Author Topic: Bayonetta  (Read 2526 times)

AuNaturel

• Winter is incoming...
  • Identified Romantic Flyer
Bayonetta
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »
I recently started playing Bayonetta again and was reminded of what a great game it is!  I wanted somewhere to speak with people about this game and so I came here.  I'm curious to know, how many of you have played Bayonetta?  Or have heard of it?  I was in love with Clover Studios/Platinum Games at this point in time, so I bought it on day one.

Here's some info :  Bayonetta is an over the top action game created by Platinum Games, a group of people consisting of members of the now defunct Clover Studios [Okami, God Hand, Viewtiful Joe] and some others.  It is directed by Hideki Kamiya, who some of you may know as the creator of Devil May Cry.

You are a witch by the name of Bayonetta with a mysterious past.  You use your demonic powers to fight off legions of angels, uncovering more of your astounding past, and eventually discovering you may be the key to all of creation!  [I can't do the game much justice, go check it out for yourselves.]

So, have any of you played Bayonetta?

[img width= height=]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8426/sig1xu.jpg[/img]

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Re: Bayonetta
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:32:38 PM »
I HAVE A FEVER AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE DEAD ANGELS

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:34:07 PM »
Bayonetta is goddamned awesome, and I wish I wasn't so backlogged because I too want to play it again.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 10:00:51 PM »
Bayonetta is goddamned awesome, and I wish I wasn't so backlogged because I too want to play it again.
This in a nutshell.

Also, mandatory related video

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »
I liked Bayonetta very much, but it's a one-playthrough thing for me. All the while I was playing it I was trying to figure out whether it was exploitative or empowering of women. Still can't really come to a convincing conclusion, but it's still awesome.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:48:44 AM »
I liked Bayonetta very much, but it's a one-playthrough thing for me. All the while I was playing it I was trying to figure out whether it was exploitative or empowering of women. Still can't really come to a convincing conclusion, but it's still awesome.

it's neither

it's empowering to people with tiny heads

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 01:31:45 AM »
I played Bayonetta and had a hell of a good time for a while, and then as I hit about the midpoint of the game I started having less and less fun.  This culminated with the awful last boss fight, which I never finished, and probably never will.  It was good while it lasted, though.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 02:59:29 AM »
Also, mandatory related video
Just watched it. It is awesome. =3

I recommend first-timers play on Easy to get used to the controls, and try higher levels when you're comfortable. I haven't tried them yet, but whomever thought it would be a good idea to remove Witch Time from "Nonstop Infinite Climax" (that's Lunatic level, basically) needs a boot to the face. =P

AuNaturel

• Winter is incoming...
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 03:20:38 AM »
I play on Hard because I don't like how Non-Stop Climax disables Witch Time.  I love Witch Time...
but whomever thought it would be a good idea to remove Witch Time from "Nonstop Infinite Climax" (that's Lunatic level, basically) needs a boot to the face. =P

Witch Time...

That video was sweet!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 12:35:26 AM »
Losing Witch Time on the hardest difficulty is nothing compared to the difficulty of the loss of alert markers in Viewtiful Joe's hardest difficulty.

Or I say that but I haven't actually been to Nonstop Infinite Climax yet, so maybe that'll piss me off roughly as much.

AuNaturel

• Winter is incoming...
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 02:05:49 PM »
Losing Witch Time on the hardest difficulty is nothing compared to the difficulty of the loss of alert markers in Viewtiful Joe's hardest difficulty.

What, they actually did that?  I haven't played Viewtiful Joe in years, but I remember the markers being how I dodged, I never paid attention to enemy movements. 

That seems cruel.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 02:16:21 AM »
What, they actually did that?  I haven't played Viewtiful Joe in years, but I remember the markers being how I dodged, I never paid attention to enemy movements. 

That seems cruel.
It's exactly what they did.  Added to the fact that all damage was multiplied by 4x, as well as enemy placements now being much harder and end-game enemies showing up right from the start, and... yeah.  It was crazy.

Playing as Silvia made it worse, since she took double damage - meaning an attack on Adults that did 1 heart of damage, did a total of 8 hearts in Ultra-V (Out of a maximum of 15).  There was stuff that could instant-kill you if it hit you once.

Viewtiful Joe Ultra-V was bullshit.

I'm hoping Nonstop Infinite is half as bullshit, to be honest 8D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:23:34 AM by Garlyle »

dustyjo

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 06:36:52 AM »
I keep forgetting about this game, I need to pick it up :\