Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199942 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - now with rhythm games
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2018, 12:45:23 PM »
My phone picked a nice time to die earlier today while I wasn't looking. Caught the boot loop plague. Resuscitation operations aren't working (blow drying the chip, sticking it in the freezer) so I think it's in phone heaven. Time to get a new one then. Don't buy LG phones, I guess.

Could've been worse, could've been during GHB dailys.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2018, 12:49:19 PM »
My phone picked a nice time to die earlier today while I wasn't looking. Caught the boot loop plague. Resuscitation operations aren't working (blow drying the chip, sticking it in the freezer) so I think it's in phone heaven. Time to get a new one then. Don't buy LG phones, I guess.

Could've been worse, could've been during GHB dailys.

Oh nice, that happened to my G4 a little over a year ago.  I'm on my fourth LG in 5 or so years and something always seems to happen to them, even though they're great otherwise.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2018, 01:17:22 PM »
Oh nice, that happened to my G4 a little over a year ago.  I'm on my fourth LG in 5 or so years and something always seems to happen to them, even though they're great otherwise.
so the internet wasn't lying, I'm using was using an LG G4 too!
this was only my second smartphone so my experience is rather limited, but the G4 was a great phone to use, my user experience was really nice. Having no face buttons and everything touch based felt natural and quick, having access to the torch and camera in the small circle window thing is convenient, altogether a wonderful experience. But if LG phones are prone to malfunctioning like this (I think my first smartphone that died was an LG too now that I think about it), I can't support this.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Infernal Valter is still as Infernal Valter-y as ever. Anyone got a good strategy?

The best I can say is "have a mobile archer and be aggressive about taking reinforcements out". It took me quite a while to crack when it came out and I don't remember my strategy exactly, but I know it used a combination of Escape Route Bride Cordelia with a Brave Bow and a Wings Of Mercy dancer to ping-pong around the map one-shotting guys from safe places.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2018, 07:50:45 PM »
The best I can say is "have a mobile archer and be aggressive about taking reinforcements out". It took me quite a while to crack when it came out and I don't remember my strategy exactly, but I know it used a combination of Escape Route Bride Cordelia with a Brave Bow and a Wings Of Mercy dancer to ping-pong around the map one-shotting guys from safe places.

It sounds dumb, but my advice is get people who can kill stuff in one round and position well. I used Xander/Reinhardt/Double Dancers, but Brave Lyn works well too. Horse are great with the open field, but infantry brave bows, can probably work too.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2018, 11:17:47 PM »
Infernal Valter is still as Infernal Valter-y as ever. Anyone got a good strategy?
Brave Lyn didn't exist when the Valter map was first released so she might be useful for infernal this time around. Same for any of the newer units, many of which are quite strong. Granted, I only touched lunatic this time.
Dancers are also invaluable so you can aggressively go for the kill on your turn instead of getting swarmed on theirs.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2018, 11:56:04 PM »
New Year Azura trivializes this one as well. I'm beginning to suspect she might be OP. :derp: I guess I should probably start using her in arena.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2018, 04:45:07 PM »
I think the "Manakete Squad" dev map on lunatic with the quest to have all four units survive may be the actual most difficult thing I've ever seen in this game. It took me like three full stamina bars to figure out.

Meanwhile, still fishing for Azura inherits on the Legendary Ike banner and I'm seeing a single green character in every 15 pulls or so. And it's always Gunter. I think I'm up to something like six Gunters out of my last nine pulls...

Conqueror

« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2018, 10:01:53 AM »
According to FEH JP twitter, Legendary Ike is in the lead for voting. Safe to say that he'll be the free unit.
Was there an ETA on when the new weapon refines would be coming out?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2018, 03:39:40 PM »
Alriiiight, manged to get ahold of two GAzuras for merging before the Legendary Ike banner ended. Kind of would have liked a Gunthra to make Big Sister Emblem, but Azuras are probably more important in the long run. I've had a lot of luck getting a 5* at the last possible moment lately so my banner rates don't go to waste...

I'd be happy enough with Legendary Ike as the free character I guess.

Not sure when the new refinements go into effect, but Thursday is a big update so maybe then?

Edible

« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2018, 03:49:12 PM »
The legendary banner (via all the recent free orbs) netted me a Sanaki, a Legendary Ike, and an Axezura.  Re: the latter, I do wonder what to do with the latter since I also got NYAzura, who seems to serve a similar purpose with a better movement option.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2018, 04:38:42 PM »
NYAzura is great, no doubt about it, but she's a bit niche. I don't think the flying movement is worth it over the amazing special weapon on GAzura outside of a Flier Emblem team. But then again I don't value Guidance very highly and I know some people do, so your mileage may vary.

Just try her on some random teams and I think you'll be shocked by how powerful she is. I think there's a strong argument to be made that she's the best unit in the game.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2018, 07:45:02 PM »
Got two Myrrhs and a Dorcas out of the Sacred Stones banner and didn't really touch any of the other banners flying around right now. I might get some last minute things from the Hero Fest, or I'll just save up a little again, but I am quite happy where I stand.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Conqueror

« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2018, 08:59:46 PM »
Thought commandercool might enjoy this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky_UeUUyrG0

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2018, 09:29:46 PM »

That Cam is true beef. I am jealous.

Given the sheer number of green pulls I've done over time you'd think I'd be close to that, since she's available as a 4* and all, but mine is still just +2. And has been for like six months.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »
I summoned like 50 orbs on the *4 banner and got One Fae. Standing at +6.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2018, 07:50:26 PM »
Finally got around to training up that 5* Soleil I pulled a few weeks ago and she is monstrous. She's +ATK/-HP, and with the Heavy Blade seal she just shreds through guys. I'm generally inclined to just throw Drag Back on just about every melee unit, but it's especially great on her.

She has the default Blazing Wind right now but I wonder if Moonbow or maybe Galeforce with an Infantry Pulse ally might be even better. At any rate, Soleil definitely feels like she has crazy potential.

Conqueror

« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2018, 12:30:55 AM »
Update with new weapons and weapon refines just dropped. Valentine's banner looks to be Hector, Lyn, Eliwood, Roy, Lilina.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2018, 12:51:40 AM »
oh man that Felicia upgrade. Dragon breath effect on everybody plus special charge against mages, hoo boy. If Chirei were still playing he'd be sweating bullets.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2018, 01:25:17 AM »
Update with new weapons and weapon refines just dropped. Valentine's banner looks to be Hector, Lyn, Eliwood, Roy, Lilina.

it's a god damn valentine's day miracle!

Edible

« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2018, 01:52:10 AM »
Quote from: Stolen from reddit
Caeda:

Wing Sword: 16 Might, 1 Range, Effective against cavalry and armored foes.

Refines:

Effective against cavalry and armored foes. If unit?s Spd - foe?s Spd ≥ 1, unit gains Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (If using other similar skill, only highest value applied.)
18 Might, Rng 1, HP +5
16 Might, Rng 1, HP +5, Spd +3
16 Might, Rng 1, HP +5, Def +4
16 Might, Rng 1, HP +5, Res +4
Hinoka:

Hinoka's Spear: 16 Might, 1 Range, Grants Atk/Spd +4 during combat if infantry or flying ally is within 2 spaces of unit.

Refines:

Grants Atk/Spd +4 during combat if infantry or flying ally is within 2 spaces of unit. Infantry and flying allies within 2 spaces can move to a space adjacent to unit.
18 Might, Rng 1, HP +5
Raven:

Basilikos: 16 Might, 1 Range, Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1).

Refines:

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1). Grants Atk/Spd+5. Inflicts Def/Res-5.
18 Might, Rng 1, HP +5
Felicia:

Felicia's Plate: 14 Might, 2 Range, After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions. Damage calculated using the lower of foe's Def or Res. Refines:

After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions. Damage calculated using the lower of foe's Def or Res. Grants Special Cooldown charge +1 if foe uses magic. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)
15 Might, Rng 1, HP +2
14 Might, Rng 1, HP +2, Spd +2
14 Might, Rng 1, HP +2, Def +3
14 Might, Rng 1, HP +2, Res +3
Zephiel:

Eckesachs:

Inflicts Def -6 on foes (excluding dragons) within 2 spaces at the start of each turn, through their next actions. If unit is attacked by foe using bow, daggers, magic, or staff, unit receives Def/Res+6 during combat.
18 Might, Rng 1, HP +5
Marth:

Falchion refines:

Effective against dragon foes. Restores HP at the start of every second turn. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 to allies within 2 spaces during combat.
18 Might, Rng 1, HP +5
Alm:

Falchion refines:

Effective against dragon foes. Restores HP at the start of every second turn. If unit's HP = 100% at start of combat and unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice then takes 5 damage after combat.
18 Might, Rng 1, HP +5
Chrom, Lucina, and Masked Marth:

Falchion refines:

Effective against dragon foes. Restores HP at the start of every second turn. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat if unit is adjacent to an ally.
18 Might, Rng 1, HP +5

Holy fuck

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2018, 02:19:56 AM »
These are all absolutely insaneballs. Incredibly effects AND huge stat boosts seem like a bit much? I appreciate that they're making underused units viable, but goddamn. Curious to see how this effects the meta, anyway.

Edible

« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2018, 03:12:53 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzG0VJqYoLA

lmfao hector is a fucking monster again

Unfortunately I will be rolling blue for that sweet sweet armor mage lyn

Conqueror

« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2018, 03:51:45 AM »
So to go with the 7 GHBs now on permanent(?) rotation we have a year to complete new GHB quests for them which are basically clear X Infernal with all Infantry/Armored/Flying/Cavalry units. That's going to be a massive pain.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2018, 04:21:57 AM »
Oof, that sounds like a nightmare (except for the flier part since that's almost always what I do anyway). Are the rewards good?

Conqueror

« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2018, 05:07:13 AM »
Looks like just orbs and 1 blessing, so it's more a completionist thing I guess.

I wonder what that means for getting more copies of those GHB units beyond the ones we already have.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2018, 07:30:55 PM »
When I pulled Soleil I was like "Another infantry sword, boring" and after playing her like at all I immediately invested 60k feathers in her and she's terrifying.

Edible

« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2018, 07:31:10 PM »
I'm gonna be sad if I can't get More Xanders.

In other news, Hinoka Spear get.  Probably not better by itself than her Brave Spear+, but since I don't have any other means of guidance at the moment, once it's upgraded it'll be quite nice on flier emblem.

Edit: And since I had a bunch of 4* Caedas, I splurged a bit on feathers and set her to 5*+2.  Having an anti-armor/cav unit never hurt.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:48:18 PM by Edible »

Conqueror

« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2018, 08:06:51 AM »
Oh, looks like the Elite quests give you one free GHB unit for each (enjoy defeating Xander with an all armored team though lmao).
Rhythm mode is cute. I wish they had a leaderboard so you could show off your S ranks to your friend though.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #239 on: February 09, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »
A bit more on Conquest Lunatic.
Chapter 11 was easy, but soulcrushing at the same time, because pretty much everyone (save for Mozu and Jakob) decided to suddenly level up, sometimes twice, only 1 (usually irrelevant) stat.
Chapter 12 was kinda the usual.
Chapter 13 was amazing. Exploiting Takumi and his doods' AI, so he can't attack you when you bait his group is fun. Reina ate Hunter's Knife x2 from Jakob on her bait and died. Orochi was shot by Niles. Elise, the little pyromanic she is, burned Scarlet to death.
Oh, ya. Haitaka is amazing. Rally Def makes things so much easier it sometimes feels unfair, but then again, it's Lunatic so i'm fine with it.
Chapter 14 captured Kumagera for some potential future abuze, mainly Ninja Cave, i guess.
Aaaand now for something completely different. Just finished Chapter 15. My Corrin has 15 str as 20/1 Nohr Noble. That's kinda... soul crushing.
While at the same time Niles somehow capped (17) his pre-promoted str at level 18.
Master Ninja Jakob is hilarious, tho. 2 more levels and he'll learn Shurikenfaire. And he can pretty much one shot anything i point him at as is...

Edit: I decided to see what average stats for +spd/-def for 1 Nohr Noble look like and compared them to my Corrin. That's ugh... Something.

Average: HP 31.4, Str 19.4, Mag 14.6, Skl 17.45, Spd 23.3, Lck 15.45, Def 12.65, Res 10.75.
Corrin:   HP 30    Str 15   Mag  13    Skl, 18      Spd 22    Lck 15      Def 11      Res  9
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:10:04 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors