Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order: 3rd Anniversary  (Read 143688 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Fate/Choco Order 2.018: Bananarama
« Reply #420 on: June 05, 2018, 03:12:51 AM »
Reminder that the 100 Talisman free quest does not drop Talismans, so don't bother with the Shop CE; if you don't have enough of the gacha CEs, you can always just stick whatever you want on your Servants - like, say, the i Element or Kaleidoscope on whatever Rider you're using on the frontline to painlessly wipe the first wave of Demons.

tl;dr Make a new party just for the Talisman free quest with whatever you have of David, Lu Bu, Li Shuwen, and Xuanzang; whatever you have of the gacha CEs; and whatever else, make sure it either obliterates Demons (if in front) or is your strongest Lancer (or Saber, if you can nuke Arjuna easily enough or have space for one) (if in back).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:14:42 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #421 on: June 05, 2018, 04:31:33 AM »
Oh my god, we get to choose another 1 SR starter servant for 3M download. :o

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #422 on: June 05, 2018, 04:44:36 AM »
Nice bonus.  And we still have the anniversary coming up later this month.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #423 on: June 05, 2018, 06:25:32 AM »
> Scathach banner

Dear god, no, not yet, I've spent too much recently...

Anyway, who are you guys gonna get for the 4*? I'm torn on either upping Martha's NP, grabbing EMIYA, or Heracles.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #424 on: June 05, 2018, 06:45:36 AM »
Anyway, who are you guys gonna get for the 4*? I'm torn on either upping Martha's NP, grabbing EMIYA, or Heracles.
Between d'Eon, Liz and Stheno, I'm picking Stheno. Liz will only add on the huge amount of dragon fangs which I'm already lacking, and d'Eon will add on to my lack of saber gems. Sumanai shall be ignored and I already have the rest of the six. :V

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #425 on: June 05, 2018, 07:38:31 AM »
Wow, this is a pleasant surprise. I'm going to get Carmilla as she's the only one I'm missing. And a few tickets for Scathach.

It's interesting that they are planning this during the 2nd week of Go West! The 3 Million Campaign could have easily fit into the week after Go West and before Onigashima, it's what JP did. Which suggests... we are speeding up and are going to jump right into Onigashima on June 13th. What else are they going to give us on a dead week now that the 3 Million Campaign got bumped up one week? The only thing I see on the JP calendar is half AP embers. And maybe they'll squeeze in an Arjuna/Karna banner although it would have made more sense to have that from the 6th to the 13th. Pushing Onigashima up from June 13th to June 27th would allow Camelot to be released on June 27th which brings Ozymandias and co into existence and allows them to appear on the 1 year anniversary banner just like JP. If that indeed is the case, talk about going full throttle.

I don't really mind going right into Onigashima after Go West, but it'll just end up delaying the Strengthening Quests till after Onigashima ends. You'd have to squeeze the Strengthenings you want while clearing Camelot in the above scenario. So... the week break after Go West wouldn't be bad, but I'm inclined to think we won't get it now.

« Reply #426 on: June 05, 2018, 07:41:12 AM »
Aaaaand another surprise great heroes drop. That makes 8, time to MLB one. I'll stick that on Assassin Emiya for my supports I guess, since the talisman farm quest is full of Riders.

I don't know who I'll pick, I'll have to give it some serious thought. I started with Tama-Cat and Marie, and eventually picked up Siegfried who is currently my best Saber despite his lack of overall greatness.

Between the rest of the lot, my favorites are Stheno and Elisabeth, and I don't really care for Carmilla or Martha. I don't have any gold archers yet, so picking up Emiya might help me out a lot, on the other hand I can also see d'Eon being very useful.

I have no idea who I'll end up going with. But I guess I have a while to decide on it.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #427 on: June 05, 2018, 07:43:17 AM »
Oh my god, we get to choose another 1 SR starter servant for 3M download. :o
Emiya or Liz.... can't decide.

edit-
Picking Emiya and crossing my fingers for a Scathach drop.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:49:40 AM by Aya Reiko »

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2018, 04:36:26 PM »
I will choose Emiya, king of event bonuses.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Edible

« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »
I will choose Emiya, king of event bonuses.

The event bonuses would be the only reason I'd pick him really, since I'd probably never use him in-game otherwise.  Gil is such a stupid catch-all problem solver that I only feel like investing in an archer if they have a single target NP (probably Chloe unless I get lucky for the summer event).

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »
I'll probably choose Liz because I still don't have anything above a 3* for my Lancers.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2018, 01:42:02 PM »
Majin Okita gudaguda event in JP :V
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2018, 03:32:32 PM »
>majin saber
>class is alter ego instead
lolwut :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »
The absolute madmen did it! She's real!
So... demon king nobu for guda 4?

Edible

« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2018, 08:48:33 PM »
Ryoma and Oryuu are fucking cool as hell

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2018, 09:29:02 PM »
Ryoma and Oryuu are fucking cool as hell
Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson plus dragon Stand; what's not to like?

(Kiyohime must be jealous as fuck)

PV for the event
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:02:32 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #436 on: June 07, 2018, 05:17:06 AM »
Octuplet Crystals are in the event shop

I hadn't looked into what the shop contents for the second half of the event were previously, so this is a very nice surprise. Finally my Astolfo isn't stuck at level 60, so indirectly this second half of the event has made the remainder of the first half MUCH easier for me. Thank god, because I was getting real tired of barely scraping a victory out of the Tianzhu quest.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #437 on: June 07, 2018, 05:49:04 AM »
Struck out when it came to the 3M gacha, but at least I have a regular Liz now.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2018, 05:51:15 AM »
Failed to land a Scathach on my first 10x Summon.  Got a Trap instead.

edit-

* Aya Reiko plonks down the $80 for the max quartz package

10x Summon 2:  Martha
10x Summon 3: Siegfried...
Silver Lancer...  *zap* Turns Gold...  Liz
10x Summon 4: Gold Lancer right off the bat...  SCATHACH!!!

Now I have...
2 Gold Sabers (d'Eon and Siegfried)
3 Gold Riders (NP2 Iskandar, Astolfo, and Martha)
1 Gold Caster (Helena), I'm not counting Iris since I can't ascend her.
2 Gold Lancers (Scathach and Liz)
2 Gold Assassins (Shuten and NP2 Emiya (Asn))
1 Gold Berserker (Tamamo Cat)

No Gold Archers.  Guess that makes my choice of a free 4* servant easy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:08:38 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2018, 07:41:56 AM »
Well, Vlad is... not what I was looking for, but okay, he's a 5* Servant.

As for the 4*, I eventually settled on EMIYA, much like a lot of people here. He'll get overshadowed by Chloe soon enough, but apparently he's got a ton of upcoming event bonuses.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2018, 09:16:19 PM »
Now that I'm able to finish Tianzhu with relative ease, and burned off the rest of my 1100 talismans that I was hoarding because ~~difficulties~~, it seems like Tathāgata took its place as "the quest I need to farm a lot but is too hard for my team to clear it reliably".

Caster trash mobs plus a Lancer boss is real suffering for me. And any damage dealt to LAltoria is wasted until I get rid of those snekladies, since one of them has an obscene HP recovery that I didn't know about (I thought it would be roughly the same as the others) that completely reversed all the damage I did...

My Astolfo is better now, but he certainly won't be dealing damage more quickly than supersnek can heal. So I pretty much have to take a Rider support I guess, and try to slowly beat down LAltoria without a Saber after...

--------------------------------

Edit: So this has been working fine, so far. Whole frontline filled with Riders (Astolfo, Medusa, Santa Alter support) to deal with sneks without getting beat up too much, and d'Eon in the very back row to clean up whatever is left of LAltoria's HP pool at the end of the fight. It's pretty slow, but safe at least. Drake might be a little faster but I haven't found one with the orb CE equipped yet, so I'm just gonna take the safe route with Santa.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:23:12 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #441 on: June 08, 2018, 04:35:22 AM »
If you can find a Mordred with the CE, I suggest you use her - Clarent Blood Arthur deals extra damage to LArtAlt because Saberface. It's AoE, which won't be enough to wipe her or the sneks in one shot, though. Most gold Sabers are decent to good against her, anyway. She's Dragon-type, so Siggy can max damage her without Mr. George to setup, Altera mashes her into paste, regular Altria is Altria, Okita murderfaces everything Lancer...

Just try to focus down the Queen in back first, since that's the one who uses Golden Harp (the Giant only uses Silver Harp, which is 500/target). Save a Hippo/Pegasus drive-by for the last wave.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:44:52 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #442 on: June 08, 2018, 04:55:50 AM »
If you can find a Mordred with the CE, I suggest you use her - Clarent Blood Arthur deals extra damage to LArtAlt because Saberface. It's AoE, which won't be enough to wipe her or the sneks in one shot, though. Most gold Sabers are decent to good against her, anyway. She's Dragon-type, so Siggy can max damage her without Mr. George to setup, Altera mashes her into paste, regular Altria is Altria, Okita murderfaces everything Lancer...

Just try to focus down the Queen in back first, since that's the one who uses Golden Harp (the Giant only uses Silver Harp, which is 500/target). Save a Hippo/Pegasus drive-by for the last wave.
Solid advice there, thank you. Only had enough AP left to try it out once right now, but it went a lot more smoothly with Mordred than whatever I was doing before. Clarent and Hippo together was enough to wipe the snakes and then Mordred was able to finish up the rest quickly.

This is much less of a pain, so hopefully it should be smooth sailing for a while. Just have to pick up two more Ox CEs now and then the lore.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #443 on: June 08, 2018, 08:29:50 AM »
> Run the Rider orb quest
> Pick Stheno or Carmilla for possible damage buff against the Servant
> Rider Servant is Astolfo
> Groan, because you should have gone with Shuten

Move eternally forward,

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #444 on: June 09, 2018, 02:23:45 AM »
Welp, that Deva node was a little easier than I expected. Didn't even lose a single Servant in my front line. Then again, I was fielding the likes of Scathach, Herc, and (Support) Waver, so who am I to talk. :V

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #445 on: June 09, 2018, 06:30:16 AM »
3 down, 3 to go.  Up next, Berserker-fest.

Also...

Max Ascended Iskandar.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #446 on: June 09, 2018, 07:20:11 AM »
3 down, 3 to go.  Up next, Berserker-fest.

Also...

Max Ascended Iskandar.

I kind of love the Berserker-fest. On the one hand, all but one enemy is a Chimera, which is one of the hardest enemies to tackle, in pairs; on the other, the Servant Berserker is Heracles. One of the Lotus Servants will almost immediately one-shot him if they have their NP up, almost certainly if they've completed their special quests and got their special buff.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #447 on: June 09, 2018, 07:51:30 AM »
Yeah, Berserker-fest has been one of the easiest for me to handle so far. The next one after is actually just a little easier on my servants considering its a bunch of rider-types and then Scathach - so Assassin Emiya has no trouble just cutting through those while Support Saber builds up NP for Scath.

Haven't done the Deva node yet, but I'll get to that shortly and see how it goes. I need a couple more orbs before I can go in.

At the rate things are going though I might clear out the shop of lotus items entirely and have to go back to farming other currencies for the last day or two.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #448 on: June 09, 2018, 07:53:23 AM »
I kind of love the Berserker-fest. On the one hand, all but one enemy is a Chimera, which is one of the hardest enemies to tackle, in pairs; on the other, the Servant Berserker is Heracles. One of the Lotus Servants will almost immediately one-shot him if they have their NP up, almost certainly if they've completed their special quests and got their special buff.
Beat Berserker-fest.  I managed to beat Herc down just before I finally fired off a NP.

On to Dragon-Rider fest with a certain purple Lancer at the end.  But first... ORB GRIND...

« Reply #449 on: June 09, 2018, 08:24:44 AM »
Well, all I have to say about that Deva realm (for my available team of servants anyways) is thank god its a one-time only quest and not one that I'll have to farm for lotuses. That was horrible, for my team. I shouldn't have used a quartz revival, but I don't regret it one bit.