Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199810 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - demotions for everyone
« Reply #540 on: May 24, 2018, 05:58:42 PM »
My FCorrin isn't heavily invested and will never be Summoner Supported, so she just doesn't hit that hard. She needs the defense drop from Aether to be healing a significant amount at this point.

I've definitely considered cannibalizing an Ike to give her Steady Breath or Warding Breath (probably the former) but I kind of want Distant Counter on her and don't want Lightning Breath, so I haven't done it.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #541 on: May 24, 2018, 06:20:24 PM »
I uh
forgot Infantry Pulse only works if your HP is higher than the other units.

My Lene may or may not have it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #542 on: May 24, 2018, 06:25:45 PM »
Crank up her HP then! I guess!

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #543 on: May 24, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »
Crank up her HP then! I guess!
Solid advice, thanks

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #544 on: May 24, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »
Double HP+ 3 and a weapon with an HP refine should get her above most stuff unless she has shockingly low starting HP. Whether or not that's worth doing is admittedly debatable...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #545 on: May 24, 2018, 07:14:56 PM »
Double HP+ 3 and a weapon with an HP refine should get her above most stuff unless she has shockingly low starting HP. Whether or not that's worth doing is admittedly debatable...
Well I mean with her refined Safeguard sword she has 41 HP right now. That's higher than Mia, Micaiah, Julia, healer Lyn, Mae, Tailtiu, Delthea, Nino, Marth, and most dancers.
On the other hand I don't think she's helping FAE anytime soon.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:16:27 PM by BT »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #546 on: May 24, 2018, 07:17:21 PM »
Yeah 41 is actually pretty good. I did not realize Safeguard could be refined, that's nice.

Now time to get a 42 HP Infantry Pulse user and a 43 HP Infantry Pulse user...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #547 on: May 24, 2018, 07:24:28 PM »
Yeah 41 is actually pretty good. I did not realize Safeguard could be refined, that's nice.

Now time to get a 42 HP Infantry Pulse user and a 43 HP Infantry Pulse user...

Haha... About that.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #548 on: May 25, 2018, 02:46:42 AM »
iirc we got the first easter banner back when the easter gauntlet ran
I expect a bridal gauntlet (ft. Marth) when we'll get the first banner rerun

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #549 on: May 26, 2018, 07:14:57 AM »
iirc we got the first easter banner back when the easter gauntlet ran
I expect a bridal gauntlet (ft. Marth) when we'll get the first banner rerun

*24 hours later*

YYYYYESSSSSSSS

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #550 on: May 26, 2018, 11:29:07 PM »

So I was finally able to get a Bride Sanaki from the daily orbs handouts, I am at 0 orbs. I was on the fence about the Link Wave build before inheriting them, but in use I find it verrry useful.

It turns FCorrin into a powerful team unit, able to both debuff enemies (Dark Breath -7atk/-7spd) and buff allies (Link Wave +6atk/+6def/+6res). I mean look at those numbers, Link Wave alone is like 1.5 of an emblem buffer on one unit, I can see like an Eirika greatly envy these skills. With Dark Breath, that's a virtual net bonus of +13 to all atk/def/res (only +6 atk in terms of actual offensive power, but the virtual bonus is useful for skills like Heavy Blade).

Is it better than my previous Light Breath + Atk Smoke build? There are two things going for Dark Breath Link Wave over this, pre-combat buffing and that it's +13 bulk as opposed to +12, slightly higher. The former especially is great, but I think the previous build has its own strengths in having a free B slot to be able to run either Guard, Wrath, or even Link Def/Res too. And Light Breath is more often more useful than Dark Breath. I think these two traits allow it to be on par with or at least fall not too far behind the Link Wave build.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #551 on: May 29, 2018, 02:52:58 AM »
Does anyone use Owl tomes? I pulled Bride Tharja earlier (that outfit...) and the flower tomes feel super powerful in a way that Owl never did to me. On paper there's a reasonably fair tradeoff, Owl buffs defense stats as well as offense in exchange for being much harsher to activate, but in practice Owl is so hard to use that the flower spells come way way out on top. At least for me after having experimented with both fairly casually.

On a related-unrelated note, Bride Tharja is another recent unit whose voice acting feels like an A+. I feel like the voice cast has been hitting it out of the park lately.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #552 on: May 29, 2018, 03:26:17 AM »
That legendary Ryoma! ♡
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #553 on: May 29, 2018, 05:05:59 AM »
Huh, I hadn't seen that before now. Bushido is pretty nuts. Access to that as a fairly common inherit would be really nice for shaking up the variety in B skills. And would honestly probably be pretty obnoxious, which might lead to an interesting proliferation in Guard usage as well.

I like how Legendary Ryoma gets trounced by normal Xander in his own intro video. The devs know what's up.  :D

His banner is kinda disappointing for me, really had my fingers crossed for New Year Camilla, but I'd be happy to get my hands on Gunnthra and Fjorm merges so I'll still probably do pulls on it.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #554 on: May 29, 2018, 05:24:33 AM »
I hope Bushido is inheritable, but I feel like it wouldn't be because otherwise Legendary Ryoma would have zero exclusive skills, which would be odd. And unprecedented.
Banner is a skip for me. Also people pointed out that YTiki's attack animation in the trailer looked different than her default Flametongue and are expecting some kind of refine for her soon, if anyone was interested in that.

edit: to make further comments on the Def/Res Link skill, I have this to say, it's a godly skill. An on-demand emblemy buff (Fortify-y, in this case) that activates when Repositioning your units into place or retreating behind your tank. It's some seriously good stuff. You do have to be careful to not overextend too much so that the unit with it is out of reach and with a dead B-skill the following turn (ie: don't be dumb). Far outclasses the Chill skills in the players hands imo, if competing for one B slot.
Odd Attack Wave is alright. Does what it needs to, nothing more, nothing less, nothing revolutionary in any case.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:57:51 AM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #555 on: May 29, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »
So it looks like Tiki is confirmed to be getting a personal refine, Fog Breath.

Meanwhile the next update will contain one of the most important additions we've seen in a long time... COSMETIC ACCESSORIES! It looks like they'll be event prizes and will be visible to other players. Not only is that adorable, but it's also very useful speaking as someone who uses a lot of duplicate characters that are hard to tell apart.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #556 on: May 29, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »
Does anyone use Owl tomes?

I use it on my LA!Lyn and it hasn't disappointed me because Armor Emblem tends to stick together.

I am really only excited about Tiki on the legendary banner because I had been wanting her since the beginning and never got her so this might be my chance granted Sigurd and Ryoma don't want to be a pain. She's likely also going to be on the next New Power banner, so my chances of getting her soon might be good either way.

I hope Bushido is inheritable, but I feel like it wouldn't be because otherwise Legendary Ryoma would have zero exclusive skills, which would be odd.

It's not inheritable. White circles around skill symbols indicate they are exclusive to the unit.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 02:08:26 PM by 7TC7 »
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #557 on: May 29, 2018, 03:29:28 PM »
Oh no, hats.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #558 on: May 29, 2018, 03:43:32 PM »
Yaaaaaaay chief hat Ryoma here I come.~
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #559 on: May 29, 2018, 03:45:06 PM »
Owl on the head owl on the head owl on the head!

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #560 on: May 29, 2018, 07:58:26 PM »
Owl on the Julia please!!

As for the legends banner, it looks awesome actually, it's too bad all my orbs want to go @ Sheeda, nothing to do really.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #561 on: May 30, 2018, 12:48:34 AM »
I was hoping for more Def/Res Link fodder and got another Snack, but I don't have a second team I'm working on and I only dedicate expensive resources to my main units so I'm keeping her, I guess. Now I have a flying mage for every color!

Maybe I should work on another pair, but I don't know who. It annoys me that arena viability influences my thoughts so much, which is why I have hesitation towards picking a mage. Oh, hmm, maybe I can finally start my Beruka/Florina power couple...? Although that means my extra VIkes still lay rotting...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #562 on: May 30, 2018, 02:53:46 AM »
What's your idea for Florina and Beruka? I have a fairly heavily invested Beruka and she's pretty fun to use.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #563 on: May 30, 2018, 04:08:03 AM »
No idea. I'm wanting to build them because they have the highest def and res (tied) among fliers and I think they would be an interesting pair to put together character-wise. I already gave Florina a Berkut's Lance but then that would require DC to really capitalize on and then both of them would be very enemy phase which could get really boring. There's probably a more daring build out there I'd have to put some time into thinking about. Something fun.

What's your build?

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #564 on: May 30, 2018, 12:40:15 PM »

Arguably more trouble than it's worth and I wouldn't want to use it all the time, but I started slowly building this after something similar singlehandedly wiped my team once in the arena.

Truly the ultimate assassin, with an attack stat to rival that of an unarmed child.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:41:51 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #565 on: May 30, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »
Yeah, speaking of assassin, I could consider giving her like Poison Strike 6 + Savage blow or something but that doesn't work as well with a melee unit, let alone a slow melee unit. The only interesting axe to speak of is Legion's Axe which is situational but potentially funny. Swords have Safeguard and lances get Berkut's Lance but axes don't have anything like that (yet?). Florina's stats actually all look pretty promising, any one of them can be easily accentuated, so maybe I'll start with her and then figure Beruka out to complement her.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #566 on: May 30, 2018, 02:42:59 PM »
A full-on Ward Fliers-stacking flying bulk team might be fun. That's basically the core of my arena teams with Kadomatsu/Ward Fliers New Year Camilla and Fortify Fliers Camilla Prime, and it's pretty goddamn sturdy with just those two. Throwing two more bulky fliers with Ward in there might be legit good.

Edit: Is Ryoma Infernal the hardest map ever? It's definitely up there. Took me a million tries and several different tactics to beat. Just the way I likes it!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:56:39 PM by commandercool »

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #567 on: May 31, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »
granted Sigurd and Ryoma don't want to be a pain

In 130ish orbs I only got a Sigurd so far. Any ideas for a unit that would like Close Defense, or is it better to just merge him?

Ryoma Infernal was pretty easy for my Dragons. Myrrh and Nowi tanked all of it with Ninan's Fortify and A!Tiki distracting some people down the right lane, so that the center didn't get too crowded.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #568 on: May 31, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »
Close Defense is so much better as a seal, but good candidates for it would be non-dc enemy phase oriented horse or flier units.
Spd Smoke isn't bad to fodder for either, useful on mix phase tanks with middling speed or on double smokers (Spd + Atk Smoke seal).

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #569 on: June 01, 2018, 02:07:00 AM »
Alright, well, I just spent a million billion arena crests rerolling the arena and got the second highest score possible for me (3,618, although I could conceivably get a 3,620) and it's not even close to being enough. Does anyone know what the arena threshold right now is?