Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 144446 times)

7TC7

• In best company
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #780 on: October 18, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »
For what it's worth, I beat Arvis on Lunatic and Infernal with Reinhardt and Olivia, just dancing and oneshotting everyone. I had Eldigan and Lyn with me, too, but they pretty much only repositioned the other two out of harms way. There was never any combat on enemy turns aside from Eldigan tanking/killing the Green Kavalier on turn 1 and i think one of the green knights attacked olivia once on infernal.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #781 on: October 18, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »
I spent a bunch of stamina trying to clear Infernal Arvis normally with melee units but I gave up on that when Elincia couldn't kill any of the armor reinforcements and got ORKO'd in return. Ranged units are a must have if you want to go the long way, I think.

However, if you have a unit with galeforce like Brave Roy, then this is is actually one of the easiest GHBs to one-turn so you never have to deal with all the reinforcements. I used a full horse team, and a hone'd brave roy took care of the axe cav and arvis. Then it was just matching up my other 3 cavs with the other 3 units.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #782 on: October 18, 2017, 10:57:04 PM »
Reinhardt/Xander + two dancers handles Infernal pretty well if people are having trouble with it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #783 on: October 18, 2017, 11:15:10 PM »
Woo! Fuck you Arvis you just got rekt'd by a level 23 Klein, also MVP goes to Klein and Azura this time around for beating this map I might 5* Arvis (out of respect he almost made me throw my phone) after Berkut lol... oh god never again will I never underestimate archers... props to Reinhardt for getting me the kill on Arvis lol Rising Thunder rekt'd him good.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:21:14 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #784 on: October 19, 2017, 01:36:52 AM »
Alright, got around to trying Infernal, and yeah, it's super easy. This might be the easiest Infernal hero battle ever. It didn't really feel any different from Lunatic honestly. Aside from Arvis having his special charged from the beginning, which doesn't really matter because he shouldn't ever get to attack, I didn't notice anything different. Didn't notice any new enemies or really nasty ability combinations (although I did lose once to a random Vantage on a cavalier that I didn't notice and caused me to lose without even realizing what happened).
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #785 on: October 19, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
The fireemblemheroes subreddit is imploding from the news that there's a 2nd Holy War banner with Arya in it. Because everyone thought she was gonna be a reward unit and all. Ha ha ha ow.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #786 on: October 19, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »
The fireemblemheroes subreddit is imploding from the news that there's a 2nd Holy War banner with Arya in it. Because everyone thought she was gonna be a reward unit and all. Ha ha ha ow.
To be honest that surprised me too in a good way.  :D

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #787 on: October 19, 2017, 07:13:23 PM »

I can understand where they're coming from tbh. This is the first time that they introduced a new character with old characters. Not only that, but they aren't super desirable and one of them shares a color with Ayra. At least with Oscar/Nephenee, Oscar was a new character and he was actually pretty good. Eldigan is an old character, and Lachesis is a healer. Had she appeared with Sigurd and Deirdre, I don't think the reaction would have been this bad.

Another factor, this has nothing to do with IS, is that gamepedia posted 4* stats for Ayra and only 5* stats for Arden, leading people to believe she was the TT unit. This lead to some spending on the Sigurd banner thinking they'd get Ayra for free. Since then, 4* Ayra stats have been taken down and 4* Arden stats have been put up.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #788 on: October 19, 2017, 07:46:06 PM »
I can understand where they're coming from tbh. This is the first time that they introduced a new character with old characters. Not only that, but they aren't super desirable and one of them shares a color with Ayra. At least with Oscar/Nephenee, Oscar was a new character and he was actually pretty good. Eldigan is an old character, and Lachesis is a healer. Had she appeared with Sigurd and Deirdre, I don't think the reaction would have been this bad.

Another factor, this has nothing to do with IS, is that gamepedia posted 4* stats for Ayra and only 5* stats for Arden, leading people to believe she was the TT unit. This lead to some spending on the Sigurd banner thinking they'd get Ayra for free. Since then, 4* Ayra stats have been taken down and 4* Arden stats have been put up.
Ya, all that is right.

Somehow it seems like Ayra was meant to be released with the other three - especially if you look at the campaign chapters - but maybe they forgot to put her in the preview video or something, who knows. Well actually Arden was in the campaign too. Ugg.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #789 on: October 19, 2017, 09:31:43 PM »
It looks like neither Seliph nor Julia are getting TT bonuses. I don't feel like rolling for any of 40% people either. Oh well.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Conqueror

« Reply #790 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:25 PM »
The datamined 4* leaks are not the issue, I doubt most people even know about them.
Since then, 4* Ayra stats have been taken down and 4* Arden stats have been put up.
That's bizarre. First time I've heard of it since I've only seen speculation that IS would actually remove Ayra's 4* data after putting it in the game but there hasn't been an update yet so it looks like this is just the dataminers screwing up. I wonder where those stats came from then, maybe the 4* Ayra stats were for the story missions.

Also, the issue is that this is the first time a new unit has been released without being featured in a banner teaser video. The way she was cameo'd in the banner video matches up with how previous TT and GHB units were teased, so there's the issue of broken expectations.
And more importantly, she was released on a banner with old characters while sharing a color to boot which is really really bad for people with limited orb income since your chances of getting a single new unit goes way down. It sets a very bad precedent - what if they introduce Micaiah on a banner with Oboro (for some reason)?

I confess I fell for the bait and now I have Lachesis, Eldigan, another Lyn, and Saber. I'm somewhat salty.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:22:14 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #791 on: October 20, 2017, 12:32:49 PM »
Grrr... I'm at a crossroad with the way things are I'm trying to decide whether I should roll the tempest trail banner for Eldigan and Arya, roll the holy war banner, roll the threaten speed banner for Takumi, or save my orbs. I'm stuck on what to do after I get Shigure and Indigo from the performing arts banner.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #792 on: October 20, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »
Yeah, I'm still tunnel-visioning Shigure and Olivia. And slightly worried that there may be an upcoming Halloween banner with a Camilla variant that I should be preparing for, but I guess I'll cross that road when I come to it if that does happen.

Incidentally, anyone else picking up Fire Emblem Warriors and/or its accompanying Amiibos today?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #793 on: October 20, 2017, 01:43:22 PM »
Yeah, I'm still tunnel-visioning Shigure and Olivia. And slightly worried that there may be an upcoming Halloween banner with a Camilla variant that I should be preparing for, but I guess I'll cross that road when I come to it if that does happen.

Incidentally, anyone else picking up Fire Emblem Warriors and/or its accompanying Amiibos today?
I'll probably get Fire Emblem Warriors next year when I get a switch.

On the subject of orb rolling crossroads I think I'll skip the holy war banner and threaten speed banner (which sucks because everything involving increased Takumi rates just ends up in failure) and just roll for Arya and Eldigan on the tempest banner so, I can have enough for encase we do get a Halloween banner.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #794 on: October 20, 2017, 01:55:56 PM »
I stopped at three different stores before work and none of them seem to stock Fire Emblem Warriors. It is a real game right? Did the release date change or something?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #795 on: October 20, 2017, 02:35:30 PM »
I stopped at three different stores before work and none of them seem to stock Fire Emblem Warriors. It is a real game right? Did the release date change or something?
No.... just too much hype is selling it out.

==============
Without further ado let's spin the wheel of fortune for two more units on the performing arts banner 154 orbs let's do this:

First Attempt:

First roll set: 2 Grays and 3 Blues.

Result: dupe 4* Donnel, dupe 3* Lissa, dupe 3* FCorrin, dupe 3* Clarine, and Shigure (He literally fell in my lap.~)

Comment: Looks like I played the RNG cards right but let's not get too cocky...

==============

Second Attempt:

Second roll set: 1 Grays, 2 Greens, and 2 Blues.

Result: dupe 4* Merric, 4* Oscar, dupe 4* Gaius, dupe 4* Donnel, dupe 4* Boey.

Comment: Got something newish at least???

================

Third Attempt:

Third roll set: 2 Reds, 1 Green, 1 Gray, and 1 Blue.

Result: dupe 4* Chrom, dupe 4* Caeda, dupe 3* MRobin, dupe 4* Felicia, and dupe 4* Barte.

Comment: Oh boy doing the safety dance for one more unit is a chore let me tell you.  :derp:

===============

Fourth Attempt:

Fourth roll set: 2 Reds, 2 Greens, and 1 Gray. (This is fine)

Result: dupe 4* Raigh, dupe 3* Saizo, dupe 4* Palla, Dupe Norhian Azura, and dupe 4* Raven 

Comment: My roll rate... (T_T)

=======================

Fifth Attempt:

Fifth roll set: 2 Reds, 1 Green, and 2 Grays.

Result: dupe 4* Saizo, dupe 4* Raigh, dupe 4* Palla, dupe 4* Kagero, and dupe 4* Gunter.

Comment: Ouch... all 4s.
===============

Sixth Attempt:

Sixth roll set: 3 Reds, 1 Blue, and 1 Gray.

Result: dupe 3* Azama, dupe 4* Sully, dupe 4* Athena, dupe 3* Sophia, and dupe 4* Laslow/Indigo. 

Comment: All for the rate, desu. (T_T)
======================

Last roll -

Seventh Attempt:

Seventh roll set: 3 reds and 2 Greens.

Result: dupe 4* Hana, dupe 4* Caeda, dupe 3* Laslow/Indigo, dupe 3* Beruka, and dupe 3* Barst. 

Comment: GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!! -table flip-

Welp! RNG got me back... as I predicted it would...

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:52:42 PM by MewMewHeart »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #796 on: October 20, 2017, 09:54:57 PM »
Alright, it took me eight stops (fortunately they were mostly clustered within walking distance of two different places) but I finally found Fire Emblem Warriors and the two new Amiibos. And not at the same place either.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #797 on: October 21, 2017, 01:42:00 AM »
Alright, it took me eight stops (fortunately they were mostly clustered within walking distance of two different places) but I finally found Fire Emblem Warriors and the two new Amiibos. And not at the same place either.
I just picked up my copy today, but I forgot the amiibo existed. Oh well, I needed to save my money for This anyways.

So far the game feels a lot like Hyrule Warriors, just with FE characters and more voice acting...But in some ways it feels better than HW. You can direct your allies to different points, have them follow specific orders, even Pair Up and attack enemies, and there's even a neat TV Mode option that lets you run the game at ~60 FPS at the cost of some graphical fidelity. Oh, and you can remap the controls as you see fit. ;) Thanks a bunch, devs.

On that note...Has the badge/crest crafting system been in other Musou-style games before? Hyrule Warriors was practically my first Musou game, but I'm curious if it originated before that point.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #798 on: October 21, 2017, 01:57:46 AM »
Do you think it's worth making a separate thread for Warriors?

As someone who doesn't like this kind of game at all, I've been enjoying it so far. The game keeps me running around putting out fires at a rapid enough pace that it's easy to overlook that the actual combat is basically nothing. Although I also really liked Fire Emblem Echoes at first and hated it so much that I couldn't even be bothered to finish it by the late midgame, so we'll see how Heroes develops. It seems like it has a lot of neat stuff going for it though. And I haven't even found Camilla yet. :derp:

Edit: How come we don't have Lianna, Rowan and Darios in Heroes though?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 01:59:21 AM by commandercool »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2017, 02:06:49 AM »
Do you think it's worth making a separate thread for Warriors?

As someone who doesn't like this kind of game at all, I've been enjoying it so far. The game keeps me running around putting out fires at a rapid enough pace that it's easy to overlook that the actual combat is basically nothing. Although I also really liked Fire Emblem Echoes at first and hated it so much that I couldn't even be bothered to finish it by the late midgame, so we'll see how Heroes develops. It seems like it has a lot of neat stuff going for it though. And I haven't even found Camilla yet. :derp:

Edit: How come we don't have Lianna, Rowan and Darios in Heroes though?
They'll probably put them in on a later date.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #800 on: October 21, 2017, 02:24:51 AM »
They'll probably put them in on a later date.
I'd be shocked if they don't go the Zelda route and stuff the DLC with characters from every FE game. You could easily make "best of" campaigns with each game.

Yes, I am hoping we get PoR/RD chars and more Blazing Sword chars, thanks for asking! :D

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #801 on: October 21, 2017, 02:32:25 AM »
(Warriors)

Frederick sucks. I don't like playing as him and when I'm not he keeps homing in on enemy mages and either almost getting himself killed such that I have to drop everything and save him, or actually getting himself killed. Actually I don't really like playing as Cordelia either, the mounted units feel reeeeally cumbersome, which is even worse since Cordelia does like zero damage and it takes her ten million hits to kill anything.. I hope Camilla doesn't steer this weird. I guess I'll just have to take the time to learn her if she's as wonky as these two.

Conqueror

« Reply #802 on: October 21, 2017, 03:20:05 AM »
DLC for warriors was already announced, for the 3 games already in Warriors.

Fates:
Spoiler:
Azura/Niles/Oboro
Shadow Dragon:
Spoiler:
Navarre/Minerva/Linde
Awakening:
Spoiler:
Owain/Tharja/Olivia

Dunno if they'll add more, I guess it depends on sales.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #803 on: October 21, 2017, 03:23:04 AM »
Ooh, I like the sound of a lot of those.

Spoiler:
Really curious how Niles will play since I don't think there's an archer in the game currently. Or maybe there is and I overlooked them, but regardless, Niles is rad.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #804 on: October 21, 2017, 03:42:50 AM »
Awakening:
Spoiler:
Owain/Tharja/Olivia
Excellent, I was wondering when
Spoiler:
Owain
would be playable.
Spoiler:
I was legit surprised when I ran into him using Lissa in her debut chapter!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #805 on: October 22, 2017, 07:58:52 PM »
Oof, staying in tier 20 in the arena seems basically impossible. I've got maybe the best Arena score I've ever had right now and I'm still not even close...

Meanwhile, in FEW, I don't love the way the game does promotion. There's no reason not to do it as quickly as possible and the power boost is ridiculous. Really snowballs your best characters into being WAY better than the others.

Edit: There's a Guidance seal?! Jeeesus, that's going to be trouble...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:29:39 PM by commandercool »

Conqueror

« Reply #806 on: October 23, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »
At least the Guidance seal is still Flier only, I think.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #807 on: October 23, 2017, 10:05:09 PM »
Meanwhile, in FEW, I don't love the way the game does promotion. There's no reason not to do it as quickly as possible and the power boost is ridiculous. Really snowballs your best characters into being WAY better than the others.
It can't be that bad, can it?

>gets Chrom to lv15, promotes him, +100 HP and +20 in all stats

...I'm not complaining. :V I just nudged Lianna to lv15 as well, so she'll get a seal once I finish the final Hoshido map.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #808 on: October 24, 2017, 03:31:27 AM »
Warriors chapter 15:

-Has Corrin always had that weird vestigial tail thing under her cape? It's not really clear from my Corrin Amiibos if it's just a design on their armor or a separate piece like Warriors is interpreting it, but it's weird how it bounces around when she runs.

-
Spoiler:
Lol wtf Tiki's animations. I don't throw around the phrase "derpy" loosely, but...

Spoiler:
Wasn't expecting there to be a shitload of big dragons just mixed in there with the common soldiers, but I guess I should have since the skill trees refer to dragons and there are dragon-slaying weapons...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #809 on: October 24, 2017, 02:27:05 PM »
What a great way to wake up to a random 5* I don't have from a gacha I wasn't even trying at lol. Got myself a 5* Elincia from the flier buff pool from my free roll is she good?