Author Topic: Touhou 15 「東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom」 Patch 1.00b released  (Read 218161 times)

To be more specific, because putting it that way is really confusing, to get a life/bomb piece you need to get one million points from the Chapter Bonus, which is:
Code: [Select]
bonus = graze ? % enemies killed ? 50100% shoot down ratio and 200 graze yields 200 ? 100 ? 50 = 1000000 points, for example. However, going for graze is often safer and more bountiful than trying to kill every enemy.

That is way more confusing. You need to 200 graze at 100% kills, and proportionally more if you kill less, ie: 400 graze at 50%. It's incredibly simple, enough to allow you to math it out on the fly if you need to.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:57:23 PM by Clarste »

http://puu.sh/jO883.png
Encountered a bug where you can't shoot Junko in Extra Stage. What happened was I used a bomb before timing out Hecatia's Lunatic Impact spellcard. Don't know if this happens on other nonspells.

Can anyone confirm this?
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

Yeah I'd say this is very relevant. And I'm honestly surprised no one seems to know when ZUN went from circles to squares to circles again.

Although I'm pretty sure SA also had boxes, as Drake once put out this nightmarish patch for the game that (I think) removed the bullet art and just left black squares behind.
Can't say that I knew, but I'm not really surprised about hitbox changes. In Zil's example, everyone calls PoFV Sakuya's knives BS, yet no one bats an eye for Kanako's knives in MoF. Also the circle bullets now kill you at the slightest contact with the sprite, when in SA you could almost be full hitbox inside one and not die

I'm more interested about what Drake said of the way collision is handled, I wonder if this is why the yin-yang in ISC made your hitbox smaller only for lasers, but not regular bullets

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

http://puu.sh/jO883.png
Encountered a bug where you can't shoot Junko in Extra Stage. What happened was I used a bomb before timing out Hecatia's Lunatic Impact spellcard. Don't know if this happens on other nonspells.

Can anyone confirm this?
Yep, just tried it, and if you bomb just before Lunatic Impact times out, Junko becomes invincible and unshootable during the following non-spell. Resulted in a very nice Game Over for me on that run, because I have almost no luck getting through those super-dense rings, and I usually bomb there. But, I ran out of resources well before that non-spell could time out. Replay link.

Also, another glitch which I mentioned in a different thread earlier: That very non-spell of Junko's doesn't give a "Chapter Finish" bonus when you complete it, even though it resets the chapter graze counter when the next spell card starts. That resulted in me not getting an extra life that I desperately needed when I was at 0 lives and 4/5 life pieces in another run. Replay link.

Oh, and one other very minor thing: The 1-up you get for capturing Doremy Sweet's third spell in the Extra Stage doesn't make the usual 1-up sound effect when you collect it, but that doesn't affect gameplay at all.

I wonder if there's any chance ZUN will fix these glitches...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:36:10 PM by SomeGuy712x »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The unshootable glitch is kinda problematic, it might be patched out. I imagine he knows about it by now but you never know.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
Somehow I just can't get excited about Extra this time around. After the madness and incredible fun of Pointdevice, Extra just feels kinda... bland, I guess. The non-spells seem to go on forever and the fight feels like one big slog.

I like Hecatia, though. The freaky t-shirt weirdo.
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
It seems I can't reach Hecatia's survival no matter what, I get game over on Junko's second spellcard.
Hecatia's blue and second pink nonspell needs to get a balance patch, as well as Junko's nonspells. I haven't seen anyone get past them without bombing once.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
It seems I can't reach Hecatia's survival no matter what, I get game over on Junko's second spellcard.
Hecatia's blue and second pink nonspell needs to get a balance patch, as well as Junko's nonspells. I haven't seen anyone get past them without bombing once.
Will this do? I know I bombed the second blue nonspell, but that's because I misread where the fast lanes were going. Hecatia's blue nonspells are actually pretty similar in terms of overall "function", the second one just has a couple more rows of kunai in the background during the lulls between waves, when it doesn't matter a whole lot (they're much more dangerous when you have to dodge them and the lanes at the same time). The second pink nonspell is actually a mirror version of the first pink one (i.e., instead of the lanes going right then left, they go left then right), outside of the extra kunai of course. The kunai still have tiny tiny hitboxes though, so even if you don't follow the lanes there's still a surprising amount of room to move. Junko's nonspells are pretty much no different from the third nonspell from her boss fight on Lunatic - her first one in Extra actually is exactly the same, while the second one has one more row of bullets per wave. Oh, and the bullets are colored red, if that means anything. Perhaps that's why some people find Junko's Extra nonspells so tough, because they're technically taken straight out of Lunatic.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
Will this do? I know I bombed the second blue nonspell, but that's because I misread where the fast lanes were going. Hecatia's blue nonspells are actually pretty similar in terms of overall "function", the second one just has a couple more rows of kunai in the background during the lulls between waves, when it doesn't matter a whole lot (they're much more dangerous when you have to dodge them and the lanes at the same time). The second pink nonspell is actually a mirror version of the first pink one (i.e., instead of the lanes going right then left, they go left then right), outside of the extra kunai of course. The kunai still have tiny tiny hitboxes though, so even if you don't follow the lanes there's still a surprising amount of room to move. Junko's nonspells are pretty much no different from the third nonspell from her boss fight on Lunatic - her first one in Extra actually is exactly the same, while the second one has one more row of bullets per wave. Oh, and the bullets are colored red, if that means anything. Perhaps that's why some people find Junko's Extra nonspells so tough, because they're technically taken straight out of Lunatic.

Oh thank you, I could hardly find a safe route on the blue ones. I actually have problems guessing if the second kunai wave is aimed at you or comes randomly, but I mostly end up not paying enough attention to the slow kunais on the background and then I screw up.

Junko's problem is that she ends up coming close sometimes and predicting a safe route is near impossible. I would have actually preferred if her nonspells were replaced with the waves similar to her "Trembling, Shivering Star" spellcard, in which forces you to do fast horizontal movements instead of completely random rings that everyone just plain bombs instead of testing their luck.

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!

I think I have seen LoLK extra no miss no bomb somewhere before

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Junko's problem is that she ends up coming close sometimes and predicting a safe route is near impossible. I would have actually preferred if her nonspells were replaced with the waves similar to her "Trembling, Shivering Star" spellcard, in which forces you to do fast horizontal movements instead of completely random rings that everyone just plain bombs instead of testing their luck.
The last few rows of each wave also alternate, just like the entirety of Trembling Shivering Star, so you don't have to worry about reading every single row for the nonspells. Read the first two-thirds or so as they come down (you can do this even if Junko moves down) and plan a route for yourself so you're not caught off-guard by anything. I also like to use friction on these attacks to make sure my movements are precise enough.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
I'm playing a no-bombs run in PD just for the sake of having a "Perfect" run. I'm on Junko's final spell and I can't do it :( I've come so far!!!
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Watching Legacy replays has given me a bit of help, for what it's worth. Although it seems Extra is time2bomb for the most part.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
I did it I did it! I... really wish Pointdevice could save replays! That last spell is trouble!

Somewhat sobering thought, I now have proof that I'm technically capable of a no-miss no-bomb run of Legacy.
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
I did it I did it! I... really wish Pointdevice could save replays! That last spell is trouble!

Somewhat sobering thought, I now have proof that I'm technically capable of a no-miss no-bomb run of Legacy.

Congratulations! I just managed the final spell card myself, pulling off a lunatic no-bombs pointdevice run after two failed attempts at the achievement. Though, in order to handle it I did make use of a bug/feature I discovered that allows you to fix the amount of power you have on pointdevice mode at 4.00, given a lot of failures. It makes me wish Junko dropped any power items after her survival so you didn't almost certainly have to face the final at 3.00 power.

I have to say though, this game really has delivered in all the ways I hoped it would. I was a bit skeptical of Junko's brand of difficulty at first, but after giving some time to learn everything she's pretty fun. I dare say this game may be in my top five favorite Touhous.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

Yeah, exiting the game from PD and then re-entering seems to start you out at 4. It's been around since the trial as well, if I remember right. So either it's a bug ZUN's overlooked or intentional, for as long as it's been there.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Yeah, exiting the game from PD and then re-entering seems to start you out at 4. It's been around since the trial as well, if I remember right. So either it's a bug ZUN's overlooked or intentional, for as long as it's been there.
Probably overlooked, because the game still tracks all retries (e.g.: if you quit at 20 retries and take another 10 going back, the chapter lists 30 tries)

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
I finally get to play LoLK. Try Reisen on Normal Pointdevice mode to see how hard it is. The first 3 stages give me no problems. I think I find Doremy's attacks a lot easier than in the demo. ZUN must have fixed that. Things are going smoothly, having around 6 full bombs...until all are wasted on stage 4 and Sagume. Then on stage 5, DAT hellish wallmaku takes me about 50 tries before I can finally pass through it. I quit playing after dying several times on Clownpiece's first spell. She does a good job of trying to turn me into a complete lunatic.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Yeah, on Pointdevice, the worst mistake you can make is wasting bombs on something you could probably clear without toooo many retries and then you hit stage 5~6 with only a couple bombs or less.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pointdevice is supposed to make you familiar with patterns so that you can clear then with relative ease and improve overall dodging skills, i personally only use bombs when really really necessary x cough cough Clownpiece cough cough x
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

So, something very strange happens when I start from stage 4 of this replay. It desyncs, but also at one point using cheat engine I notice the lives value go from 0 to 4294967295 (largest 32-bit unsigned integer) and starts decreasing from there meaning the replay continues throughout the stage with millions of lives. Somehow it seems to resync and fix the lives at stage 5, but still could prove "interesting" provided it can be triggered in normal gameplay somehow.

Tengukami

I actually ran out of bombs some time in Stage 4. Earned another one early in Stage 6, wasted it on garbage.

Yeah be careful with your bombs in PD is the lesson I take away from this.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
After clearing through PointDevice mode on this game on normal difficulty, my first impressions are:
God damn I never want to face Clownpiece ever again. Some of her spells felt like they were Lunatic level, overall she's way harder than Junko. Clownpiece's spellcards were the only patterns I felt forced to bomb on normal, I managed to capture Striped Abyss once, but with like 70 deaths.

Personally I found Junko's fight pretty charming (unless I'm just biased since her design and theme is easily my favorite from the cast) but Clownpiece just felt wrong, on so many levels. She earns a solid spot amongst my least favorite bosses so far.

Edit: anyone got any advice for Clownpiece's Graze Hell spellcard? I cant figure it out.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:35:55 AM by Darkness1 »

After clearing through PointDevice mode on this game on normal difficulty, my first impressions are:
God damn I never want to face Clownpiece ever again. Some of her spells felt like they were Lunatic level, overall she's way harder than Junko. Clownpiece's spellcards were the only patterns I felt forced to bomb on normal, I managed to capture Striped Abyss once, but with like 70 deaths.

Personally I found Junko's fight pretty charming (unless I'm just biased since her design and theme is easily my favorite from the cast) but Clownpiece just felt wrong, on so many levels. She earns a solid spot amongst my least favorite bosses so far.

Edit: anyone got any advice for Clownpiece's Graze Hell spellcard? I cant figure it out.

If you're refering to Clownpiece's Graze Inferno, yeah it's actually really hard specially if you run out of bombs early and have to beat Clowpiece without them, basically when you graze the row of bullets they slow down or stop completely, this can be a good thing and a bad thing, namelly concerning the position of the stoping bullets, in this spellcard you have to psyche it if you use Reimu it's easier because of her Homing amulets, and always unfocus to get to a new row of bullets so that you aren't forced to the end of the screen.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
Great, another person who did a perfect extra stage
Now all we need is someone who can do a perfect stage 6 run aka make the impossible challenge possible....

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
Great, another person who did a perfect extra stage

Is it on youtube?

Speaking about the extra stage, in your opinion how does Hecatia fare in terms of dificulty to other extra bosses?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Speaking about the extra stage, in your opinion how does Hecatia fare in terms of dificulty to other extra bosses?

In my opinion, I would put her on the upper end of extra boss difficulty, though I have only beaten her once. Though many of her attacks are trick-based like most extra bosses, they take some skill to execute even once you understand the pattern. Also, her non-spells are as a whole the toughest of any extra boss I've seen. Between that and Junko's stealth hi/byes, I'd say she may be one of the toughest extra bosses in the series to date. That opinion may change as I continue to learn her attacks though.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I'd put Hecatia on the easier end of things. For one thing, her stage is stupidly easy except for 1 or 2 parts (which are still fairly easy) and Doremy (who is quite hard). As for Hecatia herself, most of her spell cards are also fairly easy. Her "Spirit World (red)" spellcards would fit in both thematically and difficulty wise on Lunatic Hina (a stage 2 boss). Her "Earth (blue)" spell cards are a bit more challenging, but I they're still quite easy for an extra boss. Her "Moon (yellow)", as well as her nonspells spellcards are all quite hard, and if her entire battle were like that she'd be the hardest extra boss to date. Junko's 1st spell is very stressful and difficult ., but her 2nd is laughably easy. The final and survival cards are easier than Suwako.

All around, I'd say she's definitely in the easier half in terms of extra bosses. But she's got a few patterns that would fit in in fairy wars, and those alone can eat up a lot of your resources.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:40:31 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Hecatia's nonspells are waaaayyyy harder than her spells, imo.
Not sure if everyone thinks like that, but oh well.