Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208422 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #750 on: January 18, 2020, 04:53:46 AM »
The challenge quest basically came down to grinding out attempts until Arjuna had an NP that didn't insta-kill two of my characters, and then I had an especially good run where my new Meltryllis basically beat the whole quest for me. I had Hokusai on my bench to deal with Brynnhild and didn't even end up needing her. Meltryllis is such a weird character, her damage is kinda bad but she makes it work somehow a lot of the time.

I'm vaguely considering spent my ticket on Circe since I still don't have a good single target Caster, but I'm probably just gonna end up getting an Astolfo NP level.
It's all the buff stacks. Crit Stars on Skill 1, an Attack buff on Skill 2, an NP buff on Skill 3, and a Quick buff on NP. If you can keep chaining NPQQ Braves, she can meteor mash anything. Assuming, of course, that Defense debuff doesn't end you early.

Hell, she's one of the few characters that can manage a four-bar against Cheaty McCheatFace.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #751 on: January 18, 2020, 07:51:51 AM »
In terms of needs, I need none of them.  I've got every class reasonably covered.

I'm leaning towards LAlter (Story-locked/Arturia option), Marie (Rider/Starter option), and Parvati (Costume option)

- - - -

Challenge Quest line-up: Illya, Eggplant, Support Merlin, Beebs, Fran, Herc.

I let Illya nuke Arjuna (MLB Kaleidoscope and 1 command seal), let Arash nuke himself as the support Merlin Invulned everyone.  Then let everyone beatdown Bryn and JAlter.  Barely survived as JAlter hits like a Mac Truck.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #752 on: January 20, 2020, 04:20:56 AM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #753 on: January 20, 2020, 02:07:46 PM »
Where's my banana at? I need more candy goblin NP levels pronto!
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #754 on: January 21, 2020, 06:49:46 AM »
Some notes about the event...

No Event Shop, Currency, or the like.  No event CEs in the Gacha either.
No Support Servants.  You must rely on your own servants.
There is a Fatigue mechanic for the event.  You can't bulldoze the tower with just your best servants.

^ Banana is always on a rate-up in the event Gacha... along with Gamer Inferno.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #755 on: January 21, 2020, 03:15:30 PM »
Man I knew keeping and raising all of my Gold servants instead of burning them for Rare Prisms would come back to help me eventually

Time to conquer an Archer-based Challenge quest with a Medusa Lily/Finn/Li Shuwen team
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #756 on: January 21, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »
I just burned my first 4* (a third or fourth copy of Siegfried) to get a rare prism for Mona Lisa, which I didn't realize got added to the mana prism shop permanently. I assumed you had to buy all five copies at once. If I had thought to look that up I would have been using non-MLB copies forever, but now I have three anyway.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #757 on: January 21, 2020, 04:50:49 PM »
Man I knew keeping and raising all of my Gold servants instead of burning them for Rare Prisms would come back to help me eventually

Time to conquer an Archer-based Challenge quest with a Medusa Lily/Finn/Li Shuwen team
Not sure if you're referring to multiple copies of the same servant or not, but apparently if you have multiple copies of an exhausted servant, they get exhausted as well.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #758 on: January 22, 2020, 01:50:02 AM »
Nah, I have not had the good fortune to have any non-even Gold Servant get higher than NP3.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #759 on: January 22, 2020, 08:40:48 PM »
Not sure if you're referring to multiple copies of the same servant or not, but apparently if you have multiple copies of an exhausted servant, they get exhausted as well.
I think he's referring to some players who'll burn unpopular servants like Stheno or Arjuna for RP rather than keep them.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #760 on: January 23, 2020, 12:07:37 AM »
RE: Stheno, I am still fuming over every single person that asked SoberOni why he did a servant review of a Rare Prism >:|

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #761 on: January 23, 2020, 04:05:03 AM »
I think he's referring to some players who'll burn unpopular servants like Stheno or Arjuna for RP rather than keep them.
Ah, alright then. Sounds like a bit of a dumb thing to do, but then again I just like having gold servants, sooooo.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #762 on: January 23, 2020, 04:20:57 AM »
So I was going to get Pavarti off the ticket because nearly all my Lancers are at max level already. One last roll on the Jalter banner later:

> KScope
> Karna
> Emiya

... I think the game's trying to tell me something.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:24:57 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #763 on: January 23, 2020, 04:50:24 AM »
Get Parvati anyway, Sakura best girl

As for me, I got myself a brand new shiny robomom
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:56:02 AM by Kilgamayan »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #764 on: January 23, 2020, 07:59:12 AM »
Get Parvati anyway, Sakura best girl

As for me, I got myself a brand new shiny robomom
I sense another robo-girl somewhere is getting a little jealous...

Picked LAlter.  Though if I want all the Saberfaces it'll likely prove to be an expensive affair as they're all 5*'s and limited...
Pavarti can wait 'til the next free 4* later this year.
I'm also experiencing a major shortage of feathers, dust, and bones.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #765 on: January 23, 2020, 02:01:59 PM »
Based on what my account is missing I definitely should have picked either Circe or Sheba, and I do like both of their designs a lot, buuuut... Astolfo gets a big bonus going from NP1 to NP2!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #766 on: January 24, 2020, 03:27:53 AM »
I ended up picking Circe since I wanted a Caster with a single target Buster NP.

So with that said, I forgot to take into account that this means I'm going to need more stakes than ever if I ever wanna max out both her skills and Sheba's. ;>;

« Reply #767 on: January 24, 2020, 04:20:42 AM »
I ended up taking Berserker Lancelot with mine. A friend and I had near identical setups for the lottery, the main difference being I own a Gilgamesh but he owns a Waver. We took each others supports, and the rest of our team was the same except I had to use my Raikou while he was able to use his Zerkelot.

I was beyond impressed by Zerkelot's performance tbh and I wished that I had my own, it was a far more consistent 3T setup than what I could manage on my end. Since I'm going all-in for Skadi when she comes around anyways, I felt like it was a good choice.

It was either between him or Salter who is waifu a/f but unfortunately falls short of my NP3 sumanai. So I couldn't justify taking her when Zerkelot is also one of my favorite servants too.

HOWEVER he just ate 168 dragon fangs right at the moment when I was finally feeling like I was out of fang hell. You never really leave fang hell  :getdown:

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #768 on: January 24, 2020, 04:33:02 AM »
Decided to take care of my Rate-up missions...  Just finished the last of the eight 3-arrow NP strengthen missions.
Now I'm looking at 16 5-arrow skill unlock missions...

killme

Plus I have 7 Interludes to do too, but those can wait if their rewards are just SQ.
And there's the stuff for LAlter and COOOL that needs to be unlocked...
And whatever else that shows up after taking care of the current crop of Rate-ups and some Interludes...

<sob>

Well...  At least some of those 300 gold apples are being put to use.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #769 on: January 28, 2020, 08:54:39 PM »
Cleared the 100th floor earlier this afternoon. Got through by the skin of my teeth because I couldn't be assed to wait another hour or so for Sanzang to get out of the water and cheese the whole fight.

The Challenge Quest is...actually quite challenging! I went in with double cheese type advantage but the gimmick is crazy annoying to get around and the boss just has a ridiculously large total HP pool even without the gimmick. Had to blow a Command Seal full revive and even then it was somewhat close. (I did no research beforehand but I feel like I wouldn't have made any team changes even if I had.) It is entirely possible that the event CE's attack bonus still applies to the Challenge Quest, though; if it does, then I am a massive goober that didn't think to use it and deserve mockification accordingly.

I am having a lot of fun with the resource management aspect of the event, though. Honestly, now that I've had a taste of it, I want to see it a lot more often. It's given me no end of excuses to go through Servants I don't normally use (even max level gold ones), and seeing Nitocris and Astolfo of all people turn into Push Button Receive Victory has been an utter delight. A shame they can't do it more than once every two hours at best.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 08:57:00 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #770 on: January 28, 2020, 11:19:17 PM »
Event CEs usually do work on associated challenge quests I think, right? Or is that only sometimes?

I've been having a ton of fun with this event so far, although needing to play a bunch first thing after getting up to make best use of my cooldowns is kind of annoying.

Meanwhile, am I the only one who didn't realize Shuten's voice actress is Aoi Yuki? She plays Anime Jesus *and* the Booze Devil!

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #771 on: January 29, 2020, 03:50:14 AM »
She's Okita Souji, too. They also dragged her into a recording booth to scream at a mic for the purposes of giving Primordial Mom voice lines.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #772 on: January 29, 2020, 04:32:13 AM »
Almost to Floor 70 as I've been pacing myself, but I landed myself a Raikou on the obligatory 10-pull and that makes me incredibly happy.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #773 on: January 29, 2020, 04:53:11 AM »
I just threw a ticket at the Setsubun banner and NP4'd Tamamo wtf

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #774 on: January 29, 2020, 06:31:46 AM »
Bested the first 100.  Cleared out most of my Rank-ups too

I'll probably throw at least one 10-roll at the Raikou-Golden banner.  (NP2 Raikou, yay! New Golden, yay!)  though...
I'm not sure if I want to make much of an effort on either that one or the JtR/Semi Valentine's banner (or just start saving for summer) looking forward to the next GSSR.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 06:42:05 AM by Aya Reiko »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #775 on: January 29, 2020, 01:52:58 PM »
I was saving up a little for this banner in anticipation of Ibaraki NP levels. Spent the 30 pulls that I had, which I know isn't a ton, and did get an extra Ibaraki so that's cool. When I saw that gold berserker card I didn't know what to hope for, the candy goblin I was there for or Raikou, but I would have been happy either way obviously.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #776 on: January 30, 2020, 04:44:08 AM »
Beat the Challenge Quest w/ AoE lancers and a Shishou.  Used 2 CS's on Scathach at the end just to shut Gamer Inferno up and finish her off.

Got nothing of note rolling for Raikou/Golden other than NP2 Banana and my first Devilish Bod.

Back to the tower.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:52:29 AM by Aya Reiko »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #777 on: January 30, 2020, 02:21:36 PM »
I got my first Devilish Bodhisattva not too long ago too and it's become one of my most used CEs very quickly. Obviously it's only great on aggressive teams and certain units, but when it's good it's optimal.

So what floor is everyone on? What's considered good pace for the tower? I'm chugging along pretty steadily but I don't know what to expect for the last handful of floors.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #778 on: January 30, 2020, 03:54:53 PM »
I'm in the mid-80s in
Spoiler:
Tower 2 Electric Boogaloo
and that's with getting a bit lackadaisical over the past 24 hours or so. I probably could have cleared it by now if I had put in more effort yesterday.

Floor 10 was oddly challenging, particularly compared to the boss floors that have come since. I did get party wiped on 80 due to bad
Spoiler:
Drake PotS
timing luck, though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #779 on: January 30, 2020, 10:51:34 PM »
Enkidu handled the challenge quest pretty easily, although I think I got a little lucky with who got target focused each time. Vlad Lancer also put in a ton of work, I've been really impressed by him. It probably would have gone a little smoother if I had brought Astolfo as my main attacker instead of Enkidu, but this way was at least safe even though I ended up stumbling around forever finishing off the stragglers.