Author Topic: Touhou 15 「東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom」 Patch 1.00b released  (Read 218116 times)

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
I would have loved if ZUN gave us Chang'e portrait at least, this way artists interested in the canon part of Touhou could expand their interpretations of Junko's backstory. I imagine it would be similar to Mokou/Kaguya rivalry.
Sugume is mentioned a lot in these endings, hopefully it means that it won't be the last time we'll see her.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Also, seems like
Spoiler:
Yukari actually stole the occult ball (unless it disappeared on its own). I wonder if she's gonna use it in some way in the near future?
Well...
Spoiler:
in the other translation, it says Yukari disappears without ever touching the occult ball. It doesn't say the occult ball disappears.
So, we have two conflicting translations. :S The Marisa translations on thpatch.net aren't of strange quality like the Sanae ones, so I don't know which out of that one or Clarste's is more trustable. I'd lean towards Clarste's, but, it'd be nice to get confirmation from someone else who can read japanese. The jp ending transcript would be on https://thpatch.net/wiki/Th15/Marisa's_Endings
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
Junko's mythology basis is that her child was killed when Houyi shot down the suns.
How do people come to this conclusion? Yes, Houyi shot down suns. Yes, Houyi killed his (also Junko's) son. But nowhere in the story stated: Houyi shot down sun and resulted in killing his child
So while Junko's motive is myth, Junko herself is not
But she kind of is. I mean, there was a woman in Xia Dynasty whose name is 純狐, guess what? her husband is called Houyi.
Just look up "Xia Dynasty Houyi" and search for related story, it is likely that ZUN made Junko based on this Xia dynasty woman.
(Note: There are two different Houyi, one in Xia Dynasty, and another one is the one with Chang'e)
Well...
Spoiler:
in the other translation, it says Yukari disappears without ever touching the occult ball. It doesn't say the occult ball disappears.
So, we have two conflicting translations.
I think you are looking for this line
Spoiler:
結局、パワーストーンには手を付けずに消えていった。

Well...
Spoiler:
So, we have two conflicting translations. :S

Spoiler:
"Yukari disappears without ever touching the power stone" is the more accurate translation. This fits with the context of the ending: Yukari asks Marisa to show her the power stone -> Marisa assumes that Yukari wants to do something to it -> Yukari ends up leaving without doing anything to it.

That doesn't mean
Spoiler:
Yukari did nothing to it.

That doesn't mean
Spoiler:
Yukari did nothing to it.

Spoiler:
I'm... not sure what you mean. "Yukari disappeared without doing anything to the power stone" is what it says in the ending.

I'm not sure if anybody has noticed this yet or not but it seems Touhou Patch Center has a American flag next to LoLK now... English patch finished? I really wish that the Touhou Patch Center would get better at announcing their finished patches instead of just having a little flag appear next to the game on the front page.

Can anybody confirm the quality of the patch so far? No way I'm downloading it if it contains Google translate quality translations (I wouldn't have to ask this question if we still had static patches for these games *grumble grumble*).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Can anybody confirm the quality of the patch so far? No way I'm downloading it if it contains Google translate quality translations (I wouldn't have to ask this question if we still had static patches for these games *grumble grumble*).
Some of the endings need to be fixed up, although half of them are good (or at least good enough you can't tell where it isn't, since non-jp readers can't tell where a translation deviated from the original :V). Apart from the endings it was done (with high quality) within about a week of game release, which IMO is worth the tradeoff of not being 100% sure when it's entirely done with good quality.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

I'm not sure if anybody has noticed this yet or not but it seems Touhou Patch Center has a American flag next to LoLK now... English patch finished? I really wish that the Touhou Patch Center would get better at announcing their finished patches instead of just having a little flag appear next to the game on the front page.

Again, the patch is automatically updated whenever progress is made, so you can be sure that you have the most up to date translations. You can check the translations yourself over at thpatch.net and can even help translate if you want. Perhaps, a couple months from now, a better translation for a certain term will be found. With automatic updating this better translated term will be able to be in the translated game. Also, you were free to download the patch before it was finished due to the aforementioned automatic updating.

Edit: Also, many of the static patches contain numerous translation errors which, due to them being static, cannot be updated to the correct translations.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:35:57 PM by DTM »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Am I missing something, or is there a big gaping plot hole involving the story of LoLK.

Namely Junko's scheme is to make Moon uninhabitable by introducing life to it via fairies.
But...
Why would that matter?  No lunar character has never shown any ill-effects while on Earth. 

Drake

It's uninhabitable as in unacceptable for Lunarians to consider inhabiting. To bring life is to also have deterioration and inevitably death.

Death is a kind of important side-effect, don't you think?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The fairies she invades with are extra-dangerous because she's purified them with her power. They've become pure lifeforce (or however you want to say it) and if you get too close, you'll become completely impure immediately. This is why they're too much for the lunarians. It's also why Clownpiece is crazy strong despite being a fairy; supposedly (according to her dialogue) a purified fairy has power on the level of a god.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:11:18 PM by Selery »

Some of the endings need to be fixed up

Well, I guess I will be waiting a bit longer though but that's okay because I'm prepared to wait for quality... especially when people are translating this for free.

Also, many of the static patches contain numerous translation errors which, due to them being static, cannot be updated to the correct translations.

Yes, my English static patched version of PoFV has a strange error where some of the character dialogue runs off of the screen a little but I'm not too bothered by it because it's usually only 1 or 2 words and that doesn't really stop me from knowing what they are saying.

No lunar character has never shown any ill-effects while on Earth.

Now that you mentioned this, I wonder How Eirin, Reisen and Kaguya handle all of the Earth impurity that is around them at Eientei (the growing bamboo of the bamboo forest). Well, Kaguya is immortal so that explains that but Eirin is a lunarian so shouldn't she be affected put Earth Impurity?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Now that you mentioned this, I wonder How Eirin, Reisen and Kaguya handle all of the Earth impurity that is around them at Eientei (the growing bamboo of the bamboo forest). Well, Kaguya is immortal so that explains that but Eirin is a lunarian so shouldn't she be affected put Earth Impurity?
I don't explicitly recall where I read it, but I think it's been heavily implied Eirin took some of the Hourai Elixir as well. Don't quote me on that, I could be wrong. Eirin is fairly mysterious in general, and between her lunarian cheater tier medical genius and Kaguya's manipulation of "eternity", I wouldn't be surprised if she could still be nigh-lunarian-tier lifespan even without the elixir.

Reisen is just plain impure now, though. LoLK dialogue confirms it, but when you're outright living on the earth (not just stopping by for a short visit) it's an inevitability.

Keep in mind it's not as though becoming impure kills them or anything. (Well, it does, but only in the normal "you'll die in like 60 years from now" kind of way) It's only catastrophe-tier from a lunarian point of view; to earthlings it's just normalcy. When you think about it like that, calling them lunatics or saying they "live in lunacy" makes more sense from more than just a "lol moon reference" standpoint.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:31:08 PM by Selery »

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Reisen is just plain impure now, though. LoLK dialogue confirms it, but when you're outright living on the earth (not just stopping by for a short visit) it's an inevitability.
To make things simple, Eientei people basically live the same way Earth people do ; picture this :

>Life + death = Impurity
>Life & death = two sides of the same coin
>Life leads to death

*Daddy, how does life work ?*
-Well, you're born, you grow old and you die, oh and you suffer in-between btw
-Lol k

>There's growth involved
>Growth takes time

Meaning !
[Birth]===(kid)===[Growing up]===(adult)===[Growing up]===(old age)===>[Death]

>Growth leads to death

Logically Obviously, growth / passing of time bring people (well, normal ones) closer to their deaths, it has to play a role in the whole impurity thingy, since you usually don't go straight from birth to death (that'd be nasty).

Take Eientei for example : back when it was under Kaguya's spell of eternity, food wouldn't go bad, dust wouldn't gather, the whole building wouldn't need maintenance, Kaguya's Udonge bonzai wouldn't grow... basically, when Eientei was pure, it was unaffected by the passing of time, it didn't "grow old", so to speak. When Kaguya released her spell, Eientei popped into history, it became affected by the passing of time... like every other building out there : it pretty much became "impure". Just saying, but although they are supposedly "impure" (/ growing / feeling the passage of time (?)), it's not like Kaguya's Udonge bonzai magically bloomed all of a sudden, it just continued to grow.

Basically, nasty things happen to you because you're impure, although that shouldn't be that an issue for those with long life spans, though. If you're "impure", you're just living like ordinary Earthling, with everything this implies.

Eirin in the ghost team Imperishable Night ending says she took the hourai elixir.  I remember back when that was finally realized, several people fluent in Japanese were asked to confirm and everyone agreed there was no mistaking that that was the intent and context of what Eirin said.

(though it's been so long ago that my memory could be off)

So yea, she and Kaguya don't need to worry about death and impurity anyways. That just leaves Reisen but I'm under the impression Reisen accepted that.  Hell, all moon rabbits don't seem to care about impurity or living on earth.  Then again, moon rabbits clearly don't like the Lunarians either which may or may not have something to do with that attitude. Reisen II bursts into a rant about how unjust it is that the moon rabbits have to suffer for something their master did millenia ago.

....honestly, I'm not sure how much Moon Rabbits benefit from purity anyways.  It's stated in SSiB (or one of its sister print works) that there are very few moon rabbits left from the first Genso-Lunar war.  Maybe moon rabbits don't fear impurity and death because those evil slave driving Lunarians get them killed even despite the purity (it's stated in CiLR that you can die despite being pure to things like accidents.  IE all the purity in the world won't save you if you get friggin' stabbed in the heart with a knife, for example).  The Genso Lunar war was "only" 1,000 years ago (or... something like that, right?  I forget), so if I were a moon rabbit, I'd also consider adopting a "Might as well move to earth to get away from those slave-driving Lunarians because they're gonna get me killed within a thousand years anyways." attitude, too.

Maybe I'd even be able to go all Tewi on my lifespan while saying "Screw you, Lunarians!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:41:39 PM by Tiamat »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
And that is something that I think that Tewi may one day capitalize on, because I think that maybe Tewi may convince more moon rabbits to try to come to Gensokyo, but not to invade the place at all, simply live in it with Reisen and the others.

There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Camilo113

• Luck, Resilience and Perseverance
  • Gensokyo is capable of change
Tewi may convince more moon rabbits to try to come to Gensokyo.
When did Tewi convinced any moon rabbit to stay in Gensokyo? Am I missing something?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I think he's talking about how Seiran, Ringo, and the other moon rabbits may have stayed in Gensokyo after the events of LoLK. One of the bad endings states they did, but it was also a bad ending, so it's hard to tell. (The stuff in the other bad endings is, this time around, all useful information, because it's just the legacy ending rather than an actual Bad End) Ringo loved Earth though, so it makes sense she would.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Don't forget the Watatsuki sisters brief stay in Gensoukyo or pre-immortal Kaguya.  And do the lunar rabbits count or not?  There's a gaping plot hole in LoLK's story you could drive a Mack Truck through.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Uhm, no there's not... again, the reason the fairy attack on the Lunar Kingdom is so dangerous is because they were purified by Junko's power, so they can make you entirely impure right away. So, the lunarians can't even come near them. In Marisa's scenario Clownpiece says, "Wouldn't it be awful to become completely impure just by touching us?"

When Reisen runs into all the fairies in stage 5, she says the people of the moon should have nothing to fear from the impurity of mere fairies, before realizing they're more impure than normal. It's not like the lunarians can't be in the vicinity of any impurity at all; it's just that the invasion was on an entirely different level.

Also, less related, but they probably wouldn't really care if some moon rabbits got impure (Apart from not letting them back onto the moon) They seem to be sort of abused, and the moon rabbits themselves (or at least Ringo) seem unconcerned with the notion of becoming impure.

Possibly relevant: Toyohime states in CiLR that technically, even Lunarians have a little impurity in them and will die some day (though apparently I guess "some day" is after millions of years).  In that case, it's unsurprising that small amounts of impurity can be tolerated. It's not a case of "a small amount of impurity is changing an infinite lifespan to non-infinte" because Lunarian lives were never infinite in the first place.  Just freakishly long.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Possibly relevant: Toyohime states in CiLR that technically, even Lunarians have a little impurity in them and will die some day (though apparently I guess "some day" is after millions of years).  In that case, it's unsurprising that small amounts of impurity can be tolerated. It's not a case of "a small amount of impurity is changing an infinite lifespan to non-infinte" because Lunarian lives were never infinite in the first place.  Just freakishly long.
Well, of course, they need to grow up otherwise all of the Lunar Capital's residents would be babies or children

Lunarians doesn't seem to die of old age nor grow old to unhealthy level. I wonder if the contents of the box, which suddenly transformed Urashima Tarou into a old man (in CiLR), have anything to do with this  :wat: ? Lunarians gotta grow without dying in one way or another after all...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 01:39:27 PM by Suspicious person »

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
I just 1CCed the game (with much difficulty). Now I know why nearly everybody calls Junko "Junk".

I just 1CCed the game (with much difficulty). Now I know why nearly everybody calls Junko "Junk".

hey i came up with that joke first (okay like one person will get this lol if they even still read this thread)

haven't played LOLK in a while though but the patterns are still really fun to me. considering trying out scoring in it.
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

PK

• Border of Whatever
Well, of course, they need to grow up otherwise all of the Lunar Capital's residents would be babies or children

Lunarians doesn't seem to die of old age nor grow old to unhealthy level. I wonder if the contents of the box, which suddenly transformed Urashima Tarou into a old man (in CiLR), have anything to do with this  :wat: ? Lunarians gotta grow without dying in one way or another after all...
Well, some lunarians were supposedly originarily humans from the Earth, so they'd probably be already a bit old.
For the "true" lunarians, my guesses are:
-They have someone capable of making people age instantly (i.e Kaguya and her relatives, or some medicine).
-They use a small amount of impurity to make young lunarians grow, then remove/seal it.
-Lunarian genetic makes them grow decently fast, then their growth slows down to the extreme when they reach a certain "apparent age".
-They are born out of thin air like some kind of youkai, already grown up. Or they are just spirits who can take whatever form they want.

In contrast, they probably have an extremely low birth rate.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:03:52 PM by PK »

PK

• Border of Whatever
double...

doesn't Yuyuko's ending in IN
Spoiler:
have Eirin avoiding drinking a deadly poison (that Yuyuko gave her, because she knew that Eirin would realize that the plant made to use the tea was poisonous) because she didn't want to die? (and thus become Yuyu's doctor; "why do you need a doctor?")
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Well, some lunarians were supposedly originarily humans from the Earth, so they'd probably be already a bit old.
For the "true" lunarians, my guesses are:
-They have someone capable of making people age instantly (i.e Kaguya and her relatives, or some medicine).
-They use a small amount of impurity to make young lunarians grow, then remove/seal it.
-Lunarian genetic makes them grow decently fast, then their growth slows down to the extreme when they reach a certain "apparent age".
-They are born out of thin air like some kind of youkai, already grown up. Or they are just spirits who can take whatever form they want.

In contrast, they probably have an extremely low birth rate.
I'd like to add that the Lunar Capital is said to be free of sabi, meaning the Lunarians would have to artificially create the appearance of age, wear and tear (the effects of time). I could be wrong on this, of course.

Or maybe only the faint trace of impurity inherent in Lunarians is needed for babies to grow at a relatively rapid rate. I'm thinking logarithmic growth: the older one is, the smaller/slower the effect of that impurity.

Drake

doesn't Yuyuko's ending in IN
Spoiler:
have Eirin avoiding drinking a deadly poison (that Yuyuko gave her, because she knew that Eirin would realize that the plant made to use the tea was poisonous) because she didn't want to die? (and thus become Yuyu's doctor; "why do you need a doctor?")
Yes, but Yuyuko didn't know that she had taken the Hourai Elixir / that she's a god. Alternatively, Yuyuko somehow knew she wouldn't die anyways.

I'd like to add that the Lunar Capital is said to be free of sabi, meaning the Lunarians would have to artificially create the appearance of age, wear and tear (the effects of time). I could be wrong on this, of course.
That is the case, Kaguya explains this to Reimu in CiLR and it's paralleled with a similar explanation for Hakugyokurou somewhere else.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -