Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 144501 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #660 on: September 07, 2017, 06:54:57 PM »
Help I'm stuck in the Hector banners someone help me get out

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #661 on: September 08, 2017, 07:11:35 AM »
Only 6k points for quickened pulse huh. It's basically free now.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #662 on: September 08, 2017, 07:12:39 AM »
Only 6k points for quickened pulse huh. It's basically free now.
YESSSS

YESSSSSSSSS

- My reaction a minute ago loading the app

EDIT: oooh, Distant Def 1 seal

Conqueror

« Reply #663 on: September 08, 2017, 08:09:49 AM »
Yeah, it's a pretty cool way to rotate the seals without making it so that they're impossible to get after the first time. Although I can only imagine how many more rotations it will take until it comes around again, I expect there might be a seal shop/TT reward shop in the future.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #664 on: September 08, 2017, 03:40:07 PM »
The 3x Tempest Trial boosts make it seem a lot friendlier for newer/weaker players. Even the 30 level drops about 420 (blaze it) if you get in only first team deep.

That's something I can appreciate for how bad game design Tempest initial launch was. Now if they could uh, just learn that lesson a few MORE times...

Conqueror

« Reply #665 on: September 08, 2017, 10:00:40 PM »
Yeah, definitely a good addition. I think in a recent interview IS did say that a lot of the features that came out weren't initially planned and were designed/tweaked based on player feedback. So hopefully that continues into the future.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #666 on: September 09, 2017, 08:23:45 AM »

what NO

this was a mistake

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #667 on: September 09, 2017, 07:46:38 PM »
You married a little girl.

Conqueror

« Reply #668 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:30 PM »
So as it turns out, Lyn's base kit + Brash Assault is really fun to play with in Tempest trials and takes care of all those pesky fast reds. Too bad that even if under 50% health and with activated Defiant Atk she's something like 5 hp off of killing Berserker Hector.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #669 on: September 11, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »
Yeah, I've also been playing Brash Assault Lyn. With Quickened Pulse her Gale Force comes up often. Almost want to find room for Summer Xander to speed it up even more but that's probably overkill.

Edit: I'm overloaded on feathers, so I did a census of what kinds of units I'm low on and came up with green mages.

Decided to promote FRobin because I never see her used and I like having weird units. Turns out there's a good reason that she's rarely seen. I can only describe her stats as "devastatingly awful". She's so trash-bad that I doubt she even stacks up especially well against the kinds of people that units that she's supposed to counter...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:52:46 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Conqueror

« Reply #670 on: September 11, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »
Funny thing, she has the exact same stats as neutral MRobin, although with Bonfire instead of Ignis he actually has a chance of getting his special off and Blarraven is infinitely more useful than Gronnwolf since the most relevant blue cav is Reinhardt who probably kills her anyway if cav buffed.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #671 on: September 11, 2017, 10:35:49 PM »
MRobin manages to squeak by with amazing abilities and good matchups but even he's beginning to show his age. They both suffer from the overly-balanced-stats syndrome that many earlier characters have.

I suppose FRobin could probably be salvaged into doing a decent job at a very narrow niche with Triangle Adept, but it feels like a little bit of a waste of a rare and powerful inherit and I know at least some Reinhardts are running Cancel Affinity now.

Conqueror

« Reply #672 on: September 12, 2017, 12:40:46 AM »
Isn't Cancel Affinity limited to non-mages, are you talking about archers? I know some of them are running that to counter -raven tomes.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #673 on: September 12, 2017, 12:43:54 AM »
No, I was talking about Reinhardt on the grounds that all I found when I was looking for an explanation of what it did was tons of people saying how good it was going to be on Reinhardt since it made him unwallable. But I guess they were wrong, I had no idea it couldn't be equipped to mages and I guess they didn't either. That's kind of interesting.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #674 on: September 12, 2017, 01:12:01 AM »
MRobin manages to squeak by with amazing abilities and good matchups but even he's beginning to show his age. They both suffer from the overly-balanced-stats syndrome that many earlier characters have.

I suppose FRobin could probably be salvaged into doing a decent job at a very narrow niche with Triangle Adept, but it feels like a little bit of a waste of a rare and powerful inherit and I know at least some Reinhardts are running Cancel Affinity now.

I wouldn't say overly balanced as much as just weirdly stated. Most of their defense stats are in armor instead of magic resist, so they can't really duel other mages. Ideally, they'd want to fight archers and ninjas, but those guys just haven't been relevant lately. Maybe the Robins might do okay against Lyn. This guy built a Camilla to do it, and they'll probably take less damage.

No, I was talking about Reinhardt on the grounds that all I found when I was looking for an explanation of what it did was tons of people saying how good it was going to be on Reinhardt since it made him unwallable. But I guess they were wrong, I had no idea it couldn't be equipped to mages and I guess they didn't either. That's kind of interesting.
Honestly, I'm not sure it would have been that big a deal. I can't think of too many triangle adept greens that I would want to put against Reinhardt. Maybe Fae? Most things I can think of would have been whaley pet projects. Things like Julia/Sonia/Nino would still kill him regardless. Maybe it would have been relevant at tier 20, but for the most part, I think most would keep their lance breaker.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:18:42 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #675 on: September 12, 2017, 01:49:03 AM »
What I'd been told was that Julia could only wall a boosted Reinhardt with Triangle Adept, and Cancel Affinity theoretically let him one-shot her. I don't play Horsey Emblem so I don't know if that's actually true.

I feel like archers are growing increasingly relevant lately between Brave Lyn and Bride Cordelia. I run a Brave Bow Bride Cordelia and I see them on opposing teams relatively often. It's pretty rare that I see ninjas, but archers are actually common lately. And I thiiiink Triangle Adept MRobin is a hard counter to both BLyn and BCordelia.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #676 on: September 12, 2017, 02:56:18 AM »
What I'd been told was that Julia could only wall a boosted Reinhardt with Triangle Adept, and Cancel Affinity theoretically let him one-shot her. I don't play Horsey Emblem so I don't know if that's actually true.

I feel like archers are growing increasingly relevant lately between Brave Lyn and Bride Cordelia. I run a Brave Bow Bride Cordelia and I see them on opposing teams relatively often. It's pretty rare that I see ninjas, but archers are actually common lately. And I thiiiink Triangle Adept MRobin is a hard counter to both BLyn and BCordelia.

I think Julia still kills him. I'm definitely know that Rein isn't killing her. He can't touch her unless he procs moonbow. Someone did a simulation and quickened pulse +10 merged Reinhardt with Moonbow still couldn't kill  unmerged Julia.  A lot of Julias are running Fury too.

As for bow, I don't think Cordelias that big a deal. She's fragile and lacks Reinhardt's mobility or access to tribal buffs(Is there a better term for this.) Usually, I just see them get oneshot. As far as defensive archers go, I'd rather have Takumi.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #677 on: September 12, 2017, 04:15:13 AM »
Cordelia is certainly not defensive, she's frail as hell. She's just the archer with the highest attack in the game (even higher than Brave Lyn) so she holds a Brave Bow well. She does indeed get one-shot a lot, but she's a glass cannon. Although for what it's worth I prefer the Death Blow version of her over the more common Life And Death build because it survives a lot more single hits and is still relatively difficult to double (at least on my team that tends to run Spur Speed and Drive Speed). I also run the Escape Route from her base kit because she does tend to get dropped to nearly dead by a lot of single hits, and once it's active it becomes really easy to keep her out of harm's way for the rest of the game.

Brave Lyn outclasses Bride Cordelia in a lot of ways, but Cordelia does still have higher stats in every category but Res and movement. Lyn's speed is higher if she uses Mulagir, but since the whole point of BCordelia is Brave Bow I guess it makes sense to assume Lyn is also holding a Brave Bow. I think Lyn is the best archer in the game, but she doesn't necessarily completely invalidate Cordelia either.

Lack of mobility and high-end buffs over Reinhardt is valid I guess, there's definitely a school of thought that everything should be compared to Reinhardt and there's no reason to ever use anything that isn't Horsey Emblem, and I don't really have a counterargument for that. If that's the way you want to look at it, fair enough, she probably is unplayable. But enough people in tiers 18-19-20 seem to choose not to play Horsey Emblem for one reason or another that she surfaces a lot in arena battles for me. On one hand that seems like it makes a dedicated anti-archer unit more valuable, but on the other hand it's not like taking her out before she can attack is really that difficult. Similarly Brave Lyn has been much less of a problem than I expected because her high speed means she tends to separate herself from the rest of a non-Horsey Emblem team to be easily picked off, and on a cavalry team she's far from the biggest problem anyway.

Edit: I think I'm going to start tracking arena usage again for a while. When I stopped keeping track Reinhardt was in the middle of his upswing and the popular units from the first wave (Takumi, Camilla, MRobin) were on the way out. It'll be interesting to see how things have changed. I expect to see Hector and Reinhardt at the absolute top of the list as well as Azura, Olivia, and all of the best cavalry units, but maybe there'll be surprise all-stars like Tiki was before. Gathering information will be a lot easier now that Arena Assault gives access to endless arena team compositions at no cost too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:20:46 AM by commandercool »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #678 on: September 12, 2017, 07:32:14 AM »
Cordelia is certainly not defensive, she's frail as hell. She's just the archer with the highest attack in the game (even higher than Brave Lyn) so she holds a Brave Bow well. She does indeed get one-shot a lot, but she's a glass cannon. Although for what it's worth I prefer the Death Blow version of her over the more common Life And Death build because it survives a lot more single hits and is still relatively difficult to double (at least on my team that tends to run Spur Speed and Drive Speed). I also run the Escape Route from her base kit because she does tend to get dropped to nearly dead by a lot of single hits, and once it's active it becomes really easy to keep her out of harm's way for the rest of the game.

Brave Lyn outclasses Bride Cordelia in a lot of ways, but Cordelia does still have higher stats in every category but Res and movement. Lyn's speed is higher if she uses Mulagir, but since the whole point of BCordelia is Brave Bow I guess it makes sense to assume Lyn is also holding a Brave Bow. I think Lyn is the best archer in the game, but she doesn't necessarily completely invalidate Cordelia either.

Lack of mobility and high-end buffs over Reinhardt is valid I guess, there's definitely a school of thought that everything should be compared to Reinhardt and there's no reason to ever use anything that isn't Horsey Emblem, and I don't really have a counterargument for that. If that's the way you want to look at it, fair enough, she probably is unplayable. But enough people in tiers 18-19-20 seem to choose not to play Horsey Emblem for one reason or another that she surfaces a lot in arena battles for me. On one hand that seems like it makes a dedicated anti-archer unit more valuable, but on the other hand it's not like taking her out before she can attack is really that difficult. Similarly Brave Lyn has been much less of a problem than I expected because her high speed means she tends to separate herself from the rest of a non-Horsey Emblem team to be easily picked off, and on a cavalry team she's far from the biggest problem anyway.

Edit: I think I'm going to start tracking arena usage again for a while. When I stopped keeping track Reinhardt was in the middle of his upswing and the popular units from the first wave (Takumi, Camilla, MRobin) were on the way out. It'll be interesting to see how things have changed. I expect to see Hector and Reinhardt at the absolute top of the list as well as Azura, Olivia, and all of the best cavalry units, but maybe there'll be surprise all-stars like Tiki was before. Gathering information will be a lot easier now that Arena Assault gives access to endless arena team compositions at no cost too.

Tbh, I didn't mean that Bride Cordelia sucks because she's not Reinhardt, it's just that her being infantry makes her fairly predictable and her being frail makes her easy to handle. I wouldn't trust her on defense without dancer shenanigans. On offense, her massive atk and speed make her pretty good. Tbh, even Reinhardt on his own isn't that big a deal for me, Julia handles him fine (Reinhardt goes 0x2) and Julia kills on the double. It's when they have multiple horse mages covering the entire map and people like Ursula are 1v1ing Julia through horse buffs that I have problems. 

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #679 on: September 12, 2017, 01:06:55 PM »
I wouldn't trust her on defense without dancer shenanigans.

Well sure, but basically every team runs a dancer, right? Basically all of mine do, especially defense teams. The only teams I see that don't run dancers at all that I really consider a threat are all-in cavalry and armor teams, and many of those even run one.

As for Reinhardt on defense, it's not that he's necessarily unwallable (Camilla takes like 1x2 damage and while she can't kill him on the counterattack she can bait him easily at least while conveniently charging her super) just that he has probably the best chance of anything in the game to get off a big attack on something that you don't want him to attack. Or to create a situation where you have to overextend to make him do that. Winning isn't necessarily the point of a defense team, just increasing your odds of securing a single kill to break your opponent's streak so they concede to start over.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #680 on: September 12, 2017, 07:45:21 PM »
So as it turns out, Lyn's base kit + Brash Assault is really fun to play with in Tempest trials and takes care of all those pesky fast reds. Too bad that even if under 50% health and with activated Defiant Atk she's something like 5 hp off of killing Berserker Hector.
The only, only benefit of having Eliwood as my only 1.4 bonus multiplier unit, is that he kills Berserker Hector in one round. Hmm, maybe that's because I have Triangle Adept 2 on the dood, though. Still!

Conqueror

« Reply #681 on: September 14, 2017, 07:57:15 AM »
New banner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mUTopTLItM

Also, with the release of this banner, a leak that was circulating is now pretty much confirmed. So things we can expect to see:

<September>
- Black Knight TT reward
<October>
- Arvis GHB in October
- FE4 Banner in October
<TBD>
- No L'Arachel on the horizon for 2 months at least

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #682 on: September 14, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »
Who's Arvis again.

->Not a flier

Oh yeah... Well, that's too bad. I mean, I realize that the last Grand Hero Battle was a flier and asking for two in a row is greedy, but they still haven't really given us an actual Hone Fliers option...

Edible

« Reply #683 on: September 14, 2017, 03:49:31 PM »
Damn, Elincia is great.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #684 on: September 14, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »
+3 Mt +3 Spd brave weapon replacement, comes with death blow and a teleport

*teaspit*

Edible

« Reply #685 on: September 14, 2017, 06:07:19 PM »
It's nuts, especially considering she's gonna be hanging around Hinoka and your Goad Fliers user of choice all day, so that teleport is going to see a ton of play.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #686 on: September 14, 2017, 07:34:30 PM »
It's a reverse Guidance but exclusive to flying allies instead of infantry/armor. The cooky thing is that she can have both that AND Guidance. Not that it's super broken together or anything? It just leaves open a lot of movement possibilities.

Anyway! I had to run my banner up to 4.5%, but I got her!!

Now if only she wasn't on the slow side.  :colonveeplusalpha:

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #687 on: September 14, 2017, 09:56:38 PM »
Do you have a plan for a set for her? I've been struggling with how to make mine less... underwhelming.

Conqueror

« Reply #688 on: September 14, 2017, 09:58:50 PM »
I gave my Ninian Fury 2 and Hone Attack 3. She's not going to be doing any combat, but it's usually enough to tank a hit and then she can fly around the map.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #689 on: September 15, 2017, 04:51:15 AM »
Who's Arvis again.

->Not a flier

Oh yeah... Well, that's too bad. I mean, I realize that the last Grand Hero Battle was a flier and asking for two in a row is greedy, but they still haven't really given us an actual Hone Fliers option...

People are speculating an armored mage. That'd be interesting. Also, I'm two runs away from 50k in Tempest Trials.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff