Author Topic: Alright everyone. LET'S GET SERIOUS: SERIOUS SAM TFE  (Read 9742 times)

Alright everyone. LET'S GET SERIOUS: SERIOUS SAM TFE
« on: April 18, 2011, 02:58:35 AM »
THAT'S RIGHT. You see I shall explain what went down on the dance floor.

So about one week ago during LATE NIGHT CONVERSATIONS on the Skype, news of me raging about a test (Which I actually got the highest grade I've ever had on a Calculus test at that point) while I played MoF with a crappy accent became known to the world. The world refused to change, BUT THE SKYPE DID NOT.

So as a result, one Dustyjo decided it was time TO GET SERIOUS. But how do you get serious with someone like the axman? WHY ONLY THROUGH THE HELP OF SAM!

And as of such, began the adventures of axman36 and Dustyjo as they embarked in their adventure in Egypt to shoot things.

HOWEVER, MANY THINGS CAME ALONG THE WAY, including FORCED AUTOMATIC UPDATES (Seriously screw those things), FORGETFULNESS TO CHANGE DIFFICULTY, and a surprise guest from someone who broke into my house at random and will pop up near the end. She also has no idea I was recording and that she will be in the video, but she doesn't need to know that.

But yes,

So far we got Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 up and still more to come!

Part 4, Part 5, and Part 6!

Part 7, Part 8, and Part 9!

MORE REPORTED OCCURRENCES OF AXMAN36'S SPONTANEOUS LACK OF LIFE:
Part 10, Part 11, and Part 12.

THE FINAL FIVE HAVE COME!
Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, and Part 17.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:53:07 AM by axman36 »

wooterz

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:33:15 AM by dustyjo »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: Alright everyone. LET'S GET SERIOUS: SERIOUS SAM TFE
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:24:58 AM »
It was totally worth it to lose precious sleep time for this.

BUT AXMAN

PLEASE

LEAVE THE KNIFE BE
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:39:57 AM »
As someone who has suffered the wrath of those kamikaze fucks more times than I care to count, I'm not quite sure how to properly respond to that picture.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:13:01 AM »
I'm a few seconds into Part 1 and I'm already sweating rainbows. Serious Sam is sex. One of the best games EVER.

Yeah, that was pretty fun an-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

<hurr big pic durr>
OH LAWD, MOUNTAIN OF KAMIKAZE  :getdown:
<-- Sig by Suikama

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »
Serious Sam?

OH FUCK YES

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »
Axman.

Stop dying. You stop dying this instant.

God damnit axman. stop dying. Even Dusty is ashamed.

wooterz

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 07:35:01 PM »
Axman.

Stop dying. You stop dying this instant.

God damnit axman. stop dying. Even Dusty is ashamed.
if he'd STOP USING that FUCKING KNIFE

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:11:37 AM »
Yes, he abused the knife (and he should keep it up because it's hilarious as hell :V), but what he did with it against the bulls in Part 3 was actually good. He should use the same strategy with those pesky Kleers - I cringed every time he backed off of them, to be clawed every single time. He should definitely go matador on them too.
<-- Sig by Suikama

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »
Why the fuck noone told me about this, I was literally DYING for a game of Sam for months now.

Also, is that a Serious Sam x Touhou picture??? The hell, is that even exists? (Though someone on the main forums was making a mod for SS2 what had Master Spark in it.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:21:41 PM by Just Simply Solais »

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
Man, did I love this game. It was such a great cathartic distraction when life got too hectic for anyone's good. Seeing two people play it at once looks like even more fun. My old copies are long gone. I'll have to get the HD edition off Steam or something and play them when I finally exhaust my current game supply.

Oh, and the kleers throw bolas. You guys have never played Startropics?!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

wooterz

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 10:03:12 PM »
Also, is that a Serious Sam x Touhou picture??? The hell, is that even exists? (Though someone on the main forums was making a mod for SS2 what had Master Spark in it.)

There's a couple, actually. (danbo)

Oh, and the kleers throw bolas. You guys have never played Startropics?!

Nope  :derp:

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 01:21:17 AM »
But... THE KNIFE DOES SO MUCH DAMAGE! Once I killed something instantly with it once I couldn't stop myself from using it! It became like an addiction... At least until we got a certain gigantic weapon.

As for dying, can someone explain what happened here at 2 minutes and 50 seconds?

Parts 4-6 are up on da OP.

wooterz

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 01:36:15 AM »
Part 5 is great, in which
Spoiler:
Ax gets telefragged by a fucking ITEM. Yeah.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:47:07 AM by dustyjo »

Fossil Goo

• UZUMAKI POKEMON
  • OMUNAITO
    • Doodle Blog I have
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 02:51:55 AM »
Lets plays with multiple people tend to be amazeballs and this is no exception. The dynamic between you two is hilarious in that Dusty actually knows what he's doing while Axe runs about phasing through guardrails and flailing around with a knife. It reminds me of a buddy cop movie somehow.

Also, way to make me really want to play this game when I already have like three other games to work through ;;

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 03:44:37 AM »
Part 5, also known as the AXMAN DEATH MARATHON.

seriously. if you die more times in a single video during this, i'm revoking your license to uses axes.

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
That
Spoiler:
telefrag in Part 5
was awesome. I think
Spoiler:
Axman found himself on top of a spawning item while jumping like an idiot. If he stood on the ground he wouldn't have died in such a hilarious way
:V

Anyways, those annoying harpies. Sniping them with the Tommygun or the revolvers (seriously, Axman, STOP IT :V) is a waste of time, health and bullets. The Super Shotgun is the best gun to deal with them. If they're in big packs or inside closed rooms, rockets are fine, too.
<-- Sig by Suikama

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 11:09:48 AM »
Oh, it's not the HD version, huh. (Finally have time to watch these.)

I thought nobody plays the originals anymore.

There should be a HD co-op party once Croteam fixes the Fusion DLC to be working properly again. (It crashes when Ugh-Zan shows up.)

Or when I release my insane level for SEHD. (I really should continue working on that. Also shameless plug, I guess. :P)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:12:21 AM by Just Simply Solais »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »
>Working on assignment due in 11.5 hours.
>See three more parts uploaded.
>Welp.

I don't know if I love or hate this right now.

wooterz

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 12:50:02 PM »
Oh, it's not the HD version, huh. (Finally have time to watch these.)

I thought nobody plays the originals anymore.

The originals are better IMO, since you can actually beat TFE on Normal single-player and the second encounter has the intro they cut out of the HD version for no reason at all.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 01:00:42 PM »
You can't beat TFE HD on Normal? I already did that. :V
(The Ugh-Zan crash is only in TSE Fusion DLC and only multiplayer. Interestingly enough, the same crash was also present in TFE Singleplayer, but it got fixed long long ago.)

And I only miss the crazy gravity from the HD games, the intro can be redone, they actually redid some of the models for them in HD (in a patch, probably for mappers to redo it if they want), like the book, they just kinda decided not to do it, because some of them believed that the intro is too silly (I don't agree), and SS2 flopped because of the silliness (I agree).

wooterz

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »
You can't beat TFE HD on Normal? I already did that. :V

Nope. There's a part where it endlessly spawns kleers and there is absolutely no way to win. I don't know if it's been fixed or not, since that was back when it first came out.

Spoiler:
(we fight through this part rather quickly in the LP, by the way. Hard mode.)

And come on, isn't Serious Sam supposed to be silly and not serious at all? I mean, not quite SS2 silly, but there's guys with chainsaws and pumpkins on their heads for christ's sake.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:16:26 PM by dustyjo »

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »
Nope. There's a part where it endlessly spawns kleers and there is absolutely no way to win. I don't know if it's been fixed or not, since that was back when it first came out.

That was fixed in the first patch. :V I myself never encountered it when I played it and that was just after the first patch.

And come on, isn't Serious Sam supposed to be silly and not serious at all? I mean, not quite SS2 silly, but there's guys with chainsaws and pumpkins on their heads for christ's sake.

Yeah I agree. Croteam kinda got some shit because of that, and they say that SS3 will be at least as silly as SS1 was. And as I said, they included the required entities and models for recreating the intro, but they couldn't got the level into the game with a patch because it would have screwed up the Steam leaderboards and stuff.

Though I wonder if it's possible to add it as a SS2-style video, as the SS3 engine is based on the SS2 one. Hmmmm. I might check this out in the editor.

By the way, the Highlander Reptiloids appearing everywhere was caused by the Co-Op mode, as it adds extra monsters and encounters. :V

Edit 1: *watching Part 6* Some places, SSHD is harder because there's actual physics now, and frankly, SS1 wasn't built for that, they didn't really changed anything about the monsters, save the beheaded soldiers having extra weapons.

Edit 2: Dunes is my favorite level in TFE too. :3
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:30:27 PM by Just Simply Solais »

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 11:53:32 PM »
Nope  :derp:
Good game for the NES. It's like Zelda with a yo-yo. Worth a look if you're bored and into older games.
Part 5 is great, in which
Spoiler:
Ax gets telefragged by a fucking ITEM. Yeah.
Now THAT's LP gold. How does that happen? Who does that happen to? Is this some sorta karma for busting out the knife every time the suicide bombers come around?

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 07:07:08 AM »
[04:05:08] Hakurei Reimu: "I think ohmigodthey'reeverywhere is a pretty accurate description of the whole game"
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

wooterz

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »
Parts 7 and 8 are up now! WATCH 'EM DAMNIT

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
Huh, I've completely forgot that Dunes have two Highlanders in Co-op, I remembered only one. Too bad you're not playing on Serious difficulty, that has double enemies and new enemy placement and such, just like in Co-op, so twice the different.

wooterz

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
oh jesus now everyone's gonna tell us to play on serious difficulty in the second encounter :ohdear:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:56:48 PM by dustyjo »

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 05:12:31 PM »
Real men play on the hardest difficulty possible. If it's not hard enough, they impose a handicap on themselves.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 10:19:04 PM »
If it's not hard enough, they impose a handicap on themselves.

That is actually possible in the HD remake. Serious difficulty, more enemy strenght, no pickups, and the like, it increases the score multiplier. :V

oh jesus now everyone's gonna tell us to play on serious difficulty in the second encounter :ohdear:

YES.