Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 203487 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - now with rhythm games
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2018, 12:53:55 PM »
Decided to do the Corrin/Azura battle on Lunatic first to get a lay of the land and I was like "Wow, that was actually pretty tricky, I don't know how I'm going to handle Infernal" and then I realized I had misclicked and done Infernal first after all...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2018, 12:56:39 PM »
Decided to do the Corrin/Azura battle on Lunatic first to get a lay of the land and I was like "Wow, that was actually pretty tricky, I don't know how I'm going to handle Infernal" and then I realized I had misclicked and done Infernal first after all...
It was pretty tricky! I'm not sure how I would've handled Dragon Fang Corrin if I hadn't had X-mas Robin.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2018, 10:48:39 PM »
Remember when arena used to be Tiki hell? I think we're back. I just saw four Tikis in five matches. Although I'll admit I wasn't paying enough attention to notice whether it was a mix of the two different kinds.

Edit: Woah, arena is crazy competitive right now. I'm in tier 19 and it took me *forever* to get seven wins, I got what would typically be a very high score for me, and I'm not even in the ballpark of ranking up. I guess this time around is strictly Legendary Ike only.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:17:13 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2018, 08:44:45 PM »
Me too, arena seems to have waaay inflated this year. I can't even get into T20, I've been stuck in 18.5 now for the past few arena seasons.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2018, 09:24:39 PM »
This was actually my first time getting into tier 20 last season. Of course now I'm not even close to staying in. :3

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2018, 10:12:38 PM »
Me too, arena seems to have waaay inflated this year. I can't even get into T20, I've been stuck in 18.5 now for the past few arena seasons.

It's been a few months since I dropped down to 18 but I'll be down there after today. Legendary heroes definitely cause a lot of problems in Arena. Might have to devote more resources to chasing them after all...

This was actually my first time getting into tier 20 last season. Of course now I'm not even close to staying in. :3

Wow yeah, that's a pretty high score. That's a solid 40 higher than my all-time record I'm pretty sure.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2018, 11:09:11 PM »
Getting into T20 requires a good number of merges at this point. I went ahead and made a +5 Masked Marth and she's been carrying my team score.
Staying in T20 probably requires a fully merged team. I do wonder if we'll ever get an expansion of the higher arena tiers - the competition is just going to get even more fierce.
As for legendaries, at least we're almost guaranteed to get a free Ike for Earth season and Fjorm covers water. And the difference in rewards between tiers is just extra feathers so there's not really a huge incentive to get legendaries yet.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2018, 04:13:19 AM »
I wouldn't be super sure about that. WTharja seems to be getting a bigger push. Limited seasonal, armor-mage vs red DC sword, and it makes sense. I would gladly take her for those ghb quests. Then again, Ike, so who knows.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2018, 08:45:13 AM »
I wouldn't be super sure about that. WTharja seems to be getting a bigger push. Limited seasonal, armor-mage vs red DC sword, and it makes sense. I would gladly take her for those ghb quests. Then again, Ike, so who knows.

I would suggest Ike to make those blessings live, but I have to say that Tharja on her own lets me use armor emblem. She does 90% of the work. Getting Hector was pretty useful too. Made life a lot easier.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »
See, the thing about everyone getting a Legendary is that no one gets to benefit from it in that season. The arena score creep we've been seeing probably owes some part of that to the people that make use of the new Legendaries, and there's an argument for leveling the field so that everyone has access to the new feature (blessings), but if everyone gets it then it doesn't really help anyone. Don't know what to suggest, but at least they're making another mode using blessings I guess.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #280 on: February 21, 2018, 02:20:54 PM »
Well, looks like everyone still chasing Takumi will be getting one soon
Spoiler:
as long as you don't mind him being a zombie.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #281 on: February 21, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »
Well, looks like everyone still chasing Takumi will be getting one soon
Spoiler:
as long as you don't mind him being a zombie.
Don't worry I have the holy water and oil
Spoiler:
and fire
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #282 on: February 21, 2018, 02:54:02 PM »
I wonder if they'll carry over his mechanics from that stage in Conquest and give him some kind of super-Brave Bow that also works on enemy phase or something?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #283 on: February 21, 2018, 03:53:19 PM »
I wonder if they'll carry over his mechanics from that stage in Conquest and give him some kind of super-Brave Bow that also works on enemy phase or something?
Oh god no... please don't don't nooooo!!! Already have PTSD from that fight.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #284 on: February 21, 2018, 06:41:43 PM »
Is there a glitch or unintuitive interaction with the combat forecast for Desperation versus Vantage? I could be completely wrong and maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention l, but I swear I've had the forecast show me winning fights with my Desperation Tharja, but when I attack I instantly die to Vantage that I assume isn't present because normally I would expect thw forecast to show a loss in that case.

Am I just wrong? Has anyone else noticed this? Is this consistent behavior with Vantage across the board?

Conqueror

« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2018, 07:46:21 PM »
As far I as understand, Desperation guarantees that any followup attacks will occur immediately after your initial attack. However, it doesn't guarantee that your initial attack will happen first, so Vantage takes precedence due to its condition.
In other words, never let anyone get into Vantage range or the only way you can counter them is Hardy Bearing or just tank the hit.
Edit: I don't know why your forecast is inaccurate. It's always been correct for me, to the point where I get lazy and just check the forecast instead of checking for weird skill interactions.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:49:18 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #286 on: February 21, 2018, 08:05:27 PM »
Yeah Vantage should beat Desperation, it's just the forecast that's theoretically the issue. Again I could just be wrong, but this has happened to me like three times in the last week so I'm beginning to suspect it might be a weird interaction and not just me being dumb.

Conqueror

« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2018, 09:34:54 PM »
Maybe screenshot it the next time it happens? Although you theoretically don't know until after you've died, maybe if you look closely at the enemy skillset then what's happening will become clearer.

Edit: Actually, maybe it's this. If your forecast was showing a win for you, then vantage wasn't active for the enemy before combat. However, it became active before your Tharja actually fought. So somehow the enemy was pushed into vantage range - aka they lost HP somehow. Maybe savage blow chip damage (from camilla if you run that on her?) or fury damage or some other attrition damage is doing the trick here?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:37:59 PM by Conqueror »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:38 PM »
I have Blazing Wind or something on Tharja so it's definitely possible that's the issue. I don't think it was active last time I had this issue come up but that's something I easily could have overlooked. It's such a simple explanation that it almost has to be the answer.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #289 on: February 22, 2018, 02:47:19 AM »
Well I finally beat awakening. The one word I would use to describe the entire latter half of the game is this: Galeforce. It completely invalidates any difficulty once you unlock it and pass it onto your children. The only strategy I needed was to have Inigo charge down one flank and Severa the other, both with Galeforce, and watch as enemies broke themselves upon them, either missing entirely or doing next to no damage. I had a couple other users of it too, Maribelle, Brady, Lucina. Maribelle especially I was surprised by, she stayed relevant throughout the game. Hell I wouldn't have been able to OTK Grima without her doing the most damage between her, Inigo, and Severa with a Valflame I picked up somewhere. She's the only parent generation unit that was still relevant in my playthrough. "Relevant" sells her too short though, she carried hard, as hard as the above two.

I'm a big fan of the reunion feels trip that the children have with their parents, tears me up a lot it does, Inigo's especially. Which is why it annoys me that the Awakening trio would throw their kids into the deeprealm in Fates, it feels completely out of character. I think the story would have been a little better if the entirety of it revolved around trying to prevent the future apocalypse instead of fighting random wars until the last 2 or 3 chapters. They also could have handled Lucina's reveal with Chrom a little more... deftly. I was surprised they made no big deal out of it.

Last thing to mention would be the map design. Pretty boring, honestly. Feels very GBA era with how simple and uncomplicated the designs are -- enemies rush you, then you go kill the boss. I have to wonder how the map designs compare to the Tellius series, since that came before this. Really brings out the shine of Conquest's design.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #290 on: February 22, 2018, 07:12:47 AM »
Grima came to visit on a free pull.  A nice surprise.  A shame about being +SPD/-DEF, but...

Even with neutral he hits like 56 attack.  Bonkers.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #291 on: February 22, 2018, 12:28:58 PM »
On one hand I kind of want that Robin and am considering delving into my Scrooge Mcduck mountain of orbs for him, but on the other hand he's not Camilla and my free pull was fucking Gunter which made me think twice.

Edible

« Reply #292 on: February 22, 2018, 01:28:22 PM »
Hey, free Hone Cavalry :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #293 on: February 22, 2018, 04:59:40 PM »
Alright, decided to go for Fell Robin and had a big drawn out post breaking down my pulls, but of course my phone ate it. Summary, took 59 stones which is very reasonable, but everything else I pulled was hot garbage with an incredibly low rate of green units appearing.

I can't tell what mine is nature-wise at this point, he seems to be both - ATK and - RES while being + nothing, which can't be right.

Meanwhile, does 4* Camilla exist anymore? Can anyone confirm that she's still around? I haven't pulled one in around a year and I do a TON of green pulls.

Edible

« Reply #294 on: February 22, 2018, 05:12:16 PM »
Pretty sure I pulled one last week.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #295 on: February 22, 2018, 06:35:19 PM »
Fair enough, I'm probably just getting unlucky.

So if I'm getting the lore right on Fell Robin, does he not know there's a big 'ol monsterface dragon behind him..? His dialogue implies that he can't remember that he's actually Grima, but his combat lines seem to contradict that.

Edit: Looks like mine is +ATK/-RES, which has to be one of the better natures I would think. - SPD is probably better, but still very solid and results in a ludicrous 60 attack.

Edit edit: Fingers crossed that Laegjarn is the fire legendary hero. A wise and reassuring big sister type who rides a dragon? Wtb!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:40:29 PM by commandercool »

Conqueror

« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2018, 08:00:19 PM »
Seems like she could be a Camus as well, so I could see her becoming a legendary hero after getting executed for being a traitor.
Also, I got overconfident and decided to try using orbs on the banner since I figured I would get at least one with ~250 orbs. I walked away with 1 orb left and a 5* Abel. Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can beat the RNG.  :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2018, 08:07:13 PM »
Oof. Savage. Did you at least get some nice non-dupe 4*s or something..?

My guess is that Surtr will push Laevetein so far that she ends up immolating herself and Laegjarn will turn on him as a result. But betraying him first and having Laevetein blame it on the Heroes and going berserk as a result of that makes sense too.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »
So if I'm getting the lore right on Fell Robin, does he not know there's a big 'ol monsterface dragon behind him..? His dialogue implies that he can't remember that he's actually Grima, but his combat lines seem to contradict that.

I think he knows.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2018, 08:39:23 PM »
When he talks about how he can't remember certain things what is he referring to?

Forgot where he put his dang keys again, didn't he? Dummy.