Author Topic: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet  (Read 238580 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2013, 04:04:45 AM »
> Awwwwwwait a second.

> "I suppose we can try saving Gensokyo through video game playing."

> "So, is this you're first time playing Guildes?"

> Wait for Alice to turn her back, then whisper to Medicine, "Think she's infected?"

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »
> Awwwwwwait a second.
> For whatever reason, your gut is telling you something is wrong...Or maybe you're just hungry.

> "I suppose we can try saving Gensokyo through video game playing."
> Alice smiles. "That's what I was hoping for. I know it's risky, but playing the game may reveal more than we know already."

> "So, is this your first time playing Guildes?"
> "Indeed it is," Alice replies, before tilting her head out of curiosity. "What made you think otherwise?"

> Wait for Alice to turn her back, then whisper to Medicine, "Think she's infected?"
> A couple of chimes emit from your laptops. You recognize it as the "download complete" sound your browser makes when a file's done downloading.
> "Ah, looks like they're done...Lemme go set up the dolls, then!" Alice heads upstairs to her room. You assume she's going to need several dolls for this.
> While she's away, you voice your concerns about Alice towards Medicine. "I kinda doubt it. She seems more enthusiastic than anything. Is she always like this when you two do something?"

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2013, 08:00:33 PM »
> "Nah, she usually lets me be the reckless one."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:43:59 PM by capt. h »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2013, 01:50:51 AM »
> "Nah, she usually lets me be the reckless one."
> "The way you two act, it's like you two are sisters or something...Are you two really related?" Medicine asks.

> _

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2013, 02:42:07 AM »
>"Not yet."
>Wink playfully.
>"Ya gonna watch while we try out Guildies, or something else you wanna do here with Alice distracted?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2013, 03:34:28 AM »
>"Not yet."
> "What do you mean by--"

>Wink playfully.
> "Oh." Medicine replies in the flattest tone possible. She remains stoic, but her mini-self just facepalms.

>"Ya gonna watch while we try out Guildies, or something else you wanna do here with Alice distracted?"
> Asking Medicine this seems to break up the awkwardness a bit. "Uh...Actually, I was thinking of playing, myself...I mean, what would you do if you both got infected?"

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2013, 06:02:26 PM »
> "If you think you're immune, go ahead."

> "You've been around Eientei a lot, is there anything in particular that seems... off about the game? Besides it's effects, I mean."

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »
> "If you think you're immune, go ahead."

> "You've been around Eientei a lot, is there anything in particular that seems... off about the game? Besides it's effects, I mean."
> Medicine doesn't respond at first, she seems to be thinking about something. You give her a moment to process her train of thought, then you ask your question.
> "...I have watched a couple of inaba play the game. It doesn't look out of order, in fact it looks like that one 'Castle Vein' game Kaguya likes to make fun of when talking about the Scarlets. There must be something about the game that I'm missing..." Medicine goes silent for a bit, but then perks up. "Oh, I was gonna suggest something to you. You know how you linked with Alice through her dolls a while back? Maybe we can do something similar...I can play the game on your behalf, but you'd be able to...Er...Control me and see through my eyes." Mini-Medicine looks on disapprovingly as you listen to this.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2013, 04:23:07 AM »
> "That's a neat trick."

> Can Alice do that with her own dolls?

> Sounds like something Alice would kill to do. Possibly literally.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
> "That's a neat trick."
> Medicine looks down at the floor. "I'm not exactly proud of it...But...I figured I'd look into it. Y'know...Just in case."
> You're getting the feeling that if Medicine were human, she'd be blushing by now.

> Can Alice do that with her own dolls?
> You're not sure. Usually, when the dolls have something to report, they come and tell her directly. However, you'd be surprised if Alice didn't have access to this ability already.
> ...
> ...
> Great, now you're feeling doubly paranoid over the fact that Alice may be spying on you, and the fact that you might have to take a page from her book to safely play this game. This day just keeps getting better by the hour!!
> That being said...You haven't "borrowed" any techniques from her yet. Perhaps you could do this just this once, to satisfy your completionist urge.

> Sounds like something Alice would kill to do. Possibly literally.
> It'd take a lot to drive Alice to that point. After that Grimoire incident, she's exercised a lot of restraint not to use that power again. Power corrupts, after all.

> Speaking of which, you can hear Alice coming back down the stairs. "I'm ready! How about you, Mari?"

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2013, 03:08:58 AM »
You don't need a book to commit murder!  :D

> "I guess."

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2013, 03:24:19 AM »
You don't need a book to commit murder!  :D
Books are the number one murder weapon used in Gensokyo, right after knives!

> "I guess."
> "Well, ready or not, I'm gonna log on and play. See you in...Um...Whereever the game takes place in...?" Alice shrugs, and sits next to her desk such that she's not looking directly at the screen. She then directs her dolls to manipulate the keys and the mouse while she gives commands.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2013, 04:50:44 AM »
> And now we wait.

> Get popcorn.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2013, 05:46:33 AM »
> And now we wait.

> Get popcorn.
> You'd have to check to see if you have any corn to pop!
> Your computer bleeps. It's not a download bleep, it's an Instant Messenger bleep.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2013, 01:00:47 PM »
> Answer IM?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2013, 07:05:55 PM »
> Answer IM?
> You take a look at the username, and smile. It's your friend "Starbroker495," aka FLANDRE SCARLET.

Code: [Select]
"Hiya, Mari! I finally got my computer back, lol ;)"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »
>Did Medicine want us to be able to keep up with Alice? That seems awfully generous for her...
>What're our usual online antics with Flan like? How'd she lose computer access, or have we heard the story (for this particular instance)
>Reply with our usual antics!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2013, 12:05:02 AM »
> "Hey, stay away from this new Guildes game, it seems to be some form of mind control and causes magical brain cancer, and, well, both things are bad."

> "Incidentally, can you surgically remove tumors with kyuu?"

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2013, 05:20:47 AM »
>Did Medicine want us to be able to keep up with Alice? That seems awfully generous for her...
> You think she's doing it to protect you from the game's effects, while still investigating it. You liken it to putting on a hazmat suit, except less clunky.

>What're our usual online antics with Flan like? How'd she lose computer access, or have we heard the story (for this particular instance)
> Since you normally don't chat with her in person, you just talk about things like any normal person would. She's always curious about what you're doing in Gensokyo. As for the computer, well...

>Reply with our usual antics!
risingstar82 said: What have I told you about breaking your toys, ze? =P
Starbroker495 said: Not to break them in the first place? ^^;; uguu
risingstar82 said: Laptops are very expensive, ze!
risingstar82 said: Keep this up and I might not be able to talk to you again! That'd suk, ze!
Starbroker495 said: Ok I get it, who are you, my muther XP
risingstar82 said: I ain't goin' there, ze. Just be more careful, eh?
Starbroker495 said: mebbe I should ask patch to put a null magic field on it or sumthing :X.
Starbroker495 said: Wat do u tink? o-o
risingstar82 said: That's not a bad idea, ze! But you gotta make the outer shell magic proof, not the innards. Savvy, ze?
Starbroker495 said: But of course, monamie! XD I ain't stupid! =P
risingstar82 said: Lol. Again, not going there, ze.
Starbroker495 said: You go everywhere else...To places, I mean. >_>;; What've you been up to?

> "Hey, stay away from this new Guildies game, it seems to be some form of mind control and causes magical brain cancer, and, well, both things are bad."
risingstar82 said: Alice and I discovered this new game, ze. It's called "Guildies!"
risingstar82 said: Yes, it is spelled like that, ze.
risingstar82 said: The problem is, that people have been getting sick from it...
Starbroker495 said: Ehhhh?! But I've been playing it and I'm just fine ._.
Starbroker495 said: I didn't even get motion sickness or nuthin' >_> Who got sick?
risingstar82 said: Some rabbits at Eientei. But don't go blabbin' about this to anyone, ze!
Starbroker495 said: Okie-dokie! ;) Your secret is safe with moi, lol! XD

> "Incidentally, can you surgically remove tumors with kyuu?"
risingstar82 said: ...Silly question, have you been practicing surgery, ze?
Starbroker495 said: o_o
Starbroker495 said: That is a silly question, ROFLMAO!!
Starbroker495 said: Y do u ask? :V
risingstar82 said: Well, this sickness is giving people tumors, ze...
risingstar82 said: Eirin might not be able to remove them all!
Starbroker495 said: That's pas terrible! But...
Starbroker495 said: I'd probably just blow their heads off and be done with it >u>a
risingstar82 said: That's your solution to everything, ze!
Starbroker495 said: Sez the witch, lol. XP
risingstar82 said: Touche.

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2013, 06:01:55 AM »
> "Alright, if Eirin fails, we'll use head-splosions as plan B."

> "Um, Flan, is it possible for you to stop playing the game?"

> "I'm not asking you to stop or anything, I'm just asking, if you wanted to get out of the house for a bit, put the game down for a day, could you? The thing turned Kaguya into an emancipated insomniac pretty quickly, worried you might not be noticing its effects."

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2013, 07:16:36 PM »
> "Alright, if Eirin fails, we'll use head-splosions as plan B."
risingstar82 said: Ok, we'll use your method as a last resort, ze.
Starbroker495 said: Oui! :)

> "Um, Flan, is it possible for you to stop playing the game?"

> "I'm not asking you to stop or anything, I'm just asking, if you wanted to get out of the house for a bit, put the game down for a day, could you? The thing turned Kaguya into an emancipated insomniac pretty quickly, worried you might not be noticing its effects."
> You express your concern to Flan.

Starbroker495 said: o_o *le blink*
Starbroker495 said: I understand what you're saying, but...
Starbroker495 said: I'm not THAT obsessive when it comes to gaming, lol! XP
Starbroker495 said: Methinks monamie doth worry too much!
risingstar82 said: Maybe, ze.
risingstar82 said: I've been having fits of paranoia more than usual.
Starbroker495 said: Maybe you're the one that needs to have their head examined o-O
risingstar82 said: Yeah, right, ze!
Starbroker495 said: Srsly >_> Now I'm the one that's worried.
Starbroker495 said: Are you playing alone or with Alice?
risingstar82 said: With, duh. Medicine's also here, ze.
Starbroker495 said: The giant dolly? OMG, I wanna meet her :3 The only dolls I ever see are patch's defensive dolls
Starbroker495 said: ...Whom kinda creep me out, tbh. Don't tell her I said that! >:X
risingstar82 said: Not a chance, ze. ;P

> _

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »
> Are we acting too paranoid?

> Also, is everyone out to get us? We have stolen a lot of things from a lot of people.

> To Alice: "Feel like giving the young lady a puppet show some time?"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 08:04:04 PM by capt. h »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »
> Are we acting too paranoid?
> You've had bouts of sudden paranoia recently, but nothing that has begun to overwhelm you, save your thoughts about using doll magic.

> Also, is everyone out to get us? We have stolen a lot of things from a lot of people.
> Nope. Not even Patchy, the one person you have stolen the most from, doesn't try to hunt you down. If someone wants something back, they'll ask for it back, they won't try and push things by starting a fight with you (most of the time). On the flip side, if you come to someone with the intent to steal, that's when the real fireworks begin, so to speak...Assuming you get caught in the act.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2013, 05:10:12 AM »

>Preface this with "Hey, Alice, I got Flan on IM."

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2013, 07:33:25 AM »
>Preface this with "Hey, Alice, I got Flan on IM."
> You tell Alice what you've been doing. "Oh, uh, I never considered it. I suppose I could put something together...The question is, what?" She puts a hand to her chin as her dolls continue tapping the (plastic) ivories, as it were.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2013, 09:33:10 AM »
>"Think it'd be a bad idea to play off her gratuitous French?"
>Who else do we usually chat with online, anyway?
>Stretch and take a moment to think. Is there even an extra machine for Medicine to play on around here?
>... and do some casual research. Gensokyo's gotta have a search engine somewhere. Look up that group behind Guildies real quick.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:47:55 AM by E-Nazrin »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »
>"Think it'd be a bad idea to play off her gratuitous French?"
> "I don't think she'd be offended.." Alice says, still in thought.

>Who else do we usually chat with online, anyway?
> Your buddy list consists of a variety of contacts: Reimu and Sakuya are givens, since you usually work with them on incidents. Yukari and Koishi are on there, but they're usually not online. Sometimes you talk to Ran and Chen, Suika sometimes talks to you in a drunk stupor, Patchy refuses to add you (for obvious reasons) but you sometimes bug her, and Kourin you chat with now and then since you're both close friends and all. Oddly enough, you never bothered to add Kaguya to your buddy list. Hijiri and Nitori you have on hand not only because they're both cool people, but they also provide useful tech support. You haven't been able to get in touch with the Netherworld crew, the Taoist faction or anyone related to the Shining Needle Castle incident. You also chat with Satori often, she's become quite the social (network) butterfly as of late.

>Stretch and take a moment to think. Is there even an extra machine for Medicine to play on around here?
> You take a nice, long, stretch, almost bonking Medicine in the face with your outstretched hand.
> "Ah, sorry for hovering..." she says as she backs off a bit. Was she eavesdropping on you? You shrug it off, there wasn't anything sensitive being displayed on your comp.
> Sadly, the only computers you have at the moment are the ones that you and Alice own.

>... and do some casual research. Gensokyo's gotta have a search engine somewhere. Look up that group behind Guildies real quick.
> Thankfully, the ever-present Google is there to assist. You type in "Maneki.com" and come up with a blank domain site with several hits, including the company site itself, some preview articles and videos about the game, and some fan-made forums dedicated to Guildies itself.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2013, 09:04:49 PM »
>"Whoop. Sorry, you must be bored stiff, huh Medi? Guess I should probably take you up on that offer, but gimme a minute to see if a little searchin' digs up anything we should know."
>Spend under five minutes digging around the interwebs for more data on Maneki: Where are they located, who owns the company, what else have they done... and try searching the first two pages of results for player comments for important sets of keywords like "Guildies addiction" - see if anyone else has had serious problems with the game, rather than just standard MMO addiction.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2013, 09:41:17 PM »
> Check the headlines for Guildes while we're at it, it ought to be in the news.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2013, 12:26:03 AM »
>"Whoop. Sorry, you must be bored stiff, huh Medi? Guess I should probably take you up on that offer, but gimme a minute to see if a little searchin' digs up anything we should know."
> "Sure, go ahead. I'll keep an eye on Alice...I guess?" She turns to Alice, whom seems to look like she's dozing off. "Whoa, are you ok?"
> Alice yawns. "Sorry...The spell I'm using to control the dolls splits my consciousness a bit. That's why I feel sleepy...This is normal, I'll be fine."
> "I hope so," Medicine replies.

>Spend under five minutes digging around the interwebs for more data on Maneki: Where are they located, who owns the company, what else have they done... and try searching the first two pages of results for player comments for important sets of keywords like "Guildies addiction" - see if anyone else has had serious problems with the game, rather than just standard MMO addiction.

> Check the headlines for Guildes while we're at it, it ought to be in the news.
> You start digging around one of the fan forums for more info. Nothing seems out of the ordinary...All the posts and info you can find don't mention a single instance of "addiction." There are some complaints about other gameplay stuff here and there, but nothing implying some kind of epidemic.

> _