Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 144817 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #630 on: August 31, 2017, 08:39:37 PM »
So do we think Arena teams will be required to become 100% Brave Hero-centric from now on? Are they good enough that everyone must use one or more?

Once again Horsey Emblem get TWO powerful new tools but fliers, dragons, and armor get nothing, so will this push calvary even further into dominance? So much so that people start running countermeasures and the pendulum swings back maybe?

Ike does bonus damage to calvary, doesn't he? Will that be enough to make a difference? How does he match up against Reinhardt or Xander?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #631 on: August 31, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »
They're all pretty good, though I think Lyn is the most meta changing just because she's a fast cav archer. But it'll take a while for the real nasty builds to come out.

Ike's B skill is ambiguously translated. It's actually that his nullification skill only works against cavalry and fliers - he doesn't deal effective damage against them. So it's pretty niche. Reinhardt can't kill Ike because of Urvan's effect, and Ike will activate Aether on the counter because his A skill is basically a defensive heavy blade. Dunno about Xander though, I think Ike will die to most reds.

Maybe the Black Knight will save armors. Fliers I imagine will get new tools sooner or later but dragons...hah. Maybe Dheginsea.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:04:59 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #632 on: August 31, 2017, 09:13:41 PM »
I'm no Path Of Radiance fan particularly, but given the Black Knight's reputation as the awsomest most epicest most unbeatablest guy ever I kind of want to see him be bullshit strong but at a high cost. I wonder if a character who takes up two team slots could work? A mechanic like that could be used for a lot of the big scary villains actually. Although balancing it might be tricky. Especially since dancers exist...

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #633 on: August 31, 2017, 11:16:03 PM »
I'm no Path Of Radiance fan particularly, but given the Black Knight's reputation as the awsomest most epicest most unbeatablest guy ever I kind of want to see him be bullshit strong but at a high cost. I wonder if a character who takes up two team slots could work? A mechanic like that could be used for a lot of the big scary villains actually. Although balancing it might be tricky. Especially since dancers exist...
You know who's super ultra tough? Seth. Fucking Seth.  :wat:

I wish they released another Sacred Stones banner, with Myrrh. But I guess that ain't happening. The only dragon buff in existence is still Ninian's thing. How awful is that.

EDIT: conq I'm so jelly holy shit

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #634 on: September 01, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »
Oh hey, apparently the "nobody gets arena defenses ever" thing was a bug. Well, that's nice to know.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #635 on: September 02, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »
Galeforce is fun. Here's some of the dumb things I'm doing with it:
https://gfycat.com/lastingquestionableemeraldtreeskink

Conqueror

« Reply #636 on: September 03, 2017, 09:56:28 PM »
Wait, didn't I see this somewhere el-
*Looks at username*
Ohhh. Clever.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #637 on: September 04, 2017, 02:24:38 AM »
Oh daaang, it looks like Camilla might actually win this voting gauntlet! Which is silly because she didn't get a brave form, but that would still be neat. Can Ike finally end the streak of waifu wins though? Even if Cam beats Lyn the fight certainly isn't over.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #638 on: September 04, 2017, 06:36:41 AM »
Oh daaang, it looks like Camilla might actually win this voting gauntlet! Which is silly because she didn't get a brave form, but that would still be neat. Can Ike finally end the streak of waifu wins though? Even if Cam beats Lyn the fight certainly isn't over.

Cammy winning is causing a massive outpouring of salt. I'm going to admit, I thought Lynn had this.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Conqueror

« Reply #639 on: September 04, 2017, 07:02:10 AM »
Well, in one sense she did have it due to a lot more popularity, but this is the first time the comeback mechanic has actually affected a major match. For the CYL gauntlet no less - I imagine people were hyped for a Ike vs Lyn final since that would have been a tossup, but now Ike is going to be massively more popular than Camilla.
I'll be amused if Camilla pulls the upset twice though. IIRC the reason why the multiplier mechanic was added in the first place was after Camilla completely bodied her opposition in the fliers gauntlet, with a bigger score than everyone else combined.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #640 on: September 04, 2017, 12:43:28 PM »
Ok I will admit Camilla winning against Lyn caught me by surprise. I guess nobody saw it coming!!!
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #641 on: September 04, 2017, 04:08:11 PM »
Camilla can't be defeated I hope! Except for that recent time when she was and didn't get a brave form.

Just about every flag I've spent so far has been during a boosted period, so I'm getting value off of her barely squeaking buy every time.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #642 on: September 04, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »
Camilla can't be defeated I hope! Except for that recent time when she was and didn't get a brave form.

Just about every flag I've spent so far has been during a boosted period, so I'm getting value off of her barely squeaking buy every time.
Errr... looking at the score it seems Ike is dominating over Camilla by a mile.... it's scary...

Edit: Now it's tooth and nail... oh boy.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 04:20:00 PM by MewMewHeart »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #643 on: September 04, 2017, 04:24:01 PM »
I haven't seen the spread get very large yet.

And don't underestimate the comeback mechanic, in traditional Nintendo fashion a la Splatoon it's ridiculously swingy. I spent 400 flags at an 8.7x multiplier yesterday.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #644 on: September 04, 2017, 06:36:45 PM »
I've been trying to get Hector for the past week and it's not even that I can't pull him. I can't make green orbs show up. It's bad.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #645 on: September 05, 2017, 02:01:34 AM »
Ok the Fire Emblem "elitists" are starting to piss me off like seriously a lot of comments are butt hurt fans who really hated Lyn lost to Camilla.... to the point they're saying a shit ton of things that just rub me the wrong way to the point it makes me think they don't deserve to be fans at all, half of them are jumping on the Ike boat just to get payback like bruh chill the fuck out. (Sorry had to get that out of my system)

Anyway Imma try and support Camilla till the end sorry if it sounds like I'm blowing my top but I had to rant, anyway uuugh the Brave Heroes seem to be giving my Ryoma a run for his money.

Conqueror

« Reply #646 on: September 05, 2017, 02:23:23 AM »
Games are serious business.
I expect the mechanics of the gauntlet to change the next time it's run, given a recent interview said the devs get a lot of ideas from player feedback and I'm sure some people are complaining there.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #647 on: September 05, 2017, 02:40:23 AM »
Honestly it seems like pretty much the entire gauntlet comes down to how the pendulum of comeback mechanics' swing lines up with the session's end time. Although the team with more people could probably mitigate that by getting ahead toward the end of the second day and just not playing for a while. If the weaker team doesn't get pushed far enough behind by the majority bumping up their score then they'll never get a chance to sneak in with a big score multiplier at the last second. That obviously isn't ideal, so even though I've benefited from this I hope the mechanic changes. Not sure to what, but something.

Fire Emblem elitists are the worst. The "oldest possible thing is best possible thing" mentality is rarely more prevalent than with Fire Emblem fanboys dumping on the more recent games. I'm certainly not trying to make the case that Fates or Awakening are criticism-proof or perfect, there's plenty to not like about them and preferring a different game over them is a totally valid opinion of course, but I've never been able to shake the feeling that the NES-only crowd are more interested in the hipster factor of "you probably haven't even heard of the Fire Emblem games I like" and "I liked it before it was cool" than they are in fairly evaluating the pros and cons of the different eras. And nobody gets mad on the internet like a hipster.  :wat:

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #648 on: September 05, 2017, 03:02:24 AM »
Honestly it seems like pretty much the entire gauntlet comes down to how the pendulum of comeback mechanics' swing lines up with the session's end time. Although the team with more people could probably mitigate that by getting ahead toward the end of the second day and just not playing for a while. If the weaker team doesn't get pushed far enough behind by the majority bumping up their score then they'll never get a chance to sneak in with a big score multiplier at the last second. That obviously isn't ideal, so even though I've benefited from this I hope the mechanic changes. Not sure to what, but something.

Fire Emblem elitists are the worst. The "oldest possible thing is best possible thing" mentality is rarely more prevalent than with Fire Emblem fanboys dumping on the more recent games. I'm certainly not trying to make the case that Fates or Awakening are criticism-proof or perfect, there's plenty to not like about them and preferring a different game over them is a totally valid opinion of course, but I've never been able to shake the feeling that the NES-only crowd are more interested in the hipster factor of "you probably haven't even heard of the Fire Emblem games I like" and "I liked it before it was cool" than they are in fairly evaluating the pros and cons of the different eras. And nobody gets mad on the internet like a hipster.  :wat:

It's been that and more like bashing on Fates more than Awakening tbh... but still holy fuck the comments on Youtube were cancer enough to make me wanna smash my laptop. Hopefully they change the voting system to be more suitable.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #649 on: September 05, 2017, 11:00:09 AM »
the comments on YouTube were [sic]
:colbert:

I'm ambivalent about the gauntlet. If anything Camilla winning added some excitement to a pretty dry thingamajig.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #650 on: September 05, 2017, 01:19:09 PM »
Just as I hoped, Brave Lucina has really breathed some new life into Camilla. Cam has been growing increasingly niche for a long time now thanks to her excessively balanced stats, but the bonuses from Lucina give her just enough reach that it's secured her tons and tons of one-round kills that she fell short of before.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #651 on: September 05, 2017, 01:41:35 PM »
:colbert:

I'm ambivalent about the gauntlet. If anything Camilla winning added some excitement to a pretty dry thingamajig.
I have no comment all I can do is laugh at myself. XD

Conqueror

« Reply #652 on: September 06, 2017, 05:03:09 AM »
RD-style supports just got added, lmao. Everyone can have one set of supports, and your summoner can also special summoner support someone

Edit: seriously this is ridiculous, at s rank she'll get 2 more attack, speed, and 1 more hp
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:10:29 AM by Conqueror »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #653 on: September 06, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
That's... Interesting. Seems kind of ill-conceived, but we'll see how it works in practice.

The biggest problem is that the correct choice seems to be BunCam since normal Camilla gets hard countered by way more things, but it feels wrong not to pick the original model... :D

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #654 on: September 06, 2017, 10:22:31 PM »
So is today the first time we've seen Summoner and their weapon rendered? They look kind of familiar, are they in a cut scene I don't fully remember or something?

Conqueror

« Reply #655 on: September 06, 2017, 11:37:53 PM »
The opening cinematic, under FAQ/Movies.
Yeah, it's been a while.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #656 on: September 06, 2017, 11:45:30 PM »

Best friends forever!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #657 on: September 07, 2017, 12:37:37 PM »

There we go, there's that Brave Lyn. Might as well keep pecking away at the banner until it goes away and try to grab the other two.

Conqueror

« Reply #658 on: September 07, 2017, 02:35:58 PM »
On the last pull too, now that's what I call a close shave.
At least the units are permanent additions to the roster so they'll be in the pool even after the banner is gone.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #659 on: September 07, 2017, 03:22:19 PM »
Well, it was the last pull but I've been doing pulls every time I have 9-13 orbs for the whole banner. So I guess in a way all of my pulls are close shaves. :D