Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 144633 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #570 on: August 07, 2017, 06:31:20 PM »
Meanwhile I'm intrigued by this new arena mode. It's not completely clear from the description how it works or what the point of it is and it's not live yet, but it sounds interesting.
Squad Assault but with Arena teams - 7 consecutive battles. No stamina or arena swords used or bonus units involved, you get Sacred Coins which are used for who knows what.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #571 on: August 07, 2017, 06:35:14 PM »
Squad Assault but with Arena teams - 7 consecutive battles. No stamina or arena swords used or bonus units involved, you get Sacred Coins which are used for who knows what.
I think those coins are used to buy the items that are used for the new arena according to what the stream said.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Conqueror

« Reply #572 on: August 07, 2017, 10:36:05 PM »
Hmm, perhaps. It does seem like you also get (random?) items as drops for successfully completing consecutive arena battles though, so who knows! My personal hope is for a 1* hero shop or something, useful for skill inheritance.

Also, this FEHkeeper site is pretty useful for tracking units. And now all of my 5 mages are blue!

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #573 on: August 08, 2017, 07:35:08 PM »
Around a hundo orbs later...

I'd say it's worth it! Her voice actress kicks ass.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #574 on: August 08, 2017, 08:56:35 PM »
"Ooh, so hot!"

I've built a very sketchy defensively-oriented Flier Emblem around her. She seems fine, but she's definitely fun.

I wonder how Blarblade Summer Corrin compares to Gronnblade Easter Camilla as flying magic tentpoles go? Either way, using both on the same team doesn't seem completely implausible.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #575 on: August 08, 2017, 09:09:49 PM »
"Ooh, so hot!"

I've built a very sketchy defensively-oriented Flier Emblem around her. She seems fine, but she's definitely fun.

I wonder how Blarblade Summer Corrin compares to Gronnblade Easter Camilla as flying magic tentpoles go? Either way, using both on the same team doesn't seem completely implausible.
You can never go wrong with more mages. Mooooore mages. I have a team with two -blade mages and a dancer-buffer and whoever wants to attack gets the buffs. It's really good.

As for the flier team, it kinda sucks that the flier C skills are so rare - two of them are exclusive to five star units (Minerva and Hinoka). You don't really have a choice but to build a defensive one without Palla!

EDIT: the aforementioned team:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:12:28 PM by BT »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #576 on: August 08, 2017, 09:14:03 PM »
I put Rally Attack on Summer Corrin and that still puts BunCam squarely in the "one-shot most things" range, and the defensive boost is actually relevant since I have Quick Riposte and Iote's Shield on Cam, but I would obviously still run offensive flier boosts if I could. It does kind of bother me that Horsey Emblem inherits have been so freely available but fliers remain essentially inaccessible.

Conqueror

« Reply #577 on: August 09, 2017, 01:03:05 AM »
I reckon they'll release more 4* flyers with class buffs in the future to make them more accessible, maybe even as GHB units. Although Valter isn't coming with any, shame.

Edit: Also, for anyone looking to farm items in Arena assault, if you enter your first match with a single lvl 40 unit and choose the easiest match, you'll fight a 1v1 and the other 6 beginner matches will also only have 1 enemy unit at lvl 40, which is enough to get you an easy 7-streak for 3 items.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:04:43 AM by Conqueror »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #578 on: August 11, 2017, 07:39:05 AM »

Looks like they fixed the speed rating. :(

EDIT:

Ooh, much better.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:03:12 AM by BT »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #579 on: August 11, 2017, 08:09:57 AM »
Is it just me or does Hardy Bearing change everything? Am I reading it correctly that it just unilaterally turns off all Vantage for opponents?  What other moves are "attack priority" based? Desperation?

(Edit: If I am reading it correctly and it does change everything then it's not a bad change. Vantage is kinda dumb.)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #580 on: August 11, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »
Is it just me or does Hardy Bearing change everything? Am I reading it correctly that it just unilaterally turns off all Vantage for opponents?  What other moves are "attack priority" based? Desperation?

(Edit: If I am reading it correctly and it does change everything then it's not a bad change. Vantage is kinda dumb.)
Yeah, I think it affects the Vantage, Desparation, Quick Riposte, Brash Assault group of skills. It means Vantage units aren't totally invincible anymore.

It's not a really good seal though. You can turn one of your unit into someone who can clean up opposing Vantage units but then the seal's useless for everything else. I mean, it's cool that they're nerfing Vantage a bit, but I'm not super excited for the seal itself.

(Add to that how you need to be at full health to reap the benefits. If you're not then it only affects your unit lul.)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #581 on: August 11, 2017, 12:05:47 PM »
As far as I know it shouldn't effect Quick Riposte or Brash Assault? Not based on wording anyway. Do we have confirmation that it does? And if so then does it also work on weaponbreakers?

I think one seal slot is a lot less of a concession to deal with Vantage than the kinds of crazy drawback your get with any of the Sweep abilities. They work on other things obviously, and I have never owned any of them to try them myself, but at worst this is a solid budget option and at best it might be better. Pending team anyway. Definitely better on the sorts of defensive teams I prefer personally.

Conqueror

« Reply #582 on: August 11, 2017, 06:19:25 PM »
From my understanding it only makes it so that the order of attacks isn't changed from "normal", so only Desperation and Vantage (and Lyn's weapon) should be affected. QR and Brash Assault make a followup but it isn't immediate.

Also, the 2 bonus scoring runs per day for Tempest Trials is great - 2 runs is almost 2k points, so 10 days of 2 runs easily gets you the 40k reward. The bonus unit stat buffs are pretty monstrous too.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #583 on: August 12, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »

Continuing the trend of getting the main thing I want out of each banner. Not sure if Fortify Dragons is a real team but I'm probably going to try it.

Conqueror

« Reply #584 on: August 14, 2017, 07:08:54 AM »

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #585 on: August 14, 2017, 07:35:22 AM »
No Myrrh, yet. But at least they remembered Sacred Stones.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #586 on: August 14, 2017, 08:39:48 AM »
Whoah, Armor March and Guidance are super powerful.

I feel like it's only a matter of time before there's a Calvary March and it's super available on powerful, common units...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #587 on: August 14, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »
This pleases me well they are doing Sacred Stones stuff.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #588 on: August 14, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »
Weeeeeeel fuck hero fest then.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #589 on: August 14, 2017, 01:30:15 PM »
Amelia?

I'm gonna have to cancel my vacation from this game.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #590 on: August 14, 2017, 03:40:56 PM »

Finally got around to completing the Camilla n' pals theme team. Selena seems... really bad honestly.

I could also use the special edition Camilla and/or Corrin, which probably makes for a better team overall. Can we get a Halloween Selena maybe? A flying one? With Hone Fliers..?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #591 on: August 14, 2017, 06:32:44 PM »
I'm still so incredibly salty

DID YOU REALLY JUST ANNOUNCE THE SACRED STONES BANNER NOW YOU CANNOT DO THAT INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS

arg

Conqueror

« Reply #592 on: August 15, 2017, 01:05:41 AM »
I certainly hope Cavalry March never comes, we don't need 4 movement units with 2 range + dancer in arena. Guidance looks to be flyer only, which is interesting.

Also, I suspect the next banner will also be sacred stones but I'm not betting any orbs on that guess

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #593 on: August 15, 2017, 04:00:50 AM »
The devs seem to have a raging boner for Horsey Emblem, but that's probably too much even for them. Hopefully.

Do you think there's a March ability other than Armor March that wouldn't be overpowered? Would Dragon March be too good? Calvary March and Flier March seem like they might be gratuitous, but dragon and maybe infantry might be okay.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #594 on: August 15, 2017, 10:43:33 AM »
Infantry March too much. We have Infantry Pulse for now.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #595 on: August 15, 2017, 04:04:12 PM »
Goddamn, Guidance is terrifying to play against. Teams with multiple Guidances are going to be a nightmare.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #596 on: August 15, 2017, 06:55:45 PM »
Disgusting

Conqueror

« Reply #597 on: August 15, 2017, 07:11:06 PM »
Armors shouldn't be that fast. We've broken the natural order.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #598 on: August 15, 2017, 07:22:04 PM »
How does she have 2400 SP and 0 merit? Did I miss a mechanic?

Conqueror

« Reply #599 on: August 15, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »
I think that's a screenshot of one of the leaked units (aka hacked and autoleveled with shards before the official release), otherwise, normal shard leveling wouldn't give you enough SP to learn all skills and still have that much left over.