Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 284971 times)

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
When this happens, well, I don't even know what to say. I will be overjoyed if that happens, I know that. Just for a little insight for if you were do this, how would you set up the account system? Would it be Shrine Maiden members only or what?

About the Carmagedden, I know you were not to release the how to on it until a certain event/time were to happen, though seeing said video really has me wanting to do this myself. Though it is likely you'll say no, could you attach the modded files with the values of Carmagedden even if it is not complete and still under tests?
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2011, 03:07:56 AM »
I probably won't be the first person to set up a MotK SAMP server due to lack of time, but it'd be a great idea and a fun complement to the DotS player group here.

As for GTA Carmageddon, I have decided to attach my modified files, along with the Stream INI Extender, the SALA mod, and their changed configurations in this post. This version matches what I used during the video. I'll let you find out what I did; however, I advise you don't release this or any of its information elsewhere in any form until given the all-clear. (I'm still making a video version for stock GTA:SA, and after that it's back to more Touhou mod. This is really the major reason for the hold-up.)

Back up the original files first. Also for inexplicable reasons I had noticed a few crashes regarding the advertisements.

<attachment downloaded and removed>

EDIT: Let me know if you have any problems, and as the video mentioned it works better with the aggressive driving cheat.
EDIT2: I realized that I had windowed mode on. To go back to full screen changed "Windowed=1" at the bottom of salimits.ini to "Windowed=0" (no quotes). Save, exit, rerun game. Also for some reason certain mods (extended graphics settings, Ryosuke's fast loader) crash on mine...this is especially annoying since I usually play on a 16:9 monitor and SA doesn't support that ratio....
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:48:00 AM by Absurd Fruit Publication, Ammy Edition »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2011, 03:33:57 AM »
Your files are safe with me. Thank you. I appreciate it XD. Now I'm going to have fun getting Reimu ran over about 10,000 times
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2011, 06:45:43 PM »

EDIT: Let me know if you have any problems, and as the video mentioned it works better with the aggressive driving cheat.
EDIT2: I realized that I had windowed mode on. To go back to full screen changed "Windowed=1" at the bottom of salimits.ini to "Windowed=0" (no quotes). Save, exit, rerun game. Also for some reason certain mods (extended graphics settings, Ryosuke's fast loader) crash on mine...this is especially annoying since I usually play on a 16:9 monitor and SA doesn't support that ratio....

GTA just stretches on my 16:9 screen. Also, about the full screen , deleting the d3d9.dll file will restore full screen. I used to play using windowed mode and that file was what did the trick so removing that was all was needed.

Also, I have noticed, my game no longer does its speed spurts, at least as often. I did notice a lower amount of spurts each time I played the game which is weird, but I like that it fixed itself.

Extended graphics settings? I have never seen graphics settings to begin with, but inform me about that if you may. It may become useful for my laptops.

We have massive Touhou model replacements for the characters, but do we have any landscape/building models of the Touhou theme to replace in game?
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2011, 07:01:15 PM »
How's Carmageddon shaping up?

Huh, I thought d3d9.dll was needed for SALA. Oh well, and besides Windowed mode makes the smoke look strange!

Interesting development with the spurts. I guess it's due to the performance-boosting settings in SALA and stream.ini?

Ryosuke's extended graphics settings are obtainable here as an ASI. It adds support for different frame limiting settings and resolutions (notably those in 16:9). What it doesn't do is give support for other settings such as quality, very high draw distances, etc., which need other mods (eg. Ryosuke's colour mod) or settings tweaks (eg. the 10x population file that I included with the attachment).

As for the building models, I don't know of any. However, I do remember that some modders made a Hakurei Shrine map in SA.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2011, 05:28:19 AM »
I can't really tell if its had anything to do with the stream.ini file or the SALA as it seemed the getting better was progressing even before I got your files. Ah, who cares, it works now and that's what I'm happy for. Too bad Flight is still down though.

And how big was this map extension you speak about?

Almost forgot to mention that Carmageddon is great XDDD!!!
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2011, 05:37:04 AM »
Flight down...hm, maybe it's your CLEO script that's a bit bugged. If needed I can attach mine.

As for the map extension, I have only seen a video of it online and don't know anything else about it.

Thanks for the GTA Camageddon comment! After a few uni things and TTS-1 remixes it's back to this :)
Bad command or file name

pineyappled

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2011, 12:11:11 AM »
This looks amazing! Thanks.

Now to figure out how to install it. FML.

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2011, 12:37:28 AM »
If you've got it all downloaded then just paste the whole thing into your GTA:SA install directory.
If spellcards and player model switching don't work, get a new copy of CLEO.asi as I explained in an above post. I reccomend v3 but for some people v4 is fine.
To use one of the model set (replaces NPCs and story characters with models of a game or theme), rename the file gta3.img in the "models" folder to gta3.img.old so you'll have a backup of it, and put a copy (so you'll have a backup of this too) of the desired model set (i.e. gta3 IN.img for Imperishable Night characters) in the "models" folder and rename it to gta3.img.
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2011, 01:05:17 AM »
Flight down...hm, maybe it's your CLEO script that's a bit bugged. If needed I can attach mine.

Attaching the .cs file would be lovely.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2011, 01:06:50 AM »
Attaching the .cs file would be lovely.
Here you go, as requested. Stick in CLEO directory.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2011, 01:48:39 AM »
That was fast. OK, I'll test right now
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2011, 01:53:46 AM »
Hey! It works now WHOOHOOOOOOoooo!!!!

It also appears that whoever made the Cirno model forgot to give her panties. What a shot ><
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:58:26 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2011, 11:45:18 AM »
It also appears that whoever made the Cirno model forgot to give her panties. What a shot ><

Wut.

Suddenly I am inspired to play again...
:colonveeplusalpha:
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »
It's even more apparent when flying with Kaguya.

Though maybe the lack of panties was intentional, given it was textured and all?

EDIT: ...yeah, it's probably the modeller. I replaced my Cirno playermodel with a slightly more clothed one (seems to be the same artist) and she still has no panties. Hahaha.
Though now I'm considering replacing duplicates with other models.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:45:19 PM by Absurd Fruit Publication, Ammy Edition »
Bad command or file name

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2011, 05:40:17 PM »
Looks awesome =DD. Can't wait to try it.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2011, 09:17:58 PM »

Suddenly I am inspired to play again...
:colonveeplusalpha:

I see what you did there. Had to copy pasta into notepad to read it XDDDD

It's even more apparent when flying with Kaguya.

Though maybe the lack of panties was intentional, given it was textured and all?

EDIT: ...yeah, it's probably the modeller. I replaced my Cirno playermodel with a slightly more clothed one (seems to be the same artist) and she still has no panties. Hahaha.
Though now I'm considering replacing duplicates with other models.

Im Ok with my set of models. According to what I had before I found this wonderful website, my original models sucked, so its going to take a while before I stop saying "these look wonderful" to myself.

I haven't flown with Kaguya yet since I haven't played much yesterday. Yesterday was ridiculously busy for once in my life.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2011, 09:35:08 PM »
Im Ok with my set of models. According to what I had before I found this wonderful website, my original models sucked, so its going to take a while before I stop saying "these look wonderful" to myself.

I haven't flown with Kaguya yet since I haven't played much yesterday. Yesterday was ridiculously busy for once in my life.
I'm really just trying to get more variety in player models. Setting a 20x population setting makes repeats VERY obvious, but on the other hand it means more cars and pedestrians to suffer the Carmageddon wrath.

Carmageddon progress: even better. Set the limits even higher (except for car inertia - that's back to normal after finding out higher values here slowed down the acceleration curve), and the results are even better.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2011, 12:49:51 AM »
I'm really just trying to get more variety in player models. Setting a 20x population setting makes repeats VERY obvious, but on the other hand it means more cars and pedestrians to suffer the Carmageddon wrath.

Carmageddon progress: even better. Set the limits even higher (except for car inertia - that's back to normal after finding out higher values here slowed down the acceleration curve), and the results are even better.

In the Carmageddon update you just slapped us with, I guess what you are trying to do is get it as close to GTA 4 Carmageddon as possible?

About the 20x population. What file to I find that setting in?
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2011, 01:00:14 AM »
In the Carmageddon update you just slapped us with, I guess what you are trying to do is get it as close to GTA 4 Carmageddon as possible?

About the 20x population. What file to I find that setting in?
That's somewhat correct, but not entirely. If it was an imitation we'd need a better physics engine too :P. The recent update was made to create more chaos than my original version, let alone stock settings, will provide.

20x population is managed by editing values in popcycle.dat, salimits.ini (40x the default AI car and pedestrian limit), and stream.ini (vehicles now set to 1200, with 1512000 for memory). In theory this will set the maximum population limits in areas to 20 times their normal values, but it usually doesn't go quite that far. Regardless the effects are more noticeable.
The Carmageddon files I gave you had a 10x population setting with 10x greater AI car and pedestrian limit and vehicles=24. Memory was set at 1024000.

Strange part of this update (maybe the original too?) was that some vehicles (cement truck) still drove normally even with aggressive driving on unless a collision occured. Tested around the dam area.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:03:26 AM by Absurd Fruit Publication »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2011, 01:15:19 AM »
That's somewhat correct, but not entirely. If it was an imitation we'd need a better physics engine too :P. The recent update was made to create more chaos than my original version, let alone stock settings, will provide.

20x population is managed by editing values in popcycle.dat, salimits.ini (40x the default AI car and pedestrian limit), and stream.ini (vehicles now set to 1200, with 1512000 for memory). In theory this will set the maximum population limits in areas to 20 times their normal values, but it usually doesn't go quite that far. Regardless the effects are more noticeable.
The Carmageddon files I gave you had a 10x population setting with 10x greater AI car and pedestrian limit and vehicles=24. Memory was set at 1024000.

Strange part of this update (maybe the original too?) was that some vehicles (cement truck) still drove normally even with aggressive driving on unless a collision occured. Tested around the dam area.

I never seen the cement truck to test it.

With the aggressive driving cheat any car that originally wasn't moving when it spawned (say spawned at a stop light) doesn't have the effects as well. Of coarse yes it goes flying as soon as it moves again.

It shall be very interesting to see the finished product.

With the vehicles in stream.ini, having it set to 1200 is a little overkill for the never reached number, is it not (even though you did mention that even the population would never get that high)? hehe, just imagine 1200 cars flying by...that's not chaos, that's "I need to fly! FAST! *gets hit by car*"
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2011, 01:24:46 AM »
I never seen the cement truck to test it.

With the aggressive driving cheat any car that originally wasn't moving when it spawned (say spawned at a stop light) doesn't have the effects as well. Of coarse yes it goes flying as soon as it moves again.

It shall be very interesting to see the finished product.

With the vehicles in stream.ini, having it set to 1200 is a little overkill for the never reached number, is it not (even though you did mention that even the population would never get that high)? hehe, just imagine 1200 cars flying by...that's not chaos, that's "I need to fly! FAST! *gets hit by car*"
The cement trucks were driving when I saw them. I already knew about the parked cars' behaviour, and it's not as funny as the GTA IV version where it can double as an anti-theft system.

The value isn't for the number of cars (that's under popcycle.dat), but rather the variety of cars that spawn and the distances which the cars will be kept in memory. Haven't tested said distance yet.

But when it comes to overkill, this is all that needs to be said:
Overkill is the best kind of kill only kind of kill you should ever use. :smug:
Remember kids, it's not truly a victory unless you've completely fucked them up! :3

If you really want overkill, look at my handling.cfg and change all the values under J to -9. Then the cars turn into bullet trains (at least from what I had under early testing)! :D
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2011, 01:57:13 AM »
The cement trucks were driving when I saw them. I already knew about the parked cars' behaviour, and it's not as funny as the GTA IV version where it can double as an anti-theft system.

The value isn't for the number of cars (that's under popcycle.dat), but rather the variety of cars that spawn and the distances which the cars will be kept in memory. Haven't tested said distance yet.

But when it comes to overkill, this is all that needs to be said:Remember kids, it's not truly a victory unless you've completely fucked them up! :3

If you really want overkill, look at my handling.cfg and change all the values under J to -9. Then the cars turn into bullet trains (at least from what I had under early testing)! :D

Are you kidding me? The cars are already bullet trains XDD. Anyways, I have an issue I would like to point out. It is shown in the picture. But more detailed, its the dropping of the surrounding details of the game. Whatever is in front will usually stay, but this was occurring 90 degrees in both directions of the camera as well as behind of coarse. Anyway to keep the game and its details? May this have something to do with the fact I only have 2GB of RAM and 1GB is partitioned for just the textures?

I love the doubling as an anti-theft system. Its funny watching Nico trying to get in the right as it starts spinning around and flying against the walls.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:00:43 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2011, 02:04:37 AM »
I get this issue too, but not very often. I have 2GB set and 8GB total RAM, which seems to reduce how often this happens. (I don't think going over 4GB is a good idea, since GTA: SA is a 32-bit application, which only addresses <=4GB of memory at any given time.)

I'd suggest upgrading your RAM to 4GB. I'm assuming you're running 32-bit XP, meaning the most it can use is 3.5GB of RAM. If you're running a 64-bit version instead (or plan to upgrade to one), skip that and move directly to 8GB.
Afterwards, allocate extra memory in stream.ini.

For memory upgrades, Crucial's memory advisor tool can tell you what kind of memory your system takes. Of course, you don't have to buy it from just them.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:13:34 AM by Absurd Fruit Publication »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2011, 03:39:21 AM »
I get this issue too, but not very often. I have 2GB set and 8GB total RAM, which seems to reduce how often this happens. (I don't think going over 4GB is a good idea, since GTA: SA is a 32-bit application, which only addresses <=4GB of memory at any given time.)

I'd suggest upgrading your RAM to 4GB. I'm assuming you're running 32-bit XP, meaning the most it can use is 3.5GB of RAM. If you're running a 64-bit version instead (or plan to upgrade to one), skip that and move directly to 8GB.
Afterwards, allocate extra memory in stream.ini.

For memory upgrades, Crucial's memory advisor tool can tell you what kind of memory your system takes. Of course, you don't have to buy it from just them.

Hehe, I am a hardware technician. I don't need a program to tell me what my computer can take XDDDDDD. If I had more RAM at hand, I would upgrade, but money is tight.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2011, 03:44:31 AM »
Hehe, I am a hardware technician. I don't need a program to tell me what my computer can take XDDDDDD. If I had more RAM at hand, I would upgrade, but money is tight.
Wasn't aware of that and gave the benefit of the doubt. Oh well!

Alternatively, try trimming down any processes and whatever running in the background at startup (anti-virus especially). Reducing the clutter frees up memory which can be used for GTA: SA or anything else. Cleaning up clutter with Disk Cleanup or CCleaner also works well in some cases (less stuff = more speed for hard drives. SSDs need not worry)
There are other suggestions too (defragment, put swap file on another physical drive or at least its own partition, even clean install), but I'll leave it at the practical and easy solutions.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2011, 08:58:33 PM »
Wasn't aware of that and gave the benefit of the doubt. Oh well!

Alternatively, try trimming down any processes and whatever running in the background at startup (anti-virus especially). Reducing the clutter frees up memory which can be used for GTA: SA or anything else. Cleaning up clutter with Disk Cleanup or CCleaner also works well in some cases (less stuff = more speed for hard drives. SSDs need not worry)
There are other suggestions too (defragment, put swap file on another physical drive or at least its own partition, even clean install), but I'll leave it at the practical and easy solutions.

I even beat these suggestions XDDDDDDDD. I run a modified version of Windows XP. It uses 80MB of RAM at start-up with my current set up. The HD speed is at 7200RPM and I have 2GB DDR2 RAM clocked at 533Mhtz with dual-core Anthlon 64 x2 processor. I have a third stick of RAM laying around, but I can't find it.Oh well
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2011, 09:12:24 PM »
I even beat these suggestions XDDDDDDDD. I run a modified version of Windows XP. It uses 80MB of RAM at start-up with my current set up. The HD speed is at 7200RPM and I have 2GB DDR2 RAM clocked at 533Mhtz with dual-core Anthlon 64 x2 processor. I have a third stick of RAM laying around, but I can't find it.Oh well
That's crazy!

I've noticed that flying around long distances for prolonged periods of time would make it more likely to trigger the world objects/textures issue (low-res textures, clip-in, etc.)

While more RAM will be a big helper, boosting the RAM speed may help. I do know that AM2-socket CPUs and later don't have an FSB, though, so the common "boost the FSB speed" trick for Intel chips doesn't work. I don't think the processor can be blamed for much, on the other hand.

7200RPM HDD...then the hard drive's probably ruled out with the probable exception of loading the textures from the hard drive. But most people (read: not me) would not be playing this game on a VelociRaptor or an SSD, and the developers were aware of that.

EDIT: As for the cement truck, well, it turns out that in some areas (notably the dam) traffic will continue to drive normally even with aggressive driving. No idea why, but I've tested it with stock and carmageddon settings, so it's probably hard-coded.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:26:42 PM by Absurd Fruit Publication »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2011, 05:34:48 AM »

I've noticed that flying around long distances for prolonged periods of time would make it more likely to trigger the world objects/textures issue (low-res textures, clip-in, etc.)

While more RAM will be a big helper, boosting the RAM speed may help. I do know that AM2-socket CPUs and later don't have an FSB, though, so the common "boost the FSB speed" trick for Intel chips doesn't work. I don't think the processor can be blamed for much, on the other hand.

7200RPM HDD...then the hard drive's probably ruled out with the probable exception of loading the textures from the hard drive. But most people (read: not me) would not be playing this game on a VelociRaptor or an SSD, and the developers were aware of that.

EDIT: As for the cement truck, well, it turns out that in some areas (notably the dam) traffic will continue to drive normally even with aggressive driving. No idea why, but I've tested it with stock and carmageddon settings, so it's probably hard-coded.

Any update to the effectiveness of the Carmageddon besides what you had given me?

By the way. ALL computers have a FSB regardless of the CPU or Chipset and its age. FSB is referred to as pulse time from a CPU to its memory through the North and south bridge controllers. If you are to say look at the specs of a computer today, you'll find a FSB speed. The standard FSB today for a new[ish] machine is 1300MHtz which would be nice to have on my computers. XDDD

That's crazy!

What's crazy?
私は本当にお金を必要とする

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2011, 06:15:58 AM »
downloaded/installed all mods work so far, thx ;D