Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3  (Read 69662 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3
« Reply #420 on: June 01, 2018, 12:13:30 AM »
>Continue to approach
>"Leftovers from the battle, I assume?"

>The Ice Champion inclines her head ever so slightly in acknowledgement of your question as you come to stand before her.
>"She froze it out of them." says Haruka, the aged, experienced miko sounding stunned by it. "I'd never seen anything like it. It was like she was freezing everything that was foreign and evil in them, and then pulled it out in the form of these crystals. These crystals are the solidified forms of the magic Semitur used to corrupt the Soulless. Other than Flandre Scarlet, obviously. Where was she going? I just saw her leave with Magical Lily."

« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2018, 02:10:46 AM »
>"To check on her sister and let her know she's alright. Lily is keeping her company and... apparently planning to inquire with said sister about planning a friend's wedding."
>Bow politely to Ice
>"I thank you for your assistance in freeing these people from their corruption, Champion of Ice."

« Reply #422 on: June 01, 2018, 02:30:36 AM »
>"To check on her sister and let her know she's alright. Lily is keeping her company and... apparently planning to inquire with said sister about planning a friend's wedding."
>Bow politely to Ice
>"I thank you for your assistance in freeing these people from their corruption, Champion of Ice."

>Haruka quirks an eyebrow. "How thoughtful of her." she says knowingly.
>Once more the icy bird lowers her head, deeper this time.

« Reply #423 on: June 09, 2018, 05:20:43 AM »
>To Ice: "I also have a request I wish to make of you. As I have said before, I am committed to finding a path to peace between our kinds, to a liberation of your people without an endangerment of ours. And to that end, I wish I parlay with your Mother and attempt to convince her that it is in both our interests not to have to fight each other; after all, why risk even the chance of defeat and the lives that hang in the balance when another path exists - one where we work together to bring your people to a safer home? Conquering our world is needless when we could cooperate instead , and even if you are bound to follow your Mother's orders, those orders can surely change in the light of new information that could help your people's survival, no?"
>"I am told by Fire that all of the Champions have some kind of link with Mother that you can use to communicate with her telepathically. I would like to ask if you would be willing to be an intermediary between us - to convey my words to Her and Her reply back to me. To be a go-between as we negotiate what could be the end of our conflict and the swiftest path to your peoples' freedom. Fire has granted me leave to request this favor and for you to answer it yourself. Please."
>Bow deeply in a deferential manner that befits this request

« Reply #424 on: June 10, 2018, 02:30:46 AM »
>To Ice: "I also have a request I wish to make of you. As I have said before, I am committed to finding a path to peace between our kinds, to a liberation of your people without an endangerment of ours. And to that end, I wish I parlay with your Mother and attempt to convince her that it is in both our interests not to have to fight each other; after all, why risk even the chance of defeat and the lives that hang in the balance when another path exists - one where we work together to bring your people to a safer home? Conquering our world is needless when we could cooperate instead , and even if you are bound to follow your Mother's orders, those orders can surely change in the light of new information that could help your people's survival, no?"
>"I am told by Fire that all of the Champions have some kind of link with Mother that you can use to communicate with her telepathically. I would like to ask if you would be willing to be an intermediary between us - to convey my words to Her and Her reply back to me. To be a go-between as we negotiate what could be the end of our conflict and the swiftest path to your peoples' freedom. Fire has granted me leave to request this favor and for you to answer it yourself. Please."
>Bow deeply in a deferential manner that befits this request

>You have a vague sense of curiosity and puzzlement from the big beautiful bird. It is as if she is wondering how such a thing might be achieved. You suspect it is not because she lacks to means to communicate with Makai, because she cannot speak, and is thusly a poor choice for a go-between. However, you do not sense from her that she is unwilling to try.

« Reply #425 on: June 10, 2018, 03:11:13 AM »
>"I understand there may be some... limitations to opening a dialogue by this method, but if it is a chance we have in front of us now, then I want to take it - each day that passes is a further chance for needless loss of life."

« Reply #426 on: June 10, 2018, 06:32:07 AM »
>"I understand there may be some... limitations to opening a dialogue by this method, but if it is a chance we have in front of us now, then I want to take it - each day that passes is a further chance for needless loss of life."

>A look of understanding passes through her sorrowful eyes. You sense she agrees with your assessment.
>For a moment, the emotional sensation you've been getting from her ceases, and the Champion tilts her head back, as though she was listening to something only she can hear. When she lowers her head, she fans her wings out. You expect her to release one of her feathers, as she did before, but instead, she extends one of her wings out towards you, like a humanoid might extend their hand.

« Reply #427 on: June 10, 2018, 07:12:08 AM »
>Gently accept it (and slowly enough that we can tell if we've misread her intentions before we do so)

« Reply #428 on: June 10, 2018, 10:58:47 PM »
>Gently accept it (and slowly enough that we can tell if we've misread her intentions before we do so)

>It is with a bit of trepadation that you raise your hand and reach out for the Ice Champion's wing. You've never come into direct contact with the Champions before. Touching one of her wings directly promises to be a vastly different experience than touching one of her shed feathers. But that does appear to be what she wants. You can feel the cold radiating from her wing the closer your hand gets to it, but it isn't the biting, harsh cold you were expecting from someone that bears the title of Ice Champion. Neither is it the gentle chill of a calm winter's morning. The cold of the Ice Champion is a unique sensation, a new feeling of cold.
>This feeling deepens when you touch her outstretched wing. The cold runs down the length of your arm, but does not leave you feeling numbed or slowed. You can sense the Champions' emotions more clearly now, though you imagine even doing this will require a bit of extrapolation on your part to gauge what she is attempting to communicate. There is also a sense of underlying chaos you couldn't feel before, a feeling of.... you're not sure what the right word is. A kind of swirling, spiraling sensation. You're not even sure if this is something Ice is doing on purpose, or if it is simply an aspect of her being you couldn't sense before.
>As you are trying to come to grips with that sensation, the sorrow you've seen in Ice's eyes hits you, with the force of a rogue transport truck. The deep sadness you guessed at from the look in her eyes is not as powerful as that which she senses within, and that emotion is now what you are connected to. It chills your soul far more than the sensation of her wing does.

>Byakuren Hijiri Corruption Score: 8%

« Reply #429 on: June 10, 2018, 11:43:30 PM »
>Take a moment to try and center ourselves first, and then attempt to process what we're experiencing

« Reply #430 on: June 11, 2018, 03:20:05 AM »
>Take a moment to try and center ourselves first, and then attempt to process what we're experiencing

>Sorrow defines the Ice Champion. Even with your powerful will and grounded sense of self, you can feel yourself being carried back through the years of her life. The unending despair of life on Makai presses down on you as it does her. Yes, it still does, you can sense. It is almost more than you can bear.
>Through this feeling, the Ice Champion communicates a sense of apology to you, a sense of regret that she did not, could not, warn you what you would experience.

>Byakuren Hijiri Corruption Score: 10%

« Reply #431 on: June 11, 2018, 05:17:40 AM »
>"It is alright. You have endured much - far too much. I want to help ensure you need never endure such things again."
>Who is out here with us, anyway? Is Rin nearby? Do we... think we could be bolstered a little through contact with her without offloading all this onto her as well?

« Reply #432 on: June 11, 2018, 05:44:36 PM »
>"It is alright. You have endured much - far too much. I want to help ensure you need never endure such things again."
>Who is out here with us, anyway? Is Rin nearby? Do we... think we could be bolstered a little through contact with her without offloading all this onto her as well?

>She is. She followed you out mostly to keep an eye on the Fire Champion, and now she's doing the same to Ice. But she must trust Ice more than Fire, since she didn't object to you touching the bird. And you gather that the sensations bombarding you are as a result of your direct contact with the Champion. So long as Rin doesn't touch Ice directly, she should be spared the sensations you're receiving. Magical Poppy is also not too far away, should you need additional aid.
>As you ponder this, the torrent of emotion abates a bit. You sense Ice pulling back a bit, either trying to spare you the emotions that had been assailing you or to ensure the rest of her communication efforts are not interfered with. You're not certain.

>Byakuren Hijiri Corruption Score: 12%

« Reply #433 on: June 11, 2018, 07:33:49 PM »
>Then let's ask Rin to take our hand and see if we can counterbalance some of this sorrow with love - without subjecting it to her as well, or somehow interfering with our link to Ice.

« Reply #434 on: June 11, 2018, 08:40:46 PM »
>Then let's ask Rin to take our hand and see if we can counterbalance some of this sorrow with love - without subjecting it to her as well, or somehow interfering with our link to Ice.

>Your kasha grips your hand with alacrity, and while you know that she cannot sense the emotional overflow from Ice, she does shiver slightly at the contact. There doesn't seem to be much Ice can do about the sensation of cold. Even that, you sense, causes her sorrow.
>Those emotions aside, you feel from Ice that she is willing to aid you, but she does not believe this is the time or the place. She gives you an impression of unwanted watchfulness. Someone is observing you, secretly, someone nearby.

>Byakuren Hijiri Corruption Score: 14%.

« Reply #435 on: June 11, 2018, 08:52:09 PM »
>Can we communicate a question to her, via the same link?
>If so, she's not referring to our connection to Rin here, is she? Is that enough interference? Or is it someone/something else?

« Reply #436 on: June 11, 2018, 09:13:55 PM »
>Can we communicate a question to her, via the same link?
>If so, she's not referring to our connection to Rin here, is she? Is that enough interference? Or is it someone/something else?

>You believe you can, though you're not entirely certain you'll be as accurate.
>But your efforts to do so meet with success, and you sense the Ice Champion's focus shift to your left. She seems to be indicating an area around 30-40 feet away from you. She also somehow gives you a sensation of energy, which is what she was sensing. She doesn't recognize the type of power being used, but you do. Even through the filter of the Ice Champion's senses, you recognize it as Jeweled power.

>Byakuren Hijiri Corruption Score: 16%

« Reply #437 on: June 11, 2018, 09:40:57 PM »
>Can we see anything there?
>Can we sense anything there?

« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2018, 12:17:25 AM »
>Can we see anything there?
>Can we sense anything there?

>You can neither see nor sense anyone's presence through your own powers. It seems that the Blood in question has the ability to shield themselves from your own senses, but not completely shield themselves from the Ice Champion.

« Reply #439 on: June 12, 2018, 12:35:48 AM »
>From what was conveyed by Ice, do we believe this sensation indicates a person who is concealing themselves at that location, or possibly just some remote scrying technique emanating from that location?
>Assuming a person is hidden there, do we think we could possibly expose them by aiming an Amber Lotus at that spot, regardless of whether we can sense anyone or not?

« Reply #440 on: June 12, 2018, 05:45:28 AM »
>From what was conveyed by Ice, do we believe this sensation indicates a person who is concealing themselves at that location, or possibly just some remote scrying technique emanating from that location?
>Assuming a person is hidden there, do we think we could possibly expose them by aiming an Amber Lotus at that spot, regardless of whether we can sense anyone or not?

>A hidden person.
>You believe so. You have an accurate enough sense of where they are to know where to point your light. In fact, it is likely any one of your group could do so. You believe Ice is actually offering to do so herself.

« Reply #441 on: June 12, 2018, 06:01:26 AM »
>Can we tell if this is Brightblood or Blackblood?

« Reply #442 on: June 12, 2018, 06:13:52 AM »
>Can we tell if this is Brightblood or Blackblood?

>Based on what you can tell from the impressions Ice is giving you, you would guess Blackblood. And probably a pretty powerful one, too.

« Reply #443 on: June 12, 2018, 06:21:24 AM »
>Give Ice the go-ahead, then. But suggest she try to be non-damaging.

« Reply #444 on: June 12, 2018, 06:29:44 AM »
>Give Ice the go-ahead, then. But suggest she try to be non-damaging.

>The impression you get from the Ice Champion is that this was her intention. She also suggests that you release her wing for a moment.

>Byakuren Hijiri Corruption Score: 17%

« Reply #445 on: June 12, 2018, 06:37:51 AM »
>Let's do so
>And maybe shake off some of this chill in the process

« Reply #446 on: June 12, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »
>Let's do so
>And maybe shake off some of this chill in the process

>A faint trail of dusty snow follows your hand as you remove it from the Champion's wing, yet there is none to be seen on your hand itself. Just the lingering chill of contact with a being of Ice. Rin takes your hand in a double grip, and the sensation of cold dissipates in the warmth of her hands.
>As you and Rin try to warm up, the Ice Champion waves her wing in the direction of the Blood sensation. A frosty wind blows out from her wing. You sense an almost startled stutter of power from the Blood Jewel, but it is not enough to maintain its camouflage spell. A tall man is very suddenly plainly in sight, bracing his face against the biting cold wind that assails him. It is the male doctor you noticed earlier, the one working on the injured civilians inside the airport terminal. He appears to be even more unhappy than he was before. With his non-detection spell broken, you can now sense that he wears a Red Jewel, the same rank that Drag Strip and Razorclaw wear. This makes him a very powerful man, though not one you can't deal with if worse comes to worse.

>Byakuren Hijiri Corruption Score: 15%
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:43:01 PM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #447 on: June 12, 2018, 05:46:07 PM »
>Address the man: "Why hello there. May I ask what you were doing hiding here?"

« Reply #448 on: June 12, 2018, 09:17:42 PM »
>Address the man: "Why hello there. May I ask what you were doing hiding here?"

>The dark haired man snarls at you. His features would be handsome to most, but there's an undisguised arrogance you can see on his face. His is the sort of face upon which a narcissistic sneer looks natural. "How did you know?"

« Reply #449 on: June 12, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »
>"Not accustomed to being discovered, I take it."