Author Topic: Touhou 12.8: The Great Fairy Wars ~ Touhou Three Fairies  (Read 169746 times)

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Re: Touhou 12.8: The Great Fairy Wars ~ Touhou Three Fairies
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2010, 02:54:38 PM »

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
Argh, i won't have internet on my vacation which starts NEXT HOUR  :( i didn't expect this. Well, i will be back in 7 days, i hope some interesting info about 12.8 / ibarakasen / TH14.-1 appears meanwhile. Also, i wanted to point out that Konngara Kaneguma sounds very nice in my post too :) and then i wanted to get info on all Doujis and see which one of them is swordsman or from a distant star or whatever. I don't have time for that now, so someone with enough time will have to check that instead. KTHXBAI for now!
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

Code Slasher

« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2010, 09:13:44 PM »
I didn't see this coming!  Or, maybe I did?  I'm not sure XD!  Still, it's a freezing game?  How would that work?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:20:27 PM by Edible »

Lucarius

« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2010, 11:01:05 PM »
I wish ZUN would add on some bonus for waiting 3 hours on the A-28a line. It would really make the travel expenses and sunburn worthwhile.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2010, 02:05:41 AM »
I wish ZUN would add on some bonus for waiting 3 hours on the A-28a line. It would really make the travel expenses and sunburn worthwhile.
You don't have to pay store mark-up. :V

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2010, 02:45:57 AM »
You don't have to pay store mark-up. :V
True. But I'm kind of worried... will you really dare to venture inside ZUN's booth? (If you can, at least steal an autograph or something from him so you can later sell it for wwwwwwwYen at Yahoo Auctions :V)

Anyway, looking forward for this one because I've always wanted to see the fairies in an official game.

ZUNtastic news!

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2010, 05:05:32 AM »

If any one circle would be kind enough to offer incentives precisely for that, it might just set a precedent that would reach our Kannushi before Reitaisai 20.

Maybe.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2010, 08:04:18 AM »
Am I the only person who feels it should've been '12.9'?

BestKHparodies

« Reply #248 on: July 30, 2010, 08:06:09 AM »
FAIRY WARS? Seriously? Come on.............

Oh well. I bet it will be the hardest Touhou game to date. Worse than UFO, PoFV Lunatic and StB combined.

Yay, Cirno as the PC! :D

« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2010, 11:01:26 AM »
No. A game called something as silly as Fairy Wars is not allowed to be hard.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Touhou 12.8
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2010, 11:03:15 AM »
New to Touhou, are you?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2010, 11:23:27 AM »
It is actually good thing it isn't called 12.9 tbh. Preventative decision in order to prevent fandom from further magnifying the (9) thing for Cirno.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2010, 11:59:06 AM »
No. A game called something as silly as Fairy Wars is not allowed to be hard.

Does "Yousei Taisensou ~ Sangatsusei" sound cooler to you? :P

Also hey Hele's back :] I wonder if there's any truth in that statement. Plausible, but I wonder if there's another explanation. I don't see why ZUN would care about the (9) viral meme honestly.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2010, 12:53:36 PM »
It is actually good thing it isn't called 12.9 tbh. Preventative decision in order to prevent fandom from further magnifying the ⑨ thing for Cirno.
Pretty much this.

GJ ZUN
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »

I wouldn't say it 'isn't allowed to be hard', but 'How could it possibly have any level of challenge when you're playing as the strongest?'

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2010, 03:16:39 PM »
I wouldn't say it 'isn't allowed to be hard', but 'How could it possibly have any level of challenge when you're playing as the strongest?'
It is true that Cirno's story mode in 12.3 is far easier on Lunatic then Sanae's or Meiling's...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2010, 05:19:11 PM »
FAIRY WARS? Seriously? Come on.............

Oh well. I bet it will be the hardest Touhou game to date. Worse than UFO, PoFV Lunatic and StB combined.

Yay, Cirno as the PC! :D

can't comment on StB or UFO. But PoFV doesn't differ much from Normal, I think. Once you get used to lvl 16 EX attacks and chain resetting for survival, I mean.

Ironically, I have a PoFV Lunatic 1cc with Cirno :V  (I'll admit to not having played the game much, was busy with other games)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2010, 08:12:30 AM »

Uh yes. Because then its a language i don't understand. Except that i know that Yousei is fairy. But aside of that, no clue. Fairy Wars just sound like some silly kids game. About as intimidating as Fat Princess. Judging upon the third screenshot on ZUN's blog though it might throw some pretty nasty danmaku at you in order to make the Freeze bullets gimmick almost-necessary to use. Or am i the only person who thinks QED V.2 when seeing that screenshot?

Tengukami

Touhou 12.8
« Reply #258 on: July 31, 2010, 10:42:28 AM »
I laughed at 'Perfect Cherry Blossom' too. Playing it made the laughter stop.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:45:09 AM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2010, 03:06:27 PM »
But aside of that, no clue. Fairy Wars just sound like some silly kids game.

the main focus of the game is Cirno fighting the 3 mischievous fairies.

are you saying that this isn't a silly kids' game?

Matsuri

Re: Touhou 12.8
« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2010, 03:18:58 PM »
I laughed at 'Perfect Cherry Blossom' too. Playing it made the laughter stop.

Hahaha. PCB was my first Touhou game and it's still my favorite. My adoration for flowers drew me to the game, and its brilliance has kept me loving it more than any other game in the series. The only games that even come close to how much I love PCB are MS, PoDD, and PoFV. :P

« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2010, 03:50:25 PM »
About as intimidating as Fat Princess.

Fat Princess is the greatest name for any video game ever shut up.

Also I always thought "Perfect Cherry Blossom" was far more pretty than silly. It's the reason it was the first Touhou game I played! :V

Tengukami

« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »
It just so happens that I finally got PCB to run at a normal speed in fullscreen today. Normally, fullscreen would send it up to 720 FPS. All I did was check off the DirectX box in the config file.

It's a real joy to play that game, especially using Reimu B, and it's even better when I can see what I'm doing during those bullet-heavy moments.

While Mountain of Faith was the first game I played - because it was the newest - the name "Perfect Cherry Blossom" made me chuckle initially. I thought it was going to be fairly easy with that pretty, floral name. And it wasn't too bad until I hit Stage 4 and was attacked by ... a fairy. Lily White tore me up one side and down the other. I learned an important lesson about respect for fairies that day.

So don't laugh at fairies. They will open for you a world of pain.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:04:11 PM by Tengukami »

« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2010, 04:21:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsIggxkrNvU

do sprites count as fairies? :p
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Tengukami

« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2010, 04:25:25 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsIggxkrNvU

do sprites count as fairies? :p

Oh man, Twinkle Star Sprites. It's amazing how hard a lot of that cute stuff is. AirRade-Air, for example. You're a flying high school girl collecting things like French fries, milkshakes and dodging frogs and teddy bears. Your insulin level actually climbs as you play it. But I have never cleared a normal run.

« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2010, 09:10:41 PM »
the main focus of the game is Cirno fighting the 3 mischievous fairies.

are you saying that this isn't a silly kids' game?

Considering that the last title was about three girls of probably very mediocre intelligence goes off to chase some ship while collecting tokens for no apparent reason i'd say that ZUN's ideas for games usually are very silly.

This is of course Cirno we are talking about. A girl who is famous for being silly and stupid. And the strongest they say. My experiences in EoSD said otherwise though. And why would the three mischievous fairies have any powerful magic anyway?

Whatever the case though: Its a ZUN game so its not a kid's game.

Lily White is proof that fairies can do some sort of danmaku but nothing too complex so it gets outright scary. Hmm... maybe Lily White will make a comeback.

Fat Princess is the greatest name for any video game ever shut up.

Nah. The thought of a fat princess always turned me off.

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #266 on: August 02, 2010, 11:57:07 AM »
HAY GUYZ ITS PAGE (9) WASSAP? *shot*
>faries: Init ExMode
>Reimu: Die like moron

So this is the topic now? :V

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #267 on: August 02, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
>faries: Init ExMode
>Reimu: Die like moron

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:12:00 AM by E-Nazrin »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Formless God