Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order: 3rd Anniversary  (Read 142432 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: Fate/Choco Order 2.018: Bananarama
« Reply #330 on: May 19, 2018, 12:23:38 PM »
Gotta say, Nero Bride helps much more than I anticipated she could as a hybrid support/damage dealer in 3BP. I can kill both the hands and Ibaraki rather consistently now, though it does become a bit of a nail-biter at times. My party was Scathach (Lv. 90 - 6/10/10 - MLB Shana-oh)/Nero Bride (Lv. 98 - 8/10/6 - Shana-oh)/Support Waver (Lv. 90 - 10/10/10 - MLB Golden)/Mash (Lv. 60 - 10/10/10 - Golden)/Andersen (Lv. 65 - 4/8/4 - Golden)/Cu (Lv. 70 - 5/6/4 - Golden).

As an aside, sometimes I wish overkill damage was counted too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:59:12 PM by Leon゠Helsing »

« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2018, 12:57:42 PM »
For this event, I haven't been as active as needed to get to the best rewards, since not getting Shuten after using 210 quartz and 50 tickets (as f2p) has made me a little bit depressed.

I need a better way to generate stars for 3BP... (currently shiki is filling in that role).

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2018, 02:58:22 PM »
If you have me as a friend, you could probably use my Jack.

I posted my friend code earlier in the thread.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
Out of curiosity, how useful is Personal Training in general?
It's a bit poop in my opinion, I bought one for the art. I would be saving for Chaldea Lunchtime when it's released.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2018, 08:08:28 PM »
I'm having some trouble beating 3BP reliably without command seals.  Just can't quite hit the 6M threshold.

Current lineup is Jalter (Shana) / Gilgamesh (MLB Shana) / Friend Waver (Carp) / Mash (Carp) / Angra (Carp) / Ushiwakamaru (Carp).

Other potential options are Okita, Carmilla NP3, and Liz.  I don't think my other options would be worthwhile against Ibaraki.  Unfortunately due to cost limitations I need to run cheap servants in the back row to fit all the 5* CEs.

Any ideas?

Besides stalling out, I'm wondering if Okita would be better to use in your frontline as your 2nd damage dealer. She generates stars like mad and more crits really improves your chances. I bet she would help salvage more of those "dead turns," the ones where the cards you draw are sub-optimal to your current plans. Jalter and Gil are a bit redundant in terms of their roles (primary MLB-Shana dmg) so I wouldn't put both in. Try Okita with a Carp maybe, or the other Shana-Oh and have her help support Jalter or Gil. I'd also put George instead of Angra since George can also taunt and should be the same cost.

Well, congrats.

Haha, thanks. Got her on the 4th event ticket so I can now be in drunken peace for 2 weeks. That feeling of cautious optimism as the gold sparkles appear and the class card was revealed to be Assassin... gacha/gambling is still shitty. The highs are quite high, but the lows are pretty low and far too common.

I'm still running the Orion/Waver/Tamamo comp and it's... stable. Objectively, it's not boring, but I range between 4.5m dmg to the 6m kill, the latter occurs maybe 1 out of 5 times. The Tamamos I'm using usually have the +3 Gourd on instead of Carp so my Gourd efficiency is +100%, but I don't get a kill every time. I waste 4 or 5 turns each run killing the hands with normal attacks.... so maybe I should swap George or the backline Cu for an AoE servant. Just me rambling, but I appreciate how the numbers work out for this raid and that fine tuning your runs has made the team-building relevant compared to every other event.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #335 on: May 20, 2018, 10:19:09 AM »
I'm honestly not sure how I can get into the 3BPs, mostly because I'm pretty shite at levelling my Servants and only have a few more than halfway up third Ascension. I don't think I'll pull it off while she's on Caster mode, since my only single-target heavy damage Rider is Ushi, and I don't really have a good footing when it comes to stall/defensive Servants. I'm wagering whether I should swap out Mr. George for David or D'Eon.

Also yay for losing 8 BP because I tried the 3BP twice and only lasted around 10 turns even with save scumming, then two more just now because I'm a bloody derp and forgot I was doing the dailies.

Also also, apparently the banana's not immune to ID. If you pull off the miracle, it counts the entire life bar, so you'd burn down 6M in one shot in both the damage tree and the banana's health if you pulled it off in the 3 BP. Probably best saved for Rider day, though, since you'd probably have to stack two Assassin Shikis and a Saber Shiki, all with level 10 Mystic Eyes to have even the smallest chance to nail her on her Lines of Death.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #336 on: May 20, 2018, 10:58:56 AM »
Earned a Summon Ticket from beating up Ibaraki

Used it on Event Summon

Got Shuten.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #337 on: May 20, 2018, 01:20:57 PM »
Earned a Summon Ticket from beating up Ibaraki

Used it on Event Summon

Got Shuten.

Dude, I literally spent two days ago a ticket just because yes. I didn't expected anything really, just to use one.

Rainbow sparks.

Shuten.

Bless your luck man. Gratz.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

« Reply #338 on: May 20, 2018, 03:05:39 PM »
The only notable thing I've gotten from my summon tickets lately is Siegfried, who I hear is unfortunately just not very good :derp:
I mean its still decent for me because I literally have only one other saber so far and it's Gilles, but wow my luck
Spoiler:
unpopular opinion here but im not interested in Shuten at all I just want Kintoki
[/size]
----------

In other news I don't think I'm going to be tackling 3BP at all until the eventual rerun. I have all the necessary servants to potentially kill her with the F2P Robin Hood strategy, but because I only started playing recently - nowhere near the necessary amount of ascension/skill up materials in order to do so.

I'm fine with 2BP though as long as I remain able to consistently off her in one turn after dealing with the hands. I know I won't be able to clear out the shop doing only 2BP but I can get most of what I care about at least.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:12:24 PM by Rei Scarlette »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #339 on: May 20, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »
Besides stalling out, I'm wondering if Okita would be better to use in your frontline as your 2nd damage dealer. She generates stars like mad and more crits really improves your chances. I bet she would help salvage more of those "dead turns," the ones where the cards you draw are sub-optimal to your current plans. Jalter and Gil are a bit redundant in terms of their roles (primary MLB-Shana dmg) so I wouldn't put both in. Try Okita with a Carp maybe, or the other Shana-Oh and have her help support Jalter or Gil. I'd also put George instead of Angra since George can also taunt and should be the same cost.

I took your advice and while I'm not quite winning with the success rate I want, I can at least beat it without command seals with your setup.  Thank you!  (I also swapped out plugsuit for Chaldea Standard, which I haven't determined is better yet or not)

What I really should be doing is leveling up a Cu Chulainn to replace Ushi for that OP evade.  That would probably give me a guaranteed win since I could just stall out the last few turns if absolutely necessary.

« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2018, 05:00:53 PM »
In other news I don't think I'm going to be tackling 3BP at all until the eventual rerun. I have all the necessary servants to potentially kill her with the F2P Robin Hood strategy, but because I only started playing recently - nowhere near the necessary amount of ascension/skill up materials in order to do so.

I'm fine with 2BP though as long as I remain able to consistently off her in one turn after dealing with the hands. I know I won't be able to clear out the shop doing only 2BP but I can get most of what I care about at least.
Actually clearing the shop is best to do the highest difficulty you can with as many gourd drop bonus CE, which usually is 2BP. :V

« Reply #341 on: May 20, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »
Actually clearing the shop is best to do the highest difficulty you can with as many gourd drop bonus CE, which usually is 2BP. :V
Whooooooops I totally derped out while writing that, it was late and I was tired, my bad. What I actually meant instead was the damage rewards, I probably won't be able to hit 300 million doing only 2BP I think, but most of the other things I care about come way before the 300 mark.

But if there's a good chance I'll be able to clear out the shop, that is good news to me, I wasn't certain if I could do that or not but I was gonna certainly try for it.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #342 on: May 21, 2018, 02:39:29 AM »
Boy oh frickin' boy the arms buff the banana's attack now. Please don't let this be a constant thing for the remainder of the days.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #343 on: May 21, 2018, 06:04:01 AM »
The best part about Assassin Day is that since most of the defensive Servants have at least two Arts cards, you can bring in Medea and just spam RULE BREAKER all over the place.

EDIT: I'm glad I swapped over to D'Eon as my primary tank. Beautiful Appearance can basically hard counter the banana's first Heretic Prayer and Great Grudge of Rashomon if you're running any Mystic Code that has evade/invuln. Two literally free turns with only the first having any sort of potential threat to the party (and even then, the banana has to cast one of her two AoEs to do anything) does wonders for your damage/NP output. (Plus, we've already passed Archer Day, so they only need to worry about getting nuked by Berserker Day and the few turns of possible Kritskrieg from the banana herself.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:13:24 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Edible

« Reply #344 on: May 21, 2018, 09:12:19 PM »
In lieu of spending resources on Shuten who did not appear, I got Mash to 10/10/10 and full ATK/HP.

Good girl, best kouhai.

Edible

« Reply #345 on: May 22, 2018, 01:40:08 PM »
The game appears to be telling me that I should stop throwing all the tickets/quartz I can grind up at this banner, because I just got my 5th copy of the 5* gacha event CE.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #346 on: May 22, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
Meanwhile I've been saving up my leftover quartz for the grinding hell that is the Journey to the West event. :V

yuyukos

« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2018, 12:06:01 AM »
the grinding hell that is the Journey to the West event. :V
godddddddddddddddd damnitttttt what a terrible event.
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

« Reply #348 on: May 23, 2018, 05:42:45 AM »
3BP with my low-tier, not-fully-leveled, F2P budget team may have been the most stressful thing I've even done in a mobile game, never again  :derp:

https://my.mixtape.moe/gcovuh.jpg

I'll stick to 2BP for the rest of the event because I'm certain now that I can't do better in 3BP unless I burn 3 command spells on NPs

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2018, 08:50:15 AM »
Blugh, Altera isn't enough of a stat stick to make up for the fact that she has an AoE NP. I think I'm gonna have to keep on keeping on with Medea for my hammer, since my only single-target Saber is Caesar, and while he's decent, he has negative survivability.

Move eternally forward,

Edible

« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2018, 09:23:32 PM »
Getting Mash maxed out was a huge boost to my 3BP success rate.  Ibaraki usually chews through Waver, but rarely gets past Mash now (and she's even better at keeping Jalter/Okita alive).

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #351 on: May 24, 2018, 01:54:25 AM »
Saber Day; arms are back to self-buffing, but Left Arm is again outsped by the banana.

Also, can you imagine the carnage this event would have had if Robin Hood still had his original JP NP behavior? Paired with Shuten's NP, 6M would have been easy pickings.

(Also, 1.5M burst aside, Medea still outstrips Robin in damage for me, which is weird.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 02:41:44 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #352 on: May 24, 2018, 02:51:25 AM »
Hoo boy, Saber day... I've been far too reliant on the Scathach/Nero Bride/Waver frontline combo for 3BP to really figure out another strategy, how do I do this in a way that doesn't make me hate myself? I experimented with a Nero Bride/Emiya/Waver combo, and while I managed to survive and Emiya managed to nuke the hands before they can really do anything dangerous (i.e. cast the NP charge on death buff), NP3 and all, I didn't exactly manage to kill Ibaraki.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #353 on: May 24, 2018, 06:01:53 AM »
Graduated to 2BP and consistently winning.

Currently using l75 Iskandar w/ LB'd Shana, L60 Shieldy w/ Carp, Support L90ish Waver preferably w/ a LB'd Carp.  Backline has d'Eon w/ LB'd Carp, the other two are basically irrelevant as they hold booze boosters as their CE's.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #354 on: May 25, 2018, 04:28:31 AM »
Rider Day, yo. Hope you're prepared for it. Hope your Casters are prepared for it, anyway.

Attack order: Right -> Ibaraki -> Left

Arm specials: self: cleanse; Ibaraki: NP charge; enemy: NP drain

Ibaraki special: NP gain down
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:25:50 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2018, 05:15:02 AM »
No pls.

Riders proved to be my nightmare.
I can't farm them too efficiently. I would need to wait for Berserkers...
And that would be hell already.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2018, 06:26:45 AM »
Modified tactics

Frontline-- l77 Iskandar w/ LB'd Shana, l60 Shieldy w/ Carp, L90-100 JAlter w/ LB'd Shana
Backline-- l70 d'Eon w/ LB'd Carp, Cu w/ another Carp, and Kiyohime to gather more booze

Go pure aggro and straight for banana, ignore the hands.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #357 on: May 25, 2018, 07:21:01 AM »
Since we're talking setups, here's the ridiculous shit I'm using:

Shiki (Assassin)/Waver (SUPPORT)/D'Eon/Medea Lily/Mash/Irisviel

since I can't use Medea against Riders.

My whole early strategy focuses on keeping Shiki and D'Eon alive at least until the first string of NPs from the banana. As long as D'Eon doesn't die before Left Arm charges, I can block both the first Heretic Prayer and Grudge of Rashomon since I use the basic Chaldea Mystic Code instead of the "normal" plugsuit because I need healing. Waver and D'Eon definitely die to Blustering Threat (Shiki survives thanks to Eye of the Mind), and then it's literally panic and try not to get wiped.

I only cleave about half of the banana's health, and often am just left with a single Servant on literal fumes thanks to Iris. Usually less.

EDIT: I just noticed that the hands will prioritize clearing their debuffs when they have a non-NP turn, so maybe a team that keeps them clearing debuffs will help on 3BP?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:42:34 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

yuyukos

« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2018, 10:15:49 PM »
Forums are back so I can complain about the announced Journey to the West event for English fgo. Just like jp it's right after banana bully event ends.
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2018, 10:17:48 PM »
Forums are back so I can complain about the announced Journey to the West event for English fgo. Just like jp it's right after banana bully event ends.

Don't forget they increased the amount of shares or likes just for 3 SQ...

Well, here comes my most hated event...