halloween banner has broken the higher tiers of the arena. It's 100% Armor March teams 100% of the time now. Well, time to dust off Selena I guess.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #873 on: November 09, 2017, 06:13:51 PM »
Halloween banner has broken the higher tiers of the arena. It's 100% Armor March teams 100% of the time now. Well, time to dust off Selena I guess.
Ugh...... no... why... can't they just be taken out by magic users?  :ohdear:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #874 on: November 09, 2017, 06:23:02 PM »
Well, some of them have high resistance, and given that they're primarily fielded by whales they tend to have a very high rate of Distant Counter and often Wary Fighter or Vantage. Which means that while mages are helpful they're not a sure thing by any means since they tend to die from a sneeze from a massively buffed armor character. And the sets those characters tend to run make avoiding eating counter hits tricky. 

Selena may be niche, but at least she tends to take very little damage from most armor characters while being able to hit them pretty hard in return.

I've been considering running a Wo Dao+ set on Selena for a while because she seems well suited for it, but at this rate Armorslayer has a basically 100% hit rate so I might as well keep that...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #875 on: November 09, 2017, 06:36:15 PM »
Well, some of them have high resistance, and given that they're primarily fielded by whales they tend to have a very high rate of Distant Counter and often Wary Fighter or Vantage. Which means that while mages are helpful they're not a sure thing by any means since they tend to die from a sneeze from a massively buffed armor character. And the sets those characters tend to run make avoiding eating counter hits tricky. 

Selena may be niche, but at least she tends to take very little damage from most armor characters while being able to hit them pretty hard in return.

I've been considering running a Wo Dao+ set on Selena for a while because she seems well suited for it, but at this rate Armorslayer has a basically 100% hit rate so I might as well keep that...
Oh right... shit.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #876 on: November 09, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »

Oof yup, immediate next battle was against an armor team, and counters don't get harder than that. And she's even a featured unit right now. Convenient.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #877 on: November 09, 2017, 10:24:10 PM »
I don't find armor teams that bad. Usually the AI doesn't keep them together. I'd rather deal with than the cavalry blademages/Lyn. How do you guys break into tier 20 with dancers? I usually use Xander/Reinhardt, so I need to get as many stats as I can to try and reach 695, so I have to throw in Brave Ike and the featured Askr unit.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #878 on: November 09, 2017, 11:21:53 PM »

I use Lancina/BraveIke/DancerInigo as my core for arena and regularly seesaw between 19 and 20. As long as I get a no death streak, going from 19 to 20 is guaranteed. No merges, but full SI for everyone. I usually make the bonus unit red if possible for coverage - using Arvis right now.
I love running into armor teams because they give me more points and my units are tanky enough to take hits on enemy phase. All mage teams are my bane, especially on maps with obstacles where I can't just walk up to them and smack them to death. I rarely run into full cav teams anymore, but Lyn and Reinhardt are splashed into a lot of mixed teams.

As for the recent proliferation of armors on defense, I figure now that people can make full armor teams they're starting to realize how much easier it is to get defenses with them. I've been running one for a while, and as an example, for the first two days of this gauntlet I got over 10 defenses. So I decided I'd switch to my flier team for a change, and since then I've gotten no new defenses. Feels bad man.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #879 on: November 10, 2017, 04:28:18 AM »
I don't find armor teams that bad. Usually the AI doesn't keep them together. I'd rather deal with than the cavalry blademages/Lyn.

Armor is only really a problem on certain maps. Any map with a bunch of clutter and a lot of fortified spaces can create bad situations. And given that they make up basically 100% of all arena teams it's inevitable to run into one on one of those maps eventually. All things considered I think mixed cavalry teams are much more powerful and harder to deal with though. Nothing ruins a run like Reinhardt and Brave Lyn plus a dancer.

How do you guys break into tier 20 with dancers? I usually use Xander/Reinhardt, so I need to get as many stats as I can to try and reach 695, so I have to throw in Brave Ike and the featured Askr unit.

I'm honestly not really sure. My Camilla is +2, maybe that helps? I definitely don't go out of my way to make sure my stats say high, but they hover around 692 which is enough to easily get me into rank 20 but nowhere near high enough so I can STAY in rank 20.

As for the recent proliferation of armors on defense, I figure now that people can make full armor teams they're starting to realize how much easier it is to get defenses with them. I've been running one for a while, and as an example, for the first two days of this gauntlet I got over 10 defenses. So I decided I'd switch to my flier team for a change, and since then I've gotten no new defenses. Feels bad man.

Yeah, I tend to just keep my offense arena team in my defense slot and I almost never get wins. One every two weeks if I'm lucky...

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #880 on: November 10, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »
I was on Team Soren, but I just finished reading through the lp of both tellius games and now I'm even sadder! I really like him. My impression of Takumi still remains 'unnuanced emo asshat' but considering I have yet to actually beat conquest (even the level where he supposedly ... does things, as I understand), let alone the other two games, I'll reserve my judgement of how sad I am that we lost.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #881 on: November 10, 2017, 03:13:02 PM »
As someone who doesn't really care about any of these characters, all I want is to be for Takumi to not win because he is garbage.

I'm going to guess Soren was victim of the last second catchup mechanic comeback or something? Or is Worst Brother Ever really more popular?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #882 on: November 10, 2017, 03:20:55 PM »
yes, but not quite in the last minute turnabout way. Looks like team soren held back a little too long or pushed too early and started the bonus round too early for it to push past takumi. There was about an hour after the bonus time ended where Takumi just kinda sat there and won. Score otherwise seemed quite close to my eyes.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #883 on: November 10, 2017, 03:44:06 PM »
LOL I was on team Takumi, but to be honest I would of rather been on team Ryoma more than Takumi if Ryoma didn't lose to Soren, you Soren fans really had put up a fight though you guys did a good job.  :D

Edit: So why did Hinoka lost to Shanna I mean... she's getting creamed by Takumi voters everywhere..... anti-climatic final match up would you say.... would of been better for Hinoka VS Takumi that would of been some lit shit right there.  :V
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:51:26 PM by MewMewHeart »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #884 on: November 10, 2017, 04:04:45 PM »
Comeback mechanic is so powerful that it basically makes the winner a coin flip honestly. It keeps things interesting and has neat implications for individual players' overall scores, but it makes the actual winners pretty random.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #885 on: November 10, 2017, 04:18:22 PM »
Comeback mechanic is so powerful that it basically makes the winner a coin flip honestly. It keeps things interesting and has neat implications for individual players' overall scores, but it makes the actual winners pretty random.
Yeah... that's the only thing I don't like about the random increase score.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #886 on: November 10, 2017, 04:21:34 PM »
Yeah... that's the only thing I don't like about the random increase score.

For what it's worth, the score increase is not random. It's predictable, but taking advantage of it seems to be basically impossible for an individual player since it would require so much coordination.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #887 on: November 10, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
For what it's worth, the score increase is not random. It's predictable, but taking advantage of it seems to be basically impossible for an individual player since it would require so much coordination.
to that end, it would seem like the ebbs of the multipliers are just a little more controlled maybe on characters that are less hyper popular, with a dedicated fan base, but are in an unclear matchup. Considering that the matches between two of these sorts of characters were the more exciting ones for the community anyway, I think gauntlets have managed to retain some of their charm even with the bonuses screwing up the more bigger matchups.

example of a character that was none of these that the bonuses really screwed up: shanna.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #888 on: November 10, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »
I mean, Splatoon's Splatfests work similarly and it's not a big problem. I don't mean to be overly critical, this just seems to be the way Nintendo likes to do things and that's fine. Prevents boring steamrollings.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #889 on: November 10, 2017, 04:49:08 PM »
Wat? Really? That's dumb, I am actually genuinely curious about random nonsense like whether people like waffles or pancakes better.

Splatfests don't need better score systems to prevent steamrolls, they need better themes.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #890 on: November 10, 2017, 05:08:24 PM »
I dislike the comeback mechanic. It makes it harder to get invested in this sort of things. I say this as someone who joined team Sorin for feathers and then jumped to team Shanna. Now if I support he more popular unit(RIP Ryoma fans), I get screwed in feathers, and I'm not even guaranteed the victory.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #891 on: November 10, 2017, 11:13:03 PM »
The last few Chain Challenges are REALLY horseshit. I just went into the final floor of 11+12-3 with 1.5 full teams remaining and still lost. Even my strongest Brave/Desperation characters couldn't even come close to one-shotting disadvantaged enemies.

Oh well, not a bad thing I guess. Means I always have something to work on. 
I just cleared the last orb-bearing chain challenge maps today, since I finally caved in and built a 5* Reinhardt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3By9buTnXw
This guy helped me out a ton, and if you have a Julia or a res blessed Sonia or Soren or something then so can you. He has guides for all the maps.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:15:57 PM by BT »

Conqueror

« Reply #892 on: November 11, 2017, 02:44:14 AM »
Only using one team for 11-12 chain and not losing any units, that's pretty impressive, even more so because he had no fliers for the mountain map.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #893 on: November 11, 2017, 03:06:36 AM »
I've been finding the mountain map to actually be one of the easier of the later chapters, but that's pretty much because the team I've been leading with (Lyn, Brave Lyn, Inigo, Wrys) causes the AI to act weird and funnel all of their units toward one side while ignoring the other in a way that lets Brave Lyn just snipe them all as they come along. I don't know why it does that, it has a blue cavalry that starts close to where my Lyn and Wrys are and if it just sent it toward them instead of going toward the farther away enemies I would definitely lose them both...

Still haven't cleared either of the last two final stages, but I've been getting closer and closer.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #894 on: November 12, 2017, 02:56:57 AM »
I have never seen such a scary stalemate at all in a voting gauntlet, both Shanna and Takumi fans are dishing it out hardcore both have like 51 mil votes, but Takumi is hanging onto the lead... I'm pretty much scared shitless at this point.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:59:21 AM by MewMewHeart »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #895 on: November 12, 2017, 05:18:04 AM »
Hah. Shanna won. I wanted more bonuses though. I held on to my feathers too long expecting bonuses.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #896 on: November 12, 2017, 05:24:18 AM »
I did the same.  :D Decided to try a different strategy and withhold all of my flags for big boosts in the first and third rounds and ended up spending tons for no multiplier at the end. And I had 100 flags left at the end.

Well, as nice as it is when male characters win these for a change I'm glad Takumi didn't win 'cause he's trash.  :V Soren would have been nice though.

Conqueror

« Reply #897 on: November 12, 2017, 05:26:06 AM »

That curve at the end though. Curious to know the reason why that happened.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #898 on: November 12, 2017, 05:40:29 AM »
Seemed to even out as they turned off the weaker/stronger bonus, I suppose.  Cool data visualization.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #899 on: November 12, 2017, 05:46:28 AM »
might've been team takumi holding onto feathers for a bonus that never happened, that was a shockingly close round, how good, how good