Author Topic: Anime North 2k14, presented by 2k games  (Read 4150 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Anime North 2k14, presented by 2k games
« on: May 09, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
So who's going?

We're hosting the Touhou Project panel on Sunday at 10am this year (eh, kinda shitty time because Fingers hates 2hu apparently), and later Kancolle at 4pm the same Sunday. Y'all that's coming better join yo.

Re: Anime North 2k14, presented by 2k games
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »
Oh so it's Sunday <_>

I dunno if should go Sun or Sat then since Sat is the full day and both would cost lol 80 bucks

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 02:57:38 AM »
Hey,
I'll have 2hu prints for sale in Gallery Momiji, people should buy them. 

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 03:04:34 PM »
believe me I would LOVVVVVEEE to go, but I got no table so I wont be going|QAQ>
the AA info changing date has alrdy passed
so I would be about to find people to share table
u guys have fun and take pic for me plz |TAT>/

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »
Oh noez, Finger hates 2hu ;ㅅ;

I guess I'll be coming but not gonna make any promises

Drake

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 07:23:08 AM »
Oh yes. I am going. The hype train has left the station.

Clearly we need meetups or whatever guys.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ark

• みょん
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 03:46:53 AM »
hi I'm going

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 03:48:23 AM »
I'd say we can meet up at the Touhou photoshoot? I think Paradox is setting that up on Saturday.

Oh

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 03:55:51 AM »
hi I'm going
hi hi hi let's meet up

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
I'd say we can meet up at the Touhou photoshoot? I think Paradox is setting that up on Saturday.

^ Photoshoot is at 1pm at the IP1 area ( The area in front of the Doubletree/International Plaza)

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 12:04:30 AM »
I'll be going to AN this year as well. I think I might actually try to get to know people this time around, too, since I didn't do that the last time I was there. :V

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 03:49:44 AM »
Only just discovered this thread. Really a shame that I only just discovered it today as I'm not gonna go Sunday though there was no way I could have caught the Touhou panel in time since it's so early. At least I did buy what I wanted on the two past days at the cost of my wallet which was pretty empty to begin with and my legs. This being my first convention, I have to ask, is it normal for my legs to be so tired afterwards?

I might take pictures of the few things I got but the one thing I managed to buy which I wanted for a long time and I didn't even know would be there was a copy of Retrospective 53 Minutes. I didn't even know there was gonna be one booth in the dealer room which had an entire section of Touhou albums and games along with some very lewd stuff.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 02:13:32 AM »
Only just discovered this thread. Really a shame that I only just discovered it today as I'm not gonna go Sunday though there was no way I could have caught the Touhou panel in time since it's so early. At least I did buy what I wanted on the two past days at the cost of my wallet which was pretty empty to begin with and my legs. This being my first convention, I have to ask, is it normal for my legs to be so tired afterwards?

I might take pictures of the few things I got but the one thing I managed to buy which I wanted for a long time and I didn't even know would be there was a copy of Retrospective 53 Minutes. I didn't even know there was gonna be one booth in the dealer room which had an entire section of Touhou albums and games along with some very lewd stuff.
While I cannot confirm as a veteran, I can confirm that with all the potential walking one can do at AN, tired legs would be considered getting off lucky.

With that said, I'm gonna try and do a con report a bit later and post some of the photos from the Touhou photo shoot. I'd personally like to give kudos to all the cosplayers at the con, especially the Flandre and Koishi, whom both had phenomenal costumes, and all the cosplayers were very enthusiastic in participating in the shoot. It really did make the experience all the more enjoyable for all parties involved!

With that said, there doesn't happen to be a link to the video from the start of the panel, would there? That was comedy gold, IMO. :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 02:34:06 AM »
That would be JT's Touhou 101 video. The panel version was cut a bit due to time constraints for the panel itself, so you can find it even more hilarious the second time you watch it :V

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 09:16:31 PM »
That would be JT's Touhou 101 video. The panel version was cut a bit due to time constraints for the panel itself, so you can find it even more hilarious the second time you watch it :V
I indeed did find it more hilarious the second time, thanks!

Anyway, got some photos up right now on the Tumblr-box. Clicky here. If, for some off reason, the link doesn't work, just search up the tag #touhou-north on the Tumblr search page, and you should get a hold of them. I should point out I had to resize these because I had my camera on super-high-res mode and now a good gigabyte of space on my laptop is all AN pics. Like, I took 236 pics, man, and most of those were from the Touhou shoot. So if there's a specific pose that I missed that you wanted to see, gimme a shout, and I'll see if I have it. I'll con report later, too, if you wanna see that stuff.