Author Topic: Thaws' Danmakufu Scripts -- NEW : Seiga Boss Fight (ph3)  (Read 41786 times)

Re: Thaws' Danmakufu Scripts (Purple UFO Stage!)
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 02:52:07 AM »
What do you mean easy mode?!?
Yeah I'm sorry to say but your concept of easy mode is even worse than Naut's :V

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 02:53:54 AM »
Actually, my biggest issue with the whole script is those damn lasers in "Walking the Streets of Heiankyou". Widen the streets or make those lasers have more delay, I just spawn, die, spawn, die, continue, die, spawn, die....

Yeah I'm sorry to say but your concept of easy mode is even worse than Naut's :V

What the hell does "easy" mean?

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 03:00:22 AM »
Whoa Ryu Jin Roku reference thrown in there

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 03:02:42 AM »
Also why did you make those amulets have ShootDownPlayer;. Sometimes they spawn next to me but I die anyways :/

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 03:04:15 AM »
Actually, my biggest issue with the whole script is those damn lasers in "Walking the Streets of Heiankyou". Widen the streets or make those lasers have more delay, I just spawn, die, spawn, die, continue, die, spawn, die....

What the hell does "easy" mean?

I realised the streets were too narrow, but widening it would mean doing all those calculations of the positions of squares/lasers all over again. :(

I've managed to clear the 2nd phase without dying about 2 times, it's static with aimed lasers, so with a effective route found, it can be cleared consistently if you don't crash into walls of the streets. :P

For the 3rd phase, Pay attention to where the bullet that goes vertically downwards is at, it is shot at a simple pattern of 1st street --> 2nd street --> 3rd street --> back to first. So do not enter a street with it going down when dodging the aimed laser. Sometimes you can just stay in a horizontal street until the laser is fired and go back to that street.
Also, unfocus and rush up whenever you have the chance. I think the timer was a bit too long I guess...

Yea.. it's those "impossible" difficulty, at least it looks cool. XD
Probably the spellcard I spent the most time on, even more than those with 4 phases.

--------------

The square amulets have ShootDownPlayer because if I make the square too dense, framerate is sad. If I reduce the number, you can slip through gaps of amulets.
The squares are spawned one row by one row so you can have time to react and go into the gaps.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 03:35:58 AM by Thaws »

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 03:42:05 AM »
If you're going to release another version, I'm ready.
BTW Intergalactic Gensokyoan Reimu to the rescue.

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009, 04:13:14 AM »
The square amulets have ShootDownPlayer...

This is not surprising, I keep nailing the cards when I thought I cleared them. Explains a lot, actually.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »
This game needs music. That is like the only thing missing. Other than that I loved the final giant ufo.

The lasers being turned into bullets ( forgot the name of the card ) is a bit lame. As not always the blue lasers form openings for you. Neither you have the time to rush full towards that location, even with Marisa. So you end up bombing.

@ Vappie, that Reimu player is quite a cheating character :V first time I saw it was with the Aniki script. But neverless, cool flashy character. ( I liked the Sakuya version more though )

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2009, 01:04:09 PM »
Goddammit!! This is the best Danmakufu script I've seen, ever! You should totally make this into a proper UFO Phantasm Stage and post it on Nico to melt their faces off!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 02:58:13 PM by Solais »

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »
@ Vappie, that Reimu player is quite a cheating character :V first time I saw it was with the Aniki script. But neverless, cool flashy character. ( I liked the Sakuya version more though )
Indeed, causes lotsa destruction but then I experienced some problems that I couldn't try explaining and hoped the other versions fixed it. And Sakuya's bomb was massively powerful.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2009, 09:34:11 PM »
Hahahah YES
This script is goddamn awesome.

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 11:43:44 PM »
can't download the Purple UFO Stage...is it still there...cause one time I clicked on the link & it did the 404 error thing...?
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2009, 11:45:44 PM »
Mediafire is having issues, wait a bit.

Henry

• The observer
  • Exploring to the new world of Danmaku
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 11:09:35 AM »
Played it and it is definitely nice, though I continued a lot
Old/Forgotten member.

Old Patchouli Project was outdated but new one is in progress.

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 02:53:03 AM »
This is a great...& hellish difficult script...I have never taken that much of an ass whipping in the same script.  I had no problems with this script...except...some spellcards seemed a bit hit point heavy...it's fine though...
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Re: Thaws' Danmakufu Scripts (Snow (Version 3!))
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2010, 03:33:23 AM »
Newest : Snow themed Boss Version 3  :V
Click here to download

Happy new year.  :P

Oh yeah, you need the CtC shot replace script for this.

Bump :3
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:00:59 PM by Thaws »

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
Re: Thaws' Danmakufu Scripts (Snow (Version 3!))
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 01:22:11 AM »
Hooray! Now if you'll excuse me I'ma go replace the ExRumia sprites and replace them with Letty~

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Re: Thaws' Danmakufu Scripts -- NEW : Seiga Boss Fight (ph3)
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 04:07:50 PM »
Seems like everyone's moved on to making full games nowadays. I don't think I have the skills, determination to make one so I'll just keep on making short boss fights when I get ideas. :P heh
anyways,

ph3 version Scripts below:
Newest:
Seiga Kaku Boss Fight
Click here to download

My first attempt at a boss fight scripted in ph3 version.

This is a Seiga plural script with only a boss fight (no stage portion).

There's 4 non-spells and 6 spells.

Since it's not obvious at all, the 3rd spell card "Breaking the Cycle of Life" is a survival spell.

I like to think that the last spell is one of the few things I made that's kinda visually appealing. lol

I know the aesthetics aren't that nice, but I hope the danmaku concepts make up for it and hope you all enjoy the script! ^_^

I actually began working on this when ph3 came out like half a year ago, I got 4 spells + 4 non-spells completed but then I got distracted and left it alone. :V
But I really liked some of my ideas for spells here, so I created 2 more spells in the past two days and uploaded it finally.
I think my originally reason for thinking this was:
1. I've had the idea of making a boss with the gimmick "Restricting Movements" but I don't know what character to make it for until Seiga was released which kinda fits because she can pass walls and you can't.
2. I liked Seiga's danmaku in her mid-boss fight in TD but then Yoshika pretty much stole the spotlight again in the stage 4 boss fight.
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 14 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

14 days? More like 30 months. (I barely posts but I lurk around this forum so often ._.)

ph3 scripting, It makes object shots so much more convenient to use lol.

Have no idea if there's some way to enable continuing or it's not there anymore, so default 5 lives and you can just play the single scripts if you can't get there anyways.
Easy is a bit more difficult than you average Easy mode.
Normal is somewhere between normal and hard.
Hard mode is quite hard,
and Lunatic is what I think is just too hard for me to be able to capture.

There's also an unused, unfinished survival spell in the folder called yinyang. I gave up the concept already but you can still try playing it if you want.

Have fun with the script! ^_^ Comments would be nice. =)

Hope this thread doesn't just sink back down and get forgotten without any comments. lol
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:14:15 PM by Thaws »

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 02:01:22 AM »
Pretty good spell, but no music?! That's a little boring  :wat: I like the Yin Yang spell though  :]

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 03:18:42 AM »
Fantastic script! Really creative. Mind if I record a video of it?

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 05:30:46 AM »
Pretty good spell, but no music?! That's a little boring  :wat: I like the Yin Yang spell though  :]
To be honest I totally forgot about the Yin Yang spell for a while lol. It was the spell I was working on before I abandoned the script for half a year due to lack of ideas/distraction/etc. I think I had trouble trying to balance the difficulty.

Fantastic script! Really creative. Mind if I record a video of it?
That'd be awesome! Thanks!

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 05:29:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUl5WjXXg8E

This was a lot of fun, thanks for the great work.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUl5WjXXg8E

This was a lot of fun, thanks for the great work.

Godly playthrough. You made the whole script seem so easy.
Also, dat ending. Made me realize I didn't do the whole slow-down then explode thing when boss dies... (There doesn't seem to be a slow down function in ph3 though? Would it still be possible to replicate something like that? :/)

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2012, 07:12:47 PM »
The script is amazing, but Danyao Refining doesn't seem like a spell Seiga would have, and the spell with the wall of knives is complete BS. Still a script which shows great Danmakufu Scripting skills.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »
The script is amazing, but Danyao Refining doesn't seem like a spell Seiga would have, and the spell with the wall of knives is complete BS. Still a script which shows great Danmakufu Scripting skills.

Thanks. :]
I agree Danyao Refining is definitely the worst spell of the bunch. I pretty much lacked ideas at the time (refering to half a year ago) and just threw in something Tao-ist related.
I'd have to disagree on wall of knives though. I thought lunatic was too difficult too (couldn't capture it once before), then I saw how Naut did it and realize the trick is to always stay on the lower half of the screen, to do so, you cannot miss every single opportunity of when the knife gap opens. After realizing this, I captured it on lunatic 3 times in a row. :V

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »
I like this script 'w'
I loved the SFX on the laser shooting for the ying-yang spell xD