Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order: 3rd Anniversary  (Read 142437 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Fate/Choco Order 2.018: Bananarama
« Reply #300 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »
Struck out on Shuten, alas.  Can't complain, I've had pretty good gacha luck overall.

This event is gonna be a loooong grind...

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2018, 11:51:40 AM »
Also, guts becomes super useless on this event, or so I?ve heard, making Iri a pretty poor choice of servant. Something about how Ibaraki?s NP can remove it before it even triggers at all.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:15:26 PM by AzyWng »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2018, 12:14:56 PM »
Also, guts becomes super useless on this event, or so I?ve heard, making Iri a pretty poor choice of servant. Something about how Shuten?s NP can remove it before it even triggers at all.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Do you mean Ibaraki? Shuten's the one in blue.

The flow seems to work along this path: Deal damage->Apply debuff and remove buffs->check death. This results in guts being useless, and invul/evade only blocking the NP.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #303 on: May 16, 2018, 01:10:02 PM »
Is it okay to stick to the 2BP one for the time being? With only one Shana-oh CE as of now, that's the one I can comfortably clear.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »
Is it okay to stick to the 2BP one for the time being? With only one Shana-oh CE as of now, that's the one I can comfortably clear.

Stick to whatever you can comfortably clear, 1BP if you have to. Failure still burns your BP, so just stick with what you won't fail.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2018, 01:59:44 PM »
Rolled 3x10 for drunk loli oni, received just some craft essences. Now we bully the banana. :V
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2018, 09:40:11 PM »
"Oh hey, I have 2 Shana-oh and 1 Golden CE now, maybe I'll borrow a Golden-equipped Waver from my friend list and see how 3BP goes..."

"Oh holy carp barely managed to get away with it"

Such is the story of a slightly overconfident derp. :V

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
« Reply #307 on: May 17, 2018, 01:42:18 AM »
Are we having a derp-measuring contest?

I thought any damage you inflicted on Ibaraki counted, even if you didn?t finish the quest!

I think I lost like 6 whole perfectly fine BP before I came out of my stupor.

I win.

« Reply #308 on: May 17, 2018, 02:17:26 AM »
Are we having a derp-measuring contest?

I thought any damage you inflicted on Ibaraki counted, even if you didn?t finish the quest!

I think I lost like 6 whole perfectly fine BP before I came out of my stupor.

I win.
Don't worry, this is probably the last time this will happen, the rest of the raid event will count the damage done as long as you don't retreat.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #309 on: May 17, 2018, 03:11:50 AM »
This event counts damage only if you kill Ibaraki or hit the turn limit.

Also, god we haven't even dealt a third of her health yet this bar. I know it will accelerate a bit once everyone's MLB'ed the Yoshitsune CE and have a couple of Carps, but we're moving real slow, I think.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

AzyWng

« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2018, 03:21:34 AM »
I've decided, ah, maybe I would like a third golden assassin as well (Not counting Shiki since not getting her would've required me to fall asleep during the whole Garden of Order event and thankfully I didn't do that).

It'll match up perfectly with my three golden berserkers: Heracles, Lancelot, and Fran.

Fun fact! Lancelot's still at level 1!

One of 2 10-rolls using Free Quartz:

1 Ryudoji Temple
2 Ushiwakamarus
1 Romulus
1 Eurayle
1 Mooncell Automaton
1 Darius III
1 Love Potion
1 Code Cast (NEW!)
and 1 A Fox Night's Dream (NEW!)

Two of 2 10-rolls using Free Quartz:
1 Anchors Aweigh
1 Alexander
1 Stuffed Lion
1 Divine Banquet
1 Jin Ke
1 Verdant Sound of Destruction (NEW!)
1 Burning Tale of Love (NEW!)
1 David
1 Eurayle
1 Self Geas Scroll

Summon Tickets (5 used out of 5)
1 Reciting the Subscription List
1 Jin Ke
1 Billy The Kid
1 Mana Gauge
1 Demon Boar

I was half-expecting an outcome like that, to be honest.

I'm not happy about it, but I'm not also not surprised. At least some of the Craft Essences seem cool...

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2018, 05:48:11 AM »
Got 2 Shana's.  Tried the 2BP difficulty again.  Recruited a Waver with another Shana...

Got wrecked. 

(Did I mention I hate Berserkers.)

Screw it, I'm sticking to 1BP from here on out.

« Reply #312 on: May 17, 2018, 05:57:59 AM »
*randomly popping in*

So, I have one little question, because I don't really understand this event - I'd probably have a better understanding after trying it out, but actually I can't quite participate just yet, halfway through clearing America right now. Anyways, I'm sure you guys know much more about it than I do -

Right now my strongest servant is a level 80 Assassin Emiya, and the closest behind him is Irisviel at level 51, and a level 43 Proto Cu.
Is this event going to completely destroy me, or will I be able to do something on at least the lowest difficulty?  :derp:

I only started playing somewhat recently so I've not really had time to try and fully level anything more than just one servant so far.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #313 on: May 17, 2018, 06:24:28 AM »
Wew. Managed to do a 3 BP stall with a MLB Ushi CE and one Carp.
[attach=1]
Used the recommended Orion/Waver/Tamamo stall comp with Mashu, Georgios, and Cu backline. Waver died about 5 turns in when everything hit him including the left arm NP. Orion died about 3 turns later when the right arm NPed... and I didn't bloody know it was an AoE NP. Had the Mashu Taunt/Invul up thinking everything would be good.

And then down to the home stretch:
[attach=2]
I burned 2 command seals to have Cu NP each arm. Along with the Gandr stun and then activating Cu's dodge, barely clutched it out. I'll wait till I get a few more Carp and my seals regenerate before I try that again.

By the way, Guts is still useful for non-NP Ibaraki turns because one of the turns before, she one shot Cu with a crit hit.

I spent 90 quartz and got 2 5* CEs, 1 4* CE and my 2nd Fran. No sultry drunk oni unless I get lucky with the event tickets. :(

Lastly, any of you on my friend's list, can you leave one of your supports with the +50 bond CE on during events? (I know ditt did). I always find it illogical during events when people give every single servant of theirs an event CE. Chances are only 1-3 of your possible servants will get picked for the event (Caster and All usually). Why put a Carp on that lvl 40 Robin Hood which has a 0% chance of being picked? Put the bond CE on him, or the Friend Point CE on him and that 0% is now non-zero. Since AP isn't really getting used this event, I still need to use AP up farming embers or mats.

Is this event going to completely destroy me, or will I be able to do something on at least the lowest difficulty?  :derp:

The lowest difficulty I think has Ibaraki at 300k hp. Any friend you use with a Lvl 80+ attacker and an Ushi CE can singlehandedly carry you. The medium difficulty (2 BP) is 1 million HP and can eventually be done once you balance out how to support your high level attacker. You would either call in a Lvl 80+ friend attacker and support him with Irisviel and Hans Andersen. Or you can try to make Emiya your attacker and borrow a Lvl 90 Zhuge Liang/Waver to buff Emiya.

My ID is 252,310,197. This is an open invitation to all. I've got 5 spots open now so I'll check in and see if people want to get added if you let me know your ingame name.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 06:26:01 AM by Kiro »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #314 on: May 17, 2018, 07:07:12 AM »
Somehow I managed to get a Carp via a random drop vs the 1BP Ibaraki.  Yay!

« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2018, 07:15:48 AM »

Lastly, any of you on my friend's list, can you leave one of your supports with the +50 bond CE on during events? (I know ditt did). I always find it illogical during events when people give every single servant of theirs an event CE. Chances are only 1-3 of your possible servants will get picked for the event (Caster and All usually). Why put a Carp on that lvl 40 Robin Hood which has a 0% chance of being picked? Put the bond CE on him, or the Friend Point CE on him and that 0% is now non-zero. Since AP isn't really getting used this event, I still need to use AP up farming embers or mats.

Must save for summer, so no extra drop CE from me. :V

My ID is 087,078,089. My support is meh, please tell me your IGN if you want to add me. :blush:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:22:14 AM by ditt93 »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2018, 09:28:53 AM »
Somehow I managed to get a Carp via a random drop vs the 1BP Ibaraki.  Yay!
And then I get another Shana to drop in the same way.  Yay for cards (I'm probably not going to use after the event)!

Scored a Blat-- Blev-- Russian loli with my Summon Ticket reward.

« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2018, 05:05:52 PM »
I've reached 100M damage points, still no CE drop. I want to go back and farm 1M for gourds but Ibaraki is currently only around 50%.  Doing 6M is a tiring game of save/load and choosing the result that is best for me.:ohdear:

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2018, 09:11:27 PM »
My ID is 252,310,197. This is an open invitation to all. I've got 5 spots open now so I'll check in and see if people want to get added if you let me know your ingame name.
My in-game name is Kasu if you're still looking to add people.

Also, if anyone else doesn't have me but wants to add me, my ID is 836,681,458.

Anyway, not confident enough to try out the third raid quest again after yesterday's fiasco. That said, with all the JAlters running around with the 200% damage increase, taking out the 1M Ibaraki is super easy. It helps that I've got Waver and Drake backing her up though.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:13:56 PM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2018, 12:35:27 AM »
Actually came pretty close to killing the 3BP one now that I have a MLB Shana-Oh and 3 Golden CEs . Just need to refine my strategy a bit more now, and getting better RNG would probably help too.

« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2018, 01:15:59 AM »
The lowest difficulty I think has Ibaraki at 300k hp. Any friend you use with a Lvl 80+ attacker and an Ushi CE can singlehandedly carry you. The medium difficulty (2 BP) is 1 million HP and can eventually be done once you balance out how to support your high level attacker. You would either call in a Lvl 80+ friend attacker and support him with Irisviel and Hans Andersen. Or you can try to make Emiya your attacker and borrow a Lvl 90 Zhuge Liang/Waver to buff Emiya.

Cool, thanks for the advice. Just finished clearing out the story last night, so I'll try my hand at this and see what I can do.

I should probably leave my ID here too then - I wouldn't say I have any particularly great servants or CEs for said servants just yet, but if anyone wants to add me, I've got like 44 slots open  :derp:
My ID is 039,794,959
Level 80 Assassin Emiya is perhaps the only noteworthy thing I have on support right now, I think?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:24:51 AM by Rei Scarlette »

AzyWng

« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2018, 01:17:36 AM »
Well, I suppose I'll post my own friend code here, too (if I haven't already). I believe my username is Crazed, but I can't recall and I can't see where the username is (unless it's the same as the master name, in which case I'm Arthur). My friend code is 342,370,712.

I have Jack and Heracles in my list of support servants, so if you want/need either of those folks as part of your team, go ahead and add me. Can't recall how many slots I have left, though.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:19:44 AM by AzyWng »

« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2018, 03:23:47 AM »
Hard difficulty is still a bit too much for me, but I'm now able to clear medium quite comfortably. Big thanks to you guys who added me too, you all do some insane amount of damage to her

I have my first copy of the Shana-oh CE now, so I stuck it on Emiya. That oughtta make him actually more helpful as a support, now. Which is nice, since he's about all I have to offer lol

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2018, 10:28:21 AM »
Well okay then; we're nearly done with Day 1, and it looks as though that now we have a few MLB Shana-Ohs lying around all over the place, we're actually on pace to avoid seeing what happens if we somehow fail to wipe out the banana in time.

In other news, reminder that if you want those damn Crystallized Lores at the end of the damage tree, you're going to have to force decent progress out of the 3BP quests, since we simply do not have enough possible BP without Quartz to do 300 L2 raids.

Also remember the Class for the drunks and the Hands of Doomy Doom are going to change tomorrow with the dailies! Make sure you swap out your Support CEs and your offense Servants then!
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2018, 02:18:18 PM »
I don't need to swap when all I need is [Your friend's] Jalter!
And I just got a Shana drop from the chase quest, feels lucky.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »
I'm having some trouble beating 3BP reliably without command seals.  Just can't quite hit the 6M threshold.

Current lineup is Jalter (Shana) / Gilgamesh (MLB Shana) / Friend Waver (Carp) / Mash (Carp) / Angra (Carp) / Ushiwakamaru (Carp).

Other potential options are Okita, Carmilla NP3, and Liz.  I don't think my other options would be worthwhile against Ibaraki.  Unfortunately due to cost limitations I need to run cheap servants in the back row to fit all the 5* CEs.

Any ideas?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2018, 07:38:16 PM »
I'm having some trouble beating 3BP reliably without command seals.  Just can't quite hit the 6M threshold.

If you can't just kill Ibaraki and her ridiculous 6M of HP, just go for surviving.
Make a setup just to survive AND cause some damage. Here some tips.

1st: The hands can be quite a problem, believe it or not. Their NP can time you really badly if you don't take care of them. (Like, right when there's only one turn left for C?'s evade to be available again)
2nd: Don't bang your head too much in killing Ibaraki, and don't feel bad about not managing to do so. Most people are just surviving against her, doing around 4M of damage, or maybe 5M. Some, of course, kill her, but not everyone can.
3rd: Personally, what I did for the Archers one was taking a taunt/evade team and having a support being the main damage dealer. I used Leonidas, C?, C? Alter (Support), Mashu, C? Proto and David. All of them with defensive skills. This leads me to the 4th point.
4th: Just in case you dont' know, Ibaraki's NP removes all buffs AFTER the damage calculation. This means you can survive if you have an evade applied to the targeted servant. This can be tricky sometimes, however, as having Guts applied too at that moment can screw the strategy a bit. You need to plan the timings a bit.

All in all, I could deal some decent damage to her with this setup. Mostly leaving her at 2.5M or 1.5M before the turn limit hits.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

« Reply #327 on: May 19, 2018, 05:38:03 AM »
No sultry drunk oni unless I get lucky with the event tickets. :(

Well, congrats.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #328 on: May 19, 2018, 06:13:25 AM »
Out of curiosity, how useful is Personal Training in general?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #329 on: May 19, 2018, 10:27:45 AM »
Out of curiosity, how useful is Personal Training in general?
Decent. MLBed, it's a 10% buff to EXP if it's anywhere in the party, which stacks if you somehow have a friend with one (as with Mona Lisa). That said, there's a level cap, so once you get there, it's utterly worthless until we hit Shinjuku and the level cap goes up.

Bring it to any 40 AP daily for best effect.

Back on banana news, Hassou Tobi is actually pretty brutal against her thanks to Tengu's Strategy bringing it faster; it's just too bad her survivability is relatively low, and I don't think I can manage bringing her in on the 3BP. At this rate, I may just have to wait until Lancer day and beat her with my stat stick Altera.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:06:57 PM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,