Author Topic: Touhou 12.8: The Great Fairy Wars ~ Touhou Three Fairies  (Read 169778 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou 12.8: The Great Fairy Wars ~ Touhou Three Fairies
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2010, 06:04:01 PM »
Welp, I've got August 14 marked on my calendar.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2010, 06:06:06 PM »
Not being a big fan of Cirno, son im disapoint. She is getting too much attention lately. But since its a new game, YAY, new game!

Out of nowhere, but... ZUN should develop more Cirno's character, more canon stuff about her, jossing stuff the fans created.

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2010, 06:07:39 PM »
I wonder what's the relation between the Yamame-looking girl with a tree on her head and this game...

Anyways, it sure is interesting, freezing bullets.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2010, 06:08:36 PM »
Not being a big fan of Cirno, son im disapoint. She is getting too much attention lately. But since its a new game, YAY, new game!

Out of nowhere, but... ZUN should develop more Cirno's character, more canon stuff about her, jossing stuff the fans created.

So you express distaste with a Cirno-centric game in the same breath as claiming Cirno needs more canon material.

Wat.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tengukami

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2010, 06:10:16 PM »
I think Muon is lamenting that there is too much fanon about Cirno and not enough canon. Which is also strange, because, why are you paying attention to and giving any power to fanon theories that you disagree with?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Bananamatic

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2010, 06:10:46 PM »
Don't you ever bore even yourself at times with this tired little routine of yours?

Feel free to talk about playing, enjoying, hating, procuring, acquiring, ordering, buying or obtaining them instead.
So are we going to edit the rules or are these posts allowed?

Tengukami

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »
So are we going to edit the rules or are these posts allowed?

1. Wrong board.

2. This is all you ever do. You are a tiresome, predictable and unfunny troll. Why are you even on this site?

Bananamatic

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
1. Wrong board.

2. This is all you ever do. You are a tiresome, predictable and unfunny troll. Why are you even on this site?
since when is not fanboying over zun trolling
don't say it's just me, I've seen a mod calling somebody else a troll just because he didn't like a part of the game

different opinion!=trolling
yeah, maybe I overdid it with the arguing once(and I'm not the only one who did that either) and somebody slapped the troll label on me
now I don't agree, troll, different opinion, troll
trust me, I'm equally tired of that

I like touhou but his shmups are disappointing

also, HME, AA, partially RaNGE

I want to see ZUN releasing a good loli shmup. That's all.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2010, 06:35:05 PM »
The game isn't even out yet, we haven't even heard what the gameplay elements are, it's just speculation at this point. you can't legitimately say you hate it, let alone claim it's a rip-off, that's what makes it trolling IMO.

Tengukami

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »
The game isn't even out yet, we haven't even heard what the gameplay elements are, it's just speculation at this point. you can't legitimately say you hate it, let alone claim it's a rip-off, that's what makes it trolling IMO.

It's the same thing he did in the DS thread.

Bdog, spare me your disingenuous bullshit. "Different opinion" my ass. There are plenty of people on this site who make thoughtful and legitimate criticisms of Touhou. You, though, you spout the same crap, over and over and over again and add a colonvee. Yawn.

Look, when DS came out, you were all over that thread, shitting it up with your asinine blatherings. And you're trying to do it again. Claiming you're just making a genuine criticism is laughable. All you do is shit like this. You're obnoxious, and believe me, plenty of people on this site are sick of you.

Am I coming across harsh? Possibly, but I think you need to hear it. Your act is old. Consider changing the record; it's skipping.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2010, 06:40:22 PM »
Sir Amat: Let it go, he's been warned once in this thread to knock off that sort of behavior, and if he keeps doing it we'll come down on him. No need to fan the flames.

Banana: Yes, it is indeed trolling to go into a Touhou topic and talk about how Touhou sucks, no matter how much you may try to trivialize it. You're perfectly welcome to think Touhou sucks, but if you're going to talk about how other franchises are better than it, do so in topics about those other franchises, not topics about Touhou games.

It saddens me that you need such an explanation since it really should be common sense, but whatever. At least now you have no "I didn't know" excuse.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tengukami

« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »
Alright, point taken, Kilga. Just trying to impart another perspective on him. I'm dropping it.

« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »
Actually I want more official information about Cirno, not the "I'm shooting random fairies cuz I'm a bored dumbass" kind of plot.
I wonder if ZUN is just doing that game because of the Cirno fanbase, instead of doing what he likes.

Nah, ZUN couldn't do that. Maybe he just loves Cirno, Aya and Sanae.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »
Well, Cirno was in 6, 7, and 9 before her memeness exploded (since marukyu shenanigans started with 9, right?). I see that as a sign that ZUN has to like Cirno more than the average character. And ZUN doesn't seem like the type of person to cater to the fanbase to this extent either.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Tengukami

« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2010, 06:59:26 PM »
I've always had a soft spot for Cirno. She's childish and child-like. The innocence in her self-belief is charming, and in fiction I've written involving her, I've always tried to be sympathetic to her. I think she deserves more love.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:04:16 PM by Tengukami »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »
Does that include the time she found the table? >_>

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 07:01:09 PM »
I see that as a sign that ZUN has to like Cirno more than the average character.
"Beloved Tomboyish Daughter", ne? Might mean more than people thought, after all~ :3

I for one look forward to this game, especially in terms of the system that will be used. All those percentage values on the screen look intriguing~

For those interested: The uppermost of the three values on the right (the one that goes over 200% in some screenshots) seems to read やる気 , which my dictionary says can roughly be 'Spirit'. And the third one is for 'Perfect Freeze'

Tengukami

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2010, 07:02:47 PM »

Especially the time she found the table. That was a story of self-discovery, where she even gained the sympathy of Marisa. That it was also about corner-humping is just gravy.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2010, 07:05:10 PM »
Really, the only character I think he could overly-like is Yuka with the whole "youkai moe" thing. :3

Honestly I always found the "X character is a slut" meme humorous. I mean some of the main proponents are Sakuya fans who conveniently forget the fact that she starred in 5 straight games! (TH 6, 7, 8, 7.5, 9)  I really think it's just him doing what he wants, with the characters he wants. It seems to me, though, that he's putting a lot more thought into things since MoF, since the stories and settings seem to flow much better than 6-8, which would explain the recurring characters.

Cirno as a character I've always liked. Not loved, but she always struck me, as Tengu just said, as child-like and overconfident. Though canonically stupid, it's born more out of hard-headiness and a desire to prove herself than pure retardation. Which is why I like stories like Cirno-chan is the Strongest and Thank You Cirno-chan, which imo display this likable quality of her.

As for the game itself, I have no idea what the engine apparently is based on, just that freezing (and blowing up?) bullets levels her shot. What the shot does I can't tell. Looks interesting though. I suppose I'll keep an eye on it, I really could use a short pick-up game.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2010, 07:07:44 PM »
:smug:

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »
dear god has ZUN finally wizened up and employed EXCELLENT artists to do the artwork while he MAXIMIZES his effort in game design?

I sense the awesome in this and I dare say... THis is one helluva game and I will be playing it. I guaranteed it upon my cunning collection of CLEVER MAN WEARHOUSES.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2010, 07:12:18 PM »
Blegh, I try not to let fanon get to me (tsundere Alice, for example), but with Cirno's massive fanbase it's a lot harder to ignore all the I'M THE STRONGEST 999 stuff.

Still, the whole danmaku-freezing mechanic does look like it could be fun, if it's implemented well. I'll certainly play it and see if I warm up to it. Afterall, I thought Shoot the Bullet was the worst game ever, but now, it and Double Spoiler are two of my favorite games in the series.

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2010, 07:13:14 PM »
Oh man I just noticed Cirno's looking a bit on the plump side :]

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2010, 07:17:46 PM »
Oh man I just noticed Cirno's looking a bit on the plump side :]
Too much hanging around with Letty  :]

Drake

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2010, 07:19:49 PM »
Believe it or not, even though ZUN says he makes these games for himself and not to please fans, it doesn't mean that fans don't sway his way of thinking about the games. I personally think at this point, the way ZUN thinks about his games is fairly heavily influenced by the fans.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »
Even ZUN's got rent to pay. It's not like the Japanese beer god showers him with yen so he can keep making games.

Drake

« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »
Eh, it's possible.

EDIT: that almost makes me wonder how the japanese economy might be affected by zun dying and no more touhou stuff ever happening

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
Eh, it's possible.

EDIT: that almost makes me wonder how the japanese economy might be affected by zun dying and no more touhou stuff ever happening

Shush, I've had someone die shortly (within 2 years) after becoming a fan of their work before, it stinks.. shush!...

No more ***---***XXXX---////\\\\\~*~the economy~*~//////\\\\\\----XXXX****----**** thing? yay.

edit: ohh...*facepalm*

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2010, 07:33:46 PM »

Tasofro and Clash House would probably pick up the slack as best they could. Worst case scenario, we don't get any more new characters.

Tengukami

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2010, 07:36:44 PM »
Tasofro and Clash House would probably pick up the slack as best they could. Worst case scenario, we don't get any more new characters.

Pretty much. And I don't see Touhou doujin works of any kind ending with ZUN. I mean, Rozen Maiden fanworks are still chugging nicely along, for example.