Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199890 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2018, 12:40:48 AM »
Alright, so I've played with Link a bit. As much as buffing Reposition probably isn't super necessary or good for skill variety, Link is a very dynamic and fun skill to play with. It's a great mix of forcing the player to plan ahead without forcing them to do anything too convoluted to get the bonus.

Playing it with all fliers definitely helps, I'm not sure I would want to use it outside of Flier Emblem. Really want to see more Link skills now.

As skills from the new bride banner go Link plays a lot better than Feint, which still feels either pointless or like overkill in my experience (although having it on a total haymaker like Bride Tharja probably isn't optimal).
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #601 on: June 19, 2018, 07:15:28 PM »
As much as I don't care for Cordelia's character, whenever I see good art of her, I think, damn that's beautiful. But anyway,

My current build for Beruka. The idea is to hit first, get into Vantage range, then have Deflect Melee mitigate damage (and with luck waste their special) while debuffing surrounding enemies. This charges Ignis for death upon whoever tries attacking her next.

Brazen is nice but there's a problem in it being a dead skill at the beginning of the match or if the target enemy doesn't do enough damage. I wish I could make a more assassin like build, but this is pretty fun too. I'm sticking with it for now.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #602 on: June 19, 2018, 07:31:31 PM »
Ooh, that's pretty interesting. It crumples to a lot of different common stuff, but obviously that's true of the hyper-defense build too. That's just Beruka. And this arguably has more good matchups than my build, not sure.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #603 on: June 19, 2018, 09:02:04 PM »
Summer banner is looking fantastic, four heroes for every color! Yay yay funtimes.

EDIT: Yaaaaay
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:00:23 PM by BT »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2018, 03:36:32 AM »
oh oh my god Noire's new C skill Infantry Rush, gives Heavy Blade effect to infantry allies within 2 spaces, this is Huge! Oh man I really don't want to pull colorless ever but I might chuck in a couple orbs for this.
But then again I'm not a huge user of skills like this and Infantry pulse that require entire team setups. Might just wait it out maybemmmmm.... At the very least check out what's on that other special banner.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #605 on: June 26, 2018, 05:42:09 AM »
This is the first time I stayed in Tier 20 arena since launch.. sniff..

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #606 on: June 26, 2018, 05:50:27 AM »
What's the score cutoff nowadays? I don't think I've ever stayed in T20 after they implemented demotions.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #607 on: June 26, 2018, 12:45:00 PM »
As far as I know it's around 730 per battle.

Camilla is a featured unit?! Maybe there's a chance this time... Probably not, but maybe!

Edit: Lolnope, not even close to being close. Flier Emblem remains de facto banned for having low BSTs, no matter how many merges are involved.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 12:52:16 PM by commandercool »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #608 on: June 26, 2018, 05:03:54 PM »
What's the score cutoff nowadays? I don't think I've ever stayed in T20 after they implemented demotions.
I got a total of 3652 (730 * 5 + 2).

I did it with Fjorm, Soleil+4, Fae+9 and Nowi+5. The game-changer for me was building Nowi and using a score calculator (I usually use someone else for her slot).

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #609 on: June 27, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »
Another armored axe Hector, huh? Yawn. On the plus side, his banner has normal Elise, who I've been wanting forever, so I'll probably fish for her.

These legendary banners keep refusing to include New Years Camilla. Include New Years Camilla please! She's on my core team and being stuck at +2 is a bit limiting, even if her base BST is more tolerable than her doppelgangers'.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #610 on: June 27, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »
Green is like the best a color has ever been in any legendary banner. You're telling me I can get steady breath, distant counter or Myrrh? Count me in.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #611 on: June 28, 2018, 01:33:18 PM »
I don't know how, but my legendary banner luck seems to get worse each time. I just spent ~70 stones on green and colorless and walked away with nothing but Matthews, Virions, and Gunthers.

At least this banner overlaps the beginning-of-month quests so I can get some more Virions before it goes away. I really mainly want Elise, but I'd be pretty happy with anything in either of those colors. Preferably several things by the time I'm done here.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #612 on: July 02, 2018, 11:24:45 AM »
The voting gauntlets end too late. All three rounds were the same, where my team had at least 50% of the map in the second-to-last round, then I had to go to bed and then we immediately dropped down to 3-4 territories. It should be moved forward an hour or two so people with work schedules on the east coast can fully participate...

Meanwhile, still literally nothing from the Hector banner. Spend close to 80 orbs and I still have yet to get a 5* or even a single unit I kept. Pity rate's, creeping way up there, so when it does break I guess I hope I get a few things at least...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #613 on: July 02, 2018, 10:08:31 PM »
The voting gauntlets end too late. All three rounds were the same, where my team had at least 50% of the map in the second-to-last round, then I had to go to bed and then we immediately dropped down to 3-4 territories. It should be moved forward an hour or two so people with work schedules on the east coast can fully participate...

Meanwhile, still literally nothing from the Hector banner. Spend close to 80 orbs and I still have yet to get a 5* or even a single unit I kept. Pity rate's, creeping way up there, so when it does break I guess I hope I get a few things at least...
Same here, I've been diverting orbs away from my Cordie hunt to get zilch nada.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #614 on: July 03, 2018, 06:32:29 PM »
Got L.Ephraim, B.Ike, Dupe Myrrh and a Dupe V.Lyn from the legendary banner. That's literally all I wanted + another Lyn, aside from maybe even more Myrrhs.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #615 on: July 05, 2018, 03:33:07 AM »
Ugh, whole legendary banner literally completely flopped. Out of more than 30 pulls (most of which were singular pulls at the full five stones because I saw VERY few colorless or green characters, which were the colors I was hunting for) I kept zero things. Not even any good skill fodder or extra Camillas or Berukas or anything. Just nothing but Matthews and Titanias with my pity rate unbroken by the end of the banner. I don't know what it is about legendary banners, but they almost always go horribly for me. That's more than balanced out by my luck on other banners which is usually great, but goddamn.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #616 on: July 05, 2018, 09:13:27 PM »
I got Elise right at the tailend of the banner. Today I realized the banner ended and I didn't get that final pulled I planned to do, so instead I tried the Hector & Matthew banner and got a free Hector. Kay, noooot gonna complain about that. I also got Summer Tana on the very next summon so things went better than expected today. I hope this makes you feel better

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #617 on: July 05, 2018, 10:14:41 PM »
I got a free Hector off of the Hector and Matthew banner. There's that luck on everything else. Definitely nice to have around.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #618 on: July 06, 2018, 10:52:18 PM »
I have a Soren build but I really wasn't feeling him, so I decided to make a Setsuna instead. Kind of anachronistic yeah, but I like her and I was able to get her a Hama Ya and Chill Spd for some kind of support build.
Hama Ya and Drive Def + Res would be +5 to bulk, but I've set her up with double Drive Atk to help my FCorrin and Palla out, they both have low atk. Palla still needed some way to ohko Nino and more atk on FCorrin is always a good thing. With double Drive Atk, she has an effective 63 atk for Heavy Blade calculations in ideal situations.
We'll see how I feel about her in a week or so. I like her, so I hope she stays.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #619 on: July 06, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
I'm a huge fan of support builds with New Years weapons. My New Years Camilla runs Kadomatsu with Ward Fliers and it's an absolute lifesaver.

If I were to try to run that kind of build outside of Flier Emblem it would probably be on a unit with Def Tactic and Res Tactic. Can your team support Tactics? Atk Tactic and Res Tactic on Setsuna might be pretty spicy.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #620 on: July 07, 2018, 06:33:26 AM »
Running a Tactic skill on Setsuna seems a bit wasteful. If she has to stay within 2 tiles of an ally to get Hama Ya's Drive effect off, the Tactic slot is sort of 'wasted' there since the benefit of the Tactic skill is that you don't need to be around your ally for the entire turn. Running Drive skills sounds better for her. You end up needing to be near them anyway to get the Tactic buff up on the next turn too, but... hmm, well Setsuna herself has low attack and would like to get in on some atk buffs so I probably wouldn't put it on her anyway.

But yeah, I've been disregarding Tactic skills since it's kind of awkward when combining it with Light Breath, which I usually use. I can try it out though on Palla and see how it works out. It means I can swap out Odd Atk Wave on FCorrin for something else, though I don't know what. I tried Res Smoke but it doesn't seem to be as effective as I'd like.

edit: Atk Tactics is working pretty fantastically actually, gives FCorrin some much needed initiation power and Setsuna lots more power. Just have to make sure that my bonus unit is anything but an infantry. I was meaning to fill Palla's C slot with Infantry Rush if I managed to get it (after I'd been chucking all my orbs at it) but now I have no space for it anywhere. I guess I can stop pulling on that banner and, I don't know, save up or something. Every skill slot in my core trio is filled so I don't think I have to pull for any rare skill fodder for a while. We'll see.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:15:19 AM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #621 on: July 08, 2018, 11:04:21 PM »
Palla can't equip Infantry Rush. Unfortunately no type-boosting skills can be equipped by anything that isn't of their type, which is one of the historical problems with mixed teams. I double checked, Infantry Rush doesn't break that trend as far as I can tell.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #622 on: July 09, 2018, 02:15:12 AM »
Aw what, I guess I wasted all those orbs then. Oh well, at least I got a Def Feint out of it.

New summer trailer is out, new dagger, bow, and blue tomes with built in Desperation. Thank God Tiki's Breath Breath isn't inheritable. Also Camilla emblem is complete, with a very good color to boot, blue.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #623 on: July 09, 2018, 02:19:46 AM »
What?! Where?! I had my fingers very very crossed for this, I want to see! Now I super regret wasting all of those orbs on the Legendary Hector banner that paid out absolutely nothing, but I will drop money for this if I have to.  :D

Edit: Found it! And she has Hone Fliers built in! Looks hella rad. Wtb like a bunch of them. <3
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 02:38:08 AM by commandercool »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #624 on: July 09, 2018, 04:18:55 AM »
Yay summer Takumi and Camilla! But l don't have any money to get orbs though... </3
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #625 on: July 09, 2018, 04:55:30 AM »
Ok wow these tactics challenges, I am like actually legitimately stuck, currently on grandmaster 3. I'm going to have to come back to these because I'm getting frustrated. These maps are very, very finely tuned.
Of the ones I've played so far, that Escape Route map was actually really fun to figure out. Some of these are really counter intuitive though.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #626 on: July 09, 2018, 10:15:07 AM »
Happy for you ccoolbro.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #627 on: July 10, 2018, 08:48:04 AM »

Fourth try. She wanted to come home! Also got a bonus 5* Sanaki in there because sure.

IVs are pretty bad (-SPD, +DEF), but I'll be hunting for more copies regardless... Brb gonna buy some orbs, as is traditional as an offering to Intelligent Systems when they make me a new one.

Edit: Purchased orbs netted me a second copy with the opposite nature (-DEF, +SPD) which is obviously much better, and some nice padding to my pity rate. Now to collect the orbs for the new paralogue chapter and see how many of these I can round up over the next month!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:00:46 AM by commandercool »

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #628 on: July 10, 2018, 09:48:38 AM »
Sorta off-topic, but FE related.
Reading "Mozu in Conquest is WORTHLESS" flamewars never gets old.
Also i am slowly approaching Lunatic Conquest Hell aka Ch 25+ and is on Hinoka currently.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #629 on: July 10, 2018, 11:50:30 AM »
I admittedly did find Mozu somewhat less useful on Lunatic because finding safe places to level her was so tricky, but she still had a strong niche. I promoted her very early for chapter 10 and she rocked that chapter and then was kind of permanently underpowered after that point because of the early promotion, but I needed a boost of power from somewhere and being that boost was totally valuable and important even if it came at a cost.

Dang, why don't we have Mozu in Heroes yet? Mozu plz IS!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:52:09 AM by commandercool »