Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 211163 times)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
That's 2 copies of the crazy gohei? Doesn't look like it, but considering the unnaturally high damage speed (and the way the TAS definitely spawns multiple at once), I guess it is.

How reliable is that? If it can be done consistently, it'd both be worth higher spell bonuses, and maybe change the scoring route if it could avoid bombing to speed-clear certain midboss patterns.

So many max spell bonuses in that TAS, anyway...

They mostly overlap, but it becomes clear that there are 2 on the second capture. I made another video comparing the damage with SakuyaA abuse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAoUlnea1Aw

I'm at ~5% consistency at best now :P I've done it a few times in a row, but that is pretty rare.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
Well, a day or two ago, I finally beat PoDD and PoFV with every shot type, on Normal. It was a lot of fun, although sometimes it got really annoying. Glad it's finally done, though. :v

Now, onto SA!  :3
i like cute stuff

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
Well, a day or two ago, I finally beat PoDD and PoFV with every shot type, on Normal. It was a lot of fun, although sometimes it got really annoying. Glad it's finally done, though. :v

Now, onto SA!  :3
Oh my, these games can get really tough, especially PoDD, so congratulations. Not that SA is going to be any easier. Consider yourself warned!

nice nickname too
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Reached Danmaku Bounded Field in PCB Phantasm, i know, compared to almost literally everyone else here it`s just shit, but it`s one nonetheless !

I would have reached it with 3 Lives if i hadn`t derped Boundary between Humans and Youkai, so that would have probably given me a chance, and i really hate memorization cards that don`t give me time to study the pattern, not to mention the constant tension.

But yea, it`s crappy achievement, but it`s my crappy achievement. :V

Hey now, there's no such thing as a crappy achievement.

I've finally completed Shining Shooting Star's Extra stage. Which is only the second Extra I've completed; PCB still eludes me. Rika is a very strange boss fight, with difficulty all over the place -- well, it was already a lot of extra work for the devs to make completely different spellcards for each character, so it's not really surprising they didn't balance it very well. It was annoying, though, when two previous attempts crashed and burned on the last card, which is one of the easiest. But today I finally broke the jinx :)

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
So I've done a few things lately, under is basically what I've done:

159m MS Extra with Yuuka, I'm continuing with Yuuka scoring attempts after I'm done with Reimu: First few screenshots Yuuka 159 Million score screenshot

177,9m MS Extra with Reimu, A really strong run, but with significant mistakes, I found an improvement in my bomb route but this makes my runs way harder to execute, I'm expecting a really strong run could now get 190m+ but I'll see what I can do, I'd be content with 185m first. Proof: Reimu Score Screenshot

I managed to LNB GFW a few days ago after I did No bombs the Extra stage. (I did NB the EX 1 day before the LNB, kind of had to redo the LNB again because I had the wrong route mark glitch in my replay, I figured out that happens when you continue/restart from stage 2 onwards.)

Great Fairy Wars Lunatic No Bombs Route A2 and Great Fairy Wars Extra No Bombs

Got a No Bombs LoLK Extra clear too with Sanae on the same day too, first run without even having to restart for derps too, and that without sound (I was in a skype call so I wanted to focus on that.) Had one life left at the end, I think NMNB is possible but it'll take a while before I get that from whenever I start attempting. Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom Extra Stage No Bombs

Also did try EoSD Extra again, kind of had the 75 FPS bug (I figured I had force 60 FPS off so my bad in that.) I did NB clear (I was just doing a silly run too.) then I died on a few of Flandre's easier things out of stupidity, but captured Starbow break, the survival and Q.E.D anyways (the spellcards I still had to capture!), I finished with 1 life too which is an improvement over my old NB. (Still a silly one.) I can definitely NMNB EoSD's Extra stage, but this will probably take a while too. Also the survival capture was very silly. Sadly enough because my game ran on 75 FPS I couldn't save a replay.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:13:01 PM by Zigzagwolf »
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
That's quite a collection.

What is this "75 FPS bug", and why doesn't it let you save replays?

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Hey now, there's no such thing as a crappy achievement.

Yes there is. It's called my achievements which are all invariably shitty  :P

So like I'm scoring TD easy. I haven't started full runs yet but everything is routed and practiced. There doesn't seem to be anything specific in the WR I can't do at least somewhat, really.

My stage practice highscores are, at the moment:

Stage 1: 10 million
Stage 2: ~36 million or so
Stage 3: 26.9 million
Stage 4: 60 million
Stage 5: 70 million
Stage 6: 180 million

And before anyone asks, no I did not use all the stage practice lives. :V

I'll give a full blog post of my thoughts when I get home, add in the rest of the replays, and probably watch Karisa's run like she recommended.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:06:17 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

Zigzagwolf

That's quite a collection.

What is this "75 FPS bug", and why doesn't it let you save replays?
Definitely quite a collection, I've spent some time on the MS EX scores but the GFW and LoLK achievements really didn't take long.

Well "bug" it is probably my own fault, I noticed that in the game's costum.exe I didn't have "force 60 FPS" checked, which probably lead to the game running on 75 FPS in fullscreen for somereason (when I checked that I didn't have that bug anymore.) The reason you cannot save a replay is because the game does not allow you to if your FPS wasn't consistently on 60 FPS (the game didn't get sped up to 75 FPS, it did display 75 FPS instead.)

So in all honesty, I am to blame for this I guess.. Then again I've got a strange feelings settings suddenly changed in EoSD since a while, often when I launch the game windowed the game runs on 58 FPS for somereason or even crashes almost right away. I'm assuming I've got to mess a bit around with the costum.exe if that keeps happening in windowed.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
Yes there is. It's called my achievements which are all invariably shitty  :P

You call that shitty ? Compared to mine they look like gemstones.

Also, seems like we need a new thread ? We have hit the 1000th post with this one.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
You call that shitty ? Compared to mine they look like gemstones.

Also, seems like we need a new thread ? We have hit the 1000th post with this one.

They're not as good as they look, at least not quite yet.
Yes, they're good scores. I'm happy with them.

But that isn't the same as pulling off runs that good in a full run. Far from it.
If I did, I don't know just how high it'd get me, but if I had to guess, it'd be over 800m. The scores from each stage would be higher - to give you an idea. The potion before the first trance, in stage practice you start that bit with 5000 PIV. In full runs, 100,000. You'd get approximately 20x more from that section alone. That translates to roughly 25-30m?
I'm not 100% sure just how high it'd get. But, regardless. Going for perfect play (or as close as I can be) is hard.
Let's see what my first few runs get first  ;)

Thanks, though. I was only joking, and hey. That doesn't mean your achievements are meaningless, even if others have achieved something objectively much harder. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll crack phantasm :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:04:16 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Zigzagwolf

Got a GFW B1 LNB earlier today, the hardest route and sadly enough a softlock LNB (meaning I ended up flying on forever, luckily a manual save replay is possible.) According to Prinny's calculation the clear bonus would've been 19,3m making my total clear score 40,866,550 Also 4 lives left is pretty nice. I also LNB'd Route A1 and C1 a few days ago, but have yet to upload those. Guess I'll focus on doing B2 and C2 to've LNB'd all routes and also do EoSD EXNN as the next goals.

Great Fairy Wars B1 LNB
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 11:19:23 PM by Zigzagwolf »

Zigzagwolf

I've now LNB'd all the routes in GFW!

A1 LNB Replay: Replay
A2 LNB Replay: Replay A2 LNB Video: video
B1 LNB Replay: Replay B1 LNB Video: Video
B2 LNB Replay: Replay
C1 LNB Replay: Replay
C2 LNB Replay: Replay

The post will be updated with videolinks for when I get some of the routes up, gonna work on EoSD EX No Miss No Bombs now, also planning to LNN attempts of GFW at some point.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
Will it be all characters and shot types for EoSD or a specific one ?

Also, no new thread ?

Zigzagwolf

Will it be all characters and shot types for EoSD or a specific one ?

Also, no new thread ?
I was planning on achieving the NMNB with ReimuB, I've up to now only done a few attempts but both good ones got an 1MNB rather quickly, I'm assuming I'd finish with about 280m too, so it'll be fun. I guess I'll start attempts tomorrow. However that makes me think about trying this with more shottypes later on, it is definitely a possibility.

Also a new thread per 1000 posts I assume? In that case a new one should definitely be made.