Author Topic: I have a worse game then Ressurection of Heaven's Liquor.  (Read 34535 times)

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
I have a worse game then Ressurection of Heaven's Liquor.
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »
I am pretty sure the members of the old forums will get nightmares once i mention the game: Touhou Hikari Periphery of power. A game which is outclassed by Ressurection of Heaven's Liquor in every aspect except music, that's pretty bad isn't it? But let me introduce this game to the newcomers.

But I can't just be bragging about mine own opinion on the game can I? So let me show you the story:
Dolls were ordinary things, used as toys for little children to make them feel as if they had company. However, some people often took this to an extreme, as one particular woman used a certain doll as a shikigami, often using it to conduct many magical experiments, being a witch of the outside world. Due to this, her powers were great and feared, and she was about to escape to Gensokyo after discovering the Hakurei barrier, however, only her doll shikigami could pass through it and thus, she was beheaded.

Moving our scope ahead to the days of Reimu Hakurei, the current maiden of the shrine and Marisa Kirisame, the last human witch of Gensokyo. In light of this time, something odd began happening, the Hakurei barrier had begun disappearing, the one thing that kept Gensokyo safe from the outside world's turmoil and war. However, this was not all, war itself was set aflame in the land, as everyone humans and youkai alike were fighting over mystical energy that would keep them in Gensokyo for as long as it could sustain them, though certain people knew this supply would eventually die out with the massive demands for it...

This sounds like a decent fangame huh? But no it gets worse with this little line from Ran's story (yes Ran is playable): "...I'm not sure Chen, but Yukari is in trouble and she needs us.
Yes, the makers of this game go in and make their own characters as powerfull as Yukari.
I am sure you want to know the loveable characters of this game: Mecha Kirby, some useless male character, Link, a shikigami of a shikigami/chen ripoff, a male Ran and last but not least: A lawn gnome

The spellcards of the game are or to easy or just plain cheap, I can't say anything more about it download the game and see for yourself, or ask Roukanken about it, he also played it.

Let this little game be a reminder that so bad it's bad touhou games exist.

You can download it here, play at your own risk. On the old forums a demo was released, this link containes the full version. (altought it does have a messed up extra stage.)

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

• I cannot and will not learn.
  • Letty is sick of my shit.
Re: I have a worse game then Ressurection of Heaven's Liquor.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 08:51:52 PM »
Im too scared to download that, if its actually worse than RoHL..

Pako

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »
Im too scared to download that, if its actually worse than RoHL..

Roukanken said he died a little bit inside after playing it, so I understand your feelings.

here you can find some pictures.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:56:51 PM »
Doesn't seem there was anyone brave enough to put video of this game on youtube.
Also Yukari in trouble? Not likely.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:59:38 PM by Cadmas »

Pako

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 09:01:13 PM »
I forgot to mention it spawned a lot of lawn gnome jokes on the old forums and it scarred a member (MMXZ) for the rest of his life.

And the doujin group that worked on it apparantly has stopped making it, and for a good reason.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 09:04:44 PM »
Oh? This. The one with that character with spellcards that were based around the colour blue? I like the colour blue mind you(it's my favourite colour), but that was hilariously sad.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 09:23:38 PM »
...I don't know, but this reeks of FUCK YEAH IT'S SO RIDICULOUS IT'S AWESOME.
Too bad my computer refuses to download anything that comes from rapidshare.

R-9A2 Delta

• laser laser laser laser
  • totally not obsessed with Yuka
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 09:35:32 PM »
I'm going to play this blindly, fellas

wish me luck

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 09:40:23 PM »
Right, I remember now. A member of the group who pumped the game out registered just to advertise the game.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 09:44:55 PM »
I'm going to play this blindly, fellas

wish me luck
May God have mercy on your soul.

I wanted to do an LP of this, but it was so utterly depressing I didn't have the heart to comment on it. I have never felt so physically and emotionally drained by a game before.
What scares me is that someone thought that this was a good idea. An entire game of nothing but boss rushes, with no dialogue explaining what the hell is going on, featuring overpowered OCs with blatantly stolen art that makes no sense (for example, lawn gnome final boss has a Yuka cut-in, of all things), with patterns that are either dreary as all hell or fucking impossible. The (again, stolen) music is the only thing that kept me alive for most of it, so when the final boss came BGM-free I started wanting to hurt myself.

Consider this a warning - RoHL drove me slightly insane. Periphery of Power has made me ever so slightly more suicidal. Play at your own risk.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 09:48:18 PM »
Oh? This. The one with that character with spellcards that were based around the colour blue? I like the colour blue mind you(it's my favourite colour), but that was hilariously sad.

Ya know, I wanted to see what this guy cards were like, because I swear I probably could a decent job of coming up with blue centralized cards.

If I recall right though, that group wasn't that open for criticisms, weren't they?

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »
Game cant be THAT bad

/tries

Ill come back later with my response of the game

R-9A2 Delta

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 10:23:17 PM »
It might just be my computer, but why the hell are Ran and Chen actually Reisen and Sakuya?

Also, I didn't know Link was Remilia... I'll never look at the Zelda series the same way again.

Easy Mode

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 10:41:42 PM »
This is fucking awful. I got to stage two and was like "LOL FUCK THIS SHIT".

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 10:46:34 PM »
This game is so horrible. The patterns are so inconsistent. First all the spellcards are all easy and then LOL RANDOM MASS OF BULLETS OUT OF NOWHERE, and then it goes back to easy. The sprites and names dont even match up. Why are there multiple of the same character in the character select screen? Why do you have us go through two menus that seem both like main menus before we actually start the game? Why did you make the bullets start shooting from the hit box, making the hit box censored, making you die because you cant see the freaking hitbox? Who the hell was the first and second stage bosses and where are my beloved lollis? Why did one of the bosses spellcard activation thing show a different person? Why was there no music? Why did it seem like this game reused some bullet patterns from the previous Touhou games?

I could keep going if I wanted to. But I wont, because this games sucks, and no one cares about it.

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »
I'm too afraid to even try and download this.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 11:25:08 PM »
i'm one of the unlucky people who played this, and yeah, its pretty bad. i mean, the extra boss is a fucking lawn gnome >.>

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 11:31:24 PM »
Possibly a result of too much half-life and Travelocity?
Also male characters; lol. Gnome loli would be cool.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:37:11 PM by Cadmas »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 11:34:34 PM »
Your rapidshare is weak.

Also, I remember this.  From what I recall, there was waaaaaaaay too much creator-insertion going on here.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 12:09:24 AM »
Give me a mediafire link and some time, and I will play the game
'Enjoy'.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 12:11:59 AM »
Your rapidshare is weak.

Also, I remember this.  From what I recall, there was waaaaaaaay too much creator-insertion going on here.

*kidnaps*

*deposits in mafia*

Drake

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 12:30:57 AM »
nope

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Gpop

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 02:23:57 AM »
The lawn gnome game.

This game reminds me of MMXZ, and that's a bad thing.

Gambit

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 03:49:06 AM »
Well that was good for a few laughs, which promptly ended right after the Techno Machine/Mecha Kirby went down. I think I had more fun moving Reimu back and forth to the music than actually bothering to play normally.   

R-9A2 Delta

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:26 AM »
That Sinistar attack is the only good spellcard in this game.

EDIT: holy shit i used to go to the forum that they made this on and i just realized they made it when i fought the final boss in practice mode
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:02:32 AM by ArticunoX »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 07:47:53 AM »
You know, in comparison I'm a bit more proud of my crap now.

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 09:06:22 AM »
Im actually downloading this ;__;

Pako

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 09:18:07 AM »
You can find the story of the game here.

This line made me cringe: Not much is known. Said to be a powerful as the strongest youkai. And apparantly the lawn gnomes name is "Leon LKA Andreas".

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »
I think the writing for the touhous are just someones copypasta,
and their own bosses is what text they really came up with on their own.

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 09:29:04 AM »
Needs more manly men.