Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 144339 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #750 on: October 13, 2017, 05:04:16 AM »
She's from 7 which is the fire emblem elitist pick for this gauntlet since Tiki counts as an Awakening character now, If I had to be super honest. We probably have the pre-fates vote in general, and we still almost lost to M!corrin.

The final round is going to be an absolute bloodbath regardless of whoever won that flip, but hey, time for big numbers on our flags!

True. I thought she would have had to split it with little Tiki and Fae. She's not a loli though, which probably helps. The dragon lolis, especially Nowi seem to have a lot haters. I could see Nowi, but not Tiki or Fae though. That last hour bonus was the first time I ever took advantage of a bonus hour during the gauntlet. I hear the guys on M!Corrin's team are rolling in feathers.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #751 on: October 13, 2017, 10:11:46 AM »
Deirdre didn't even use Naga smh

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #752 on: October 13, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »
Still plugging away at the dancer banner trying to get the last two I don't have, and I got my streak reset by pulling an unrelated 5*. It was Faye though, she's pretty neat, so I'm cool with that. And the banner is only like half over, so I've still got plenty of time to hopefully pick up Olivia and Shigure.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #753 on: October 13, 2017, 06:25:37 PM »
Ugh I swear I've been running into too many damn Brave Hero Lucinas during my voting gauntlet matches and ended killing them with a Brave bow Lyn ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I swear these match ups make me almost have a heart attack. (>_<)
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #754 on: October 13, 2017, 10:07:18 PM »
Still plugging away at the dancer banner trying to get the last two I don't have, and I got my streak reset by pulling an unrelated 5*. It was Faye though, she's pretty neat, so I'm cool with that. And the banner is only like half over, so I've still got plenty of time to hopefully pick up Olivia and Shigure.
I'm at 4.25% since I started spending daily orbs and orbs from the gauntlet, bound hero battle etcetera on the thing. Pulling colorless and green, still waiting~

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #755 on: October 13, 2017, 10:11:10 PM »
This gauntlet is just serving to remind me how underrated I still think FCorrin is. Unfortunately she has rough matchups with a lot of major meta players which makes including her on teams a little tricky, but she does match up extremely well against a surprising chunk of the game. And with some heavy investment (maybe a Swift Sparrow inherit if someone can find one to spare) I think she could do a ton of work.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #756 on: October 14, 2017, 01:11:15 AM »
This gauntlet is just serving to remind me how underrated I still think FCorrin is. Unfortunately she has rough matchups with a lot of major meta players which makes including her on teams a little tricky, but she does match up extremely well against a surprising chunk of the game. And with some heavy investment (maybe a Swift Sparrow inherit if someone can find one to spare) I think she could do a ton of work.

My Problem with Corrin is that she's a debuff unit in a game where it's easy to just kill things. Her attack is really low, and it that's the hardest thing to make up for from what I see. I think instead of swift sparrow, It'd better to use Fury/Death Blow/Triangle Adept. I could see her using Vantage decently. Only thing I know is bonfire is a must.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #757 on: October 14, 2017, 01:21:45 AM »
My Problem with Corrin is that she's a debuff unit in a game where it's easy to just kill things. Her attack is really low, and it that's the hardest thing to make up for from what I see. I think instead of swift sparrow, It'd better to use Fury/Death Blow/Triangle Adept. I could see her using Vantage decently. Only thing I know is bonfire is a must.

You're definitely not wrong that debuffs occupy a weird place in FEH since it's pretty easy to just one-shot things, but I think there is a niche for bulky characters. Especially with triangle adept teams. Triangle Adept might be the best use for her, as the blue part of a triple adept team. There really shouldn't be any red character in the game, even boosted cavalry characters or all but the most stacked Raorblade users, who can kill her at that point, so she can take down her targets while debuffing for the other adept characters.

I actually use Ignis on her, since she's generally either bulky and fast enough to charge it or she's in a matchup bad enough that she's not going to be able to charge anything regardless.

Vantage might be interesting, but Seal Res is actually pretty solid on her since she's fast enough to double most characters, which makes it an effective +14 damage and lets her secure a ton of kills despite her bad attack.

Her stats almost make me wonder if Lightning Breath would be good on her, but I think her low attack and the fact that Dark Breath is the main thing that's useful about her makes that ultimately unwise. Maybe if an attack equivalent of Steady Stance and/or Hone Dragons ever come out.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #758 on: October 14, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
4 reds and 1 blue appear.

Dejectedly, I pull blue. Shigure appears.

This is not what I wanted, but I'll take it. Ugggh, c'mere, pretty boy.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #759 on: October 15, 2017, 04:05:32 AM »
Who else is on team Ninian besides Chaore?

It me.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #760 on: October 15, 2017, 07:39:58 AM »

Ayy mysterious dancer lady get!

why I might actually have to start playing again for a while instead of just collecting stones
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #761 on: October 16, 2017, 04:30:51 AM »
Dang, my luck was crazy today. Still haven't pulled either of the remaining two festival dancers, but I pulled Linde and Genny almost back to back both without a banner multiplier, and that's right after I pulled Faye the other day. None of these are really major wants for me, but they're all very solid, so I guess it works!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #762 on: October 16, 2017, 05:40:02 AM »
Is Arvis coming with DEF ploy? My Est is ready :V

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #763 on: October 16, 2017, 08:09:36 AM »
6 new units
Banner: Sigurd, Deidre, Tailtiu/Tiltyu/however you spell that
GHB: Arvis
TT?: Ayra
???: Arden

I believe Arvis has Atk/Res Ploy on Valflame too.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:19:19 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #764 on: October 18, 2017, 04:18:10 AM »
Wow, Sigurd is just as horseshit as I feared when he was revealed. You know what's super underpowered and needs an incredibly powerful new unit? Horsey Emblem. It's just really underrepresented and hasn't gotten much support, so it makes sense. You never really see it in Arena, but maybe he'll be the missing piece to finally make it competitive.   :V

Edit: That said, I'm not necessarily against the idea of his set in theory. I think Brave Ike has ultimately been good for the game by speedbumping the hyper-offensive teams that have been dominant forever, and Sigurd is basically a more defensive version of that. The problem is that he can easily stack up massive buffs so he's not only a more defensive Brave Ike but equally if not more powerful and much more mobile as well...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:27:26 AM by commandercool »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #765 on: October 18, 2017, 02:45:19 PM »
Anyone beaten the Arvis GHB map yet because I keep getting roasted. :V
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:48:04 PM by MewMewHeart »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #766 on: October 18, 2017, 03:18:31 PM »
On what difficulty? I haven't tried Infernal yet, but I didn't think the others were too bad. What part is giving you trouble?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #767 on: October 18, 2017, 03:51:46 PM »
On what difficulty? I haven't tried Infernal yet, but I didn't think the others were too bad. What part is giving you trouble?
Hard mode of all things I can barely get in any attacks and the reinforcements and mages keep fucking me over.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #768 on: October 18, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »
Huh. What team are you using?

Incindentally I really like Arvis. Probably gonna 5* him. First hero battle unit in a while I've done that to.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #769 on: October 18, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »
Huh. What team are you using?

Incindentally I really like Arvis. Probably gonna 5* him. First hero battle unit in a while I've done that to.
Ryoma, Minerva, Reinhardt or FCorrin, and Priscilla

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #770 on: October 18, 2017, 05:03:18 PM »
Put a dancer on there. All teams should pretty much always have a dancer. And a Brave Bow or Desperation archer is always handy for fighting mages.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #771 on: October 18, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »
Put a dancer on there. All teams should pretty much always have a dancer. And a Brave Bow or Desperation archer is always handy for fighting mages.
Ack... looks like I'll be using Azura for this... on top of that I have Brave Lyn soo.... TIME TO PLAY DIRTY after I get my stamina back.  :derp:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:09:07 PM by MewMewHeart »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #772 on: October 18, 2017, 05:26:20 PM »
Outside of an all-in Horsey Emblem team I'm not actually that big a fan of Brave Lyn for this kind of thing. She's not actually generally strong enough to one-shot mages which means she gets ground down. Unless you have Brave Bow on her in which case she's probably great. Or maybe if you're running a Breath of Life cleric to keep her topped off.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #773 on: October 18, 2017, 05:47:35 PM »
Outside of an all-in Horsey Emblem team I'm not actually that big a fan of Brave Lyn for this kind of thing. She's not actually generally strong enough to one-shot mages which means she gets ground down. Unless you have Brave Bow on her in which case she's probably great. Or maybe if you're running a Breath of Life cleric to keep her topped off.
Err... no to be honest.... I don't I have enough brave bow units so I need to check.

Edit: Ah I got Klein with Brave bow+ just now need to find a way to make it work.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:49:43 PM by MewMewHeart »

Edible

« Reply #774 on: October 18, 2017, 05:48:13 PM »
Can any non-raven mages even OHKO BLyn?  28 res and 35 HP should keep her alive through any hit, and she won't be doubled by even +SPD Linde.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #775 on: October 18, 2017, 05:56:32 PM »
Maybe Life and Death Celica could, a lot of all-in Blade units probably could. Something running Bowbreaker could. But that's not really the issue in this case.

Lyn is a great matchup against mages in a normal battle, but in a PVE map with reinforcements she's liable to get worn down by chip damage after the third or fourth enemy. There are plenty of ways to mitigate that, but it's something to maybe be aware of.

Edit: For what it's worth, I've found that the most effective strategy in reinforcement maps usually involves combining an extremely strong ranged attacker (Brave Bow Bride Cordelia for me) with Escape Route and at least one but maybe two dancers with Wings of Mercy. Lets you be super mobile and safely snipe units that are getting too close without ever being in danger of getting hit back.

Just top off the team with some more offensive units to cover the sorts of things your primary attacker can't and you should be good to go. I also like using Breath of Life on the primary attacker to keep everyone else healthy. It's a great survival tool for longer battles like this or chain challenges.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:17:20 PM by commandercool »

Edible

« Reply #776 on: October 18, 2017, 06:08:43 PM »
Maybe Life and Death Celica could, a lot of all-in Blade units probably could. Something running Bowbreaker could. But that's not really the issue in this case.

BLyn's unique bow nullifies stat boosts against mages in combat, so she doesn't have to worry about any of that (except bowbreaker, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a mage run that and it only activates on their turn).

In regards to chip damage, I suppose you could run Desperation instead of Sacae's Blessing, but I'd rather have the latter to deal with Distant Counter.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #777 on: October 18, 2017, 06:14:29 PM »
BLyn's unique bow nullifies stat boosts against mages in combat, so she doesn't have to worry about any of that (except bowbreaker, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a mage run that and it only activates on their turn).

In regards to chip damage, I suppose you could run Desperation instead of Sacae's Blessing, but I'd rather have the latter to deal with Distant Counter.

Wait, does Bowbreaker only work on their turn? The other breaker skills don't work that way. I do run Bowbreaker very occasionally on mages but mostly it's bad because Brave Bow is so common. And fair enough about her weapon, I forgot about that.

For someone heavily invested in Brave Lyn I think giving her Brave Bow (may not even really need to be Brave Bow+)  or Desperation for endurance PVE challenges makes a lot of sense. But for PVP her normal set is very strong and doesn't really need much if any adjusting. You can give her both sets of skills and just swap back and forth as necessary.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:16:14 PM by commandercool »

Edible

« Reply #778 on: October 18, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »
You're correct re: Bowbreaker and other breaker skills, I was thinking of something else entirely.  Apologies.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #779 on: October 18, 2017, 06:27:45 PM »
Hmm... all these ideas are making me want to try that now... but Imma stick with Vanilla Brave Lyn...