Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 144630 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #840 on: October 31, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »
I pulled Nowi pretty much immediately and now i'll wait and see whatever the half-of-month banner brings before deciding if i go for Henry.

Same, though I'm debating if I want to go through the effort of going for Nowi, she'll be harder to get than Henry and I already have Elincia as a red.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #841 on: November 02, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
ohh god I just pulled a Reinhardt, my casual days are over maybe maybe, but do I want to give in to the devil?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #842 on: November 02, 2017, 06:01:04 PM »
I mean, he's definitely worth having around for PVE stuff. Makes a lot of Infernal content much easier.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #843 on: November 03, 2017, 01:22:26 AM »
ah right. The one I pulled he's only 4 stars so I'm weighing whether I want to invest the feathers into him or not

Also I just unlocked the sacred seal creation thing from the story and this seems pretty neat actually. What's the best way to get more coins so far? I hope I didn't miss any one-time seals from tempest or something either.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #844 on: November 03, 2017, 02:04:29 AM »
Sacred coins are mostly available as Arena Assault prizes, but they've also been given out in decent numbers in every event since they were introduced.

You probably have missed some seals from past Tempest Trials and other events, but so far we've had one Tempest Trial featuring prizes from previous trials, so expect to be able to get them at some point.

As for Reinhardt, I'd say plan on keeping him and five-starring him at some point if you don't pull him at that rank before then, but don't hurry to do it if there are other characters you want to upgrade more.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #845 on: November 03, 2017, 04:18:37 PM »
Ok bought the 140 orb pack and added it in with my 14 orbs which equals 154 orbs let's see if I can pull any of the Halloween units out.

Noting that it's 1 Red, 1 Green, and 2 grays let's do this!

First Roll Set: 1 Gray, 3 Greens, and 1 Blue.

Results: Dupe 4* Nowi, dupe 3* Robin, dupe 4* Shanna, dupe 4* Raven, and dupe 3* Saizo.

Comment: Kinda figured it was gonna be one of those rolls...

========
Second Roll Set: 2 Gray, 2 Greens, and 1 Blue.

Results: Dupe 4* Cordelia, dupe 3* Cherche, dupe 4* Gordin, dupe 3* Arthur, and dupe 4* Felicia.

Comment: Yay more boost to the roll rate.

========

Third Roll Set: 3 Reds, 1 Gray, and 1 Blue.

Results: Dupe 4* Shanna, dupe 3* Laslow/Indigo, dupe 3* Stahl, dupe 3* Olivia, and dupe 4* Virion.

Comment: Feeling like I'm getting TRICKED instead of being TREATED.

===========

Fourth Roll Set: 1 Red, 2 Gray, 1 Green, and 1 Blue.

Results: Dupe 4* Donnel, Halloween Jakob, dupe 3* Cecilia, dupe 4* adult Tiki, and dupe 3* Gordin.

Comment: Much better!

==========

Fifth Roll Set: 2 Blues, 1 Green, and 2 Reds.

Results: Dupe 4* Florina, dupe 3* Jagen, dupe 4* Hana, dupe 4* Soren, and dupe 4* Chrom.

Comment: Here we go again.

=========

Sixth Roll Set: 2 Reds, 1 Gray, and 2 Blue.

Results: Dupe 4* Odin/Owen, dupe 3* Donnel, dupe 3* Henry, dupe 3* Matthew, and dupe 4* Henry.

Comment: Ahahahahahahahaha.... oh stop please.

========
Last Roll!

Seventh Roll Set: 3 Reds, 1 Gray, and 1 Blue.

Results: Dupe 4* Lukas, dupe 4* Henry, dupe 4* Raigh, dupe 3* Eliwood, and dupe 3* Niles.

Comment: 3.75 roll rate yay!

Welp at least I got 1/4 of the Halloween units which isn't bad.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #846 on: November 03, 2017, 05:05:37 PM »
Ah shit, I just dumpstered my 4% rate on the Halloween banner with Ryoma. I mean, I didn't have him and I do like him, but I think it's been something like six or seven off-banner 5*s now since my last on-banner one. (Although that was green Azura so I guess I can't complain too much.)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #847 on: November 03, 2017, 05:35:23 PM »
Ah shit, I just dumpstered my 4% rate on the Halloween banner with Ryoma. I mean, I didn't have him and I do like him, but I think it's been something like six or seven off-banner 5*s now since my last on-banner one. (Although that was green Azura so I guess I can't complain too much.)
Vantage, Wary Fighter, and Pivot makes him scary.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #848 on: November 03, 2017, 05:50:26 PM »
Not sure what you mean by that, he can't equip Wary Fighter.

Never been a huge fan of Vantage but he definitely seems like one of the best users of it.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #849 on: November 03, 2017, 06:12:04 PM »
Not sure what you mean by that, he can't equip Wary Fighter.

Never been a huge fan of Vantage but he definitely seems like one of the best users of it.
Eh? Can't equip wary fighter weird? But yeah Vantage Ryoma BREAKS a lot of things most of the time.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #850 on: November 03, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »
there was a one turn calvary team posted somewhere featuring galeforces and wings of mercy and now I'm trying to make one too but with fliers. That team had 3 and I only have access to 2 galeforces (including feeding away the brave roy) so puzzlings and figurings things out step right now.

and so I was checking stats and I don't like how Elincia is just a straight upgrade over Palla. She has better attack, better speed, a better weapon (11 mt brave weapon that only costs -2 spd wth??)

e: oh right, and, and, and she comes with death blow. wow
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:13:43 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #851 on: November 03, 2017, 09:30:56 PM »
Yeah, there's definitely a trend toward rarer/newer characters being way more powerful out of the box. You can tweak most characters to do most things so not being great from the start certainly doesn't make common characters useless, with the main exception being personal weapons. And Elincia has a hell of a personal weapon.

That said, Palla is pretty decent. Don't underestimate Ruby Sword, the jewel weapons are definitely extremely playable. Elincia is probably better, but Palla has an (admittedly niche) role as a defensive-ish green counter.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #852 on: November 04, 2017, 12:03:42 AM »
no yeah, palla is totally fine, she's decent, but the only role she fulfills in my fliers right now is "well she deals with greens well I guess". I like her though so I'm going to see if I can't figure out something better for her. There's the fact that bulkiness is a little hard to appreciate with fliers since arrows evaporate you. She does feel quite sturdy though, especially with fury, I'll give her that.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #853 on: November 04, 2017, 01:42:37 AM »
"Deals with greens I guess" is a great thing to do if you need something to do that. I mean yeah, you're not going to take any arrows, but you really shouldn't be trying to do that anyway. Palla's job is to fight Hectors and Amelias, and she should do s pretty great job of it. Throw Reposition and a flier buff on her and she'll have more than enough to do most of the time when there are no scary green units around.

You could also try to play a classic triangle team. Her, Subaki, a flying Emerald Axe wielder (Camilla would do a great job I think) or Green Azura, and some kind of wild card (I'd throw in a strong mage or a Brave Bow user) and you've got a very solid setup. In fact fliers seem especially well-suited for a team like this because they'll have an easier time than most other units maneuvering themselves into favorable matchups.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #854 on: November 04, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »
the Deflect series says it reduces damage for consecutive attacks, which suggested to me to be defense against brave weapons, but does it also work for subsequent attacks like follow-up attacks when your speed is lower?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #855 on: November 04, 2017, 07:38:46 PM »
the Deflect series says it reduces damage for consecutive attacks, which suggested to me to be defense against brave weapons, but does it also work for subsequent attacks like follow-up attacks when your speed is lower?

Depends. Are you attacking in between those hits? If you are, then no.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #856 on: November 04, 2017, 11:24:06 PM »
Wait, really? Are you sure? I thought it worked against literally all attacks but the first. That's how Ike and that new horse guy work, right?

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #857 on: November 04, 2017, 11:53:39 PM »
Nah, it has to be consecutive attacks. Otherwise it would be beyond broken, although it's already pretty strong.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #858 on: November 06, 2017, 08:57:43 PM »
It's driving me crazy that Dark Breath breaks the trend of some weapons having tier-two versions of existing abilities. Now that the Smoke abilities exist it makes sense that it would be equivalent to ATK Smoke 2, but unlike Smoke it only works after attacking, not after combat. Buff Dark Breath! Smoke Dagger works as expected, so what gives?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #859 on: November 07, 2017, 12:03:02 AM »
oh right this is one of those few times when having friends actually means something, I'll be sending out friend requests again if people have space

is the unit that people see in gauntlet your defense lead or your current lead?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #860 on: November 07, 2017, 12:40:14 AM »
Current lead I believe.

Edit: No  wait, no I don't. It's your main lead. The one in slot one who appears at the top of the screen on your castle screen.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #861 on: November 07, 2017, 02:38:03 AM »
that makes sense

completed the infernal alm&celica with my fliers hinoka, camilla, palla, and gazura. I don't know how I did it, it just kinda happened. I do remember hinoka's sacred cowl coming in clutch though. I don't remember specifically why I put it on her a few months ago, what matchup to survive, but boy am I glad she had it.

and then I pulled a halloween nowi with those orbs I got!! Yayy nice, my first ranged flier! I'm almost sad though, my melee fliers carried me so far over the times.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #862 on: November 07, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »
Got three 5*units from one roll on a 3.75% roll rate 2 who I didn't have and a dupe Halloween Jakob, the other two 5* were Mist and Halloween Nowi. Now I just need Halloween Henry and Halloween Sakura.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:26:32 PM by MewMewHeart »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #863 on: November 07, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »
finally got armored henry

jakob can eat shit, i'm done here

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #864 on: November 07, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »
Tried pulling for Minerva, failed. Amelia is next up.  :fail:

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #865 on: November 07, 2017, 08:34:12 PM »
So far I've got two henry and a sakura

By which I mean two 4* normal henry and one 5* normal sakura

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #866 on: November 07, 2017, 10:38:52 PM »
I threw about 50 stones for an Armored Henry, 25 for a regular Camilla, then about 80 for a red Nowi. Henry was -SPD +RES, Camilla was -ATK +SPD, and Nowi was -DEF +RES. Time to wait for Christmas.

Thoughts on who the Christmas people will be? The Robin/Tharja duo we saw before will probably be there. Most of them have usually been Awakening Fates. I'm guessing Male Corrin/Felicia for the other two. Male Corrin hasn't had a holiday thing yet, and neither did Felicia, despite being Awakening/Fates and being pretty popular.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #867 on: November 07, 2017, 11:02:49 PM »
I think Flora has a decent shot. She's got ice-based powers and it wouldn't be the first time a new character has been introduced as a holiday variant before a normal version.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #868 on: November 07, 2017, 11:50:25 PM »
God, I just realized the only seasonal banner to have actually diverse series in it was the bridal banner and even -then- it had fates/awakening still.

t-think we might get something else once they're out of their backlog? ;;

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #869 on: November 08, 2017, 12:03:31 AM »
I think Flora has a decent shot. She's got ice-based powers and it wouldn't be the first time a new character has been introduced as a holiday variant before a normal version.

True. I'm surprised they haven't catered to the Felicia fans that much though. I don't think I've seen a more devoted group in FE. I haven't seen nearly as much stuff for Flora.

God, I just realized the only seasonal banner to have actually diverse series in it was the bridal banner and even -then- it had fates/awakening still.

t-think we might get something else once they're out of their backlog? ;;

That'd be nice. Though, while Awakening/Fates have gotten almost all of the holiday editions, that's all they've gotten, and that has its negatives too (RIP Inigo/Charlotte fans.) I'm just waiting on Mia atm, though that will be hell because she's red. The difference in difficulty sniping between colors is huge. I swear it takes me at least twice as many orbs to get a specific red orb as it does a green one.
I'm thinking they'll do Bridal Eirika at some point. Wasn't she in Awakening?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff