Author Topic: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival  (Read 109863 times)

Re: Hisoutensoku and Suimusou General - The Revival
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2013, 07:05:14 AM »
How to get in? I have no clue.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »
How to get in? I have no clue.

To what?

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2013, 12:05:00 AM »
To what?
To netplay.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do in the Vs Network screen in both Hisoutensoku and HM...

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2013, 01:18:02 AM »
To netplay.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do in the Vs Network screen in both Hisoutensoku and HM...

There isn't built in matchmaking, so you have to find someone to play with first. Then, the host exchanges their IP with the player wishing to connect, and they join from there.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2013, 02:13:03 AM »
There isn't built in matchmaking, so you have to find someone to play with first. Then, the host exchanges their IP with the player wishing to connect, and they join from there.
So if I want to play against someone in Nico. They gave their IP and port, then I'll have to input it on the second option and then choose the first option, right? I keep failing to connect.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2013, 09:29:27 PM »
You guy's still playin Soku, or have you moved onto HM yet, or is HM's Netcode as bad as Soku's without Sokuroll you haven't bothered until a HM equivalent come's out yet?
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2013, 10:39:08 PM »
I had been forgetting that I did want to post my deck here. Well here's Okuu for now. I threw in a comment for each of the cards, keep in mind these reflect my opinions only and may or may not be accurate or useful.

Okuu:
System Cards: I don't usually use these. I know some are pretty useful but I haven't worked them into my playstyle successfully yet.

Skill Cards: I will be adding in more of these later but currently I'm finding what works best for me. I had more at one point but I'm working on a better variety.
--1x Radiant Blade: (236) Not sure if I'll keep it, was trying new things. But it's alright. I may possibly figure something out for this, or maybe not.
--1x Rocket Dive: (623) Working on a good way to use this, may add more once I get it figured out. Except...
--1x Melting Pummel Kick: (623) There is the fact that I'm liking this card much much more, and they use the same skill slot, so I might drop Rocket Dive to add in more of this.

Spell Cards
--2x Light Cover "Nuclear Visor": Fairly useful for getting myself out of a corner or just plain getting the opponent away from me. A little damage is nice too.
--2x Explosion Sign "Mega Flare": I love these flare cards. Easy for me to land, good damage. Considering adding in more flares while dropping other cards I use less often.
--2x Burning Star "Fixed Star": I use this as a boomerang-like spell. If it's blocked on the way back, they're dragged back towards me and I grab them with a Melting Pummel Kick. Of course if they dodge or graze it instead, then I can't do that, but then it serves another purpose of removing them from that area one way or another.
--1x Nuclear Sign "Creeping Sun": Situational kind of thing but I didn't want to remove it completely. Sometimes I can get in a few good hits with it.
--1x Burning Star "The Ten Suns": Mostly gets the opponent away from me. If it hits, damage is always a nice thing.
--1x Geothermal "Nuclear Blaze Geyser": Considering adding maybe one more of these, it's pretty cool.
--1x Crow Sign "Yatagarasu Dive": One of the cards I may possibly remove. It's alright but I'm not too good at landing it.
--1x Nuclear Heat "Uncontrollable Dive": I like this one more than Yatagarasu Dive. If the opponent knows it's coming or reacts quickly enough, the whole thing is pretty much wasted. However if you can manage to land it, it's pretty cool.
--2x "Subterranean Sun": I love this card. Everyone sees it coming, and everyone recognizes it's card icon. That means it's easy for people to avoid it right? But in order to do that they have to stay out of it's area of effect. Just holding this gives me a very limited control over the opponents position. Of course I can't force them to "go here" or "don't go there" but they will tend to stay away from it's spot.
--2x Explosion Sign "Giga Flare": Basically the same thoughts as Mega Flare but I like this one even more. It's harder to land, but does more damage. You can always just fire it after the opponent does their own spell, if you know it's slow enough that Giga Flare will hit. This raises the problem of opponents holding back their own spells to counter your Giga Flare. However, the opponent not using spells isn't such a bad thing, if you can wear them down without spells of your own.
--2x "Abyss Nova": If you use this and Okuu starts glowing, the opponent will obviously know something's up even if they're new and haven't seen the card before. Glowing is dangerous right? You can't expect to land it all that often, but it's good for keeping the opponent away from you. Nobody wants to stay near a glowing Nuclear Hell Raven. If you want to hit with this at all, you need to force the opponent into blocking so they can't just easily get away.

So yeah. Basically a mix of offensive "Reduce stuff to ash" cards, and defense of the "Stay out of here or get hit" variety. I certainly won't call myself an expert, but I'd like to think I know what I'm trying to do, even if it may not be the best way of doing it.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2013, 11:10:32 PM »
You guy's still playin Soku, or have you moved onto HM yet, or is HM's Netcode as bad as Soku's without Sokuroll you haven't bothered until a HM equivalent come's out yet?

We'll add Hopeless Masquerade to the matchmaking list too! Everyone is now welcome to use IRC for finding matches for Hisoutensoku, Immaterial and Missing Power and Hopeless Masquerade!

« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2013, 12:31:27 AM »
We'll add Hopeless Masquerade to the matchmaking list too! Everyone is now welcome to use IRC for finding matches for Hisoutensoku, Immaterial and Missing Power and Hopeless Masquerade!
So what am I supposed to do to if I want play HM? Can you explain it to me step by step please?

Sky

• The most tedious player Jeans has ever fought
  • Mains: Aya & Mamizou; Submains: Okuu & Futo
Re: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2013, 02:30:22 AM »
To join a game:
1. Find someone willing to play/host.
2. Get their IP and port in an "IP:Port" format (like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy, where "x" is the IP and "y" is the port).
3. Copy that part.
4. Select the fourth option in the Network Menu.
5. It'll ask you to confirm the information. Then you're in.

To host a game:
1. Make sure that you have a port forwarded for the games. The standard is 10800, so that'd be easiest. You MAY have to make an exception in your firewall for the game as well.
2. Select the first option in the network menu.
3. Give your opponent your IP and port in an "IP:Port" format (like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy, where "x" is the IP and "y" is the port).
4. They join and you play.

Badda bing badda boom. You can get your IP from www.whatismyip.com and you can get help forwarding a port from portforward.com.

Also, there's going to be an online Soku tournament on June 29th. Just a heads-up for now.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:41:45 AM by Sky »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2013, 06:50:15 AM »

Oh awesome, I'm maining Mami Mami Mamizou in HM with Futo and Marisa Alts and utsuho is still my main in Soku though I haven't played Soku since the last time I was in IRC so I'm prolly Rusty again

Also apart from maybe 2 Corner BnB's, I have had NO luck finding any actual combo's for mamizou and could REALLY use some help, yet a firend of mine has managed to find like 3 100% Stun combostrings for her and he isn't even maining her, he says he'll show them to me in a net battle, but our connection when fighting is so damn laggy and he won't tell me the input's so I can learn them for myself because they have "odd delays he can't describe".... Sigh :/ /rant

Edit: Should prolly mention that my Soku Skill Level is "Rusty as all heck" and my HM Skill Level is "trying to figure out mamizou's combo's" :V
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:54:29 AM by Zork787 »
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2013, 11:59:05 AM »
To join a game:
1. Find someone willing to play/host.
2. Get their IP and port in an "IP:Port" format (like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy, where "x" is the IP and "y" is the port).
3. Copy that part.
4. Select the fourth option in the Network Menu.
5. It'll ask you to confirm the information. Then you're in.

To host a game:
1. Make sure that you have a port forwarded for the games. The standard is 10800, so that'd be easiest. You MAY have to make an exception in your firewall for the game as well.
2. Select the first option in the network menu.
3. Give your opponent your IP and port in an "IP:Port" format (like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy, where "x" is the IP and "y" is the port).
4. They join and you play.

Badda bing badda boom. You can get your IP from www.whatismyip.com and you can get help forwarding a port from portforward.com.

Also, there's going to be an online Soku tournament on June 29th. Just a heads-up for now.
I've already tried to join the game. I put the IP of someone from Nico but it kept failing to connect. I wonder what's wrong. I thought it might be firewall but I already allowed it and still no good. I'm using Windows 7.
Just to make sure so I can know which internet to use, do you need Peer to Peer connection for this?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:10:35 PM by monhan »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2013, 12:27:37 PM »

I'll probably move back to soku for the sake of having a better roster. And I still play IaMP for the sake of having better combat system than SWR UNL and HM. But I'll definitely play HM for the sake of the current roster and music and being a more polished game for the most part.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »
I've already tried to join the game. I put the IP of someone from Nico but it kept failing to connect. I wonder what's wrong. I thought it might be firewall but I already allowed it and still no good. I'm using Windows 7.
Just to make sure so I can know which internet to use, do you need Peer to Peer connection for this?

Are you sure they were actually hosting at the time?

Also apart from maybe 2 Corner BnB's, I have had NO luck finding any actual combo's for mamizou and could REALLY use some help, yet a firend of mine has managed to find like 3 100% Stun combostrings for her and he isn't even maining her, he says he'll show them to me in a net battle, but our connection when fighting is so damn laggy and he won't tell me the input's so I can learn them for myself because they have "odd delays he can't describe".... Sigh :/ /rant

Comboing in this game is rather... strange. Pop on IRC some time and we can do some experimentation.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:31:23 PM by Shimatora »

« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2013, 05:45:41 PM »
Are you sure they were actually hosting at the time?
Yeah, but I guess them being in Japan might have something to do with it. What I find weird is that I can't even watch(the second option), it kept failing.
I think I need to test it here first. I just need to enter the irc.zon and give my IP right?
When will you guys going to do it? I want to join in too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:48:31 PM by monhan »

hind

• smt elitist
  • huh?
    • you'll find everything here
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2013, 06:31:45 AM »
Mm, since HM is up, I'll start with that first. I main with Futo and alt with Koishi. My skill level is, uh, decent. I've never played with an actual human being, so I'm not too sure. As for Soku, I main Suwako and alt with Komachi or Remilia. Skill level is "Dude, I literally forgot how to play because I played HM for too long!" Nah. Very rusty.  :V
:D

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
Yeah I'll put my info here as well.

Currently, my main is Koishi with my alt being Reimu. I can only currently play through Hamachi though but I'm trying to figure out how to fix up my internet so we can host directly

Sky

• The most tedious player Jeans has ever fought
  • Mains: Aya & Mamizou; Submains: Okuu & Futo
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2013, 02:04:31 AM »
So y?all remember that online tournament I mentioned a little while ago that?s taking place on the 29th?

The tournament link is up now.

http://challonge.com/whhil

To enter, email tlsokutourney@gmail.com or contact crescentia (Click ?Participants? on the left-hand side of the page, then ?Send PM?).

Remember to send them your name from the forum and read everything beforehand.
I almost didn?t realize that there was a collapse box on the top. ^^;

« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2013, 02:59:25 AM »
I play Hata No Kokoro, and I alt between Reimu/Nitori. I would say my skill level is up to par. I live in Canada so if you want to play with me I have Hamachi and very fast internet connection. Just shoot me a message when anyone want's to play~

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »
I plan to host some tournaments seeing as my exams are all finished up in two weeks time. Looking to play them some time towards the end of this month, into the beginning of the next. We might even be able to fit in a few!

Just seeing if there's any interest and for what games. Just post a reply here letting me know what games you'd want to play (out of IaMP, Soku and HM) and we'll see what games have enough people. We'll go from there!

Keep in mind that HM is still extremely buggy and largely unfinished, so if people would like to see a tournament do expect lots of lag and plenty of crashes.

IaMP and Soku'll be fine as far as I can see, good ol' casters!

« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2013, 12:01:13 AM »
IaMP/Soku
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »
Soku or HM is fine by me (I don't care if it's still a little buggy, I actually want to do some freaking netplay).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2013, 01:44:13 AM »
Soku or HM is fine by me (I don't care if it's still a little buggy, I actually want to do some freaking netplay).
This. The one time I tried to netplay someone in HM, though, we couldn't connect. I don't know if it was on my end or his; probably mine. Would you-- or anyone else-- like to try it out?
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »
Hey there guys and girls. I'm new to this thread and had been looking for someone to play Soku against for a long time now.

I am an ok player but I dunno how I will do against people yet XD

Name's Marisa Kirisame and I main Suika, Yukari, Youmu and Marisa.

Nice to meet you all. =)
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2013, 06:21:57 PM »
and actually can I play someone right now?? I really wanna do a Soku match with someone.
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2013, 06:45:55 PM »
and actually can I play someone right now?? I really wanna do a Soku match with someone.

You're extremely unlikely to find a game via the thread, please use the IRC channel if you can! Here's the link: http://webchat.ppirc.net/?channels=sokumaidens

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »
Just seeing if there's any interest and for what games. Just post a reply here letting me know what games you'd want to play (out of IaMP, Soku and HM) and we'll see what games have enough people. We'll go from there!

I'd join an IaMP tournament.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2013, 02:32:44 PM »
Sign-ups for the next tournaments have been made! I have added one for each game, and depending on the turn out for each will determine whether it's Double Elimination or Round Robin. Anyone is welcome to join - just make sure you have Sokuroll 1.3 and are able to connect to others on netplay. Either make sure you can host or you can use Hamachi.

Each bracket can be found here!

Let me know what dates would be best for you and I'll try my best to accommodate everyone.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know via IRC or in this thread.

EDIT:

Changed how the player sheet is done, also added IaMP and HM tabs. Anyone's welcome to edit, but if there's vandalism this will obviously change. Link here!

You're welcome to add yourselves to the IaMP and HM tabs. Just follow the layout of the Soku tab.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:11:30 PM by Shimatora »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2013, 04:23:34 PM »
Sign-ups for the next tournaments have been made! I have added one for each game, and depending on the turn out for each will determine whether it's Double Elimination or Round Robin. Anyone is welcome to join - just make sure you have Sokuroll 1.3 and are able to connect to others on netplay. Either make sure you can host or you can use Hamachi.

Each bracket can be found here!

Let me know what dates would be best for you and I'll try my best to accommodate everyone.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know via IRC or in this thread.

EDIT:

Changed how the player sheet is done, also added IaMP and HM tabs. Anyone's welcome to edit, but if there's vandalism this will obviously change. Link here!

You're welcome to add yourselves to the IaMP and HM tabs. Just follow the layout of the Soku tab.
eh why not. Joined 13.5 tourny because I need more Koishi practice :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2013, 06:01:35 PM »
I'd like to join the 13.5 tourny, but I'm not sure if I should, considering I'll be out of town for a week early July. Hmmm.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore