Author Topic: SNES Championship 2010  (Read 1522 times)

SNES Championship 2010
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:48:29 PM »
They're holding a new championship on Sydlexia.com. It's over 10 weeks, one game a week. They give you a save state and a challenge to beat, then you send a video and they'll give points depending on how you do compared to the others.

Doesn't matter if you can't complete the challenge or die after 5 seconds, just have fun trying the random crap they want you to do.

If you're interested, read this thread.

Note that it actually started yesterday, so you only have until March 7th to sign up.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Re: SNES Championship 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
this forum
my eyes
owwwww

What kinds of challenges are we talking about?

Re: SNES Championship 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 12:09:37 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-az-m3xh4
Watch the videos of the 2008 Championship, it should give you an idea.

Might as well post what the first challenge is this time around :

"This week's game is none other than Super Castlevania IV, and the challenge is primarily of my own design. You'll be faced with fighting 4 bosses with the weakest whip and no subweapons. Standings will be decided first by how many of the 4 you can beat under the circumstances, and ties are decided by how few bars of health are lost by Simon overall.

The bosses you'll be facing are Medusa, Kuranot, Zapf Bat, and Death. There is a stipulation for the final boss fight, so pay attention. During the Death fight, you are not allowed to hold your whip or flail it around. You may only use the initial whip strike to attack. This is to prevent an easily exploitable trick to avoid Death's scythes. If you do it once or twice by accident, that's okay, but anything more than that won't count. This only applies to the fight with Death."
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."