Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 200180 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: Oliver Edition
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2018, 03:08:12 AM »
I haven't played Sacred Stones since I was like twelve, but I remember Knoll as a summoner being game-breakingly powerful. The 1-HP Summoner phantoms could be used to bait enemies over and over again and turned the game into a cake walk for young me once I realized that they basically eliminated all need to take risks of any kind if used properly. Did that only work on easier difficulties, or were Summoners really as powerful as I remember?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2018, 03:38:13 AM »
Pretty sure that works on most difficulties, but I think most people just never used Knoll considering he joins as a level 10 unpromoted shaman something like 6 chapters before the end of the game.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:45:21 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2018, 04:33:22 AM »
looks like someone might get their wish for camilla emblem

Also, can someone translate this?
unless you linked to the wrong thing (it's the same link as the first), the translate feature of twitter gives an accurate gist of what it says, saying it's the early results, that you can only vote once a day so go get on that, etc.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2018, 04:36:15 AM »
Knoll's stats are ass on Scared Stones, true facts. Off topic, so um can we get that Lyon Grand Hero Battle, yah?
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2018, 04:58:44 AM »
unless you linked to the wrong thing (it's the same link as the first), the translate feature of twitter gives an accurate gist of what it says, saying it's the early results, that you can only vote once a day so go get on that, etc.

My bad, I meant to link that third image that isn't part of the polls.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2018, 05:06:23 AM »
ah that, took me a bit since I didn't realize that the Order of Heroes is called the Vice Brave for some reason in JP. Basically says where our three main heroes are placing in currently.

e: or that might be Weiss Brave, for gratuitous german english combo
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:10:58 AM by Mеа »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2018, 05:10:45 AM »
Hmm...I guess I was thrown off since Sharena isn't in the top 20. I guess that number is everyone together, and the females have more votes? I guess out of the top 49, it's a 30/19 split.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Conqueror

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2018, 06:57:57 AM »
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Choose_Your_Legends_(Event)
Judging from the previous CYL the M/F vote share is about equal, but we'll see how Lyn/Lucina/Ike/Roy not being in the pool affects that.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2018, 08:00:53 AM »
Hmm, this. is actually. legitimately. pretty. difficult...!!!

Might actually need to sit down and work out some numbers and strats. I don't have a hyper offensive range team like Reinhardt or BLyn to avoid all the lunge drag back shenanigans and clear out people in one round, so yeah.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »
Hello darkness, my old friend. I've come to talk to you again...
Conquest Lunatic. Chapter 10. Just... Chapter 10.
Haven't beaten it yet, but progress is being made.

Some highlights so far:

Me messing up my units positioning. YOU DIED.
2% crit activating. YOU DIED.
Oh, god, water is gone. YOU DIED.
Missing 97% chance to hit. YOU DIED.

Classic Fire Emblem.

Edit: Best chapter cleared.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:43:41 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Conqueror

« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2018, 09:23:59 AM »
Gotta love Fates getting rid of true hit.  :ohdear:

I finally caved in and used a stam potion on Lyon's GHB  - I think the last time I actually did that was for Legion. In the end I had to reconfigure my flier team and give them a bunch of long-overdue SI (my supply of Shannas went down by 3) and also proper support for blade Corrin. I think player phase units are critical if you want to avoid dealing with all the positioning shenanigans the enemies will throw at you.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2018, 10:04:05 AM »
euuueueuu, euueuueuhhh, that felt kinda grody

kept my Ninian/FCorrin core and pulled in a Deirdre and ATiki. The sooner you get done with this stage the better or else reinforcements keep inviting themselves in. Kept to the lower left for the most part and the scariest moment was that time when there was a green dragon, Panic Ploy green armor pos, Firesweep Sword cavalry, and blue mage all trying to get in from the right at once. The blue mage went up and around for some reason making it doable, got Deirdre to snipe the green armor so FCorrin could tank a hit on buffs. Interestingly enough, the AI seemed to prioritize Firesweep Sword over Green Breath when attacking her, which I suppose is a carryover from the main FE games, ie: no counter > damage.

But wow that was difficult. Glad Drive Res 2 boy can make it safely home to me.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2018, 12:51:16 PM »

For reals?! Excitiiiing!

I fully expect cranky internet people to rally and arbitrarily start mass-upvoting the characters directly below her if it looks like there's a chance she might win. Cranky internet people hate Camilla and are organized. They hate understanding big sister types, axes as big as sisters, excessive sibling-but-not-really-sibling violence, and boobs attached to nice ladies!

(Or maybe I'm just paranoid and insane because she's gotten dunked hard for a few grand hero battles in a row, I've seen a few randos say stuff to that effect, and I'm half-delirious with fever right now).

Anyway, uh, fingers crossed! Blood for the boob god!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2018, 02:54:21 PM »
Yay! I called it... err will do the battle later on though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2018, 04:46:08 PM »
Welp, Infernal Lyon looks impossible. I'm sure it isn't, looking forward to figuring it out, but man that's rough. May need to grind up some SP to finish NYAzura. Good thing it's 2x SP today.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2018, 05:57:16 PM »
Welp, Infernal Lyon looks impossible. I'm sure it isn't, looking forward to figuring it out, but man that's rough. May need to grind up some SP to finish NYAzura. Good thing it's 2x SP today.
Here's how I did it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcGfGGGNE4Y

It's best to pick a side (left or right) and pray you can deal with the cavalry units one at a time.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2018, 08:02:18 PM »
(Or maybe I'm just paranoid and insane because she's gotten dunked hard for a few grand hero battles in a row, I've seen a few randos say stuff to that effect, and I'm half-delirious with fever right now).

This, mostly. Historically, it's kind of the opposite of all that, Thus why Camilla is as popular as she is. Like, fuck dude. She was considered a given walking into this.

I don't give it a no chance of happening because I see a lot of people being weak and giving up on their rebecca votes for Eirika as a second place, but I'd chill the hell out with the victim complex man.

Conqueror

« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2018, 08:27:04 PM »

Sure there are a lot of people who dislike Camilla on certain internet communities, but she's still fairly popular since she managed to get number 2. Meanwhile Tharja's popularity fell off a cliff.

Personally I'm dedicating the rest of my votes to Veronica not because I hate Camilla but because I want playable Veronica on the long shot that we can sneak her past 3 highly popular girls.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »
This, mostly. Historically, it's kind of the opposite of all that, Thus why Camilla is as popular as she is. Like, fuck dude. She was considered a given walking into this.

I don't give it a no chance of happening because I see a lot of people being weak and giving up on their rebecca votes for Eirika as a second place, but I'd chill the hell out with the victim complex man.

Don't get me wrong, this is 60% in jest and I will not be particularly bummed if she doesn't win. She shouldn't, she already has more versions than almost anyone.

That said, I think the possibility of an anti-Camilla rally IS real. And not honestly unreasonable since again, for variety's sake she probably shouldn't win.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2018, 09:57:03 PM »
Don't get me wrong, this is 60% in jest and I will not be particularly bummed if she doesn't win. She shouldn't, she already has more versions than almost anyone.

That said, I think the possibility of an anti-Camilla rally IS real. And not honestly unreasonable since again, for variety's sake she probably shouldn't win.
It could happen, but if it does, you'll just have to wait a few seasonal banners. :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2018, 10:29:03 PM »
Arbor Day form let's go. :V

Edit: Should have said President's Day...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2018, 10:55:14 PM »
What's with those weird ass choices, Valentine's day is around the corner lol

Although... if we could get Ippei to draw all the art for a President's day banner in a propaganda style, I'd chuck in a couple bucks for that.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2018, 02:51:52 AM »

Alright. Gotta be honest. Kinda disappointed how easy this ended up being with that team. I got close a couple of times with other setups and it was all tense and exciting and stuff but the first time I tried this configuration I won almost without doing anything. Azura OP.

And to be fair a lot of the credit goes to Corrin. A freakishly strong blue flying mage has the unique ability to tank and kill Lyon on turn one from one of the water tiles directly above the starting area (after nuking the red flier of course) which really opens up the map...

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
Finally escaped the NY banner with Azura.  Solid consolation prize for missing literally everyone on the dancer banner.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2018, 02:53:04 PM »
Looks like I won't have anyone from the New Year banner because RNG is being cruel.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2018, 02:59:40 PM »
Worked my rate back up to 3.75x. Just got a few more tries to somehow pull even more Camillas, but if I end up wasting that multiplier then fair enough, I've still been hella lucky.

Conqueror

« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2018, 09:39:25 PM »
Whew, finally tackled Chain Challenge 11-12. In the end, I managed to make it all the way to 12-3 with my Cherche/Corrin/Azura/Elincia flier team - a first for me because usually I get teamwiped or timed out at Celica and Bruno's map or any of the other timed maps in Chapter 12. That made 12-4 a lot easier since now instead of trying to tank a hit from Leon or Sonya, I could use my MInerva/Tana/Hinoka/Nowi team to initiate on the pegasus flier over the cliffs. Then I brought in my cav team to mop up the remainder of 12-5.
And with that, I've finished all lunatic chain challenges. Feels good to see that green checkmark.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2018, 11:26:53 PM »
Congrats! It's not quite as difficult, but book ii chapter 3+4 is also a little tricky. Be sure to have an answer for Myrrh's map

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »
Well, with my last five orbs I managed to squeeze a final 5* out of the New Year banner before it goes away so my 4% rate didn't go to waste. Got a 5* Soleil. That's fine I guess. Pretty great luck, all things considered.