Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 211504 times)

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
Perfect UFO Stage 5 on lunatic. That got annoying quite fast, so much RNG ;-;
Also, I need somebody to explain how I even survived at about 1:50. I didn't know dodges could get so tight or so lucky ._.

I got a 1cc on EoSD normal - http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=37856

Eye mite have done something stoopid in a certain stage.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Hey, proper good job mate!
...Though I do have something to say about your run. You only died once without bombs in stock, sometimes you actually died with all three of them there, and you use Marisa B just like me! You need to learn to bomb more often, not every Touhou game is as forgiving as this one. I actually seriously thought you were attempting a No-Bomb run for a bit.
But again, congrats, and let's hope you have plenty more 1ccs on the way!

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Actually EoSD is the game with the least resources and thus the least forgiving if you waste them

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Well, I do find it more forgiving than others, but that might be because it is the one I played the most, and thus I'm most used to it, so I die far less.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Well, I do find it more forgiving than others, but that might be because it is the one I played the most, and thus I'm most used to it, so I die far less.

Die far less =/= more forgiving.
You're better at EoSD, the game isn't more forgiving.
Admit it, because even on normal difficulty being able to clear EoSD with stye is something to be proud of :P

Anyway, getting back into RSS.
Managed to get to Masquereidoscope before game-overing, and I've practiced the stages so a lunatic 1cc is more then doable  :3
ReimuA hyper OP

I also did some spell practice, captured some difficult cards, such as War God Fusion Yamataizer (how chaotic can you make an attack :V) Solar Butterfly (why is it out of the ones I actually captured I found it by far the most difficult  :getdown:), Tarumi's other spellcards (TIDE HOOO!!!!), Sword girl's opener on lunatic (fastest attack 2014?)

... Got Momohime's first spellcard to ~1/4th HP left in like 50 attempts  :matsuriscowl: 
I swear it feels like complete luck :l

Also Reimu's hyper bomb is really, really strong. Strong enough to kill Masquereidoscope in one use.  :derp:

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
Actually EoSD is the game with the least resources and thus the least forgiving if you waste them

Ummmm, uh. I don't know how to tell any of you, but you're all wrong, if we want to be precise. Last time I checked, PoDD had only 4 extra lives for longer and more difficult stages than EoSD and even SoEW has overall less resources from what I know.

Of course, they're pc-98 games so "who cares, nobody plays them", but I always think they're worth mentioning because they're still Touhou games, and frankly, PoDD is too good to ignore.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
SoEW has overall less resources from what I know.

Well enemies in SoEW randomly drop 1-up's so in theory the game could be the one with the most resources in the series.   :V

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
Well, you can only have up to 5 lives at once, so you have to kill yourself anyway, at which point it's like no getting a 1-up at all, unless you used all your bombs, which probably won't always be the case if they really drop randomly.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
IMO the PC98 games do count, obviously. They aren't any less of a Touhou game than the WIndows titles are.
But either way, eyah, I die far less in EOSD, that's why I thought itwas more forgiving, sowwy! -\o3o/-

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Also mentioning the first Seihou installment (only 4 lives), as well as MoF (8 lives; difficult Stages 4 and 6), and TD (8 lives if you play excellently).
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
Both MoF and TD have far more bombs than EoSD, though. Not to mention the latter introduces Trances, which are basically "skip this pattern", hence they're more forgiving.

Nolegs the Cat

I honestly find the whole 'what game is the most unforgiving' somewhat moot.
They're as unforgiving as you make them...

Though yes, PoDD is probably the least forgiving overall but that game is crazy and it'd need to be ridiculously forgiving to be seen as anything but the hardest game overall.

EDIT:
RSS lunatic 1cc!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 10:05:27 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
Went to practice Stage 4 on Normal. Net gain of 2 lives (9 life fragments turned into bomb fragments due to having full lives, and 1 death, hence "Uruwi+2" as the name). Captured her last spellcard.

In reality, I'd bomb more.

I tried to 420graze some of the sections that I ordinarily shoot down. I didn't manage to get a fragment on the first chapter, but right before the boss I think I managed to get enough graze.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Jaimers

Touhou 15 Stage 4 Lunatic NMNB.

This stage is surprisingly easy. It might even be easier than stage 3.

Nolegs the Cat

Touhou 15 Stage 4 Lunatic NMNB.

This stage is surprisingly easy. It might even be easier than stage 3.

So will Legacy Lunatic no bomb be happening? :P

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
So will Legacy Lunatic no bomb be happening? :P

Someone already got an LNB with Reimu in Legacy. On the second day of release, as well! Very impressive.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
Might not be a Lunatic Legacy no bomb, but I got a Pointdevice Normal clear with Sanae!
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
IMPERISHABLE NIGHT MARISA/ALICE NORMAL 1CC.
I'm so proud of myself.
So, right now, I've 1CC'd EOSD, PCB, IN, POFV, MOF and 10D, so only SA. UFO, DDC and the newly released LLK. I look forward to UFO next, and then SA.

Nolegs the Cat

IMPERISHABLE NIGHT MARISA/ALICE NORMAL 1CC.
I'm so proud of myself.
So, right now, I've 1CC'd EOSD, PCB, IN, POFV, MOF and 10D, so only SA. UFO, DDC and the newly released LLK. I look forward to UFO next, and then SA.

:toot: :toot: :toot:
Bravo! Bravo!
Good luck with UFO and SA. They'll give you a heck of a time...
Cats make for the hardest stage 5 bosses, obviously  :V
As for DDC.... Seija does what Nuetendont. Or something.

Anyway... I managed to survive the last 60% or so HP of Scarlet Gensokyo, no bombs.
Which is just woah. I mean... wow.
That run finished the stage practice with 3 lives remaining, which is amazing.
The metric crapton under a stick of EoSD stage 6 practice is starting to show...  :3

Also I just realized...
There's only one nonspell in EoSD lunatic I haven't captured yet.
Sakuya's second nonspell as a boss...
Far cry from all lunatic spellcards captured but meh  ::)
I really should get back on point with 1cc attempts.
Too busy doing practice runs :P

Horray procastination!
Amen :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 04:06:13 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Thank you, mate! Well yeah, I can imagine that they'll be pretty challenging not only because of difficulty but also because I probably will have little time to practice them. How did I 1CC IN then? Horray procastination, fan-flipping-tastic, my Databases teacher is gonna be so proud of me!  :P
But yeah as always if I need any specific help I'll beg for it over at the other thread.

http://puu.sh/jElOv.png
Also very small achievement but I did the part where the fairies on Stage 5 shoot long streams of blue stars by just grazing! Not the next part of it though..

Might do Legacy or Extra next.
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

After many failures with Reimu I gave Sanae one chance

Sanae is indeed easy mode :V

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
MoF Extra 708m Clear

Reached my goal of reaching over 700m, so I'm satisfied for now. Will reach higher later on.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist

Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom Lunatic No Bombs 1cc

Congrats!

you work pretty fast, too

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Jaimers

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Nice work to Mino and Jaimers. Even if I hadn't been swamped with work the past few days I probably still wouldn't have come close to either of you lol. Okay, maybe I shouldn't be saying that, but a perfect Stage 4 has eluded me so far, so yeah. :V

Just a random tidbit for Jaimers' replay, I've been able to reach over 300 graze in the third section with Reimu by staying inside all the lasers for a couple of great-fairies. I start near the top and stream the smaller fairies down, and her homing makes sure that no bullets will be fired straight down at me. I'll get a replay up once I have more time.

EDIT: Replay's now attached. I want to say Reimu actually gets more graze by being slightly off-center between the lasers, to catch more of them inside her puny graze-box.

EDIT#2: Randomly felt like practicing LoLK Stage 6, and ended up making some progress on Junko. Captured her second nonspell for the first time since my Pointdevice clear, and I'm timing my movements better on her third nonspell (her fourth spell is good for finding out what that timing is since it's pseudo-static).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:16:17 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
Play the horns, because I have 1cc'd MoF on Normal! This is actually my first 1cc of normal on ANY game (because i suck) Replay -  http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=38009
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra